** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL 14-15/4 QF return leg

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg

Porto were not poor, United just defended 100 times better than last game, fact. as for Arsenal, I got that totally wrong.
Agreed, Utd had very few chances overall, rain had an effect. Utd's defense were a bit more organized although EVS looked shaky in goal.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Porto don't even want to score... All they need is 1-1...
I thought exactly the same in the second half. Damn..I really expected more from them. They had some chances but still...like they were not eager to score..

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Funny you say you didn't play both teams to score at the end of the game..... I went through the thread and you clearly were favoring both teams to score. Your post however about how people fell for the trap.....was pretty much a low blow buddy. Are you JEALOUS or somehting.. Someone mentioned before kick off that both teams to score was a safe bet, and i backed it up.. but i couldnt find that bet. so i skipped it.. SO NANANANANANANANANA .. I bet u backed POrto, probably why ur in a sour mood MIKE

Funny you say you didn't play both teams to score at the end of the game..... I went through the thread and you clearly were favoring both teams to score. Your post however about how people fell for the trap.....was pretty much a low blow buddy. Are you JEALOUS or somehting.. Someone mentioned before kick off that both teams to score was a safe bet, and i backed it up.. but i couldnt find that bet. so i skipped it.. SO NANANANANANANANANA .. I bet u backed POrto, probably why ur in a sour mood MIKE
I didn't back anyone bud, I was a viewer because I don't wager just for the sake of it. I like this forum a ton but I just find it absolutely annoying when posters claim they wager one thing then during the game when the result isn't going to happen they back out of it. Right now you are clearly looking immature.

Funny you say you didn't play both teams to score at the end of the game..... I went through the thread and you clearly were favoring both teams to score. Your post however about how people fell for the trap.....was pretty much a low blow buddy. Are you JEALOUS or somehting.. Someone mentioned before kick off that both teams to score was a safe bet, and i backed it up.. but i couldnt find that bet. so i skipped it.. SO NANANANANANANANANA .. I bet u backed POrto, probably why ur in a sour mood MIKE
Enough of that shit GG. Win with humility and maturity or find another forum.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Jealous there Mike... .. ANyway, theres always one grumpy old sod... Fantastic night of bettign lads.. Keep up the good work. ill be around much more giving my expert analysis on games as they come.. I hope people took my advice over the last 2 days.. I was SPOt on the whole way..Really proud of my tipping .

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg No Mike has a very good point and you should make sure you don't start "after eventing". Write your bets and reasoning before the start of the matches. Support or disagree with others and give mature reasons why. Don't argue like a child afterwards. Learn it quickly and stop writing comments like "my expert tips" as you sound like a 12 year old. There are far better tipsters on this forum than you, learn from them in every way.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg How do u know there are better tipsters than me about ? Thats abit patronising.. Maybe im not the best, but i dont think its right for someone to put down a fellow punter just becasue he made some good tips and some wining bets tonight. I have made several posts from start to finish on this forum, and if you read my analysis on the matches, they are consistant throughout. No changing minds. I just listened to other posts and agreed with them, and dissagreed with others, like the POrto backers for instance.. Anyway good night, and well done lads..

Manchester United @ 2.20 PaddyPower :clap Manchester United know they need to win tonights match and lets not forget Manchester United can blow away any team on there day and there is a big gap in class when there stars tick. Ferguson will send out an attacking side to look for a goal but with the likes of Vidic and Ferdinand at the back they are solid. Porto took Man Utd by surprise at Old Trafford but they know that Porto cannot be underestimated this time and that they must turn up in this match. Arsenal @ 1.57 Betfred :clap The tie is not as safe as some people are making out. Arsenal cannot run the risk of protecting what they have because 1 goal from Villareal and there away goal in Spain is cancelled out. Arsenal may be without Gallas, Djourou and Arshavin but after 18 or so games unbeaten and with Adebayor and Fabregas back fit the confidence is booming. Wenger knows that in reality the Champions League is his priority know that they have opened a gap up between themselves, Aston Villa and Everton in the final Champ League place in the league. I expect this to be a tight game but Arsenal to win on the night.
Porto vs Manchester United - Both teams to score @ 1.90 Ladbrokes :eyes Manchester United must score and im more than confident that they will score more than once tonight, I can see Porto scoring also, there is always a twist on these occassions and I can see Porto making a tie out of this. However, I think that Manchester United will still go on to do a proffessional job and see themselves through to the Semi Finals with a possible 1-2 or 1-3 win.
2 out of 3. Decent week for me in the champions league, Hopefully this will continue into the Uefa Cup tomorrow.

Sadly my PL debut ended in defeat after what is without question the most exciting game I've watched all seasona ending in a pulsating draw. Liverpool deserved to win that game last night and personally was gutted when Ngog's header was cleared off the line in the 89th minute. Here's hoping that I can get my first PL winner tonight. Both games tonight are poised to be very close affairs but I fancy the english sides to prevail on bo9th. Many have written off Uniteds chances tonight as they travel to Portugal considering the home sides impressive home pedigree against English opposition but United have the quality in their ranks to come through this tough test. In previous rounds I have been far from impressed with Porto's form and taking aside their extremely creidble showing at Old Trafford last week there has been little to get me exicted about this Porto side. Ferguson has admitted that he took Porto lightly at Old Trafford and you can be assured he wont make the same critical error twice. An away win looks good for me. TCM
:nana:nana:nana Good to get off the mark with that tip. Stunning goal from Ronaldo, you will struggle to see a purer strike of the football all season. Really looking forward to the semi finals, should be 2 cracking ties. TCM

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg As a Porto fan im very happy with my team´s effort! When the teams were drawn everybody laughed about United´s luck...well gentlemen...Porto wasn´t that easy team everyone was expecting. We played very well in Old Trafford and today we were very unlucky..Man Utd score with only 6 minutes then defended 84 minutes...they had the "star of lucky", they had "that thing" that big teams usually have. Man Utd is my favourite to win the Champions League, and after two tight games, i have to be happy with my team...Porto´s main goal every season is to be crowned Portuguese Champion and garantee the Champions League...to win the Uefa Champions is utopy for every portuguese team...only in dreams! So...Congratulations Porto, and congratulations Man Utd and english fellows...hope you guys win the trophy! :clap Cheers to everyone!

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Didnt like some attitude in here aswell. Doesnt happen too often that Paul has to jump in and warn someone which shows the great atmosphere in this forum. Well done to all the winners and better luck next time for those who werent successful :ok

:nana:nana:nana Good to get off the mark with that tip. Stunning goal from Ronaldo, you will struggle to see a purer strike of the football all season. Really looking forward to the semi finals, should be 2 cracking ties. TCM
Nice win TCM and :welcome to the PL Look forward to your tips in the future :ok

Jealous there Mike... .. ANyway' date=' theres always one grumpy old sod... Fantastic night of bettign lads.. Keep up the good work. [b']ill be around much more giving my expert analysis on games as they come.. I hope people took my advice over the last 2 days.. I was SPOt on the whole way..Really proud of my tipping .
:eek Bloody hell, settle down mate, not as if you've predicted anything amazing, they tips you have given are by no means anything special, sorry to burst your bubble. Keep up at the tipping, but maybe in future don't be so big headed and people on here may start to take you more seriously :ok

As a Porto fan im very happy with my team´s effort! When the teams were drawn everybody laughed about United´s luck...well gentlemen...Porto wasn´t that easy team everyone was expecting. We played very well in Old Trafford and today we were very unlucky..Man Utd score with only 6 minutes then defended 84 minutes...they had the "star of lucky", they had "that thing" that big teams usually have. Man Utd is my favourite to win the Champions League, and after two tight games, i have to be happy with my team...Porto´s main goal every season is to be crowned Portuguese Champion and garantee the Champions League...to win the Uefa Champions is utopy for every portuguese team...only in dreams! So...Congratulations Porto, and congratulations Man Utd and english fellows...hope you guys win the trophy! :clap Cheers to everyone!
Did you go to the game? I was there - your fans were good, there was no trouble. In fact, most of them seemed more concerned at the end about swapping scarves than fighting :cow. Some other unnamed English clubs could do with perhaps learning from Porto's fans! Also, great stadium very impressive. Great game though. United played extremely well and didn't look out of control in the majority of the game, although it appeared Fergie made a mistake replacing the dominant Anderson with Scholes 'cause there was no ball-winner on the field then. Still, it was great to see Rio back and organising the team. I really rate Porto's attacking ability. Unfortunately, most of my fellow United fans near where I live are pretty ignorant of European football outside of England so they don't know how good the side can be. However, that aside, I still think United's draw was the best draw - Porto aren't great overall - just at attacking. A match against Chelsea, Liverpool, Barcelona etc. would have been much less welcome! P.S. Super Bock in litre glasses = godly :cheers

Did you go to the game? I was there - your fans were good, there was no trouble. In fact, most of them seemed more concerned at the end about swapping scarves than fighting :cow. Some other unnamed English clubs could do with perhaps learning from Porto's fans! Also, great stadium very impressive. Great game though. United played extremely well and didn't look out of control in the majority of the game, although it appeared Fergie made a mistake replacing the dominant Anderson with Scholes 'cause there was no ball-winner on the field then. Still, it was great to see Rio back and organising the team. I really rate Porto's attacking ability. Unfortunately, most of my fellow United fans near where I live are pretty ignorant of European football outside of England so they don't know how good the side can be. However, that aside, I still think United's draw was the best draw - Porto aren't great overall - just at attacking. A match against Chelsea, Liverpool, Barcelona etc. would have been much less welcome! P.S. Super Bock in litre glasses = godly :cheers
Good stuff Mozzi. The lads looked to be enjoying themelves behind the goals.:ok Solid all round performance with Rooney immense. The work ethic of the bloke for the cause of his team, with no ego to feed, is a joy to watch. As for the after-eventing last night, some were at it on Tuesday. Sad. Felt robbed by Busacca on the O'Shea body-check, but otherwise a superb night.

Didnt like some attitude in here aswell. Doesnt happen too often that Paul has to jump in and warn someone which shows the great atmosphere in this forum. Well done to all the winners and better luck next time for those who werent successful :ok
Well said :ok After all this forum is for advices. Deep thoughts about the matches and a bit chat with some buddies :D