** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL 14-15/4 QF return leg

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Thought it would be a good time for my 1st tip. Along with many others here, i really like the over 2.5 in both of tonight's games. Both Liverpool and Bayern will have to attack, leaving gaps in the back for a counter.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Interesting halftime scores. Barca with Messi,Iniesta,Xavi,Eto not able to own Bayern yet. Opposite, Toni and Ribery had good chances to score goals I hope they get one atleast in 2nd half. As for Liverpool.. crazy shit :lol

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg

Welcome to the lounge. Now about your bet am not trying to discourage you or anything like that but humberg seem to have a problem in defence, quite a few injuries have been announced, breimen's away record is quite poor this season only won once in the bundasliga. But football is football you just never know.
thanks tip hunter. i think hamburg at 29/10 is simply incredible value. they were streets and streets ahead of city in the 1st leg and i really cant get to grips how they can be such odds after seeing the hiding they dished out to them last week. im aware of bremen's away record but udinese have taken a total nose dive since a really good opening to the season. the merits of the italian league as compared to the german one also give me a lot of confidence. funnily enough, even before i put the bet on barca were the team i was worried about most, they're the shortest price and yet they're the one team im wasnt confident about but thought they may just have a bit too much class and really put the tie to bed early in the 1st half. even if it goes belly up tonight, a bremen, hamburg £20 double still pays over £200 with hills so i'll be going for some of that.

Both teams to score @ 1.80 with BET365 Over 10 corners @ 1.80 with BET365 Over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 with BET365 Liverpool to score 1st @ 2.20 with BET365
Pleased with these. Luckily I had the sense to take under 9 corners in the 66th minute, otherwise I'd have lost out. Had a feeling the corners weren't going to go my way after a couple of decisions that should have been given as corners. Also, why are there so many in game posts in this thread? Surely, that's what the midweek livescore thread is for?

Check this out guys: Paddypower gives some nice odds on Liverpool goals: Liverpool to score 2 or more goals 7/4 :) Liverpool to score 3 or more goals 6/1 ;) Liverpool to score 4 or more goals 22/1 :eek
Great bet Mahno, hope you enjoy your winnings:beer

Jacko' date=' use oddschecker.com to comare prices. Best price for Arsenal to qualify is 1/4 with various firms, including Bet365.[/quote'] Thanks mate. But weird I can't seem to find the selection for Arsenal to qualify. Hmmm.. edit: alright found it :P

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg I think I will leave the two games alone tomorrow. I think Arsenal will win, probably 1-0....I don't want to risk too much going into a full weekend. I don't fancy Man Utd at all against Porto. The odds are rubbish and there is a quartet of Darren Fletcher, Jon O'Shea, Park Ji-Sung and Johnny Evans that facilitate a poor United performance every game they play....if any of those players play, United will struggle. If I were Ferguson I'd be looking at starting with Ferdinand, Vidic, Neville and Evra in defence. Giggs on the left, Ronaldo on the right, Scholes and Carrick in the centre, Rooney and Tevez up front. Be weary if they don't start with that team lineup.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Biggest match since 2004 at the Dragão, a 50-000 strong crowd and a great quarterfinal matchup in perspective.

This tie was always going to be closer than many (including implied bookmakers’ odds) were making - as a few punters here had suggested - and indeed we come to the 2nd leg with a score draw and ManUtd virtually needing an away win, or a high scoring draw in alternative.

Much as I admire Sir Alex Ferguson and have been a fan of ManUtd's football for years I suspect he will regret somewhat the way he approached the 1st match and in particular the 1st half last week at Old Trafford . ManUtd gave too much away and they soon realized that this Porto team is a very respectable side with 3 or 4 players who can take half a chance when it presents itself. It was surprising that they chose not to postpone their match on Sunday prior and they will have paid a price. My take for tomorrow is that this poor start to the tie could come back to haunt them.

No question in my mind that the ability is there in the ManUtd to win in Porto. But Porto will make their life very difficult and on the basis of ManUtd's recent form there is simply no value in betting on them, as close to Evens favourites, to win this match.

We of course come back to what is a traditional value bet in Euro competitions : betting against the favourite British side, as the book will simply tend to reflect the money pouring into the domestic side rather than the sportsbetting value on the match outcome. Porto are playing some solid football, they showed it at Old Trafford, but again as I had noted in my match preview they were let down by a defensive blunder. However, playing at home, even if they do concede, they will keep on pushing, as they did after the 1-1 and the 2-1. Simply put, this team is playing very well, certainly the best since the 2004 CL win, and that must mean something. Main drawback for the Porto side could be the lack of international experience. We'll see. ManUnited welcome back some important players, including Anderson and Berbatov and Rio Ferdinand. Porto suffered a setback today in that coach Jesualdo Ferreira was oddly suspended by UEFA on the eve of the match. I suspect Mr Platini doesn't have the highest feelings for us...

At these odds of close to 4.00 the home win is an attractive proposition, though I think I'll cover for the draw.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg 15/04/2009 Porto - Man U - 2 Porto meet Man U in a match which will decide who of 2 teams will play in semifinals. The hosts are in good condition after 2:2 at Old Trafford and have some advantages. Man U, however, has proven over the years that should never be underestimated and trainer like Sir Alex knows very well how to win a match like this and eliminate it. Ruuny Wayne, Ronaldo, Tevez, and Makena are top form and will be a problem for the deffense of Porto. Despite the good of the Porto game, I think that class will be decisive and Man. United will win in this match and will continue forward in the tournament. I sincerely hope Mitko Berbatov to give up and prove why he is in this great club Man U Tips - 2

Check this out guys: Paddypower gives some nice odds on Liverpool goals: Liverpool to score 2 or more goals 7/4 :) Liverpool to score 3 or more goals 6/1 ;) Liverpool to score 4 or more goals 22/1 :eek
Wow,all bets won.Amazing game :beer Good profit yesterday.Also bets with both teams to score won as well.What a night :loon Hope you all guys made good profit yesterday :dude

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Now back to United match. As far as i know Man Un. never won away to Porto,i don't even think any English team beat Porto at home.Porto plays some good football in 2009 and they are very strong at home.Hard game for United as they must score in order to qualify. Now let's use logic.Let's say Man Un will score...it means Porto has to score as well.1-1 will not be enough for MU so they will try to score second one.Basicly this match can be as good as Chelsea v Pool yesterday with speed,action and loads of goals.With Rooney,Ronaldo and Berbatov up front i'm sure MU will score at least 2 goals. So my bets for this match are: both teams to score @1.75 bet365 :hope over 2.5 goals @1.95 bet365 :hope MU to score 2 or more goals evens Paddy Power :hope MU to score 3 or more goals 4/1 PP :hope Porto to score 2 or more goals 15/8 PP :hope GL :ok