Virgin Fest - Bubble Time!!!

GeordieGaz

Arggghhhh!!! Having just came back from the Virgin Festival after 13 hours of poker and finishing in 21st on the bubble I'm obviously quite disappointed. With blinds at 4k/8k with a running ante of 500, we are 7 handed. I'm feeling confident after just pushing my 40k stack in with KQ and gettin no callers so I'm now up to 56k.... I can limp into the cash now as there is a couple of players with short stacks (16k-20k) so they are deffo gona have to push soon! However, my aim at the start of the day was not to limp into the cash, it was to have a stack going into a final table, the prize structure is so top heavy that I don't believe limping into the cash is the right way to play... So.... I'm in mid position, the SB has a very big stack of around 130k and the BB has around 35k... I look down at :As: :Td: .... it folds round to me, now I have a big decision.... do I fold?, do I push? surely there is no point in flat-calling here and if I just raise to say 20k, I'm pot committed... so what to do?.... I decide to push and the SB tanks before pushing his 120k stack in..... I know I'm in trouble and can hear the words bubble boy ringing in my ears... He shows :Ac: :Qd:.... I'm in deep sh*t!!!!..... the flop brings down 3 spades so I have the nut flush draw but I miss the turn and river and I'm out!! Now having spoke to a few fellow PLrs there was suggestions I was a wee bit impatient as the short stacks would have been all in soon anyways, on the other hand having talked to the lad who knocked me out (Ross Jarvis of PokerPlayer mag).. he said my play was the right one as it was so important to take the blinds in that situation and I was just unlucky to run into a hand. Obviously I was very disappointed to go out on the bubble but I feel I done the right thing and if I was in the same situation I would have probably done it again.... primarily because of my aim of getting together a stack for the final table. So what do other people think? Should I have folded?

Re: Virgin Fest - Bubble Time!!! Gaz - Why would u shove with KQ and not A 10?? Your sadly just being results orientated and its a stanard shove here mate. You had 40k and was willing to put it in with KQ and it worked, great. Before the hand you still had double the short stacks so no pressure and no you have a better hand than before. Its unfortunate to run into a hand but one of those things.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.