Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** June Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Like2Fish, 3rd McG **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

Best bet of the day 2 april

2.45 leciester 2.45 Like the look of special cuvee here, ran well in a 7f at folkestone with a win over river rye, and is a decent performer over 6f aswell and wouldnt need a lot of luck to land this without too many problems with being well treated in weights when looking at OR! spencer also booked to ride. 2pt win special cuvee

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 5-30 aintree-sunnyhill boy-e/way when he won three on the trot he came from off the pace but last time at cheltenham he was ridden close to the pace and i think for that reason he ran like a donkey at weston super mare i think mc'coy will ride him off the pace and deliver him late and i think this longer trip will suit him better to,also as a good weight so i will give him a chance

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 5.30 Aintree Sunnyhillboy EW Given strange ride at Cheltenham when ridden prominently and ran very poorly in the County hurdle. In all previous outings had been held up off the pace and had won 3 on the bounce using these tactics before the festival. If McCoy reverts to previous succesful tactics and selection can get near to the form shown when winning a listed race at Sandown Sunnyhillboy is well in at the weights and should go close today.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 5.40 Leicester Tartan Gigha struggled to make an impact when first making the switch from maidens to handicap company but having been put away from October, made a comeback run when picking up an 0-85 Kempton handicap last month. The break seems to have done him the world of good and he ran credibly in defeat when last seen chasing home the well backed Soccerjackpot, plugging on gamely until the death after the winner got first run on him turning for home. He drops back in trip here which isn't a problem as he is a distance winner, and with the benefit of a recent run I prefer him to Pravda Street, who returns from a 349-day break and may be a little ring rusty. Xpress Maite would be very well handicapped if able to transfer his all-weather form back onto turf, but it may be significant that his record on turf is only 1-15 as opposed to 8-30 on sand. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april Aintree 14:00 - Big Buck'sI was in the Punchestowns camp at Cheltenham in the world hurdle but this surprised a few I guess when he saw him and KB off. He has looked very classy all season over hurdles and im not sure what can stop him today, he also has a c&d win to his name here when chasing. Nicholls and Walsh team up again here and they'll be looking to carry on where they left after Cheltenham. Mighty Man ran well in the world hurdle when finishing 5th giving that he had been off the track for nearly two years, he could be a danger here as he has twice won this race, but for me its a four timer for Big Buck's. 2pts win Super Nap

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 5.30 Aintree. 0.5 pts e/w. Hernando Royal. On it's last run over 21 furlongs at Huntingdon it beat Hills Of Aran by 3 lengths.It has the beating of Sunnyhill Boy,finishing ahead of todays rival on two previous occasions.Today it has bottom weight and R.P.Flint takes off another 5 lbs.R.P.Flint has ridden this horse on it's last five runnings.I think this horse is peaking at just the right time and so must have a decent e/w chance.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 2.35 Aintree - STARLUCK (1pt Win) A horse that has impressed me very much this season and I fancy him strongly today. He looked the winner in The Triumph turning for home but just didn't get up the hill that day, still running a great race to finish 4th, beaten 7 lengths. The combination of better ground and this much flatter track, should see him go much closer today. Timmy Murphy will play his cards late and stamina should not be a problem on this very easy course today.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april Ain 2.35 Starluck 1pt win Keen on this horse. I backed him in the TH thinking that whilst there was stamina doubts, I felt he could just get home. Ultimately he didn’t. He travelled extremely well, better than anything else in that race imo but didn’t get home to such an extent where he went from 2 out looking a possible/probable winner to not even placing. There is a suggestion he might not find that much and it will be interesting to see as his career develops as to whether that has substance but Im definitely given him another try today. He has produced top form on 2m flat tracks before, certainly in terms of impression and he could just outclass these and have too much speed for them in a cheeky fashion.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 1pt win Poquelin 16:20 Aintree Ran a stinker at Cheltenham but I am not sure if the ground was quick enough for this horse in that type of race. Run so badly and still not beaten that far by the others who reoppose again today. Has run well previously in big field listed handicap hurdles and I still think this horse is well handicapped.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april Aintree 3.10pm 1pt lay Denman What can be said about this horse he is a star but stars fade one day,this is lay is based on the field as imv they are very good with at least 3 that will and can win this race these horses must at some point step up and take a race like todays and then go on,most write ups are with Denman today but thats to easy aint it and as most know horse racing aint ever that easy. Goodluck What Ever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 5.30 Aintree - Altilhar e/w The key here is not to go for horses, who had hard races at Cheltenham. I like this Moore runner, who should be 100% ready for this race. Ground and trip spot and could just be one of those trainer's good handicapped horses.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 5.30 Aintree Hernando Royal WIN This course could play to the strengths of this horse. Stepping up to 20f on last 2 outings & on fast ground should ensure the horse can step up again on a mark of only 127, it beat Hills of Aran last time out which is a 150 rated horse & HR received 26lb that day, so i just think the horse is perhaps a couple of pounds still in hand. Hills of aran won well at Fontwell last week beating Font giving that horse 22lb. Font is only rated 1lb higher than HR in tomorrows race. so in summing up, Hills of Aran is 150, HR is 127 & Font is 128. HR beat it 3L & Font was beaten 1.75L. There are many others to consider & speed again will be key, i have watched HR many times this season & it always seems to be thereabouts & should give a good account.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 420 Aintree : Bambi De L'Orme EW This looks a very good EW bet to me with the added bonus of AP doing the steering. The horse won this in 2007 and reached a mark of 141 before finding life a bit tough in these relentless handicaps. Has steadily come back down to a reasonable rating (133) and last time out at Donny showed he was back to something near his best. The ground is the key to this horse, must be decent and the track suits his style of running and today I expect him to be spot on.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 2.35 Aintree Kyrie Eleison One of my musts at Aintree is to be wary of horses that had hard races at Cheltenham. That leads me to look at horses other than Walkon and Starluck in this race and the one I plumped for is a juicy price. Kyrie Eleison has had 3 runs in Ireland, improving with each run and eventually winning an average Group 2 last time out. However, the key to the horse is the ground. On the flat, he performed much better on firmer ground and in Ireland all his runs have been on heavy. On better ground today, I expect a lot of improvement and he should go close.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 5-30 aintee FONT , looks a cracking bet in the last , no doubting the fact that hes well handicapped , travels well , conditions will suit and ruby walsh doing the steering and should be bang there at the line .

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april Star De Mohaison 3.10 Aintree I probably wouldn't fancy this off level weights after the poor show at Cheltenham but they felt it wasn't itself then. Was impressive before that until not getting home on softened ground. Has winning course form here, gets 10lb pull and the ground will be ideal. Expecting a big run and could beat Denman with the weight difference. Some of the others in the field have promised plenty but delivered very little and look outclassed.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april Aintree 2.35 Hebridean WIN Missed Cheltenham with this race in mind and ground conditions looking ideal for one that has a lot of flat form on a fast surface, you could see Hebridean progress past his rivals today. Trainer has been been fairly bullish about it's chances in this contest today and made it the nap of his runners today - I agree.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 3.55 LEICESTER Splinter Cell 3 runs to date, not done a lot wrong in any of them, Jamie Spencer on board (who rode its only victory) - 10/1 currently which makes it a cracking price in a competitive race. Unlike many of the other runners, fitness should not be an issue.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april A5.30 Big Eared Fran 0.5pt E/W Was given too much to do last time out and I think the horse will be more suited to this flat track. The horse is also reunited with the jockey with a 1 from 1 strike rate on the horse. Ground and trip no problem and less exposed than many of its rivals.

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april

5.30 Aintree Sunnyhillboy EW Given strange ride at Cheltenham when ridden prominently and ran very poorly in the County hurdle. In all previous outings had been held up off the pace and had won 3 on the bounce using these tactics before the festival. If McCoy reverts to previous succesful tactics and selection can get near to the form shown when winning a listed race at Sandown Sunnyhillboy is well in at the weights and should go close today.
well done pete i had this to won easy mate 4L :nana:nana:nana

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april First one posted was a non runner so going for third best as second best is about to go off at a very short price anyway lol! 7.55 Cracking small field handicap satwa pounced home last time out at wolverhampton over a further furlong than tonights run but doesnt look harshly treated in first handicap trip and aslong as last time wasnt just a fluke! 0.5pt e/w satwa gold (Currently 16/1 on sportingbet looks a massive price!)

Re: Best bet of the day 2 april 19:20 Kemp Star Choice - Very open race this one. Star Choice gets the nod ahead of Mixing and Shanafrana. Star Choice runs off a decent mark here and LTO did very well to hack up to win at Wolvs. The horse is very consistent, getting some very good places and wins at the beginning of this year and the end of last year. It gets the nod over both Mixing and Shanafaran(although I have bets on them as well) and I think this will run close at a decent price. Star Choice - WIN 7/1