** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL - 7th & 8th of April

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April

Hi,all, greetings from Greece First time posting. I have read all your posts and just want to post my beliefs for the games today. I have bet from the weekend 390 Euro valencia-getafe over 3,5 @ 3,1, werder-Hannover over 2,5 @ 1,45 end the third is barca alone over 2,5 @ 2,4. I really cant think how Bayern can defend this amazing barca squad, especially with defenders like breno,demichelis,oddo and lahm. Lahm is an attacking wing back just like barca's daniel alves who rarely remembers his defensive obligations plus his defendig skills are fair, breno is just average with no experience at all, center back is not demichelis original position and he is way too slow for barca's attack and oddo also just average. I don't know if i am just trying to convince my self but i really cant think how can bayern defend. Having seen all year both bayern and barca my bets except this previously quoted would be: correct score 4-1 another score @ betfair's correct score Hope tonight will watch what i expect and at the end with some good cash. Good luck to all
Almost unbelievable day 2day. If ze roberto could make the only chance of FC Bayern count, it would have been one of my best betting days ever. I don't want to be greedy, the other score @ betfair's correct score and the over 2,5 barca alone paid very well. Barca dominated Bayern as ecxpected although in a far more convincing way. The Germans just tried not to be embarassed with an astronomical score. Nice football from Barca, this team is a goal machine

cheers :cheers' date=' glad to see you making profit mate :ok[/quote'] Thanks mate, though at first I could not be happy about it. The way Bayern represented Bundesliga was ashaming, 4-5 missing players made such a big difference to the already not so superior Bayern... Not THE Bayern I know really... I hope Hoeneß will act and get back Bayern to what they are supposed to be! :unsure Good luck with Man Utd next week :hope, I did not have luck with them aswell... :$

I have bet from the weekend 390 Euro valencia-getafe over 3' date='5 @ 3,1, werder-Hannover over 2,5 @ 1,45 end the third is [b']barca alone over 2,5 @ 2,4.
WOW, where the hell did you get such great odds on over 2,5??? Local in greece? Here in Germany we got 1,75 @ max :(

So Dravidian' date=' do you think every player Liverpool has other than Torres and Gerrard are shit?[/quote'] loool probably Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, Carragher, Kuyt are poor players just because they lost this match...when they won in Old Trafford they were the best players in the world..now they are scum! Big Lol... I think Ronaldo, Scholes, Evra, Carrick, Rooney also suck just because they couldn´t win to Porto. BTW...also agree that 3.85 for Porto is a very overrated price. Game will be though, definitely, but at those odds, im laying Man Utd BIIIG TIME...then Back them at a higher price.

WOW' date=' where the hell did you get such great odds on over 2,5??? Local in greece? Here in Germany we got 1,75 @ max :([/quote'] I think he means Barca themselves to score over 2.5 mate as opposed to just overs in the match!

No am just telling that people to really be carefull for the coming match in portugal they will be tempted to go on porto as it was today everything pointed to a liverpool victory but at the end it show a different story... ps sorry for u caveman really shit to lose like that :@
What makes you even remotely think that people will be all over Porto? I can easily say oh well Man Utd didn't win at home therefore @ 2.00 they are too tempting to miss out. The amateur punter will just blindly play Man Utd based on their name, so if you are telling people here to say becareful of wagering on Porto I will counter and say becareful of wagering on Utd because those odds suggest the bookies are not too confident on Utd coming out with a victory. Afterall, that is what they NEED a victory. 0-0, 1-1 does not suffice.

What makes you even remotely think that people will be all over Porto? I can easily say oh well Man Utd didn't win at home therefore @ 2.00 they are too tempting to miss out. The amateur punter will just blindly play Man Utd based on their name, so if you are telling people here to say becareful of wagering on Porto I will counter and say becareful of wagering on Utd because those odds suggest the bookies are not too confident on Utd coming out with a victory. Afterall, that is what they NEED a victory. 0-0, 1-1 does not suffice.
I totally agree mate, nothing indicates ManU comeback atm, but I will await to back Porto to advance after watching ManU's match against Sunderland, to see how they react after this desaster match :unsure

WOW' date=' where the hell did you get such great odds on over 2,5??? Local in greece? Here in Germany we got 1,75 @ max :([/quote'] Bah, im betting in some new place, was thinking that the odds there are good (2.1 @ barca). But 2.5 is lal :D

Well, but it is also true, that non eng team won in porto stadium :) I think we can expect great match!

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April As TQD said, i was talking about a bet at sportingbet: barca themselves to score over 2,5 @ 2,4, not over 2,5 for the match. If the case was that, be sure that i would have bet all my belongings!lol And a question caveman. After Tevez scored at 85th minute, i suppose that the odds at betfair would have been something like 1,10-1,15. Weren't you able to lay your bet, i.e 1,000 Eur, so to win less 100-150 Euro if united won but at least secure your bet? I don't know the case cause i was not watching the odds, but i suppose that if you acted fast as the equaliser came at the 89th minute you could have achieved this. Of course i don't know your style/tactic etc towards betting, just wondering. Hope weekend is better for all of us

Bayern bosses anounced press conference for today and Ulli Hoeneß anounced "there will be surprises" . Hopefully Klinsmann gets axed :clap
At the moment they are flying back to Bayern, I thougth Klinsmann could do what he says and that it is just a matter of time. But this is just bullshit.. compare Bayern last season to this season.. :puke

...Liverpool look good when they score early and they went to sleep...
No, blackcrow. They didn't go to sleep - Chelsea put them to bed. :tongue2
...then allowing some nobody to score two header from a corner...
I guess you also thought Vidić was nobody when he scored his first goal for Man Utd two (or was it three years ago) :lol Ivanović was the largest transfer in Russian football history and the only reason he was warming up Chelsea's bench that long was Scolari. Really good footballer and beside Vidić one of the main reasons Serbian national team is leading their WC 2010 Qualifying group.

No, blackcrow. They didn't go to sleep - Chelsea put them to bed. :tongue2
i agree with you mate. the freaking day before the chelsea match Rafa is there talking about f**king fergie and man united. "Sir Alex wants Liverpool to beat chelsea" "United are scared" who gives a flying f**k what Fergie wants when we have chelsea the next day. focus on your friggin game man ! As you can tell, im gutted by the result. We're out now. Absolutely no way we can beat chelsea by 3 goals at stamford bridge with Gerrard plodding about on 1 leg.