** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL - Tuesday 10th of March

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March 'stepping over the line' I guess can be viewed very differently depending who you are Personally I thought you were over it a little in that comment about TM, but not by much. For sure I have seen much worse, and I doubt Mike took too much offence. He may give out some stick to people, but he can deffo 'take it' himself as well ;) Anyway we all have our faults mate, thats life. Just take a look in the PL Old Firm thread in sports banter! haha and you will realise all of this is absolutely nothing compared to that. You might wonder why I have got involved in this thread at all. Well the answer is simple. I will always look to protect and give my backing to whom I believe to be quality tipsters and contributors on PL. These sort of people I have plenty of respect for.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March

...and give my backing to whom I believe to be quality tipsters and contributors on PL. These sort of people I have plenty of respect for.
This is going too far, might start a separate thread now :loon, it reminds of a mind game, where everyone has to watch every particular word he says;). On the other hand topics like this one are the key to make a forum interesting. I consider myself an average and often reckless tipster, but I wasn't on focus last night. It was Blackcrow I was on about. He has all my respect for being short, accurate with reasoning and modest enough, and on top of that is a very good tipster with value bets. Furthermore, he wasn't hiding when he got ''under fire'' from Toronto Mike, and he backfired well. So well, that TM a day later has no guts to come out and explain his post. I didn't like much the ''sandy va*ina'' stuff, but that '' I am not the first bloke to feel your wrath'' was so good and true... As of Toronto Mike I must agree again, hardly anyone puts that much effort in Italy, even when he is wrong, his reasoning is profound and helpful. But no respect for anyone like him is coming my way. A guy who calls 5 or more winners 2 weeks ago a ''bunch of losers'', a guy who instead of applauding 3/3 great picks is reminding of losing bets? No thanks! In any case I enjoyed all this as I finally said it all. I am also looking at job applications in the middle of the night, and yet again PL gives me the good break! Regards, Nick :ok

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March "Unless you've already realized how bad your post was ( and I doubt it ), then here are my suggestions to you : -- go see a doctor, and a bloody good one; -- get yourself a girlfriend, or if you have one, drop her and find a new one; -- young as you are, maybe a baby in your life will change that negative thing in you; -- try playing Star Defender 3 or 4, like kids around me do, relaxing; -- try all 4 above together, as you are one big Negative, one big Minus. In future I will avoid all your posts, and I strongly advice everyone here to do so, otherwise each of us is facing getting one of your sick remarks whether winning or losing." Hmm if you are seeking answers I shall give: I'm pretty healthy so I don't need a doctor thank you very much I don't need a girlfriend, I have many lovers, I'm still young so I like to be adventurous :-) What the hell is Star Defender 3 or 4? Hmmm I'm trying to understand what you are saying but it's becoming rather jibberish. Hey I could careless about your posts, but for you to suggest to others to avoid my post, that's a bit harsh don't you think? So let me see here, I create a legit post, with detailed write ups, analysis, prediction compared to some other posters. Let me think this one if I was a newbie to this forum who would I go to? Read the guy who just randomly posts picks with no explanation or the guy who puts an effort and carefully makes his plays. - how difficult is to go to Sports Punter to check odds on a pick you fancy? Hmm to be honest why should I go there, it's a competition so people could just randomly post plays there. Again if you're a newbie to the forum, how would they know about it. - what's a round in Italy in the past got to do with CL in view of picks? It's not about the past round it's about legitimacy. If you want to be a respected poster you got to take the good with the bad. Admit defeat rather than hide from it. You have to take the pain and glory with strides, it's so easy to just go nuts on a victory but the fact of the matter is consistency is the key. I admit when I'm wrong and I apologize to people when I offered a bad tip, but I don't go around pounding my chest when I hit something, I move on. No need to show boat. Another thing bud perhaps you should mind your own business in the first place. I made a comment about blackcrow, not you so why are you being so naive about it? ...And I don't think you have to defend yourself no matter what. With over 2,500 posts in less than 2,5 years, plus an Award, you deserve enough respect here, the effort you put in is massive, even if you are on a losing streak. Respect!? Haha ok so because he has over 2,500 in less than 2.5 years it's something to be proud off? Give me a break buddy. I've been here long enough, I have lurked but I chime in when I feel there is something legit to say, I dont just go on posting random plays. I don't always make plays every week, I don't need to, if I see something good I will share.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March and to add to the fact that blackcrows been here with over 2,500 posts in under 2.5 years, you also mentioned why I don't point out other posters with less posts who just make single sentence answers? Well quite simple, blackcrow has been here long enough to know the drill. Put reasoning, and no not just statistics, perhaps put an effort to knowing the team and the line ups. That helps a lot more than stats that lurkers would find themselves.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March @ Toronto Mike --What I got from your post is that Blackcrow is still guilty for delivering in 2 CL rounds 10 WINNING PICKS OUT OF 15 GAMES, all with odds evens and above, only because he didn't post his odds and bookie. Right! --I also got that no one has the right to cheer, if a winner after the games. Right! --And I also got that if someone wins today, it is well worth reminding him that he lost few days ago, sort of ''get back to Earth'' thing. Right! --From your posts on Feb 24th I also got that if your pick is wrong, everybody else who won is a loser. Right! See, all you are getting is ''Right'', no matter what you say/post from now on we all have to agree, as you are always right! It was good to see you answering though, worth reading some other posts, starting with Blackcrow's answer to you, as well as all the posts congratulating him. I mean if you let us say ''Well done'', why can't you accept that some might say ''Mike, you are wrong going at Blackcrow like that''. Maybe because you are never wrong? Right! Or maybe you can't take well other peoples' success? Right! Or maybe because the word ''sorry'' doesn't exist in your vocabulary? Please do not remind me about my urge to people to ignore your posts - if you check above, I already said I am sorry, and I sincerely apologized for it, twice! The only good thing about the Blackcrow story is that 1) he might start posting his odds and bookie, but above all 2) next time you think of posting something intolerate or sarcastic you might remember yesterday and change your mind. Hopefully that is...and if my angry posts contributed to that possible change, I would be a happy person. Like I said, things always get straight in live, whichever way you understand it. As far as I am concerned, the whole matter is over, would be interesting to read an answer to this one, just curious how you would squeeze out of it again, because by all moral standards your post to Blackcrow was wrong ( outside the odds thing )... Maybe another ''hahaha'', you love this one don't you?

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Squeeze out of it again? Mate I think you've lost the plot here, seems like you have some Anger management problems here, you have gone absolutely BOLD crazy. I'm not always right, I want a discussion if I feel I can make a discussion out of it then I will. You clearly haven't learnt your lesson from our prior discussions in Serie A. Don't just point out some useless crap, have a go at reasoning. When I stated Atalanta would beat Roma and you disagreed, I made a fact known that there were plenty of absentees and your response.....LS will do something special how is that even legit? Again I think you've lost it buddy, I have moral standards and unfortunately one of them is all about being legit rather than being a fake. If you can't handle someone being real then perhaps you should look at the world we live in.

Squeeze out of it again? Mate I think you've lost the plot here, seems like you have some Anger management problems here, you have gone absolutely BOLD crazy. I'm not always right, I want a discussion if I feel I can make a discussion out of it then I will. You clearly haven't learnt your lesson from our prior discussions in Serie A. Don't just point out some useless crap, have a go at reasoning. When I stated Atalanta would beat Roma and you disagreed, I made a fact known that there were plenty of absentees and your response.....LS will do something special how is that even legit? Again I think you've lost it buddy, I have moral standards and unfortunately one of them is all about being legit rather than being a fake. If you can't handle someone being real then perhaps you should look at the world we live in.
@ Toronto Mike Having you on the list of your mates puts me in the category of people who are envious, intollerate, malicious and spiteful. No thanks! Please do not mate me, I am truly happy person, and as far as I remember no one here called me '' a sandy vag*na'', no one here said to me '' Nick, live and let others live''. It should start ringing a bell with you that after all the Anger Mangement would be a good idea for you too. My anger was only directed at you, no one else got posts like this from me. Why? Look above! You gripped the odds-subject in the case of Blackcrow only because you have no good excuse for an outrageous and insulting post. It is not the odds with his picks that upset you, it is the guy winning and after that cheering. This is sad and has no excuse for me. Why I got involved? Because I got sick of your sarcastic and patronizing remarks to everyone - please check also CL thread 16 days ago. Did I hold any grudge with you from before? No! You are kind enough to remind me of Atalanta, well then, just for the argument I need to remind of Genoa - if your memory is short about my picks, let me remind you - Over and Draw, both won, 3-3, but of course the sulking Guru Mike called the game ''fishy''. You are easy to manipulate, after Blackcrow's first reply and a couple of posts from me it took you a day to answer. Maybe you were busy elsewhere, or maybe the answers were hard to find. Fortunately I am Aries, so I kept pressing the buttons here, until you surfaced. And you did in ''style'' - simply grabbed the odds-thing instead of either replying to all questions or apologize to a fellow member for being envious. I never expected anything else from you, happy that you replied again as you are already embarrassing yourself. Why? -- Blackcrow picked very well, but yet again you found something wrong with a winning pick :loon:loon:loon; -- Blackcrow cheers with his wins, but NO, our Guru says he can't be too happy as recently he lost in Italy :loon:loon:loon -- other people congratulate the guy with his picks, but NO, you have to teach him a lesson, because you are legit and follow all rules in PL :loon:loon:loon -- ABOVE ALL THINGS LIKE THAT HAPPENED with you before. Meatman is firmly standing on your side as he defends a good tipster. So far so good. But he also said you are somehow confrontational. Couldn't agree more! The difference between you and me is that I am only confronting your ridiculous post to Blackcrow, while you seem to confront everyone here who wins and celebrates. Now who needs Anger MANAGEMENT MORE? By the way Star Defender is a computer game, where a space ship from Earth is kicking the shit out of some alien bugs, plenty of fire and killing there and the kids around me love it. Try Version 4, kill all the bastards there, and then someone from your massive blacklist of PL members, somehow might get a nice post from you. That in case he doesn't celebrate his wins too loud of course :loon, if too much cheering, then the wrath of the Guru will be upon the winner big time!! Moral standards include the word ''sorry'', like I said you must have missed the lesson when it was discussed. In first grade that must be... I can go on forever, point is that you miss the main points in all posts above, and not just mine. I am sure you do that on purpose, but again - you are easy to manipulate, and you further embarrass yourself.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Hey hey guys. I did follow this already, didn't want to take part in this somehow legit discussion. Let me point out a few things. First of all, I like both your work and I can understand both your points as an observer. I had an argument with Mike aswell, and the end of the day we saw it was just a missunderstanding and he (and me aswell) were never resentful on each other. I still followed his great work, and so he probably followed my writeups and if anyone had success a congratz was always there. Now what I think Mike does want to say is, that good punters should stick to a few "unwritten" rules. I remember back when I did not post in here yet and only followed McFly, allthough there are many many good tipster out in here. The reason why? Well I had a thougth on it after reading your discussion and I came to the conclusion that it was the way McFly posted. People who are observing this great forum need to be a bit attracted by the good tipsters, otherwise they wont differ in their posting from the others. To come back to the McFly example, at first glance always his post were eye-catching, you had all the information needed to consider the pick as acceptable or not (odds+confidence, while confidence is not a must since there are people always stacking same amount on all picks, which is okay). From what I recognized, blackcrow tended to write down a few picks, one or two lines of explanations and that was it. Of course you can do it like this, no one forbids this, but then it can or probably is annoying for those who add some more work into their writeups when f.e. blackcrow is highlighting his awesome 3 winners. Dont know, all in all it is quite difficult to discuss about such things since they are not binding to all members, but people should be a bit more careful. Easy to highlight good picks and dont comment on losers, one the one hand you get congratulation - on the other hand you (and people) ignore it. What I of course can understand in Nicko's point is the way Mike tends to address certain aspects, but if you that he does that always this way why just dont accept/ignore it? ;) PS: :spank@both, in this time you could have created awesome writeups for the weekend :lol

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March @ zico The point with odds missing by Blackcrow's picks was agreed and I hope in a satisfactory way by everyone involved here. The point with telling Blackcrow to slow down on celebrating his winning picks, and the reminder of some losing ones in the past is the upsetting thing here. The point that similar remarks were made by Mike before in CL and other thread is also annoying, and his style is outrageous. Suppose you pick 10/10 winners this week in Germany and you post your satisfaction in a joyful post after the games? What will you think if I post back to you '' Zico, don't shout it out loud, mate, last week you were a complete loser''. How such spiteful post from me would fit in the spirit of this forum? What would you think of me? That, and only that is my point! If Mike has only posted similar thing once, yes, you are right, I simply switch on my ''ignore'' button. But when it happens often, well, I won't be what I am as person if I don't raise my voice. No need to mention McFly, him, AK1979, Meatman, Blackcrow, Crouch Potato and few others always post things worth reading. But check it out - tollerance is always there! BOL tonight Zico, always good to talk to you.

PS: :spank@both, in this time you could have created awesome writeups for the weekend :lol
:rollin Not me, I am on my worst losing streak, over 2 weeks now, ashamed to some extent to post in the threads, as I might mislead someone. Will rather concentrate on the Midweek bets - no reasoning needed and it is a happy place with guys like Booksie, Twente and Prasun :lol

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March To be honest, if I hit a 10/10 and people congratz me I would not bother with any negative comments, but you know the difference, if I said its gonna be a 10/10 more people would follow me or atleast more people would have a look at it. I hope you know what I mean, not a big topic in itself, but can be annoying for a few people long-term :ok

To be honest, if I hit a 10/10 and people congratz me I would not bother with any negative comments, but you know the difference, if I said its gonna be a 10/10 more people would follow me or atleast more people would have a look at it. I hope you know what I mean, not a big topic in itself, but can be annoying for a few people long-term :ok
How do you manage to post here and in UEFA at the same time? Do you have an assistant working for you now? :lol

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Right ok, so far in this interaction I have been a bit careful of what I’ve said, but now I’m just gonna cut straight to it and tell a few home truths. Lets go back to Toronto Mikes original post in this thread which started this all of. Of course part of it was to highlight the odds thing, but there were other aspects to it as well. I think its clear that Mike was annoyed and frustrated at seeing Blackcrow celebrate his winners. As for the reason for this? well I think Zico is absolutely spot on in his post

To come back to the McFly example, at first glance always his post were eye-catching, you had all the information needed to consider the pick as acceptable or not (odds+confidence, while confidence is not a must since there are people always stacking same amount on all picks, which is okay). From what I recognized, blackcrow tended to write down a few picks, one or two lines of explanations and that was it. Of course you can do it like this, no one forbids this, but then it can or probably is annoying for those who add some more work into their writeups when f.e. blackcrow is highlighting his awesome 3 winners. Dont know, all in all it is quite difficult to discuss about such things since they are not binding to all members, but people should be a bit more careful. Easy to highlight good picks and dont comment on losers, one the one hand you get congratulation - on the other hand you (and people) ignore it.
Over the years, one thing I’ve hated to see is what I call ‘mug punters’ write one line bets with little or no reasoning. Of course there are specific threads where you can do this, but I’m talking about those who mess up decent threads with good info. In addition to this, I’m also not a fan of guys who ‘think they are good’ and ‘know things’ about certain leagues, when clearly they haven’t got much of a clue. Often they post up short reasonings that contain stuff that is really not relevant, or just pointless info compared to what the real quality guys produce. In addition to this, without posting odds or stakes, it can sometimes get very annoying. Even more so when these sort of guys celebrate wildly when they win, but when they lose they never say anything. There are many people who post on PL who fall into this ’group’ that I just described. I just don’t rate them at all, but I keep my mouth shut about them. Sorry to be blunt here, but personally I cant take Blackcrow seriously as a punter compared to some others. As far as I’m concerned he does generally fall into this category as well. So I can really sympathise with Toronto Mike’s post regarding Blackcrow. Personally, I often keep frustrations locked up inside, but for some people this is impossible. So Mike has every right to say what he said IMO, I don’t have a problem with him venting his annoyance in that way.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March @ Meatman I personally think that Blackcrow tips well and aggressive. He always has reasoning, 4 or 5 lines could well be the essence of a good previous work and research. His only ''sin'' is having no odds and bookies by his pick, a copy/paste from the linked Sports Punter could have solved this problem for those who only stick to PL. I do check his picks there if I think the tip looks good. Others don't, but far more people who tip a lot worse also do not post odds. On the contrary, people like me who are recently total losers with no more than 1/5 good picks always post odds... I will put myself in the situation of being a third person for the argument. Suppose in a thread I see 4 picks by a guy who hit 10/15 recently in CL, with no odds and bookies next to the pick, and only 4-5 lines of reasoning, and his picks are all value. Then right after this I see a mile-long reasoning with 4 picks from Nicko, all with odds, bookies, line-ups, additional info, gossips, etc, yet Nicko had 2/13 good picks recently, with the winners at odds way lower than Blackcrow's. Being a non-biased reader that mile long reading would be interesting and no doubt useful. Yet being a punter which one would I follow, regardless of odds, bookmakers - only based on current strike rate? I think the answer is obvious...A recent thread was saying hundreds of punters from PL subscribed to ffalen's picks - there must be more than one reason for that - strike rate above all though! And what a surprise - the top winning guy never bothers to post here, his reasoning is short, and odds and bookies are only found in Sports Punter. Ergo most people go after the winning tipster instead of after the long-reasoning tipster. I have also experienced the frustration of going ''really deep'' into a certain game, and post here everything I gathered as info, just to end up on the losing side. Maybe not as often as Toronto Mike, but the feeling is terrible. This is the reason I didn't get involved previously, when he had this little ''fight'' with other punters over the Inter - Man U game ( CL Feb 24th ). It didn't make sense to me how he lost half of his stake when his tip was Inter - 0,25 AH, still I have to admit in few posts he covered every aspect of the game, and every punter reading it had further help with his reasoning. What followed next was bad, yet I kept my mouth shut, as I knew how he felt. Another punter I have to give full credit to is Charlie Wong. He has odds by the picks, sometimes he might have the bookies there as well, but his reasoning is often even shorter than Blackcrow's. Yet he is so often on the winning side that recently with my bad record I just follow the guy, and from some posts I gather I am not the only one. Now, let's face it - do you think anyone would have a good striking rate if no reseach is done before the game? I don't. Compact, short reasonings often do a better job - 1) people might not have the time to read the long ones and 2) people might not have the time to write long ones. If their picks are winners does that make them bad punters or bad PL members? Toronto Mike will be further venting his frustrations with similar posts, I am sure. Will that make him a more respectful member here is yet to be seen. Who exactly is he going to gain respect from is one big question though - why bother putting all the effort in the Inter - Man U game to all of us to read, and then calling those who picked different a ''bunch of losers''? I mean he didn't write all that to impress us, he did it for clear purpose ( I hope ) - to help by delivering opinion and info to all of us, and hopefully get some response. If that was the case, what respect are we on about after the game and after his posts on Feb 24th? In his words ''hahaha, wow what a bunch of hosers, yet to see one classy post other than Meatman's...'' Are the rest of the punters who read or responded to his posts to be classified as useless in his eyes, are the rest of the punters visiting this thread there just to read obediently what he posts? Respect sounds distant now... Venting frustrations is a good thing, but modern world gives more opportunities doing that without being intolerant. I also liked part of ZICO's post, but it is in the very end. I simply can't accept the fact that TM wrote that nasty post to Blackcrow - he has no idea who the guy is in real life, his health, work, education, family, whatever. Hiding in the web behind a nickname is easy, gaining the respect of strangers is the hard work, and it doesn't happen through venting frustrations at fellow punters. Unless TM is not bothered about the respect at all. But then again why bother writting to us in posts here, if we are so plain and common...

@ McFly I see you are reading this, bad idea to have other people involved, but your opinion would make a lot of difference here. Maybe Anger Management for me isn't a bad idea after all...
Hey Nicko. Yeh Ive read the thread thorougly and haven't much time left for tonight now. I'll get back to this obviously sensitive topic tomorrow. I need no talk to others but some more time on my hand to give a justifying answer. I can say in short I dislike rude manners in order to recommand sth. Most can be said politely but I guess it's again individual judgement of what offending posts are. Most important however seems to me to praise punters like brackcrow, I mean they don't have to do this.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March I'm trying to fix a little what Ive read and give my few cents. It seems the discussion has drifted into the direction of how a proper post should look like. Nicko, as I understood you though, your main concern is the way how TM complained on Blackcrow's posting. I agree that this can be said also in a modest way, especially speaking to a well-proven tipster like Blackcrow is one. I also think to put up a relation to former losers is inappropriate but on the other hand, TM hasn't insulted Blackcrow really, I mean in a bad way. We can argue upon the way but maybe we have to consider that TM was being annoyed and such a case maybe just should be forgiven. I know you two already had some issues, I'm only talking about this thread's issue of course. The other thing with the right posting is easier to be talked of. Generally, I don't put much weight on if there's always odds or bookies given being more interested in the reasoning. Though I don't deny that those are useful. But again that's a matter of taste and you can't force people to put them down. For me, length of the posts count at second glance only. As long as there is information in a short reasoning, I agree with it and a short reasoning however it looks like is better than no one at all. I regulary have reasonings of a few sentences only, so those surely are no brilliant and comprehensive previews and I can't demand more detailed one at any point of time - not that anyone would listen to me anyway! However, it would be easy to set a posting format but who would follow the standard and do we want those one type write ups at all?

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March @ McFly The thing with odds by the picks is something I agreed with, all my posts do have such, and I also urged Blackcrow to do so. The patronizing attitude and the intolerant posts are my issue. Hope you will have time and double-check the whole story both here and in CL from Feb 24th. My last comments do not have any harsh words, pure logic for which he only has some elusive answers, and he keeps bringing the odds-thing, which I agree with ( !?). People like TM need to realize we also ''want a place under the sun'' , lucky for us he is not the Sun himself, otherwise it would have been an all-negative world. Thanks for answering.

Still having the hope the thread will close in sth like peace.... Just a few relaxed phrases would be necessary :ok
Agree, for a start I said I am sorry for some garbage I posted earlier, I am embarrassed with it. Yet it is hard to expect Toronto Mike swallowing his words about Blackcrow, will light a candle in church tomorrow if he does so, even if we still remain a ''bunch of losers''...

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March You keep going on and on about TM's post on the 24th Feb He was hardly very offensive in that either IMO, calling people a bunch of hosers is more tongue in cheek. Anyway the problem with that thread was that he wound up Man Utd fans about their midfield being 'wank' and stuff. Tha thread became more about fans than tips, and a lot of the conversation was more about 'sports banter' than betting. Some of those guys were as bad as each other, the simple face was that a lot of the Man Utd guys on here got annoyed and basically just boasted about their result. Then they also wound TM up, it was all like a merry go round, but hardly a big issue. If you actually look at Mike's posts there, he did congratulate those who backed Man Utd (who that night for sure deserved their wins)

If you actually look at Mike's posts there, he did congratulate those who backed Man Utd (who that night for sure deserved their wins)
I know he did congratulate people, and then the sudden outburst ''killed'' it all. He also almost congratulated Blackcrow, telling him how bad he was in Italy last weekend...This is the big difference, no wonder I asked you twice would you post a comment like that in your thread. From what I got you said you do not like this kind of tipping, but being tolerate you wouldn't post such reply. Meatman, be honest - with the thousands of picks you have here, and the manner with which you run France 1 and 2, could you ever imagine anyone calling you a ''sandy v****a'' ( apart from the fact you can ban someone like that ). I doubt it seriously, and it is not just those who read your picks, it is the tolerate manner you run the thread - even when your tipping is bad for different reasons, almost everyone there is sympathetic and well-mannered, I have never seen any ''vaginas'' there. I had congratulations on a couple of Overs from you, even though my posts were not that long. Is it hard to say ''well done'' to someone, without adding a nasty comment to spoil it all? Just another bell ringing, my last long post says it all much better. Regards

Of course people have criticized me in the past, sometimes offensive things have been said. That’s the part and parcel of the business. When you become so high profile in such an area like I have become, then you learn to accept that when things go badly, then quite a lot of people are affected. Over the years I have have become well known with a big reputation, I like to think I deserve respect, although I am not foolish enough to think I am immune to criticism or suggestions. If anyone called me anything really offensive then I'd send them back a similar comment. You talk about banning briefly, but actually it's rare I do this unless someone has mega pissed me off and they have less than 10 posts. I rarely make rash decisions, and I’m very anti banning, unlike some mods. As for praise. Yeh if I see winners in a French thread and I feel that it deserves some, then I'll give it, as I have done with you in the past. Of course praise isn't hard to give, but like I said, only if you feel the person deserves it. You seem to be half suggesting, that all winners have a right to be given the 'well done' treatment, when IMO that simply isn't always the case.
Must admit you just made a very angry man laugh, as I am still outraged with Mike. Rather was...This is the first answer I got today that finally has good points in it. As soon as I saw another reply from you I was ready to write yet another A3 aggressive explanation towards TM, instead I can't stop grinning when reading your post - I am left with the choice to praise whoever I want, so is Mike I guess. The best thing is we also have the choice to criticize each other, along with the praising - I won't spare a word to anyone if I think it was not right, but above all I don't mind being criticized myself when I go wrong. I guess you want this case closed now, so do I. Well done Mr. Molotov! :lol Good luck in France today :ok P.S. Molotov in this case is not the name of a well-known war Cocktail, the guy was the Minister of Diplomacy during World War 2 in the Soviet Union, and no, we were not classmates....

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Yeh at the end of the day, everyone has their opinions, and right to say what they want at the end of the day Good chance to close this case now, we'll move on to the weekend action. Certainly an interesting thread with some things for everyone to consider. Thats my last piece on the matter, I suggest we end it now :ok

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March I'd like a final word on this as i have been away for the last couple of days due to work and now got back to see this is still going on. Firstly, i don't profress to being all knowledgeable with a 100% record. Nor do i put others down if they win especially if their pick wins and mine doesn't. I say good luck to them because they read this game better than i did. What i have an issue with is if i have a winning day and someone wishes to remind me that i had a losing day a few days ago. It smacks of insecurity, but hey, each to their own. I don't have all the time in the world to write up an essay like some people have as write ups for a game, as i family to devote my time to as well. But i do spend quite a bit of time of researching information so that i when i do post, it is as accurate as possible. These posts are generally a paragraph or two in length not a line or two, so meatman maybe you need to conside what you post, like TM, then otherwise you become elitist in your way of thinking, as there are probably only 4 or 5 people whose writeups are longer than a paragraph or two. If people are unhappy with my "sandy vag*ina" comment then you will have to forgive my aussie sense of humour. It refers to people who are irritable with aspects of their life and find a need to vent this on others (or thereabouts). We aussies will take the piss out of ourselves as well as everyone else. It seems i have made three mistakes in all this. They are: 1. I don't post odds or stake (and now it seems i'm a mug punter too with only one or two lines of reasoning). Well i have already explained before my point of view but have taken on board of posting odds (which i still think it's a waste of time since the odds are similar with any bookies anyway) and have started to post them. As for the units or stake etc, i haver stated my views already, if i'm not confident in posting them here, that is they are deemed a 10/10, then what is the point of posting, unless you have more dollars than sense (cents) and can throw your money around. 2. I failed to acknowledge my poor tipping in Serie A on the weekend. For those who do follow my tips elsewhere on this forum, they will know that i usually do, as i take the good with the bad, and i don't hide from my losses. So forgive me if i didn't do it this time 3. I celebrated my winners. Like the point above, you take the good with the above, and it was especially rewarding for me as the unders for the 3 games were all around the 1.50-1.60 mark and most mug punters without any research would have dived into these 3 favoured outcomes. I didn't because i believed they were sucker bets, and they ended up like that as the goals came in. Do i need to write up an essay what can be said in a paragraph or two. Sorry, but quality not quantity is always better, and as a reader, you would want to read the specifics not a long answer, because too often you forget what was initially said. But if it works for you, then good luck to you. If people have a gripe with someone, then a bit of courtesy via PM could have resolved some issues, unless people do have an axe to grind. Only with time, that gives you wisdom and experience, do people understand this

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Also wanted to add a note of thanks especially to nicko for displaying that wisdom and experience that comes with age. :cheers In time, each of us will see that we should be looking at the positives in one another then the negatives. While we are all prone to mistakes, it is through learning from these mistakes that we become better people. Now let's get down to the serious business of finding winners for everyone. :ok