** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL - Tuesday 10th of March

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Liverpool vs Real Madrid Real cannot be any worse than the first leg or can they?:unsure Ferguson claimed that Real were too slow and I have to agree with him. However, Liverpool are hardly firing on all cylinders at home and they still have their key players lacking true match fitness. Given a fully fit and in form Torres and Gerrard, you would expect the high tempo of the Pool to carry them through. Therefore, I am eding my bets slightly and going for an equal stake of Liverpool win and draw. (No Betfair facility to lay Real:\) Have a feeling about the draw here at 5/2 but with Liverpool at 13/10 - either way to make a little profit on the night - Good luck to all:hope Juve vs Chelsea Not sure about this one either. Close match but I am going again with the................... ..... draw and a side bet of Drogba and Lampard to score anytime

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March

I guess Bayern gonna win this again, as a motivation boost. Enough players who want to show their skills when they get their chance to play.
Looks good so far, Podolski scoring goals wow :lol (but they always need to concede one dont forget!)

Juventus - Chelsea over 2.5 :D Liverpool - Real Madrid over 2.5 :D Panathinaikos - Villareal over 2.5 :D :nana All the games go over and don't be suprised a bit of the same tomorrow
I F****G LOVE YOU MAN !!! :cow nice tips

Juventus - Chelsea over 2.5 :D Liverpool - Real Madrid over 2.5 :D Panathinaikos - Villareal over 2.5 :D :nana All the games go over and don't be suprised a bit of the same tomorrow
Nice hit on the overs but please don't be tooting your own horn, you weren't patting yourself on the back in Serie A, it's easy to just post random plays with no price, no units.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Any German club playing tomorrow? Nah joking, it was typical "German" (dont understand it wrong). Do your business and animate your fans. Especially very questionable how people can talk about Bayern resting players, not knowing they only have slight changes with slight loss of quality. In my local everyone went on Lisbon win or draw, you just cannot make people understand what the match is about. Only seeing one side of the coin "Bayern resting players", but the far worse aspect on the other side of the coin was that Sporting had no aim at all, away from home and with an important match at weekend. All in all liked that Bayern has got a Müller back (not Gerd Müller, but always strikers, young long guy like him) and he even scored. Nice picks around, congratulations to everyone who won and thanks for all inputs (some very nice information + picks). Keep it coming :ok

great job :ok sadly for me Bayern couldn't hold the clean sheet :sad

Like monty hall said, statistics do not count too much on these Cl games. Based on my intuition, i think that juve - chelsea is going to be a hard fought 0-0 draw, with juve trying hard to get the goal they need but in the end chelsea, whith their superior physical condition holding out. I also doubt that juve will approach this game whith an all attack mentality, simply becouse they know that a goal from chelsea and it will be game over Juve - Chelsea draw ht/ft @4.75 local gl
not quite 0-0, but a win is a win :cheers

Nice hit on the overs but please don't be tooting your own horn' date=' you weren't patting yourself on the back in Serie A, it's easy to just post random plays with no price, no units.[/quote'] Worth checking Sports Punter competition before such remark, he has prices, units and bookies there, I guess that makes the difference :unsure. Or maybe not? @ blackcrow Excellent picks, would have followed if I wasn't late in tonight :clap. Give yourself the moment of self-indulgence, you deserve it....

Worth checking Sports Punter competition before such remark, he has prices, units and bookies there, I guess that makes the difference :unsure. Or maybe not? @ blackcrow Excellent picks, would have followed if I wasn't late in tonight :clap. Give yourself the moment of self-indulgence, you deserve it....
Worth checking Sports Punter? Show me the link that gives any units or prices. If it ain't on PL then whats the point.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Gee TM, it sounds like you've got a case of a sandy va*ina. Sure my Serie A picks were off on the weekend, but i guess i'm not the first bloke to feel your wrath when things don't go your way. My picks are not random, and are based on stats, internet websites, and other sources of information. If i'm not prepared to do my reserach then there is no point in playing these games, as i might as well have flicked a coin. Also, except for on the weekend, i always review my picks whether i have done well or not. With regard to the random picks comment, with odds of 1.50-1.60 then surely the thing would have been to back the unders in those games. A little bit of knowledge and research gives you a better clue as where these games may be headed. Might be an opportunity to go into the US section to see how random my picks are there It seems i have to defend myself once again. Some people here forget about the purpose of places like this, is to make money for all of us. What i post, i play, and if the pick loses, then i lose. Everybody else has the opportunity to go with or against the way i see it. FYI, sportspunter http://www.sports-punter.com/ and punterslounge are linked, as they have a tippers competition, which also requests you put your tips on PL. 13/19 picks in the CL is not bad going, eh? I wish it was like that in every league i play, so I'll try to be more consistent elsewhere. Maybe need to put in some 1.30 or 1.40 winners to boost my percentage wins. Do this a favour: if you want to bad mouth people, go to places like Covers, where i am sure you will fit right in. Hopefully, i'll figure out tomorrow night's games too :ok

FYI, sportspunter http://www.sports-punter.com/ and punterslounge are linked, as they have a tippers competition, which also requests you put your tips on PL. 13/19 picks in the CL is not bad going, eh? I wish it was like that in every league i play, so I'll try to be more consistent elsewhere. Maybe need to put in some 1.30 or 1.40 winners to boost my percentage wins.
Firstly well done tonight in the CL to everyone who did well Just wondered here, when it says you have to post your tips on PL then do you also have to include odds and stake as well like you do on SP? Not having a go here Blackcrow, but I don't think I've ever seen you post these up on PL . To me, in a way I think that its pretty important to inform others of the odds mate, otherwise, just the sort of thing that comes naturally with most picks. I think thats what Torronto Mike was getting at mate, nothing more.

Firstly well done tonight in the CL to everyone who did well Just wondered here, when it says you have to post your tips on PL then do you also have to include odds and stake as well like you do on SP? Not having a go here Blackcrow, but I don't think I've ever seen you post these up on PL . To me, in a way I think that its pretty important to inform others of the odds mate, otherwise, just the sort of thing that comes naturally with most picks. I think thats what Torronto Mike was getting at mate, nothing more.
Well, i guess you are a bit more articulate than he is. However to clarify a point you made, i said that SP requests you to post on PL, not have to - there is a difference there. From my point of view, and this is where i'm stuck. People will come on here and post their plays. Others will come on here and read these picks and then make a decision, based on what they have read. Does the price you get or the units you play indicate whether a person should follow your picks or not. I thought the reason you give is the underlying factor that should accompany your pick, since not everyone will have the bookie that you use (and let's face it, most prices are pretty close togethera anyway) and not everyone has the bank to put as much on as others may. This is why i haven't put prices or units down, focusing on reasoning and then let others make their own decisions. How many times have tipsters been very confident about a play and then it doesn't come in? And putting more units on that play and end up losing? What i post is what i play, and if i don't expect it to win, then what's the point of playing that pick and putting it on here? If it will make things seasier for everyone, then like on SP, every pick i play is 10/10 and as for the price, i'll post that and where i get it from, but like i said, it is unimportant compared to the reasoning that supports your pick

Juventus - Chelsea over 2.5 Juventus know they have to score otherwise they are out and look to them to start well against Chelsea, who they know that an away goal will just about allow them to proceed to the next round. Look to Del Piero and Amauri to cause Chelsea plenty of problems while the Juve defence may have problems against a rejuvenated Drogba, who like the rest of the side, are looking more and more confident with Huddink at the helm. Juve will go for it which will leave them exposed to a counter attack and if Chelsea score then they have to score 3 to go from here, which looks likely as they have scored in their last 5 CL games Liverpool - Real Madrid over 2.5 Ramos admitted after ther first leg that they had played for a draw so that they don't concede an away goal which backfired on them so they have no choice but to go on the attack here. Liverpool have been a bit suspect at the back lately and if Arbeloa is out then look to Real to hit them down the flanks. But Real have also shown that they can be susceptible at the back and if their nemesis Torres plays, look to him to cause them plenty of problems. With the Kop in full roar then Liverpool will be up for the game and should be an open game given the way this match is poised. So look to both teams looking to score which should see several goals scored. Panathinaikos - Villareal over 2.5 With Panathinaikos having the important away goal, then they will look to press on from here, while Villareal will play a more open game to get back to their advantage. Panathinaikos have score in their last 5 CL games while Villareal have conceded 2 goals in their last 2 away games in the CL. Both teams will go out for the first goal as it gives that team the big opportunity to go on and win the game.
Kickass work yesterday, blackcrow! :clap:clap Keep it up!

I think thats what Torronto Mike was getting at mate, nothing more.
No Meatman, that is not what Toronto Mike was getting at. Maybe part of his post was, but why mentioning Blackcrow's bad picks in Serie A? Reminding someone here of bad choice and losing money some days ago, instead of congratulating him on winning on the same night is sick. Yes, I know it doesn't sound nice, but all you have to do is read his post again - the message is clear '' well done, but nah, not that well, and don't you pad your own shoulder, as you were a loser few days ago, so better shut up''. The Tipster Competition ( with odds and bookmakers ) is available for everyone, I often follow some picks there. You are right, Blackcrow never posts his odds/bookies, but unless people don't want to double-check these, a polite reminder to post odds would have been enough. A rancour, backbiting, malicious reminder of Serie A bad picks ( on a CL night ) is now something you would expect of Toronto Mike, it is coming to me as a highlight of all his somewhat sarcastic and patronizing attitude. The only time I guess he is sincerely happy for someone's wins is when Meatman is on a good night. Fine, but face it, many of us do congratulate you on a good night, as most of us follow your picks. I am enjoying my time in PL, a window on my PC is always opened to read posts here, no matter how busy I am it gives me the break I need, and often good reading. I've achieved too much in life to keep my mouth shut at an unfair post which doesn't belong here, just like I would have equally raised my voice at any wrongful action in my business. Would you remind someone of his bad picks he posted in your thread a week ago? I doubt it, I would rather expect from you a post with symphaty or nothing at all... Makes a hell of a difference! @ Toronto Mike Unless you've already realized how bad your post was ( and I doubt it ), then here are my suggestions to you : -- go see a doctor, and a bloody good one; -- get yourself a girlfriend, or if you have one, drop her and find a new one; -- young as you are, maybe a baby in your life will change that negative thing in you; -- try playing Star Defender 3 or 4, like kids around me do, relaxing; -- try all 4 above together, as you are one big Negative, one big Minus. In future I will avoid all your posts, and I strongly advice everyone here to do so, otherwise each of us is facing getting one of your sick remarks whether winning or losing.

Kickass work yesterday, blackcrow! :clap:clap Keep it up!
Careful with this one, Serbian Brother! With the good picks you recently deliver in Serie A, you might as well get on Toronto Mike's Blacklist! Watch it!:lol

It seems i have to defend myself once again...
...And I don't think you have to defend yourself no matter what. With over 2,500 posts in less than 2,5 years, plus an Award, you deserve enough respect here, the effort you put in is massive, even if you are on a losing streak. Which you wasn't last night! Do yourself a favour though, cheer up Mr. Hate, spare yourself from bad replies and add your odds by your picks. Like you said, it won't make a massive difference, but most people do. On top of mentioning Serie A, what pissed me off most with that post is that when someone with 2 picks a month here posts ''Barcelona will win, I am all-in'' with no reasoning, odds or bookies whatsoever, you don't expect someone like TM to even comment on it, but then we got a respected member with Full House last night, and here we go : '' Well done, but remember Serie A? With no odds in PL YOUR PICKS ARE NO GOOD''. Get the medics in! Looking forward to your picks tonight :ok

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Nicko, are you alright mate? Seriously it seems you’ve lost the plot here and gone off on a massive tangent! My point was to say that I agree that its best to post up odds with selections, something you yourself even just recommended then. But Blackcrow has explained his reasoning for not doing it, so that’s up to him. I’ve gotta say that I think some of your comments directed towards Torronto Mike are a bit out of order here and could be classed as pretty offensive. Having a bit of a spat with someone is nothing new on PL, it happens all the time, but I think you’ve gone over the line a bit.

In future I will avoid all your posts, and I strongly advice everyone here to do so, otherwise each of us is facing getting one of your sick remarks whether winning or losing.
For me, that comment is a punch below the belt. I can understand that relations between you haven’t exactly been very friendly in the last few months, but come on! For what its worth I would strongly advise everyone else to ignore that comment. Personally, I think its unfair on Torronto Mike and might give people a false impression by giving him a bad name.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March @ Meatman My relations with TM until yesterday were just as good as with most members here. There are a few members who I keep better relations with by PM, tipping each other on weird games in Eastern Europe. Furthermore, all my posts could be easily checked, hardly any insults and abusive language, I respect everybody's opinion, and I also admire good tipping. We had a bit of a ''fight'' with TM over a game in Genoa, I simply couldn't agree the game was ''fishy'' as he claimed. The fact that both my picks there were winners is irrelevant ( Draw and Over ), and I didn't wait on TM or anyone to congratulate me. The reason I reacted then was a post by TM, something like ''you must have been watching another game''. I was watching THAT game, and I was also entitled to an opinion, which was different from his. Nevertheless, if you check that thread as well, further below you will find plenty of words praising Toronto Mike's work in Italian thread, and I still rate his posts high. Further below that exchange of posts ended up peacefully, in my view it should have never started, as opinions are the idea of being here. It is a different case here though. You are saying I am losing it here. Maybe I am, but : - what opinion exactly has TM expressed with that post to blackcrow? - is blackcrow the only one who posts without odds? - how difficult is to go to Sports Punter to check odds on a pick you fancy? - does a winner on the night deserves such comment? - what's a round in Italy in the past got to do with CL in view of picks? - last but not least, and sorry I am asking the same question - would you post a comment like this one in your thread, regardless of anything. All I see there week after week is congratulations to winners and sympathy to those who lost. How does that great attitude of Meatman to fellow punters fit into a post where you are more or less taking Toronto Mike's side, after his post to Blackcrow? Makes no sense... Another helpful thing for a fair judgement here would be checking Toronto Mike's posts 2 weeks ago in CL. I never posted then, but in the words of Caveman ( I think ) - '' TM - LIVE AND LET OTHERS LIVE'' - his reactions after Inter didn't win vs Man U certainly upset people, CALLING EVERYONE A BUNCH OF '' hosers" ( ? ). Or maybe it is just me.... I don't think I am being too harsh, and I stand by every word I said above. Regards

For what its worth I would strongly advise everyone else to ignore that comment. Personally, I think its unfair on Torronto Mike and might give people a false impression by giving him a bad name.
On a second thought you are right about this one, and I apologize for it. Everyone follows/reads whatever he/she wants and it is none of my business, neither it fits with a forum. On top of that it doesn't make much sense after saying TM tips well in Italy. I take these words back, and I am sorry. It is another thing what my opinion about this guy is, it is another thing his post last night was outrageous...I am in no position to be a Nemesis, neither I want to be, yet sooner or later things get straight in life.

You are saying I am losing it here. Maybe I am, but :
- what opinion exactly has TM expressed with that post to blackcrow?
- is blackcrow the only one who posts without odds?
You know what its like. Of course he's not the only one. But I think maybe some people get frustrated (and I can sympathise with this) when guys celebrate winners without a full explanation, reasoning, odds and stake. As was the case last night with Blackcrow's picks. I think Mike was just trying to highlight this point, and mentioned the Serie A stuff as another example of this, but in a different way.
- last but not least, and sorry I am asking the same question - would you post a comment like this one in your thread, regardless of anything. All I see there week after week is congratulations to winners and sympathy to those who lost. How does that great attitude of Meatman to fellow punters fit into a post where you are more or less taking Toronto Mike's side, after his post to Blackcrow? Makes no sense...
If I'm unhappy with someone, then I will speak my own mind for sure, I couldn't give you a direct example right now, but for sure I would've posted something similar in the past. But generally my style isn't confrontational so it's unlikely you'd see it, but thats just the way I am.
On a second thought you are right about this one, and I apologize for it. Everyone follows/reads whatever he/she wants and it is none of my business, neither it fits with a forum. On top of that it doesn't make much sense after saying TM tips well in Italy. I take these words back, and I am sorry. It is another thing what my opinion about this guy is, it is another thing his post last night was outrageous...I am in no position to be a Nemesis, neither I want to be, yet sooner or later things get straight in life.
I'm glad you realised this, sometimes things are said in the heat of the moment and can be retracted. Some people are always more sensitive than others, some people are harder. Mike is a very good and respected poster, but like many others around, sometimes his style is quite confrontational. This is not a fault or a bad thing, it's just the way he is. At the end of the day, IMO he's not malicious or anything. Arguaments, spats, disagreements, and sometimes minor insults will always be seen on forums. The key as far as I'm concerned is not 'stepping over the line'

....my style isn't confrontational so it's unlikely you'd see it' date=' but thats just the way I am.[/quote'] --I know, as I followed the forum long before I joined. No wonder this was my stronger point, that is why I was punching on this question twice! -- TBH I realized that as soon as I posted it, but I only regret urging other people to ignore TM. I have no right to do so, but as far as my personal opinion is concerned, it is all above and I won't change a thing there. -- Now that was diplomatic:) In that case what makes me different from Toronto Mike, in terms of comments regarding previous posts? As far as I remember, this is the only truly critical and harsh comment I posted here. The chances of a confrontational guy stepping over the line are bigger, aren't they? So does this Tuesday post prove, so do the posts from 2 weeks ago in CL. I appreciate you are spending time answering this. And I also openly said I am sorry for the anti-Mike call earlier. Saying sorry is good enough and it does miracles, wish Mike wakes up with a PM to Blackcrow with the same thing one day. I doubt it though, it is beyond some people...After all they got the excuse of being somehow confrontational. Regards