** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL - Tuesday 10th of March

Tuesday 10 March 2009Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Bayern München v Sporting (19:45GMT) 1.613.956.50102.81 %
Hide « Bayern München v Sporting
Juventus v Chelsea (19:45GMT) 2.523.203.30101.24 %
Hide « Juventus v Chelsea
Liverpool v Real Madrid (19:45GMT) 2.313.353.55101.31 %
Hide « Liverpool v Real Madrid
Panathinaikos v Villarreal (19:45GMT) 2.783.302.80101.99 %

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Keep in mind that Sporting will be missing important players too. Romagnoli, Postiga, Rochemback are out through injury, whilst coach Paulo Bento chose to rest Liedson for the upcoming domestic matches. 2 junior players have been called in for the Munich trip. I would stay out of the match tbh, though I wouldn't be surprised to see Bayern winning again. Portuguese sides have an awful record against German opposition (national side included) and I'm not sure if Sporting are more interested in this match than Bayern.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March personally , i think about the 2 spanish sides , now i know liverpool always raise there game in the champions league , but real will not go down without a fight plus liverpool have been a bit iffy at home this season soo it wouldnt surprise me if real get a result there , also villereal are a tad short priced , they are a good side but panthanikos will not make that easy for them but villereal sure have to much for these .

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March I think Panathanaikos will take Villareal. Panathanaikos looked good in the last game and at home in front of their fans they'll do everything to beat a Villareal that hasn't been looking good for the last month or so. Especially their defence has been shaky. I think that Sporting will go to Munchen unmotivated and that Munchen will do their best at home for the fans. I think the odds on a Chelsea win away against juve looks really good, the only reason I'll play them. But it can probably go either way, although I see Chelsea as the better team. In Liverpool it's hard to say. The last game in Madrid could've gone either way really. To me Liverpool were lucky, nothing else. I think that Real is the better team, and I think that if not a win, they'll get a tie. 1-1 maybe? A combo of these four (the x2 in liv/real) gives 25 times the money on betfair, I'm betting on that.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March

personally ' date=' i think about the 2 spanish sides , now i know liverpool always raise there game in the champions league , but real will not go down without a fight plus liverpool have been a bit iffy at home this season soo it wouldnt surprise me if real get a result there , also villereal are a tad short priced , they are a good side but panthanikos will not make that easy for them but villereal sure have to much for these .[/quote'] Iffy at home to bottom teams that come not to play "Football"... undefeated againts all top teams home and away.... Liverpool being able to play on the counter at home is pretty intimidating me thinks for any opp manager... looks like Benayoun and Riera are out which poses issues for wing positions however I dont have too many issues with Babel and Kuyt with Alonso Gerrard and Mach locking up the middle and really that is the key isn't it.... Liverpool is used to shutting down teams at high pace and they shouldn't have too many issues here again.... HT draw again seems the option as it has been for Liverpool this season (Including first leg).... whatever the result Madrid can't afford to concede as then they may get opened up on counter way too much also likelyhood of Torres not starting means we may see a very cautious first half... Skybets 2.2 on it is a bit of a joke and cannot be missed.... I will be putting 0.2 on Liverpool -1 HC @ 5... Madrid Leaky defense could break at any time and they may need to go for it.... it is very much speculative however it somewhat covers my original bet and definately provides opportunity for a scoop... though I will probably wait to place that one untill right before KO...

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March is time to make some money i guess Panathinaikos v Villareal best betting option this one imo... i have to say that i rate villareal a "speed ahead" team than panathinaikos during first leg clash, villareal missed many chances to take the lead, because this is happening sometimes in football-last saturday barcelona missed 10 clear chances to increase the score, even more, but still final result 2-0, ball refusing to go into the net- all of a sudden, panathinaikos took the lead, and then again villareal attacked massively, in a cataclysmic way, only to equalise the match though i think we will see rather similar game scenario; panathinaikos to defend with 10 men, just targeting the goalles draw, which gives the ticket for the next round for athenian team but guys as we say here, "goose doesnt fly every day" i mean is impossible for villareal not to score against this side, spanish team is a class above for sure, and without any doubt my pick is : Panathinaikos v Villareal X2 double chance pick 2 : Villareal to qualify @2.12 good luck :dude

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March I think that Panathinaikos may look rather "boring" when play, but all in all during all this Champions League season they were in real troubles only in Cyprus against Anorthosis, and they managed to qualifying winning also away in Milano against Inter, this means that Panathinaikos is a very cynic (I hope this is the good translation) team, and can be always dangerous. Gotta also add that they can be fine with a goalless draw, and gotta consider how this could effect the match. If this match was the first leg I would have certainly bet on home win, but since the situation here is different I will take more hours to think on this. Also, I have to look at injuries situation, are there any last minute news? Thanks in advance.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Bayern gonna probably play like this:

Butt Lell - Breno - Lucio - Lahm Ottl - Ze/Bommel Sosa/Oddo---------- Schweinsteiger Klose -- Podolski
Still quality in it, but odds not high enough IMO. Bayern wont care if they lose or draw at the end.. (not a reason to back Lisbon though) ;)

Bayern gonna probably play like this:
Butt Lell - Breno - Lucio - Lahm Ottl - Ze/Bommel Sosa/Oddo---------- Schweinsteiger Klose -- Podolski
Still quality in it, but odds not high enough IMO. Bayern wont care if they lose or draw at the end.. (not a reason to back Lisbon though) ;)
Pretty happy to back Bayern if people get carried away about Lisbon... I would have to see a signficant shift in the odds though... I don't think it could shift enough though :tongue2

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March All the first match was be under score excluding bayern -porto and a.madrit - porto.I believe all teams composure play and may be under again. particularly many match may be draw in first half score. Man. Utd. - Inter *Nicolas Burdisso ,Marco Materazzi and Cristian Chivu missing this match. Defensive problems mount in İnter. *Hilf time two team controly football and may be draw but second hilf M.united win game but score will be under if goal coming late (after 70 munites). *I choise hilf time bet Draw and final score Under and United win.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Wonder if Klinsmann did get pressure from his bosses to do smth in goalkeeper issue. Would explain that Rensing won't play and instead of him Jörg Butt, a former Leverkusen & HSV Star will play.:nana:cheers:drums Bayern's absences will effect the midfield and ofense more than defense with Van Buyten and lucio as central defenders. Lissabon will rest some players, especially Liedson's absence will effect their ofense. I think we have here really a good chance to see Bayern clean sheet this time, cos this guy IS a really good goalkeeper and no clown like Rensing. Odds for Bayern clean sheet are around 2,70 but IMO much better is the bet No goal (either team not to score) @ 2,35 Interwetten (0:0 cover included ;))

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March what do you think? Five small bets! 1 Internazionale draw Man. United Juventus Villarreal draw Panathinaikos Barcelona Bayern draw Sporting 2 Chelsea draw Juventus Real Madrid draw Liverpool Man. United Bayern Panathinaikos 3 Internazionale Villarreal Barcelona Arsenal 4 Real Madrid Bayern Porto Internazionale draw Man. United paris 5 Real Madrid Bayern draw Sporting athletico Internazionale draw Man. United paris

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Juventus - Chelsea over 2.5 Juventus know they have to score otherwise they are out and look to them to start well against Chelsea, who they know that an away goal will just about allow them to proceed to the next round. Look to Del Piero and Amauri to cause Chelsea plenty of problems while the Juve defence may have problems against a rejuvenated Drogba, who like the rest of the side, are looking more and more confident with Huddink at the helm. Juve will go for it which will leave them exposed to a counter attack and if Chelsea score then they have to score 3 to go from here, which looks likely as they have scored in their last 5 CL games Liverpool - Real Madrid over 2.5 Ramos admitted after ther first leg that they had played for a draw so that they don't concede an away goal which backfired on them so they have no choice but to go on the attack here. Liverpool have been a bit suspect at the back lately and if Arbeloa is out then look to Real to hit them down the flanks. But Real have also shown that they can be susceptible at the back and if their nemesis Torres plays, look to him to cause them plenty of problems. With the Kop in full roar then Liverpool will be up for the game and should be an open game given the way this match is poised. So look to both teams looking to score which should see several goals scored. Panathinaikos - Villareal over 2.5 With Panathinaikos having the important away goal, then they will look to press on from here, while Villareal will play a more open game to get back to their advantage. Panathinaikos have score in their last 5 CL games while Villareal have conceded 2 goals in their last 2 away games in the CL. Both teams will go out for the first goal as it gives that team the big opportunity to go on and win the game.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March dont have time for in depth reasons for these cause of cheltenham but il post my picks, ive been doin very well with over/under in the last coupla weeks so hopefully postin wont jinx me... Chelsea v Juventus Under 2.5 at 1/2 Liverpool v real madrid under 2.5 at 8/15 Panathinaikos v villareal over 2.5 at 5/4 Barcelona v lyon under 2.5 at 1/1 All prices taken with PP good luck all 50 accumulator = 517 Good luck all :hope

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventLiverpool v Real Madrid
SelectionLiverpool (Draw no bet) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date10/03/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.69 (Back)
ReasoningLiverpool bossed things in the bernabeu and the Spaniards will find it even more difficult here - The RFO states in their preview that Liverpool are unbeaten at Anfield since February 2008! Reals good form in Spain - 11 unbeaten - can be put into context by the fact that 5 of those games were aginst the bottom 5 sides and only 3 were in the top half of the table. For all his critics, Benitez is awesome in Europe and can add Real Madrid to his list of victims tonight.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Juventus - Chelsea: Chelsea Win @ 2.87 (Bet365) 10/10 Juventus must play forward in order to overturn the 1-0 result in London and this will be their main problem. Chelsea has too many players that I think can punish Juventus on the counter. Overall, the physical condition and speed is in favour of Chelsea who is playing with great confidence and effectiveness following the recent change of coach. Take Chelsea to win. Liverpool - Real Madrid: Liverpool Win @ 2.40 (Paddy Power) 10/10 Liverpool goes into this game with a big advantage after their win in Madrid. Real will have to attack early in order to at least level things. Most of the pressure will be on Real and I don't think they can handle the Anfield crowd. Liverpool has been disappointing at times this year but the CL is a competition they excel in. They have the cofidence of the Madrid result and with Real needing to score I think the opportunity will be provided for them to finish off Real and progress to the quarter finals. Panathinaikos - Villarreal: Villarreal Win @ 2.75 (Bet365) 10/10 The 1-1 result in the first game gives Panathinaikos a small advantage in that with a marginal win or 0-0 draw they move on to the quarter finals. However, I don't think that Panathinaikos will succeed in shutting down an offensively adept team like Villarreal. Villarreal is iffy in defense but they are strong in midfield and up front. Overall, I think that Villarreal is a much faster team that moves the ball better. Furthermore, the hosts have more quality and play in a league that is light years better than the one that Panathinaikos plays in. Finally, there is a great deal of pressure on the hosts tonight. Once again they will not win the Greek title and last week they were eliminated from the Greek Cup (by a relegation zone team). Hence, their ONLY chance for glory is the CL. This is too much pressure for a team of Panathinaikos' average caliber. Take Villarreal to win.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Juventus v Chelsea Pick: Draw 10/10 >William Hill @ 3.20 (Back) I picked Chelsea to beat Juve in the 1st leg and I pick a draw in this 2nd leg. I can't really use stats to explain Champions league picks because they're based on intuition. I can't see either side winning this. I made up my mind about a draw yesterday and I'm going for correct score 1-1 and 0-0. Liverpool - Real Madrid Pick: Over 2.5 10/10 >Betfair @ 2.54 (Back) I know I'm probably sending too many bets tonight but I have to go with what I believe in, and I believe Real Madrid will score tonight and I just can't see how this match will remain Unders as I think it wont in a draw either. Odds are big and the 1st match surprised everyone, why shouldn't the second do so as well Good luck and god bless TuttiFooty.Com Footy Stats TuttiVideo Previews

Panathinaikos - Villarreal: Villarreal Win @ 2.75 (Bet365) 10/10 The 1-1 result in the first game gives Panathinaikos a small advantage in that with a marginal win or 0-0 draw they move on to the quarter finals. However, I don't think that Panathinaikos will succeed in shutting down an offensively adept team like Villarreal. Villarreal is iffy in defense but they are strong in midfield and up front. Overall, I think that Villarreal is a much faster team that moves the ball better. Furthermore, the hosts have more quality and play in a league that is light years better than the one that Panathinaikos plays in. Finally, there is a great deal of pressure on the hosts tonight. Once again they will not win the Greek title and last week they were eliminated from the Greek Cup (by a relegation zone team). Hence, their ONLY chance for glory is the CL. This is too much pressure for a team of Panathinaikos' average caliber. Take Villarreal to win.
I really don't think Villareal will be able to win here, I see Panathinaikos to qualify however they might encounter some problems and have to go into overtime. But going on Villareal 10/10 that's crazy, the teams are qually good, it's an 1x2 match where anything can happen and Villareal will easely be sattisfied with a 1-1 at the end of the 90 minuts... Really don't get it.:eyes The same goes for Chelsea, how can you give 10/10 confidence on a team that is happy with a draw or even loosing 2-1, 3-2 etc. :eyes

I really don't think Villareal will be able to win here, I see Panathinaikos to qualify however they might encounter some problems and have to go into overtime. But going on Villareal 10/10 that's crazy, the teams are qually good, it's an 1x2 match where anything can happen and Villareal will easely be sattisfied with a 1-1 at the end of the 90 minuts... Really don't get it.:eyes The same goes for Chelsea, how can you give 10/10 confidence on a team that is happy with a draw or even loosing 2-1, 3-2 etc. :eyes
Hey Skunk! Thanks for commenting on my post. In response I will say the following: 1. I essentially only place 10/10 stakes on a bet. My position is that I don't place a bet unless I feel confident about it. If I have any doubts I don't get into it. So 3/10, 4/10, 5/10, etc. really doesn't make sense to me. Why make a bet if you are not confident about it? Yes, I will reduce stakes on a a long shot, but the posted tips are not really long shots. 2. In both the Panathinaikos - Villarreal and Juventus - Chelsea matches I think that Villarreal and Chelsea are the better teams and the potential dynamics of the game given the teams and the results of the first match will cause the result to end in favour of my choices. If Panathinaikos defends I don't believe they can shut down Villarreal. If Villarreal score first I think the hosts may fall apart. If Panathinaikos attempts to go forward I think they will be seriously punished by a faster and more skillful Villarreal side. Juventus MUST play to score given the result of the first match and I think they will leave too many spaces for Chelsea who certainly has enough quality to score a goal or two on a much slower and less physical team like Juventus. I also don't really think Juventus can penetrate Chelsea's defense for 2 or 3 goals so the chance of Chelsea playing to a 2-1 or 3-2 match that will see them qualify anyway is a non-issue in my mind. In closing, let's not forget that at this level of play anything can happen and any bet involves quite a bit of interpretation of facts and issues. Interpretation is, by definition, a subjective exercise. If gambling was an exact science it would be a one sided affair... Good luck in your bets tonight....:ok

Juventus - Chelsea over 2.5 Juventus know they have to score otherwise they are out and look to them to start well against Chelsea, who they know that an away goal will just about allow them to proceed to the next round. Look to Del Piero and Amauri to cause Chelsea plenty of problems while the Juve defence may have problems against a rejuvenated Drogba, who like the rest of the side, are looking more and more confident with Huddink at the helm. Juve will go for it which will leave them exposed to a counter attack and if Chelsea score then they have to score 3 to go from here, which looks likely as they have scored in their last 5 CL games Liverpool - Real Madrid over 2.5 Ramos admitted after ther first leg that they had played for a draw so that they don't concede an away goal which backfired on them so they have no choice but to go on the attack here. Liverpool have been a bit suspect at the back lately and if Arbeloa is out then look to Real to hit them down the flanks. But Real have also shown that they can be susceptible at the back and if their nemesis Torres plays, look to him to cause them plenty of problems. With the Kop in full roar then Liverpool will be up for the game and should be an open game given the way this match is poised. So look to both teams looking to score which should see several goals scored. Panathinaikos - Villareal over 2.5 With Panathinaikos having the important away goal, then they will look to press on from here, while Villareal will play a more open game to get back to their advantage. Panathinaikos have score in their last 5 CL games while Villareal have conceded 2 goals in their last 2 away games in the CL. Both teams will go out for the first goal as it gives that team the big opportunity to go on and win the game.
I've also chosen over for Real, about the 2 other I got my doubts :)

I've also chosen over for Real' date=' about the 2 other I got my doubts :)[/quote'] Agreed, I'm playing Liverpool vs Real over as well, however for the other two I'm probably gonna play them under.

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Like monty hall said, statistics do not count too much on these Cl games. Based on my intuition, i think that juve - chelsea is going to be a hard fought 0-0 draw, with juve trying hard to get the goal they need but in the end chelsea, whith their superior physical condition holding out. I also doubt that juve will approach this game whith an all attack mentality, simply becouse they know that a goal from chelsea and it will be game over Juve - Chelsea draw ht/ft @4.75 local gl

Re: CL - Tuesday 10th of March Absence of Sissoko is fundamental. The midfield juventus won't succeed in filtering the attacks of chelsea that it will be owner of midfield. I am a Juventus sympathizer but this evening we will tell goodbye the cup Chalsea X2