Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

CL - Wednesday 11th of March

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March

betslip showing L Garcia. A gift that never was. Can't ignore Rooney anytime card @ 5.99 expkt. Always gives this bet a run for it's money, and at generous odds.
I played it in the morning but I had in Expekt for this one only @ 4.2 :eyes

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March Arsenal (3.07 @ pinnacle) Roma need a goal to tie it all up but you can see Arsenal getting a goal here, forcing the Romans to open up which could lead to goals being scored. Arsenal are without Adebayor which should see van Persie lead the line and who i believe is a better player. However the inclusion of Walcott will give them plenty of speed on the flank and the player who they have really missed is Eduardo as this guy is a noted poacher who does well with the chances presented to him. Roma are missing Cassetti, Perrotta and Cicinho, while Totti and Pizarro are struggling with injuries. While they are expected to lift at home, Arsenal controlled them in the first leg and now with the addition of two very good players, Arsenal look even stronger in this clash while Roma have been weakened Barcelona -1.5 (2.21 @ pinnacle) There was alot to like about the way Barcelona beat Bilbao on the weekend and now that their rivals Real got beaten by Liverpool last night, look to their players lifting to win this over Lyon. Messi is a standout while Henry and Etoo are coming more and more into form. As for Lyon they are starting to slip domestically and don't be surprised that Barcelona at home, takes advantage of their problems they are having in the backline, as they have allowed 6 goals in their last 3 games in the French League while Barcelona have scored the most goals (19) in the CL. Some of the Barca players were in the team that drew 2-2 last year against Lyon so look for them not to rest but go for the jugular here Man Utd -1.5 (3.20 @ bet365) Man Utd will be pleased that they came form Milan still alll tied up given the injuries they had in defence. Now it is Inter who has the injury problems in defence as Materazzi, Burdisso and Chivu are all out while Ferdinand is expected to play for Man Utd. Expect a performance from Man Utd to rival that of Liverpool's last night as these two rivals meet on the weekend and will be looking to put in an effort that tells the other side they are ready to play. Inter in the first leg didn't show anything to make Man Utd concerned and with their main threat Ibrahimovic likely to be shackled by Vidic then it limits the options Inter has of winning this game. Look to Man Utd to come out and hit Inter hard in front of their home crowd and achieve a resounding victory Porto - Athletico Madrid over 2.5 (1.97 @ pinnacle) With tie locked at 2-2 but Porto having the advantage with 2 away goals then Athletico will go out on the attack from the start as they look for a goal at least to let them advance. However while they have scored in 4 of their last 5 CL games, they have allowed a goal in the same 4 of 5 CL games. This will caue them concern as Porto have scored 2 goals in each of their last 4 CL games. Both teams showed in the first leg that they like to attack but have problems in stopping goals from being scored, so lok for another high scoring game from these two sides

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March Hello all folks, looking at the prices of the Italians team tonight, I think that the one I like more is definitely Inter. AS Roma tonight not only will miss De Rossi, Cicinho, Panucci (who was not inserted in the Champions League's players' list) and Perrotta, but also I think Pizarro won't be at all in a good shape, after the muscle injury he suffered during last match against Udinese. Infact he was substituted and showed lot of physical pain for that while exiting out of the field. So most probably he won't be at the top tonight. Same about Totti, if he will play he certainly won't be very fit after the last week's problem. So ASR will be with a totally "revolutionized" midfield, missing the columns of the play like De Rossi and Perrotta, against a strong physically team like Arsenal. I don't see any values in AS Roma odds for tonight actually. Nevertheless also Arsenal will be missing Adebayor, Fabregas, Arshavin and Rosicky, but they can comfortably defend tonight. I think last tiny AS Roma's chance stands in the legs of Mirko Vucinic, I think he will be the key of the match: if he will be able to take on his own balls from the midfield and go ahead, then things may change... but I won't dare to bet on AS Roma, hoping on Vucinic, for such short prices. So, for now, my only bet is: 5/10 on Manchester UTD - Inter: 2 @ 5.00 (I suggest anyone to bet it at any odds more than 5.00 if he has the possibility to do that!) Samuel will be back in the defense, and so Inter will be missing only Burdisso, Materazzi and Chivu. Chivu is an important absence, but I wouldn't say so about Burdisso and Materazzi. Tonight's Inter: 4-3-2-1 Julio Cesar, Maicon, Cordoba, Samuel, Santon, Viera, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Stankovic, Muntari/Balotelli, Ibrahimovic. If Mourinho has been able to handle the internal pressures, I think that Inter tonight stands a chance. And actually I am tempted to bet something like 2/10 on AS Roma [-1 Handicap] - Arsenal: 1 @ 6.00 just in case Vucinic will feel in good mood tonight. Good luck to anyone. Luigi

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March Thing that worries me about Inter is that their fullbacks were exposed. Ronaldo just terrorized the wings single handedly. Maicon was extremely nervous and didn't even bother making runs. With that expected line you posted that just means Mourinho is going to try and control the midfield. He knows he ain't going to outscore Utd so he can only hope to squeeze this game as far as he can and hopefully bring it to Extra Time or nick that one away goal. If Sameul is indeed playing, that is a MAJOR boost because Rivas is terrible.

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March Hello Toronto Mike, I just hand copied Inter's squad tonight from this morning Gazzetta dello Sport. I agree with you about Samuel, he will indeed be a boost because we all know how "shameful" can Rivas be. On the other hand I think that even if the 4-3-2-1 may look a bit defensive and "conservative" for Inter, I also think that Ibrahimovic may change the match in any moments... also the same thing in my opinion would apply for Ronaldo, but as I said, it was the odds that mostly pushed me for a bet on Inter.

anyone got any teams news on FC Porto v Atlético tonight? Porto play good football at home and atletico also play attacking football. ideas?
Porto have struggled to playing good football and actually to win matches at home this season. If you look at the stats they've been rather poor, namely in the Portuguese league. Not that they lose matches but they have immense trouble breaking tight defenses. On the contrary they are on a 7 game winning streak away from home in the Portuguese league and they were the better team in Madrid, squandered chances to win, and were let down by a goalkeeper blunder that allowed Atlético a 2nd goal. IMO Porto plays some of the best counterattacking football in Europe. So in theory Atlético need to come and look for a goal and I doubt they can keep tight at the back and play speculatively. I doesn't seem o be their style. That said they can be dangerous in attack and Porto's weakest point, besides limited creativity in midfield which has stifled the team at home, is its fullbacks. Porto's home record in European competitions is of course very strong. Since 2002/2003 I can only remember the following defeats: Panathinaikos 0-1 (Porto turned the result in Athens though); 1-3 against the "galactic" Real Madrid; 2-3 against Artmedia Bratislava; 0-1 against Dynamo Kiev last season. For what it's worth, the Dragão is very seldom an easy pitch for opponents. I think Porto will do it tonight but I don't like the odds too much and anyway I always feel I have "supporter's eyes".

Hello Toronto Mike, I just hand copied Inter's squad tonight from this morning Gazzetta dello Sport. I agree with you about Samuel, he will indeed be a boost because we all know how "shameful" can Rivas be. On the other hand I think that even if the 4-3-2-1 may look a bit defensive and "conservative" for Inter, I also think that Ibrahimovic may change the match in any moments... also the same thing in my opinion would apply for Ronaldo, but as I said, it was the odds that mostly pushed me for a bet on Inter.
I too am hoping Inter can create something magical but you know with Man Utd, they seem to get the results when they need to. I think this is a big match for Mourinho as well, something special here could silence his critics in Italy. Inter did show some sort of life in the 2nd half of the 1st leg. You know how I would actually like to see in the game? Figo...at least he can create, I hope he comes on at least in the 2nd half because right now Stankovic is not creating anything for Zlatan or anyone in attack!

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March Hi all! I'm also a long time reader and posting for the first time. :) For the beginning i must agree with Toronto Mike on one thing: only Figo can create! All other midfielders are not creators. Zlatan can not beat Manchester without proper balls from midfield. And lots of people are afraid of Mourinho. He indeed is a really good manager, but he is not good enough for Sir Alex Ferguson. And Man Utd literally has "two teams", no injured players... Home win! Porto - Atl. Madrid: Atletico must attack & score, and they will score. They have great attackers and midfielders, including Forlan, Aguero, Maxi Rodriguez and, my personall favourite, Simao... Porto players have the best technique in Europe. Even the central defenders can dribble! :) Home crowd on Dragao stadium, Atletico attacking and exposed, Porto will also score. Don't know who will win, so both teams to score! Roma - Arsenal: Roma has to much troubles with injuries. Also, they have been crushed in London. Personaly, I think that thay will be afraid to attack and open becouse than they can concede from counters (Arsenal has realy fast players and Venger, who's speciality is counter attacks), and if they concede - game over. Draw or away win!

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March Manchester United - Inter: Draw @ 3.70 (Centrebet) 10/10 In my opinion Man U and Inter have the two best managers in football. It is difficult to decide who is better. To a certain extent, the 0-0 draw of the first match I think reflects this. In terms of rosters, both teams have top quality and again it is difficult to separate the two teams. The only advantage I see is in the home field and at this level of play I am seriously discounting it given the parity in coaching and roster. Essentially, I think we are going to see a very tight game that may just end again in a 0-0 stalemate and send the game to extra time and possibly penalties. Yes, I think this match will offer maximum drama tonight and the difficulty in deciding a winner leads me to tip the draw, which is good value I think. FC Porto - Atletico Madrid: Draw @ 3.40 (Totesport) 10/10 The two teams palyed to a 2-2 draw in the first match which gives Porto a good advantage since they can play on their own turf to a 0-0 or 1-1 draw and still qualify. Atletico will go for the win and it is clear they have the scoring ability to get goals. However, their defense is weak and I can't see them shutting Porto down if and when the game opens up. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a repeat 2-2 result in this one which would send it to extra time. The teams are pretty equal in terms of their player quality and potential and picking a winner is difficult. This leads me to the draw that has good odds. Roma - Arsenal: Draw @ 3.25 (Totesport) 10/10 Arsenal goes into this match with the advantage of the 1-0 win in London. The visitors don't need to go after a goal and they have played to a number of 0-0 draws in 2009 which may indicate a bit of predisposition to this result. I think Arsenal will be extra careful and even if Roma scores first, Arsenal certainly has enough quality to score and level the game. The pressure is on Roma and they seem to struggle with English teams. Furthermore, Roma is not necessarily playing top form football at the moment. There isn't a great deal that separates these teams and given the result of the first match I think Arsenal will play for the draw and get it. Look for a tight 0-0 or 1-1 result.

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March I think that Man Utd win today. They played very good match in first leg. Now they play at home and I expect better performance than at San Siro. The Inter´s defence is not so good to defend Man Utd strikers. So I bet 1.

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March With 4 Overs last night, CL doesn't make much sense to me ATM, so I better follow. Some very good posts here today, and with what I have seen so far from each team my picks are ( bet365 odds ): Porto - Madrid - Both to Score No matter how tight teams from Portugal can play, simply can't underestimate Atletico's forwards, as well as their shaky defence. Madrid have to go forward, and that makes this option more or less safe, despite the skinny 1,72. Man U - Inter Home Win As mentioned in previous picks, odds of 1,66 are hardly attractive, with team like Inter involved. I still think Man U have more option and better alternatives in every line. On top of that I hate that Inter President, this not being a serious reason though... Roma - Arsenal Both to Score At 1,83 I think I am getting a good bargain here. Arsenal seem to me more relaxed on the road, and scoring tonight looks probable. With Roma no matter what the missings are, having Totti and Mirko V on the pitch is enough to expect goals. If Pizzaro is fully fit, when the performance in the first half vs Inter, and extra strenght is added to my pick ( hopefully ). I am also tempted with the Over here at 2,18, will give 10 mins on the In-Play and go for it at higher odds. Small to medium stakes is what I can afford as of the last two bad weeks. Good luck everyone

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March Man Utd - Inter Pick: Man Utd (-1) Stake: 10 Odds: 2.32 >10bet TBH I originally thought Inter would go through. I played with some kids in my neighborhood and they told me Man United will go through. Ive seen a lot of Inter and don??â„¢t personally like them this season ever since Mourinho came in. They are aggressive and they are winners when it comes to their local but for me there's no honor in their game and it would be terrible if they go through on Man Us' expense. That is not reason enough to bet, I bet on Inter to win the 1st leg, The fact they did not win IS reason enough to back Man U. Feelings aside, I also think Inter will lose because they are not as good as Manchester United. Good luck and god bless

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March greetings to all! Roma-Arsenal 2 or X2 Porto-Atletico Madrid x2 First one: Advantage by all means to Arsenal, with Eduardo back meaner than ever they simply can't lose. Their morale is also very high past few games. Second one: Both teams play similar style of football. Slight advantage to Atletico.

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March Roma - Arsenal Pick: Roma (-1.5) Stake: 10 Odds: 4.70 Gamebookers [url=http://tuttifooty-com.blogabet.com/]My reasoning is based on stats and yesterdays results. In 3 CL home games Roma has always scored, conceded in 2 and 2 went overs and no draws. In Arsenals 3 away matches they scored twice, always conceded, one went overs and one draw. Last meetings: 2008/2009 Round of 16 Arsenal FC - AS Roma 1:0 2002/2003 Group. B Arsenal FC - AS Roma 1:1 2002/2003 Group. B AS Roma - Arsenal FC 1:3 The away match had 4 goal (Henry hatrick). Tonights ref is Mejuto Gonz??lez rememberd from Arsenals' defeat at CSKA Moskow at the 2006 season. Good luck and god bless

Re: CL - Wednesday 11th of March Man United v Inter Milan I can't get past a Man Utd win here they got what they wanted in Milan in the 1st leg! In fact they were unlucky not to have a lead. I believe that Italian Soccer is now a shadow of what it used to be a couple of years ago and English Prem Teams are much stronger than their Italian counterparts. I can see a comfortable win for Man Utd. Predictions:- Man Utd -1 HCP @3.00 Paddypower Man Utd -2 HCP @6.50 Paddypower Ronaldo to score 2 or more goals @10.00 Paddypower :ok