** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

is 22/1 short for ' no English team to qualify for the next round of the c.l ?

Re: is 22/1 short for ' no English team to qualify for the next round of the c.l ? id be surprised myself, and tbh thought the price would be greater tho' looking at each game individually, it isnt inconceivable to suggest they all could be eliminated. ladbrokes go from 5/1 there will only be 1 team in the 1/4 finals, I might go 1 or 0, stan james go 8/5 two make it incidentally.

Re: is 22/1 short for ' no English team to qualify for the next round of the c.l ?

Man Utd look to be the only one with real form but drew the serie a champions and current leaders and have a boss who has previous success over SAF in the c.l, the others drew teams stronger than themselves. I might give it a tenner !
I'd go for Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal to not progress personally at 9/1. United are flying and in my opinion, they've got the best squad in the world. Mourinho is a brilliant manager but his previous "victory" over United in the CL was as fortunate as they come - I was there! I think the distance between English Champions and Italian Champions is long now, too long for Inter to scale. Juve will cause Chelski problems unless Hiddink gets to grips with them straightaway, Liverpool are facing an in-form Madrid and are currently unable to win a game and Arsenal face a tough opposition in Roma whilst having not played a good game of football since Fabregas got injured! Roma also have the added incentive that the final is on their own turf this year... Good luck, whatever you back!

Re: is 22/1 short for ' no English team to qualify for the next round of the c.l ? yeh, thats kinda what Im looking at mozzi, Man Utd are the only ones I'd say on current form should go through, remind me a bit of mourinho's chelsea, can always do just whats required, but that Blackburn goal last night shows me frailities at a higher level without Vidic in there, Arsenals and Chelseas of the last 5 years arent challenging the way they where and Liverpool are too misorientated for me so Utd maybe getting an easier ride in the EPL than they should. Its a high price for a reason, that it is unlikely, but Inter are not a formality, far from it.