** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL - Wednesday 25 February

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February Hello to all of you :dude! My first post here , and hope it will be a winning one to .... For today C.L. matches it sticks into my eyes the weak defenceses in .Sporting : Bayern. match , whit also the atack potential from both sides . Any angle that i look into brings me just to one conclusion , over 2.5 ! I don"t see a tactical game here like was yesterday between Inter - M.utd . Bayern will come to Lisbon to win the match , and by that they will open them self just enough to recive a goal or two . Also , if we consider the defense problems that both teams gott i even wonder wy the bookies offer such a low price for under ,1.65 at my local , i think is just misleading . Y know that in C.L. domestic matches don"t count much , butt hey : last three matches for Sporting .... h 2-3 whit Braga .... a 1-2 with Belenenses and .... h 3-2 with Benfica , both home matches weer verry important clashes for Sporting , some like tonight match .... last three away matches for Bayern .... h 3-1 Dortmun ..... a 2-1 with Herta ..... and 1-2 home with Koln . Maybe the stats aren"t the best justification butt i think that are relevant for wath kind of match wee gonna see tonight , an open one ! So ...for me ...the best choice is the ......over 2.5 @ 2.15 :dude

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February @nicko ; Ty For comment,

Real Madrid system and the field at the beginning of year to play ball like a mite, and this one did not have a very mediocre first factor appears to be elections in the middle of the field were a medium .. Real Madrid's main element of last 9 enter Lassana Diarra'nın team put in a great harmony with the magnificent football at the moment .. I think Teams entered for him, especially since the track was extra Real match .. Is doing a great job in the field, which is required capabilities of this already .. Be made between Huntelaar and Diarra in the selection list in CL final and clearly as anyone Diarra'nın Huntelaar then need to enter the list in the middle was very clear .. Real technical staff did a different already .. Gago and Diarra bilateral control is much better than the middle too Ramos .. In the first stage, the classic 4-4-2 favorite Sevilla's tried .. In recent years the first 11 reviews Huntelaar , Higuaín and with Raul, Heinze, and in some games have tried to take advantage Marcelo's front and that was successful .. Real air at the moment .. great Pool and CL performance is Benitez everyone to know, I watch this game looked a little bit. Whatever , Let's wait and see...

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February

Hello to all of you :dude! My first post here , and hope it will be a winning one to .... For today C.L. matches it sticks into my eyes the weak defenceses in .Sporting : Bayern. match , whit also the atack potential from both sides . Any angle that i look into brings me just to one conclusion , over 2.5 ! I don"t see a tactical game here like was yesterday between Inter - M.utd . Bayern will come to Lisbon to win the match , and by that they will open them self just enough to recive a goal or two . Also , if we consider the defense problems that both teams gott i even wonder wy the bookies offer such a low price for under ,1.65 at my local , i think is just misleading . Y know that in C.L. domestic matches don"t count much , butt hey : last three matches for Sporting .... h 2-3 whit Braga .... a 1-2 with Belenenses and .... h 3-2 with Benfica , both home matches weer verry important clashes for Sporting , some like tonight match .... last three away matches for Bayern .... h 3-1 Dortmun ..... a 2-1 with Herta ..... and 1-2 home with Koln . Maybe the stats aren"t the best justification butt i think that are relevant for wath kind of match wee gonna see tonight , an open one ! So ...for me ...the best choice is the ......over 2.5 @ 2.15 :dude
when it comes to european clashes domestic form/results should not be concidered too high, if you want to bet succesfully in long term. Some teams are like sh...in CL but play well in their leagues, vice versa we also see every year some examples. See Arsenal result yesterday...Some stats for Sporting - Bayern match:
  • Bayern Munich v Portuguese clubs in Champions League have seen 7/8 -2.5 goals and 4/8 -1.5 goals
  • Sporting CP at home in Champions League since 2006/07 have seen 5/9 -2.5 goals and 4/9 -1.5 goals
  • Sporting CP at home to German teams in Champions League have seen 3/3 -2.5 goals and 2/3 -1.5 goals

for me a clear under match today, smth like. 0:0 or 1:1. but wish all over backers GL :cheers

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February Chelsea -1 (EH) Chelsea impressed on the weekend with their away win over Aston Villa and they should be ready to beat Juve here given that their defence was very solid in that game and the forwards worked well together. Huddink is a smart operator and he will have the team prepared tactically for this game and in front of their own crowd, look good chances to win this. Don't rate this Juve team like the Juve of old and Chelsea should dominate the midfield, with Lampard familiar with playing against Sissoko, look to him to expose his lack of skill Liverpool Look to Liverpool to smash and grab a win ehre as they will close down the options for Real, making them frustrated and then relying on the counter. They have a team best suited to this type of game and a shrewd manager ready to use this plan to their advantage. Look to Alonso and Mascherano to dominate the middle of the park while Liverpool's defence holds firm, and then for Real's nemesis Torres during his time at Athletico, to pop up with the winner Sporting Lisbon - Bayern Munich over 3.5 Two offensive minded teams meet here as they hav each scored in their previous 5 CL matches. Bayern have scored 3 goals in 3 of their last 4 games in the CL so they have the strike power to score but they are also vulnerable at the back, and SPorting has some decent players to take advantage of this. You can see this as being an open and entertaining game between two teams with good strikers to score a few goals in this game. Villareal - Panathinaikos under 1.5 Villareal have not been in their usual offensive form like they were earlier in the season and will find it hard to break down Pana who will come to defend and hold out for a draw at least. Villareal drew 0-0 with Man Utd at home and beat Celtic 1-0 so they find it difficult to score against organised teams while Pana have not conceded in their last 3 CL games with 2 of them on the road and in 2 of them they won 1-0. Expect a low scoring game here

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February Sporting @ 2.94 I think Sporting Lisbon will surprise a lot of people tonight and beat Bayern. Bayern are in absolutely shocking form at the moment, and somewhat off the pace in 4th place in a league they usually dominate. I was impressed by Sporting against Benfica the other night, and I think the 3-2 scoreline flattered Benfica somewhat. I think Sporting will be up for this, and probably get a narrow win.

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February hi this my first post here and i hope will kick off the bookies:) so very short post:) Real i think win, i cant see Liverppol winiing this one 2 :0 or 2:1 for Madrid Bayern and Sproting i think most secure is what both teams scores:) Chelsea and Juve. Its possible to see over here 2 : 1 for chelsea or both teams score 1 :1 here;) Villareal and Panathinaikos.Someone will keep clean sheet for sure and someone gonna win by 1:0 ir 2:0. Not many analasys but this is my try,i hope all good luck;)

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February CHELSEA - JUVENTUS ....

If is worth betting on Chelsea , definetely to win at just one goal diference is the best way to do it .Its a tipical situation , where it could be a draw but the home team has a slight advantage , ok ...some will say a big advantage but in C.L. matches it"s ofeneley reduced to minimum. I think 1-0 or 2-1 will suffice for both teams .

Chelsea . win . at one goal @ 3.40

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February Villareal - Panathinaikos I am very worried with this game, or rather I am not sure which way to go. I see posts here for Under 1,5 goals, Clean Sheet... Starting with the guests first, in the Group Stage all away games for Pana had goals - scoring 3 at Werder and 1 in Milano doesn't tell the whole story - in these games both the Greeks and the home teams had further chances to score. Don't even involve the game in Cyprus here. Pana looked so sharp in these games that more goals were in the air at any part of the games. At the back they look solid, but both Inter and Werder could have scored a few. Somehow when looking at Villareal's games in CL everyone thinks they are a clear Under team. At the same time if the Villareal games vs British teams are taken out of the stats, it doesn't look that bad. Furthermore, in all games Villareal do create a lot, maybe having the problem of some games Man U is having this season - converting. Those who like speculative bets ( HT/FT ) must have noticed how many games Villareal won or drew from behind/being down by often more than just 1 goal, in the last 3 seasons. In other words we are having a team that has the potential and character to fight back. One thing I agree with Toronto Mike last night about the Inter - Man U game is that that game with Under written all over it, could have easily gone Over, no matter who scored first. It was a question of couple of inches on many occasions, a question of a second earlier to deliver a pass, plus the great goal-keeping of Cesar and lack of luck for Ronaldo and Berbatov. 2,10 for Goal/Goal is good, 1,71 for Over 2 goals is excellent, not to mention the Over 2,5 goals @ 2,33. No matter how often here people say the current form in the respective league is not important, I disagree in most cases - if a regular is in bad shape, he is in a bad shape whether he plays in CL, domestic league or beach football. If a defense is patched up with newbies as of injuries or else, it has problems no matter where they play. Current form does matter, and Villareal are having problems at the back, Pana are far from being goal shy away. With a early goal this UNDER game could easily turn into the highest-scoring one tonight. Opinions?

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February I'm on Chelsea tonight aswell. Hiddink got off to a great start with a win at Villa and that will have boosted confidence in the Chelsea camp. Team spirit is back and Anelka has been back in among the goals the last 2 games. Juventus are going well in Serie A and are a very solid outfit and will be a tough nut to crack. However, the Premiership team have had the indian sign over Italian teams in recent years and I expect this to continue as the English teams high-tempo approach has proved too much for the more tactical Italian style. Expect it to be a tight game, the Racing Post tipped Chelsea to keep a clean sheet and I think the same. Can see a tight game with a 1-0 or 2-0 Chelsea. Chelsea - 4/5 Bet365

four draws for me again i think :) ... had same last night but bloody arsenal pullled it out tha bag :( grrr first games are always mega tight like..might put all to be under 1.5 goals too or maybe 2.5 to be safe as madrid worry me at the mo. higuan is class.....
Your right if Higuan/ Torres are switched on it could be a very interesting match... the thing that over rides for me is that realistically RM do not experience cagey affairs like this on a regular enough basis there are simply too many free flowing spanish teams... I am not even sure vs Barca or the Madrid derby qualifies in the type of matches that Liverpool experience 6x each season.... sure Madrid may score 4+ goals regularly but really what does that mean in a match were they will come against one of the best defensive teams in the world... Liverpools midfield is so strong on its day... not only this 4 or 5 goals is fine when you are confident in a game that you can comfortably outscore opponents and therefore push forward without too much trouble... Liverpool would eat that up and Ramos knows this obviously... RM will of course take the initiative being their home leg but by all means caution will reek throughout their play... honestly I feel that RM just aren't suited to this type of match and their lack of ability to adapt to this tight cup format will be their undoing... any result is clearly possible here...

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February REAL - LIVERPOL ... Definetly , Real will take advantage from the inconsistent form of Liverpol . It"s the perfect situation for them to win this match , they are in good form , have a real good trainer , they have verry good attacking skills and above all that , they know that if they want to qualify further , they realy must win this match on home ground cause it will be hell on ANFIELD !...So ,my pick ... Real _win @ 2.00 ...

Villareal - Panathinaikos I am very worried with this game, or rather I am not sure which way to go. I see posts here for Under 1,5 goals, Clean Sheet... Starting with the guests first, in the Group Stage all away games for Pana had goals - scoring 3 at Werder and 1 in Milano doesn't tell the whole story - in these games both the Greeks and the home teams had further chances to score. Don't even involve the game in Cyprus here. Pana looked so sharp in these games that more goals were in the air at any part of the games. At the back they look solid, but both Inter and Werder could have scored a few. Somehow when looking at Villareal's games in CL everyone thinks they are a clear Under team. At the same time if the Villareal games vs British teams are taken out of the stats, it doesn't look that bad. Furthermore, in all games Villareal do create a lot, maybe having the problem of some games Man U is having this season - converting. Those who like speculative bets ( HT/FT ) must have noticed how many games Villareal won or drew from behind/being down by often more than just 1 goal, in the last 3 seasons. In other words we are having a team that has the potential and character to fight back. One thing I agree with Toronto Mike last night about the Inter - Man U game is that that game with Under written all over it, could have easily gone Over, no matter who scored first. It was a question of couple of inches on many occasions, a question of a second earlier to deliver a pass, plus the great goal-keeping of Cesar and lack of luck for Ronaldo and Berbatov. 2,10 for Goal/Goal is good, 1,71 for Over 2 goals is excellent, not to mention the Over 2,5 goals @ 2,33. No matter how often here people say the current form in the respective league is not important, I disagree in most cases - if a regular is in bad shape, he is in a bad shape whether he plays in CL, domestic league or beach football. If a defense is patched up with newbies as of injuries or else, it has problems no matter where they play. Current form does matter, and Villareal are having problems at the back, Pana are far from being goal shy away. With a early goal this UNDER game could easily turn into the highest-scoring one tonight. Opinions?
Good point NICKO ... I alsoo think this coud be a goal fest , cause Villa... are leaking goals recently and also have the firepower to score some ,or at least Pana... would score . .... but it easily coud finish 1-1 , so for me is no bet ... its way to fishy !

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February Guus Hidding's team will aim to keep a clean sheet knowing thcat it will be very important for the next match in Turin. I think thay are able to make it as Juve will give all their strenghts in defending. So for me: Chelsea clean sheet 2.10 Real Madrid v Liverpool Real Madrid are on fire. They are coming from consecutive wins in the primera liga and last 3 games with good performance. Liverpool on the other hand are in a down. You can never underestimate the "european" liverpool but i think this wont be enough tonight. Real Madrid TO WIN 2.10 Villareal v PAO I believe PAO with henk ten kate as a coach, performs very well in europe with the wins in bremen and milan confirming above statement. I believe they can hold for at least the first half, as villareal is not in a good run lately, performing badly last games and losing some positions in the primera liga. PAO draw HT bet 2.20 All singles @ $60 each Doubles @ $30 each accumulator @ $20 Total stake $240

Sporting @ 2.94 I think Sporting Lisbon will surprise a lot of people tonight and beat Bayern. Bayern are in absolutely shocking form at the moment, and somewhat off the pace in 4th place in a league they usually dominate. I was impressed by Sporting against Benfica the other night, and I think the 3-2 scoreline flattered Benfica somewhat. I think Sporting will be up for this, and probably get a narrow win.
I second that. I find it difficult to understand why Bayern are favourites in this game. H2H stats flatter the guests in tonight's clash. But Sporting are a force at home and even stronger outfits like Man U struggled there. i'll play it safe and lay Bayern @ 2.78

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February Bets so far : Real - Liverpool Over 10 corners @ 2,00 - 5 units 10 corners exactly @ 8,50 - 0,7 units Villareal - Panathinaikos Goal/Goal @ 2,10 - 5 units Villareal - Panathinaikos Over 2,5 goals @ 2,33 - 4 units Villareal - Panathinaikos Over 4,5 cards @ 2,10 - 6 units Sporting + 0,25 AH @ 1,63 - 6 units Sporting - Bayern Goal/Goal @ 1,80 - 3 units Sporting - Bayern Over 2,5 goals @ 2,15 - 2 units Total 31,7 units staked Didn't post anything on Sporting - Bayern game, simply liked what I saw here BOL

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February All this talk of crisis is little too much i think and bayern are only four points behind hsv in bundesliga.There is still plenty of time to regroup after two loses in a row but bayern in europe is a diffrent thing.Bayern have the best record in group stage by the way and this happened last year when bayern was having a bad time in the bundesliga too. sporting best achievement in european cup or cl is q/final. Bayern record i don't think there is a need to be said of it. sporting have never won in 14 games against german club in europe. bayern have lost once in 20 games against portugal club.(The only lost was against the best portugal team that is porto in european cup final) Yes Bayern lost their last 2 games in bundesliga. but bayern very seldom lose 3 in a row. I always think history like to repeat and bayern should not lose today.There is possiblity of draw but lisbon to win will take a mighty effort against a bayern squad who have been wounded very much and their priority has always been champion league this year because of missing out last year cl. Likely lineup sporting: Tiago,Pedro Silva, Tonel, Anderson Polga,Grimi,Rochemback, Izmaylov, Vukcevic, Joao Moutinho,Liedson, Derlei likely lineup bayern:rensing,lucio,lahm,demichelis,lell,Schweinsteiger,van bommel,ze roberto,ribery,toni,klose. bayern AH [email protected] 9/10@188bet.

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February Chelsea is again on fire. They had much problems lately but new coach transform team and bring necesary freshness in squad. Once again they looked excelent, dominanting whole game against in form Villa side. I think that average Juventus side have no chance against stell defence

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February Real is again hit their excelent run. Each season they had period when they hiot nice form and they are unstopable. I htink that period is now. In last game they score 6 goals and show offence power they have on disposal at the moment. Liverpool is lost best form and despite they did not lose a gme for a while, they has to many draws lately. Also, Gerard is doubt for this game and even if he is play, he is out of form

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February There is huge class difference betwean these two teams. Sporting is in nice form but they had many weak games lately. Simply in Portugese league they cant have to much strong games and that they need to rase form in this kind of games. They will be favourte today but I guess thet they wills trougle as they simply has no qualty to attack against Bayern. Germans lost last game and mabye that loss come in right time to woke them up

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February It is obvious that the most popular bet for tonight is Real M to win...I personally can't understand why that is the case...Liverpool should be favorites here IMO, hence great value on them. Reasoning: they are simply much stronger. BOL to everyone! :cheers

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February Real -1 on corner 'cap @ 2.05, saver on tie 15/2. RM have strong stats for corners at home earning 9, 7, 15, 10, 5, 9, 9 from last 7 CL games in Spain, beating the line in 6/7 and tieing the other. L'pool economical at conceding usually, but the -1 would have been broken in all their group aways and their knockout tie at Arsenal last year. Chelsea -2 corner h'cap @ 2.00, saver 15/2. Juve notorious for low flags on their travels, picking up 5 from 3 aways. Chelsea not corner monsters by any stretch, but they press the opposition and Lamps and ballack etc never shy of having a pop from range. Would expect an home possession count in the 60/40 range tonight, with Juve content to play a controlled game. Sissoko anytime card @ 2.85. Three yellows in his three group aways, aided by his clumsiness, adds to his appeal in the books market. Was carded on his last two visits to the Bridge when with L'pool also.

Tip Detail
Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Chelsea - Juventus
Selection Chelsea (-0.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 25/02/2009
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.81 (Back)
Reasoning My intuition tells me Chelsea will win this game. I saw a lot of Juve these two seasons and four years ago Juve are a fine team but its no match for Chelsea's humongous budget fighting on all three fronts, something has to give. Chelsea are rejuvenated with a new manager and a fresh spirit and Juve have to thank Gigi Bufon for being where they are now because they have NOT been solid at the back at all and Chelsea have been consistent in scoring at Stamford Bridge this season. I also took Didier Drogba striking first. Good luck and god bless TuttiFooty.Com Footy Stats & Vids

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February Tip Detail

Tip Detail
Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Villareal - Panathinaikos
Selection Villareal (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 25/02/2009
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.17 (Back)
Reasoning Looking at the video previews of both teams there seems to be a clear difference in the level at which both teams play. I cant imagine Villarreal not taking the points here. They have been leaking goals at home in the league but this should be different. Good luck and god bless

Bets so far : Real - Liverpool Over 10 corners @ 2,00 - 5 units 10 corners exactly @ 8,50 - 0,7 units Villareal - Panathinaikos Goal/Goal @ 2,10 - 5 units Villareal - Panathinaikos Over 2,5 goals @ 2,33 - 4 units Villareal - Panathinaikos Over 4,5 cards @ 2,10 - 6 units Sporting + 0,25 AH @ 1,63 - 6 units Sporting - Bayern Goal/Goal @ 1,80 - 3 units Sporting - Bayern Over 2,5 goals @ 2,15 - 2 units Total 31,7 units staked Didn't post anything on Sporting - Bayern game, simply liked what I saw here BOL
I am also on the overs at the very generous odds...but beware I am on a huge losing streak...maybe some of your smarts/good luck will rub off on me...GL

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February Sporting -0 2.01 Bayern main concern is the game against Bremen next saturday. Today they will try to get the draw and take the advantage to their stadium. If they fail to win in Bremen next match then Bundesliga title will run away. So i believe Sporting will dominate the match and maybe get the lead. Panathinaikos +0.75 1.99 I agree with Pellegrino when he says Villarreal is not that favourite. They have great record in El Madrigal but this season Villarreal is a totally diferent team then the other last year that scared Real Madrid in the title race. They play well when trying to avoid goals...0-0 in Old Trafford and at home against Man Utd...1-0 against Celtic with Marcos Senna free kick goal.. when they try to play attacking football: 0-2 in Glasgow, 6-3 and 2-2 with Aalborg..this shows their defense is kinda poor...plus: Gonzalo Rodriguez and Capdevilla are missing. Pana won in Bremen and San Siro this season, they are 11 behind Olympiakos but away home they have the best record in the greek league. I rate Panathaikos as one the surprises of this season in the Champions..Karagounis is very experienced as is Gilberto Silva former Arsenal skipper. Simao, Ivanchitz, Mantzios, Cleyton are big threats too. Real Madrid - Liverpool Both teams to score 2.00 It seems that english bookies received a huge amount of money in Benitez to be sacked. Though, the big teams value comes up in the big matches...they tend to turn their game into the real one...maybe Liverpool can do that today. Real has been playing really well, conceeding very few goals, they have an amazing defense...but Liverpool has Kuyt, Torres and Gerrard...those guys can shake of any kind of match and make the diference...i believe they will score and give Madrid a very hard time today just like Juventus did.

Re: CL - Wednesday 25 February Chelsea Vs Juventus Hiddink will be delighted after winning at Villa, but will want to continue that form tonight, hopefully chelsea will be up for it tonight and will have too much movement for Juventus, after watching the Italians play, noticed they have no pace, Nedved, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Camoranesi etc.. despite being good players aren't what once were, plaus we know what Sissoko and Tiago will offer from their time in the PL. If Chelsea move the ball quickly and get Cole and Bosingwa down the flanks they could be in for a good night.Ballacks due a goal and Lampard ghosting into the box late always causes problems. Chelsea Win @ 4/5 FGS Lampard @ 13/2 EW (4places 1/3 odds) Ballack @ 10/1 EW (4places 1/3 odds)