** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL - Tuesday 24 February

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February Remember Inter at beginning season, that is in October, November, December? I have seen all the games, it was very similar to the actual manchester. I remember that the adversary was crushed in own half field and it was difficult to make him gol After christmas has begun to discuss of money, adriano drank alcohol and Balotelli wanted a new contract The team has collapsed. Serenity has now returned. Adriano is returned to be a dreadful player, it throws down the adversaries as ninepins, Ibra is in form and the midfield with Zanetti, Cambiasso, Stankovic and Muntari it is very hard and physical It will miss Samuel, but I believe that Chivu will replace well and Julio Cesar is in this moment the good gk in italia Stadium will be everything exhausted 80.000 fans and Ferguson, in Italy, doesn't have a good tradition. I see winning Mou this evening Play in Milan against Inter will be difficult, even if Manchester is a formidable team

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February With the exception of Lyon/Barcelona what we have today are three home teams who really need to get a win to give themselves a strong chance playing against an opposition that will set itself out to keep a clean sheet. Given the added element of drama that the Champions League sort of lends itself too and the fact that tiredness/panicked urgency might come into play, I am blanketly taking two bets in every game - HT Draw/FT Favourite Win and First Goal time 81-FT. Bets: Arsenal v Roma Draw/Arsenal @ 5.5 First Goal 81-FT @ 20 Atletico v Porto Draw/Atletico @ 5.9 First Goal 81-FT @ 20 Inter v Man Utd Draw/Inter @ 6 First Goal 81-FT @ 20 Lyon v Barca Draw/Barca @ 5.8 First Goal 81-FT @ 18 Also going to add Lyon/Barca HT/FT @ 30 to that list of bets, more out of instinct than anything else.

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February

I also lean toward Man U. The only reason that stops me from backing them fully is Cesar, who is in outstanding form. From the posts above it sounds like it is only SAF that has to worry, and The Special One already completed the ''revolution'' in Inter, both mentally and with results. I don't see Inter doing that much better than with Mancini, who was struggling for a budget, easily allowed for JM's buys. Unless Mourinho makes it to the semis here, what exactly makes him a better manager with this particular team? With Vidic and Rio I would have also clearly gone for Man U. SAF has 3 world class forwards available plus Ronaldo. Mourinho has to worry more, especially if Sir Alex has seen close the Inter home game vs Cagliari - sharp fast attackers can create havoc with Inter's defence. Over 4,5 cards @ 1,83 looks good to me so far. Stopping United's attack might turn a bit dirty, Manchester also might show some ''character''. BOL
@ Toronto Mike I have 2 strong reasons for not trusting fully Man U tonight. The game vs Cagliari was mentioned only as an example how tight defending and fast counters are frustrating Inter players, it could have been the game vs Werder or Pana, yet Cagliari had a show-display how to upset Mourinho. I am fully aware the game will be approached in a different way by both JM and SAF, fact is Man U have the fast forwards to play similar if the game is not going well for Inter. And I still stand by my words - no matter how good Mourinho's record is vs Sir Alex, unless he goes into the semis of CL, so far in Inter he hasn't done enough to convince me Mancini was worse. If this changes this season - hats off, but winning the title in Italy with a cushion - I have seen that. And like you said it has nothing to do with CL... @ EMIROBET Sir Alex Ferguson may not have the best record travelling to Italy, but I remember well he won one, and a very important one indeed, some years ago, 3-2 in Torino vs Juve, being 2-0 down early in the game. What followed next is CL classic... My choice is Over 4,5 cards since last night. Important game, fight in midfield, prominent goalscorers in both teams to stop, Spanish ref... BOL everyone

good point - man u i feel play differently in big CL away games than nearly any other game. SAF will field "legs & graft" rather than substance in midfield..I wouldn't be surprised to see Bergatov or Rooney chosen as lone striker with Ronaldo floating and behind that Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs and Park. I was surprised how open the recent milan Derby was with both teams creating a bagful of chances. Adriano missed his fair share & i've never been a big fan of Ibrahmovic, admittedly i haven't watched him consistently but any big game i have seen him play for club or country he has disappointed. As a strike pair, i wouldn't rate them as highly as manu attack. Centre back will be huge for manu... if O'Shea starts there i can see Inter scoring as he simply loses concentration too often against quality opposition to be trusted in this crucial position, a solid & useful squad player he is, it would be a cause for concern should he line up there. Evans however, while lacking the big CL experience i have seen more than enough to think he can do a job there. He is a more natural CB than O'Shea but needs a confident start. Mourinho is confident enough 2 think his team can go to OT and get a result so i don't see him going for the throat here, and 0-0 not bad result for Inter. SAF also i believe will be relatively cautious for him.. I haven't seen enough Inter to stake any major bets here, but 9point lead in Serie A is impressive. Overall IMO a cagey affair with two managers perhaps a little overly appreciative of each other's qualities to make any major chess moves in first leg. Small stake on 0-0 and medium stake on the under. GL All
Good write-up ! Fletcher would have been a cert starter but can't see it now. His girl friend and twins allegedly victims of vicious house burglary last night. Would'nt be surprised to see Darren back home by now.

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February Under 2.5 goals i feel will be the way to go in Inter v Man u and Arsenal V Roma, expect both games to be tight and close encounters Man u will be happy to take a draw imo, and with roma setting to defend from the off against arsenal who the selves are struggling to score recently. Bets singles in Inter V Man u @ 1.6 Arsenal v Roma @ 1.7 Gonna also place an accumulator on under 2.5 in all 4 champion league games tonight gl ;)

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February @ nicko remembered that two years ago manchester has been eliminated by Milan in the retour match to Milan(3-0)... in that occasion Manchester has been wrong completely the game and Sir Ferguson has not been able to change play during the game. Remembered that the Manchester was very a lot of stronger than the milan

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February Arsenal - Roma under 2.5 Arsenal have struggled to score in their reent domestic games especially without the likes of Fabregas, Rosicky, Adenbayor and Eduardo in their line up. Roma too are without Vucinic up front who has been scoring for them in Serie A and look for them to play a conservative game in order to set themselves up for the return leg in Rome. Athletico Madrid - Porto over 2.5 Look for an entertaining game between two teams that have a good array of talented players at their disposal who can create and score goals. However these two teams are not the best defensively so expect some goals in it. Athletico Madrid have gone over in 2 of their last 3 CL games at home, as well scoring and conceding in 4 of their last 5 CL games, while Porto have gone over in their last 3 away games in the CL. Inter Milan - Man Utd under 2.5 Expect a Man Utd side to be mro defensive than usual in this game as they have a number of injuries at the back so they will not allow themselves to be caught on th ecounter attack. With their lack of defensive cover, expect to see a lack of midfield suport in attack while Mourinho coached sides are renowned for being more defensive in their nature. Inter have gone under in their last 3 home CL games while Man Utd have gone under in their last 2 away CL games. Lyon - Barcelona over 2.5 Both teams have some very talented and creative players in thier teams so look for them to make the most of in this game where both teams have produced entertaining games in the past. In their last two meetings in Lyon, it was a 2-2 draw and a 3-2 Barcelona win. Lyon have scored two goals in their last 2 home CL games as they have also scored and conceded in 4 of their last 5 CL games while Barcelona have scored 5 goals in each of their last 2 away CL games and have gone over in 4 of their last 5 CL games including their last 3 away

The Italian league is some years behind the English and it's really' date=' really shown when United have faced Italian sides these last few years.[/quote'] Haven't United been hammered(0:3) by AC Milan the last time they played at this stadium? You seem to be way too confident when it comes to Man Utd and English Premier League in general.If you find Serie A "some years behind" EPL, then how comes that (very inconsistent) AS Roma smashed Chelsea not so long ago? You're underestimating Inter Milan too much IMO.They may not be playing some spectacular footy as they used to do a couple of years ago, but the fact's they've finally turn to be a very competitive side, also very physical and creative in the same time. Player for player, you've got two completely equal sides here.Man Utd are surely not dominant in any part of the pitch.

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February Roma +1 1.9 betfred 10 pts. I like the look of Roma here not to lose this one. They have already had success this season against English opposition and arrive into this game in much better form than the last time they played in the CL. They have won 11 of their last 15 league games and contrast that with Arsenal who may not have lost in 12 in the league but equally have been really struggling for goals and wins. Just 5 wins in those 12 games and I think yet again Wenger's worst ever Arsenal team will struggle to break down Roma here in the first leg.

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February Inter Milan -0.25 @ 2.15 (5 Units) Best in Italy vs Best in England, Blue vs Red, Jose Mourinho vs Sir Alex Ferguson. Plenty of intriguing matchups in this fixture, one that many had tip to see in the latter stages but to spice things up this round, one of the titans will have to be knocked out. Inter are again topping the table in Italy, prior to the season there was lots of internal issues due to match fixing allegations going around, whether or not Inter's titles were credible when teams such as Juventus and AC Milan suffered. Out goes Mancini, in comes Jose Mourinho the "Special One". Mourinho had seen success at one of the top leagues in the world in the EPL with Chelsea. Installing fear to a lot of opposition when visiting the Bridge, having a break wall of a midfield and defense, though the games were not beautiful to watch he knew how to get the job done. He is starting to install a very similar situation with Inter, building from the back and moving on up. Manchester Utd, the name itself you know will ALWAYS compete at the highest of standards. Again for the last few seasons, Utd has started out slowly but they gain steam and when the engines start rolling this team is just unbeatable, only a fluke goal or just mental frustration causes them to slip up some precious points. This season we've seen a collective TEAM effort. Last season we saw Ronaldo light it up from all parts of the park, however, as expected, his off season surgery has seen a dip on form....or could his mind be elsewhere with transfers? A good mix of experience and youth makes this squad extremely talented. Giggs and Scholes seem to want to play till their 40+ and rightfully so they have produced some superb performances and contributed on key occasions. Fergie has also put some faith on the youngsters such as Rafael, Evans, Nani and Rooney. Along the way the Red Devils a potent hitman in Berbatov, though he is notorious for looking lazy he actually puts out quite an effort and on his day is a very very difficult target man to mark. Defense: Inter's defense is filled with quite a few characters, one of them being Marco Materazzi but good thing he doesn't play an important role. Walter Samuel and Christian Chivu have proven to be a stellar defensive duo for Mourinho. On a side note these players were legendary for FM a few seasons back! Chivu is a proven leader, extremely organized and he is very very versatile at times we've seen him play left midfield! It is great to see Samuel at his best again, sidelined through injuries he is not proving his worth and giving back to the team that kept their faith in him. On the right will be Maicon, one of today's top Right Fullbacks. Don't think he's human sometimes with the amount he runs, just non stop and he certainly is quite a package. One gap that might prove to be an issue will be the left. This season for Inter Maxwell and the youngster Davide Santon have rotated that leftback position. They are decent players but when they have to potentially mark a player such as Ronaldo....that could pose a problem. Man Utd will need to figure out what to do without Vidic or Evans. Last I heard Evans did travel but is unlikely to start so would that mean O'Shea to partner up Rio? On paper this is a BIG BIG blow to lose out Vidic quite simply because he has been their best defensive player this season hands down. He also would of been absolutely perfect to mark Ibrahimovic, I will explain later. I can only assume Ferguson has someting up his sleeve here so perhaps Rafael-O'Shea-Rio-Evra sort of line up? Not too sure about Rafael sometimes, he can be rather erratic and get too excited but he is progressing that's for sure. Evra vs Maicon will be an interesting match, two players with great pace and venture up frequently...loads of running there. Midfield: For Inter to win this match it is absolutely crucial for them to control the midfield. There is plenty of creativity on Utd's squad to destroy any team, infact I would love to see Utd play Barca at their best but nevertheless that may happen later. Inter's midfield would consist of Cambiasso, Zanetti, Muntari and Stankovic. Only Stankovic is the more attacking minded player. Cambiasso will prove to be vital here, he needs to be on top notch tackling form and as well not get caught up with silly fouls. Muntari is another second option to play defensively though Mourinho has allowed him some more creative freedom. Captain Zanetti has been lights out this season another one of those classic footballers who works hard, leads by example and is no nonsense. Though age is catching up to him, his presence is KEY to Inter's success. He is calm, composed and always gives 110%. Man Utd's midfield is rather interesting. A very good mix of youth and width. Carrick and Scholes to settle things in the middle with their much more calm approach, Ronaldo to cause havoc on either of the wings I would presume left if Nani does play ahead of Park. I fear for Ronaldo....I honestly do because without a doubt, Mourinho has probably put a huge target on this player's back. I won't be surprised to see Inter rotate players on Ronaldo and just get him extremely frustrated. When it comes to big games....I think Ronaldo just disappears, not too sure why, is it all the attention or are the opposition just a tad bit more difficult to manuver around. But, Ronaldo isn't necessarily the key here, the midfield has to play as one collective group rather than allowing one player to do all the work, Utd is very good at getting EVERYONE involved so this is very crucial for them. Attack: Inter's attack also has some characters. Adriano has caused quite a bit of negative attention in 2008, Mourinho has given this fella quite a number of opportunities but sometimes Adriano's mentallity is not in it. The Emperor was one of the most feared strikers in the game a few seasons ago but partying, drugs, alcohol caught up with him, he lost shape and had to retrain even harder than others just to be on the team. Zlatan Ibrahimovic can be either fun or extremely frustrating to watch. Again his body language is similar to Berbatov only difference is when he looks like he's not interested...he really is not interested. He is a cheeky player when things goes his way he rubs it into the defenses, especially younger players but his main problem is he can be a little bit of a tart. Vidic would of been the best man to mark him, fantastic size, speed and also he could talk his mouth out and frustrate Zlatan. There is one player in Italy that Zlatan hates to play and that is Chellini, why? Simple the guy is on him like glue and is the one doing all the trash talking, pinching of the cheek, etc. But without Vidic today, I have a hard time witnessing who would be the one to do it. What can we say about Man Utd's attack? Ha such a selection for Ferguson, any manager would dream of, but only a few managers can handle such power as well as Ferguson. It's a shame that there has to be an odd player out at times and I wonder what goes through Tevez's mind at times. Seems like he wants to leave then commit then leave then commit. Nevertheless he is a fantastic player to watch because how many forwards do you see put out an effort like a defensive midfielder? Not too many. I think Utd's striking partnership of Berbatov and Rooney is the best one I've seen in years. Both players compliment each other, Rooney does most of the running, but Berbatov's ability to hold up the ball set up through balls makes speed and power such a lethel combination. Against the Inter defense, I believe Rooney will be the more important player. Samuel and Chivu aren't necessarily your fastest centrebacks nor do they enjoy playing against smaller players. Berbatov will not outmuscle either of those players so he must be ready to create his own space. Width wise I Utd will again require their pace of play to do all the talking here, frustrate the Inter players to committing and break them on counters. Overall: For THIS match I believe Inter are currently in better shape with their squad selection, but of course you never know with Man Utd because Fergie is such a master at man management. I think Inter's midfield is more than capable enough to contain Utd's midfield at home and with all due respect, Ronaldo is not going to enjoy playing this game at all. This is going to be very very physical and the referee needs to watch out. Inter has all the necessary players for this team but the key will be, is their head in the game as well? All talk and no play doesn't do anything especially when you play a world class team. Utd will know, keep it together, stay patient and limit the amount of turnovers, pace of play is on Utd's court, they can step it up or take it down a notch so watch for them to really try and control the pace of play. However when you have Mourinho around you know that the pace of play will be contained a very minimal rate. This is Inter's best chance to catch Utd off guard with their key missings. Though that should not be their main reason why they could beat Utd. Big games mean big game performances from one team and just a nervy one from another. I think Inter are prepared for this whereas Utd are still trying to figure out a line up. Nevertheless, an encounter to really look out for. Prediction: Inter Milan 2-0 Manchester Utd

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February Lets put this into persepctive on their day Manchester United will beat anyone thats a fact. Im a massive follower of Italian football and Inter have carried luck throughout this campaign, so much so that some pundits believe they are getting favours from the refs. However, that doest hide the fact that Inter are still a great team on their day, the biggest concern without a doubt is Evans; if he is playing. This is a massive game and although he has already played in Europe at palces like Parkhead. You can bet that Jose will be telling his players to get at Man U in the 1st 20 mins, especially the defence. United are missing in my opinion the premierships outstanding performer this season in Vidic, which is a massive blow for the teams confidence as a whole. I wouldnt be surprised if Ferguson puts extra emphasis on protecting the back four tonight due to his absence. If you offered both teams a draw they would take it. Inter know a goal at Old Trafford is worth double and Man U believe that in a one off game in front of their own fans they will be too much.

Haven't United been hammered(0:3) by AC Milan the last time they played at this stadium? You seem to be way too confident when it comes to Man Utd and English Premier League in general.If you find Serie A "some years behind" EPL, then how comes that (very inconsistent) AS Roma smashed Chelsea not so long ago? You're underestimating Inter Milan too much IMO.They may not be playing some spectacular footy as they used to do a couple of years ago, but the fact's they've finally turn to be a very competitive side, also very physical and creative in the same time. Player for player, you've got two completely equal sides here.Man Utd are surely not dominant in any part of the pitch.
Yeah, and it was a hammering indeed. Not to make excuses, but United had a thin squad, a lot of injuries and too many games than they could handle. In Milan, they looked tired and deserved to lose by that scoreline. This United is different - lots of strength in depth, better form thus better preperation. Don't get me wrong, I like Serie A, but my point still stands. Look at the UEFA Cup results, for instance. How many Italian sides disappointed? Udinese got a 2-2 draw when they deserved nothing in Poland. Sampdoria lost at home to Metalist, a side they should definitely not be losing to. Fiorentina lost at home to an Ajax side that are far from good at the current time. Is anyone but me seeing a pattern here? It seems to be a lot easier than it used to be to counter Italian tactics. United have met Roma so many times these last few years - it's either 6 or 8 in total I think - and we've only lost once. Just once. We've drawn once. We've won the rest. Whereas I don't judge all of Italy on Roma's standards, I do consider Roma a top side in Italy. Should the stats be in United's favour so much? I don't think so, personally. Roma battered a Chelsea side that weren't playing well. Do you think Roma would have battered a Mourinho Chelsea? A proper Chelsea? I'd be surprised if they did. But that's the other point - what other Italian victories have there been over English sides in the last year or so? I saw United beat Roma over 2 legs without conceding a goal. I saw Liverpool beat Inter over 2 legs without conceding a goal. I saw Arsenal beat AC Milan over 2 legs without conceding a goal. I honestly feel the leagues are become some way apart and I'm not trying to say the English league is infinitely better than the Italian because they're both good for different reasons. I just think in the last year or so the balance has shifted away from Italian sides dramatically. Maybe you're right and I do underestimate them. Our opinions can always be made fools of :). Based partially on the above though, I don't think Inter will be the match for United people expect. Knowing my luck, United will lose 4-0 now :spank

Inter Milan 2-0 Manchester Utd
Of Course your welcome to your opinion & football is all about opinions, but can i just say IMO you seem to be forgetting man utd's superior attack, were they will score, at the very least once, & one away goal will do.. It is a home game for Inter & i can see the Inter dominating the first 20 minutes but rest assured, UTD are still one of if not THE BEST on the counter attack. I dont agree with the 2-0 score line u predict Mike. Id be more inclined to go for 1-1 or 2-2 & possibly more goals. United will want to keep it tight at the beginning but If Inter score first, UTD will quickly move into 4th then 5th gear and being the world champions they are I wouldnt be surprised to see them turn the tables and have inter on the back foot. They fear no-one especially in the big games, weras Inter struggle to perform in the big atmosphere. Going back to 99 when yes UTD had a very different team and style of football, scholes scored the magical goal that condemed Inter that year, with him and carrick who is in great form, look out for them dominating midfield and playing killer pass's. Dont get me wrong I respect Inter, but they are not playing to the same standard as Man United Or Barcelona at this minute and time. For me not many Inter players put the fear in me, Mourinho does but not the players. Prediction Inter 1-1 Man Utd Ibramaovic to score 1st Rooney To Score anytime Stick ur ultras up your arse

Hi there' date=' I made a big mistake just now on a betting exchange. I mistakingly put 100 on Inter to beat utd 2-1. I have only 20 left now. Any ideas on how to minimise my losses?? Cheers for the help[/quote'] lay it back with the same price or lower price.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventInter vs Man Utd
SelectionMan Utd
Strength10/10
Date24/02/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.35 (Back)
ReasoningTeams from the Serie A just don't convince me anymore and Man Utd at near 5/2 against an overrated Inter side is far too big here. Ok, they may have injury problems but we only need to look at their league position and without a doubt they are up there as one of the best in Europe, possibly just behind Barcelona. Inter do not convince me and their strike partnership of Adriano and Ibrahimavic are two of the most overrated strikers of the modern generation IN MY opinion. Inter are simply so short because of Mourinho. Not on a betting point of view but I cannot stand that cheating twat and for once in my life, I really hope United thump them... they certainly offer great value here.

There's quite a lot I'm not getting here. I rate Mourinho very highly, he's a cracking manager, but there's only so much someone can do to a side and to a league. The Italian league is some years behind the English and it's really, really shown when United have faced Italian sides these last few years. Who on earth said United have "scraped" wins, btw? I watch United week in week out from the north stand and the only wins I've seen us scrape from the past 3 months are Stoke and Blackburn. The rest of the games we've dominated and thoroughly deserved victory, regardless of when we've scored or how many we've scored. I find it hard to see how United can batter a side who put 11 men behind the ball, which is what happens virtually every week. In fact, if I recall correctly, it's exactly what Villa did at Villa Park earlier on this season despite their attacking flair and ability, so don't dismiss the 1-0 wins so readily. Inter struggle against lesser opposition - United do on occasion but still win. That's because United are more adept at switching tactics and styles. United have a better squad than any other club I can name. Inter and United both have one notoriously sulky player - Ibrahimovic and Ronaldo. Difference is that when Zlatan doesn't play well, Inter don't play well. When Ronaldo doesn't play well, United still win. It would have been different last year, but now it's this year and United are different. That, I feel, is very important. Haha of course Ronaldo doesn't turn up in big games though - he only scored at the Champions League final! He only scored a vital away goal in Rome at the start of last year! He only scored a vital home goal against Lyon at the start of last year! He only won us a penalty in Barcelona (which, fair enough, wasn't coverted) as well as what should have been a second penalty through his sheer ability! He ripped the hell out of Essien in the Champs League final and anyone but anyone that dimisses him as being a nobody in the big games really needs to take a step back and think what they're saying. There are only 3 players in the world you can never dismiss when viewing a club's ability to win a game - Ronaldo, Messi and Kaka. That is because they are the best, and they're the best for a reason. All that aside though, be careful with this game. I fancy a sly away win but you will probably put that down to me being biased. I watch United and Inter most weekends and the least I can see tomorrow is a draw. Ferdinand is playing and United will definitely miss Vidic - easily the best defender i've ever seen at winning the ball in the air. Inter will look to exploit that and will probably have some joy too. That said, I think Fergie is playing mind games already - I think Evans will be fine for this game. I didn't think he was injured when he went off against Blackburn and I don't think he is now. Still, time makes fools of us all, eh? Btw, I think Fletcher will play for United - Fergie likes to use him in big games and especially against Italian clubs. Good luck to you all. P.S. Anyone else think Villarreal will draw 0-0 with Panathinaikos?
Scraping wins may not be the best phrase to describe United's recent form, or in general this season, but you have not been as fluent as you were last year, that is certain. I'm best pals with a United ST holder and watch them regularly. When you come up against a side with a decent defence and midfield you struggle to create chances, let alone score goals. Spurs, Villareal and Villa are all examples of this. Also, you failed to beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool earlier in the season. Vidic looks to be more influential than Ferdinand, especially this season. He's been pivotal to your defensive record this year as he has been virtually the only ever present in the back 4. His absence on Saturday proved you are not the same at the back and looked pretty shaky throughout the game. Rafael could be the weak link. I watched Shaun Maloney rape him in the first half at Parkhead earlier this season and he'll be up against a far better quality of player this time around. I can't see Inter losing but they'll have to take their chances when they come along to win the game.

Of Course your welcome to your opinion & football is all about opinions, but can i just say IMO you seem to be forgetting man utd's superior attack, were they will score, at the very least once, & one away goal will do.. It is a home game for Inter & i can see the Inter dominating the first 20 minutes but rest assured, UTD are still one of if not THE BEST on the counter attack. I dont agree with the 2-0 score line u predict Mike. Id be more inclined to go for 1-1 or 2-2 & possibly more goals. United will want to keep it tight at the beginning but If Inter score first, UTD will quickly move into 4th then 5th gear and being the world champions they are I wouldnt be surprised to see them turn the tables and have inter on the back foot. They fear no-one especially in the big games, weras Inter struggle to perform in the big atmosphere. Going back to 99 when yes UTD had a very different team and style of football, scholes scored the magical goal that condemed Inter that year, with him and carrick who is in great form, look out for them dominating midfield and playing killer pass's. Dont get me wrong I respect Inter, but they are not playing to the same standard as Man United Or Barcelona at this minute and time. For me not many Inter players put the fear in me, Mourinho does but not the players. Prediction Inter 1-1 Man Utd Ibramaovic to score 1st Rooney To Score anytime Stick ur ultras up your arse
You've clearly just stated being bias so there's no point even remotely discussing it with you, so good health to you on the play.

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February I am liking the look of Lyon tonight. Seen a real improvement by Lyon in the league of late. No more dropping stupid points. Barcelona to me (Been saying this for a few weeks now) look burnt out. Their early season exploits have run there tole and they're conceding conceding conceding. Barcelona miss a very underated but brilliant player tonight in Iniesta.;)

@ EMIROBET Sir Alex Ferguson may not have the best record travelling to Italy, but I remember well he won one, and a very important one indeed, some years ago, 3-2 in Torino vs Juve, being 2-0 down early in the game. What followed next is CL classic...
@EMIROBET 3 REASONS for writting these lines: - first - in another thread you openly stated you are an Juve fan, simply wanted to add some spice here, no bad feelings at all, and I thought you will appreciate the sarcastic touch in it. If you didn't, well then, sorry mate, but I thought it is funny somehow :ok - second - all records are subject to breaking/changing, otherwise there will be no records whatsoever; - SAF's stats so far make no difference at all in this particular game, i.e. you don't think Ferguson sat last night sleepless, thinking ''Wow, I've got a bad record in Italy, bad omen...'', do you? BOL tonight

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February Arsenal Vs Roma Arsenal are different team when playing in Europe, think it suits their style of play much better, even with several key players missing, think RVP and Bentner can cause Roma enough problems, Roma haven't convinced me when playing in England previously against English opposition, both Chelsea and Man U opened them up. Arsenal Win @ Evens Nicklas Bendtner FGS @ 15/2 EW (4places @ 1/3 odds) Denilson FGS @ 18/1 EW(4places @ 1/3 odds) Inter Milan Vs Man United Was impressed enough with Inter's display in the derby, i think they are a cut above the other teams in Serie A, as their domestic record over the last 4/5 years has proved, the same can of course be said for Man U, think alot has been made over these injury problems, and the comments before the game,about which team will/wont attack or defend is all pre-match rubbish, neither Mourinho or Mr Ferguson will want to lose this match and it has draw written all over it. Draw @ 2/1 plus no goalscorer @ 7/1

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February Hello all, my attempts for tonight: Atletico Madrid - Porto: 1 @ 1.95 It is true that Atletico lately has had a not great time in Liga, but tonight the whole team, supporters and society will want to prove they really have a chance to do well in the "Great" Europe! Porto is maybe the not the greatest side of all the CL (expecially away), so in my opinion Atletico tonight stand some chances and the odds are good enough. Arsenal - Roma: X @ 3.25, Both teams to score @ 1.80. This will be an intersting match, I will be most probably watching it live on TV. Arsenal will be missing Adebayor, but in my opinion that they have enough offensive midfielders able to score. On the opposite side we have Roma, that probably will try to score, since they had very very severe lessons in UK last years in CL, and maybe they learnt something. I think this could be a furious match on the start with attacks and counterattacks on both sides, that could lead to some goals scored. After this things may calm down and flow toward a draw. Inter - Manchester UTD: X @ 3.15, 0-0 exact result @ 7.00, (both teams to score @ 1.80, just to have a bit of "cautiousness" for my budget in this match :-) ) Probably the best of Italy (even if I am definitely not an Inter's supporter) vs best of UK as many posters already said. It will be a tight match, fought on tactics. Inter apparently seems to be at best of its shape now, Manchester maybe at 90% of its physical shape. The fear to take a goal could lead to a draw and the odds are definitely not bad in my opinion. Lyon - Barcelona: 1 @ 3.50 Lyon is ready to fight the match of the life in their home turf. Lyon has lot of "forgotten" talents (like Benzema and Juninho) and Barcelona is risking to ruin a great start of season with latest "non-top" performances, as Real could restart again to be a worry for them in their Liga. So Lyon in my opinion could take advantage of this pressure on Barca, boosted by home supporters. Good Luck to anyone!

Re: CL - Tuesday 24 February I like the look of Inter tonight. Inter are due for a big win in the CL @home. Serie A is a much better league this season than last. Inter now have someone who has tactical knowldege and seems to understand Sir Alex's plans. Sans Vidic, Man U will lack the physicality to contain Adriano and Zlatan. I see a 2-1 scoreline, a result that leaves the tie wide open.

Scraping wins may not be the best phrase to describe United's recent form, or in general this season, but you have not been as fluent as you were last year, that is certain. I'm best pals with a United ST holder and watch them regularly. When you come up against a side with a decent defence and midfield you struggle to create chances, let alone score goals. Spurs, Villareal and Villa are all examples of this. Also, you failed to beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool earlier in the season. Vidic looks to be more influential than Ferdinand, especially this season. He's been pivotal to your defensive record this year as he has been virtually the only ever present in the back 4. His absence on Saturday proved you are not the same at the back and looked pretty shaky throughout the game. Rafael could be the weak link. I watched Shaun Maloney rape him in the first half at Parkhead earlier this season and he'll be up against a far better quality of player this time around. I can't see Inter losing but they'll have to take their chances when they come along to win the game.
It's true that at the start of the season, we were struggling. However, all the games you mentioned were in the first 1-3 months of the season. There hasn't been any of that since, perhaps barring Stoke or Blackburn, both of which we won. I actually think sides have become even more defensive against us than ever before - look at Villa away and Tottenham away - both sides had 11 men behind the ball at all times. It's a shame really 'cause both sides are capable of playing good football but the intent just seems to be stopping United playing. However, we have adjusted to that mindset and have now started breaking sides down again. Chelsea was a prime example of that in January. Vidic is a bigger miss than Ferdinand, I agree entirely. We did struggle without him against a physical Blackburn side. I don't think Maloney was that overpowering against Rafael in that game - Celtic didn't see the ball after the 20th minute, and I'd like to say I was exaggerating but I honestly don't believe I am. I do agree that Rafael's positioning is questionable at times as is his tendency ability to lunge into tackles but he's a kid and will learn. He was exploited against Blackburn though. However, he's injured tonight so won't be playing. Incidentally, was it just me who thought Fergie was playing mind games with this hesitancy on defenders being named tonight? Seems Evans and O'Shea both start! :cheers