Best bet of the day - 19/10

Race: 16.15 Ayr Selection: Panama at Once I had part ownership in this horse last year but unfortunately he was plagued by injury problems and didnt run. Sod's law that almost as soon as the share period ended, he regained full fitness and has run like we knew he was capable of the last twice. These last two runs have convinced me he is as good as I originally thought, and I have no problems with Napping this horse today. After 2 falls since returning from injury, Panama then ran at one of Joss Saville's favourite tracks, Newcastle and jumped like he did before he got injured. It was a joy to watch as he gained 1/2 a length out of the field at every fence. Fortunately, he had the speed and stamina to go with the jumping and came out of the fog to take the prize. He was 25/1 that day, but I can assure you he wasnt totally unfancied ! That was over 3 miles on heavy going, and he shaped like a real stayer. I used to think 3 miles was his ideal trip, but after that run, I began to wonder whether he could stay further. The trainer, Joss Saville, obviously felt the same was, as next time he was sent to Bangor for a competitive 3m 6f slog in the mud. It was hard work for them all that day, but Panama ran with a great deal of promise, staying on to be 2nd. I think that the trip was just a bit too far considering the heavy ground, but I wouldnt rule out him staying it in the future when the going is firmer. Back on to the race tomorrow, and I really believe Panama can go in again. He has gone up 9 lb in the ratings, but I dont feel that is enough to stop him winning. He drops back down to 3 miles and yet again takes his chance on heavy ground. He has already proved he enjoys the stamina sapping tests, so I have no worries about him getting home tomorrow. I also fear that a few of his rivals will struggle to show their true form inthe conditions, and that makes Panama stand out even more as a bet. If any more positives were needed, Denis O Regan provides that final convincer. You cant take anything away from Tom Messenger who rode Panama brilliantly the last twice, but having O Regan on board convinces me that Joss Saville expects this horse to go very close again tomorrow. Something Silver may represent good value as a saver. He enjoys the heavy ground and in my opinion, will stay this trip with relative ease. WIN please BH Good luck all :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.