Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 16/02/09

mowgli77

Catch Me 2.45 Navan Course winner, has won on heavy, won over 1f less but also won over 3m, will start odds on fav and 7 of the last 10 winners were also odds on favourites. Has also won at Grade 1 and beaten Brave Inca, Hardy Eustace, Aitmatov and Muirhead. I really like Oscar Rebel but not on these terms.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 16/02/09 4.40 Wolverhampton Class 6 handicap over just short of 1m2f, with 13 expecting to face the starter. A very open heat with no definite fav and quite a few here to have reservations abouts. 3 of those that will be vying for favouritism had very wide draws in Agilete, Inside Story and Pelham Crescent, that's enough to put me off them. Emerald Rock comes straight from maiden company so I cannot have that either. Strike Force has a chance, now reunited with Jack Mitchell, who has won twice on the horse but the one for me is: Penang Cinta (RPF 13/2) - A really consistent horse but it has paid for this, not winning for just short of 2 years. However, tomorrow could see all that change. The horse goes back down to Class 6 company and sees it racing back at its last winning trip, over C&D, and just 1lb above that mark it won off all that time ago. Has been in the first 5 on its last 9 starts and gradually its mark has weakened. Has been raced at around 12f in the last months but now dropped back a couple of furlongs for this race. Campaigned in Class 4 and 5 company, off marks in and around 65. Is now back to just 61 and in Class 6, could go very close. After a couple of months off, returned at Kempton 19 days ago and finished 5th of 12 that day in this grade, off 62. Although that wasn't a fantastic run, it did record a good Topspeed figure and plugged on well over a trip too far. The track doesn't suit either and I think it will be better suited back at Wolverhampton. Jockey and stable both amongst the winners recently, and the combo looks in tip top form. Anything around 7's should be taken as I fancy this horse to return to the winners enclosure. EW

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.