Best Bet of the Day 9/2

RussP

1.40 Wolverhampton A pretty low grade affair, a Class 6 0-52 handicap, with 12 runners competing over 7f. Any one of 5 horses here could start favourite and I strongly believe the winner will come from these 5. I'm opposing Aggbag as it seems an inconsistent type, Mr Rev is still a maiden whilst Stargazy has it to prove from outside draw and a very inexperienced 7lb claimer. Just Jimmy has solid claims but always seems to find 1 or 2 too good even when conditions suit. Therefore, the one I'm on is: Inka Dancer (RPF 7/1) - I really think this horse has a good chance today. Draw on the inside in stall 1, it will be able to obtain a nice early position and that could be crucial early doors. Raced off much higher marks and ran well of them too. Very little recent form to go on and was lightly raced in 2008 but I'm sweet on this horses chances based on its last run. Was dropped to todays mark for that race, and raced over just 6f (seems better at 7f). Had Catherine Gannon in the saddle that day, the horse broke well and settled in 2nd/3rd but got shuffled back through the pack as it seemed a little outpaced. However, made a strong run on the inside off the home turn and looked a real danger until snatched up just inside the final furlong. In the end, finished 3L 6th but would surely have finished much closer with a clear run. Also looked to stay on well so I'm confident the extra furlong will play to its strengths too. That was its first run for over 100 days so extra fitness today also a plus. Add to that a very positive jockey booking who is 5 from 15 in the last 14 days, including winners at 20/1, 14/1 & 12/1, I'm pretty happy to play EW on this horse. Unsure on what the price will be but anything around 7/1 should be taken. EW

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 4.30 Wolverhampton Keepsgettingbetter ran encouraginly on his debut in a course and distance seller when he led but was headed 1f out. For his next run he raced over a mile at Great Leighs when again leading before fading 1f out. His last run came in a maiden over course and distance and he was disappointing, but I think he is worth another chance here for a couple of reasons. Firstly, he now qualifies for a handicap mark, and I think he has a chance off 62 bearing in mind the form of his debut when he finished a neck behind Barkass (a handicap winner off 63 in October) and two and a half lengths infront of Kingsholm, who franked the form with a next time out win off 63 at Southwell. Those bits of form suggest he could be well handicapped, and the second important factor for me is the application of first time blinkers. Headgear could focus his attention a little better and enable him to see out his races right to the end. He isn't ideally drawn in stall 9, but racing over 1m 1f 103y he should still have time to find his ideal racing position and with Chris Catlin on top he should be given every chance. 10/1 seems a fair price to me (Bet 365) so I'm on. 1 pt win

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.