Southwell 5th February '09

Re: Southwell 5/2 1.00 Southwell I'm having a punt on Nautical here. The 6/4 fav Safebreaker is no worldbeater and offers no value IMO so happy to take a chance on this to a few pence. Traditionally a polytrack sprinter, he has recently started to compete on fibresand and has hinted that a step up in trip may help. Over 6f here on 6th Jan when second "held up, headway on inner over 2f, stayed on final furlong" and then over 7f here a week later, "towards rear, headway on inner over 2f out, stayed on towards finish." He runs off a mark of 48 here, and has the ability to win off that, given he's won off 55 in the past. Admittedly, he's on the decline, but this is Southwell and anything can happen. 12/1 Blue Sq 1.30 Southwell Incomparable looks tasty at the prices IMO as he has been running very consistently over five furlongs and has only really disappointed when stepped up to six. He is only 2 lbs higher than when winning over CD in Nov last year and he's been looking competitive off his current mark of 69 on his last two starts. He looks the bet of the card to me. 11/2 Bet 365 2.00 Southwell Don Pele looks to be running off a fair weight and won over CD recently. Seems to go well on the surface too and generally goes well in the grade. 4/1 bet 365 2.30 Southwell I've been following Sabancaya for all of her last three runs. I erroneously thought she would go unpenalised for her win last time but it came in an amateurs and not apprentices race as I thought, and she carries a 6 lb penalty today. Anyway, I don't fancy her over this trip. Over 14f I'd back here, but not over 2 m today. I think Three Boars could go well instead, as he's proven to stay this far and 8 lbs lower than his last win (mar '08) which came in a higher grade over CD. 6/1 blue sq 3.00 Southwell Kinigi goes well here and picked up a couple of races over CD for her old trainer. She was then 5th when forced wide here and then 5th again when last seen. However, I hope Ron Harris can work his usual magic and that she'll be raring to go again after a little break. 8/1 skybet 3.30 Southwell Smarty Socks is in my notebook and one I was following before she was put away for a break. She took advantage of a lenient mark when starting a winning sequence off 60 at Leicester in October and has followed up with a couple of wins since, either side of a solid effort in large field Doncaster handicap. She still looks well in based on her old form, goes well on the surface and should be tough to beat. 2/1 paddypower 4.00 Southwell Sweet jesus. This looks dire with duckeggs galore in the form figures :lol Komreyev Star has a couple of CD wins to his name and may have possibly needed the last run when fading as he'd only had the one run since returning from a break. 12/1 paddypower 4.30 Southwell Boundless Prospect - showed he can go further than a mile when winning at Wolv last time out (albeit a claimer). Has form here over a mile to suggest he goes on the ground. Only 3 lbs higher than last handicap win. 7/1 bet 365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.