Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

Just took Verdasco at 190. Have a feeling he will go very close to upsetting Murray, who I am beginning to think struggles against left-handers. (Melzer, Nieminen have taken sets off him in the past, only one once against Nadal), and Verdasco is in good form, worth a shot. Baghdatis looks like superb value tonight as well (3.85 Betfair). Have thought Djokovic has looked fragile all tournament and Baggy has the game that can finally punish him for it. Well done Mr. I on Bartoli and JMDP, and lets hope more to come. :clap
Verdasco 3-0 for me. Around 30to1 .. ill place $200 on it. im going to put it together with Monfils & Tsonga. :) wish me luck
  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verdasco 3-0 for me. Around 30to1 .. ill place $200 on it. im going to put it together with Monfils & Tsonga. :) wish me luck
Good luck mate, can get Verdasco 3-0 at 40/1 on Betdirect and Stanjames I think the 13/8 for Verdasco +2.5 sets is worth a look or +1.5 at 3/1 :ok

Cheers guys:ok Have to say I'm surprised the amount of you talking up Verdascos chances, throughout the tournament and now against Murray. I just don't see it:\
murray suffering from illness. murray wont be fresh. VERDASCO's pumping wid confidence . beat stepanek or w/e 6-4 6-0 6-0 That just shows, he really is "hot sauce" .. at the moment.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning i thought fed was going out today but sadly:cryberdych threw it away but he is surely going to have to raise his game if he wants to win this tournament ive backed delpotro anyone know of his head to head record against fed bartoli was very impressive:okthe womens is wide open does anyone think gonzalez can beat nadal as nadal better on clay come on djokivic:hope

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning a punt that's well worth taking in my eyes. is Gonzalez to beat Nadal currently best priced 9's with Bet 365. Although Nadal holds the advantage over him on Clay, which you would expect. they have played each other 3 times on Hard surfaces, with Gonzalez winning twice with significance in the 2007 Aussie Open. and at 9's is worthy of a bet.

murray suffering from illness. murray wont be fresh. VERDASCO's pumping wid confidence . beat stepanek or w/e 6-4 6-0 6-0 That just shows, he really is "hot sauce" .. at the moment.
6-4 6-0 6-0 most likely shows that Stepanek gave up:ok Can I get a link to info on Murrays illness? Just read his interview after the Melzer match and he made no mention of it:unsure

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning who do you think will win the womens title i am on dementiava at 8/1 lots of shocks venus out ivanvic out jankovic out the australian open is the strongest best tournament thanks for the info regarding del potro i wasnt very impressed with him i think i might have done my money:wall is nadal vulnerable on hard courts ?:hope

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Nadal is vunerable on hard courts but over 5 sets is very tough to beat. Gonzalez has the exact style that does well against him on hard (Gonzlez, Berdych, Youzhny, Monfils etc) and destroyed him in Aus Open 2007. But Nadal has improved a lot since then and Nadal beat him 3-0 on hard in the Olympic final. Also concerned that Gonzalez had a very tough match against Gasquet (also 5 sets v Hewitt) and you don't want to be even a little bit tired against Nadal. I'm surprised Gonzalez is as big a price as he is (10.00 was available last night) but I'm not sure how I'm going to play that game:unsure.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Gonzalez has some really nasty looking blisters on his left foot. They're going to cause him problems particularly with the amount of running he's going to have to do against Nadal. Gasquet was suffering as well for most of that epic 5th set. Fair play to them for bashing it out. Whoever wins between Baggy and Djokovic, they're going to be wrecked for the next round, specially if it goes to 5, and I hope it does. I quite fancy Azarenka to pull off another shock. Or at least take a set. I was hoping for much better odds to be honest, similar to Bartoli's last night. Serena could turn up with the heavy guns but she still does not look close to 100%, slaughtered by Dementieva, almost beaten by Stosur and Wozniacki, tested at times by Dulko and Peng here. Azarenka has started this year perfectly, and I think she's going to have a cracking season.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Dokic's price is reasonably big. Safina has been dreadful at times, very lucky last night against Cornet (in floods of tears afterwards aww:cry) and is all over the place mentally. All the momentum is with Dokic and she'll have the crowd behind her again. Reckon I'm going for the +1.5 set handicap. It has served me well so far.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning MEDINA GARRIGUES @ 2.00 VC. Suarez Navarro got the incredible win over Venus, then backed it up nicely but I'm looking for a letdown here. I said at the start of the year she's very poor on hard courts and despite the wins I'm still willing to say that. Medina Garrigues is a much better hard court player, and should be a decent fav here. She too has some nice wins here, over Pennetta, Coin (who is improving) and local girl Holland. CIBULKOVA @ 3.40 Sportingbet. Looking for another big upset here. Demetieva hasn't been too impressive in this tournament, dropping a set to Barrios and having a very tough 2 setter against Stosur. I think winning 2 warm up tournaments will catch up with her and it could be tonight. Cibulkova has started the year really well, in Hopman Cup and some crushing performances here and a decent win over Razzano. H2H is 1-1 both on hard courts last year, Dementieva winning a 3 setter in Miami and Cibulkova winning later in the year in Montreal. AZARENKA @ 3.00 Betfair. Market is moving towards Azarenka and it's understandable. Serena hasn't been very good this year, in Sydney she was awful and here has had some little problems against opponents she should crush. Azarenka will be a real test and is in great form, having won Brisbane and has been very comfortable so far against decent opposition in Kvitova and Mauresmo.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning hello boys! another guru tip! my over on baghdatis djokovic match...i hope raved not to become angry coz i say this here and not in the chat thread:lol well i watched tis big match from british eurosport, the commentators of this channel are always in top level, however, to make my own conclusions, i slowed down the volume, and i was just watching, watching and watching... i gift my results to all readers of this forum 1.djokovic is a true champion 2. he is massively improved compare to last year, he is mature player now 3. baghdatis would beat today any other player of the tour except djokovic why? this the key factor because djokovic boys, IS THE BEST RETURNER EVER i tip my hut to serbian, he was returning almost all, baghdatis was attacking with all possible ways, forehands, backhands, tremendous shooting power, djoko was returning almost all, INCLUDING baghdatis first serve, yes including first serve i was with the impression that murray is the best returner of the circuit NO CHANCE.....Djokovic is by far the best my tip QUARTERFINALS Djokovic to beat Roddick reasons: see above, the equation is simple: roddick's major weapon is serve djokovic would return above any expectations and break him = djokovic will win easily i go with all my bank on this match, i advice you to do the same price 1.50 or more GIFT not to be refused good night boys :dude

BARTOLI @ 4.5 totesport. Looking for another big upset here. Bartoli has looked very good so far, coming through a couple of tough tests. She looks slimmer than at the end of last season, and hitting very well. Jankovic has been a bit unconvincing so far. She hasn't dropped a set, but had trouble with Flipkens and Sugiyama and this is going to be a much tougher test. H2H is 3-3 including Bartolis win in a cracking match at Wimbeldon 2007.
thanks for this one Mr I:clap, followed you in.:beer i thought i regonised her, i remember having a tenner on her at wimbledon couple years back against Henin in the semi's, think it was matched at 38 inplay after she lost the 1st set.

AZARENKA @ 3.00 Betfair. Market is moving towards Azarenka and it's understandable. Serena hasn't been very good this year' date= in Sydney she was awful and here has had some little problems against opponents she should crush. Azarenka will be a real test and is in great form, having won Brisbane and has been very comfortable so far against decent opposition in Kvitova and Mauresmo.
2008 Charleston 16 Clay (O) V.ZVONAREVA 4-6 6-4 1-6
2008 Stuttgart 16 Hard (I) V.ZVONAREVA 2-6 0-6
2008 Linz SF Hard (I) V.ZVONAREVA 0-6 1-6
Thoughts?
Yeah, time to take Serena on at these odds IMO. :ok Poor H2H (1-6) for Bartoli but I still suspect the odds don't pay enough respect for how well she's going - extremely impressive yesterday.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning I'm on Murray 3-0 and Murray -6.5 both at 2.02 He loves playing lefties and against 1 dimensional ball-bashers like Verdasco. His defences are just too solid for that sort of player. He leads the h2h 5-0 in main tour matches. It's very hot out there too and that will favour Murray. I remember Verdasco having big trouble with the heat when he faced Stepanek in the 4th round of Wimbledon in 2006 and when he played Murray here in 07.