Kempton 10/1/09

2.45 Kempton

The 5/2 on offer for Zuwaar looks a decent price (edit, that was last night, now 15/8) and the Ian Williams trained gelding bids for the hat-trick here. He was backed off the boards back in November so someone clearly knew he was about to find his feet, and although he flopped that day, he’s won twice since and seems to be progressive. He stayed on well to beat Irish Ballad next time out when stepped up in trip at Wolverhampton, and at the same course, also won last time out staying on under strong pressure to beat Squirtle. He gets this trip no problem, acts on the polytrack and having been raised only 3 lbs for his latest win he looks to have a big chance racing in the same grade once again. I see no reason to desert him here.

Re: Kempton 10/1/09 2:15 - Davids Mark I wrote this about him lto 'Has never raced around Great Leighs but has good form on all-weather tracks, He came back in middle October after a short break and was backed quite well but couldn't land any blows under David Probert. Was backed well again in his last run and ran a little bit better finishing 4th of 10 runners, He runs well over this 6f distance and Andrea Atzeni is booked to ride today claiming 5. He could run better again today and I don't think it would take much improvement to win this race.' He finished 5th of 12 runners that day but im willing to give this horse another chance over the 6f at Kempton, He runs much better at this track. @ 8/1 Ladbrokes

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.