** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Greece 7.01.09

Panserraikos v Iraklis. Despite concerns that this game may be called off at late notice, There must be value to be had in the overs markets here. While Greek games are notorious for low scoring boring affairs, these two sides aren't exactly the most boring proposition ever! With the Greek leagues being so one sided, this match could have strange results for either should they win. 15th placed Panserraikos lie just one point off the bottom but could move above Crete and to withing a point of Asteras with a win while Iraklis who currently lie in 12th could move to within a point of European placings with a win such is the close proximity of their rivals Panserraikos have gone overs in 2 of their last five matches and the other 3 have produced 2 goals while Iraklis have gone overs in 2 of the last five also with two more having two goals and the other resulted in a 1-0 win last time out. A game like this would normally expect overs to be priced at around 2.3 or 2.4 but Betfair layers frightened of odd weather in Greece have pushed that price out to 3.0 which is huge. I backed this myself earlier last night at 2.92 and thought that was an extreme price. While there is no doubt that this could end 0-0, the circumstances are more interesting on overs at such a price. I doubt any game in anycountry that there is something to play for such have 3.0 as a price for overs. Going for what I consider to be the value Panserraikos v Iraklis +2.5 goals @ 3.00 Betfair (€452 available)