** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: Capitala World Championship 1st - 3rd Jan

Tennis is back:cow:cow:cow:cow. This is a new exhibition event which replaces Kooyong and is live on Sky. This year I plan on writing a bit less than I did last year, and trading more which means less selections I'll be writing about. However, I hope that means I can improve quality a litttle. Last year I was running at about 8% yield to level stakes for most of the year before a bad run towards the end dropping down to 6.5%. This year I hope to be able to get around 8-10% which is optimistic but IMO doable. Different from last year I hope to keep a YTD record in the weekly threads based on 1pt level stakes on all selections. RODDICK @ 2.10 Stan James. Pretty standard price, but looks OK to me. Roddick has won Kooyong the past 3 years including a win over Federer which indicates he takes these exhibition events pretty seriously and maybe that his game doesn't need as many matches to get going as a rythem player like Davydenko would. H2H is 5-1 to Roddick with Davy taking the last one in Miami 2008 when he was really in the zone. Anything odds-against is good enough for me to take Roddick.

Re: Tennis: Capitala World Championship 1st - 3rd Jan

Tennis is back:cow:cow:cow:cow. This is a new exhibition event which replaces Kooyong and is live on Sky. This year I plan on writing a bit less than I did last year, and trading more which means less selections I'll be writing about. However, I hope that means I can improve quality a litttle. Last year I was running at about 8% yield to level stakes for most of the year before a bad run towards the end dropping down to 6.5%. This year I hope to be able to get around 8-10% which is optimistic but IMO doable. Different from last year I hope to keep a YTD record in the weekly threads based on 1pt level stakes on all selections. RODDICK @ 2.10 Stan James. Pretty standard price, but looks OK to me. Roddick has won Kooyong the past 3 years including a win over Federer which indicates he takes these exhibition events pretty seriously and maybe that his game doesn't need as many matches to get going as a rythem player like Davydenko would. H2H is 5-1 to Roddick with Davy taking the last one in Miami 2008 when he was really in the zone. Anything odds-against is good enough for me to take Roddick.
hello man! nice to meet you again ...however stay defence, i will come here with news...see you later:ok

Re: Tennis: Capitala World Championship 1st - 3rd Jan Hi Mr Intensity good luck in your bet/s My 1st bets of the 2009 season iam laying Federer in the outright market at 2.68 Betfair with the view that he will lose a few matches and his price will go out so i can back back at a bigger price to lock in a profit. Federer 2pts lay at 2.68 Betfair. 2nd bet is backing James Blake outright winners market ,only got £2 at 34 Betfair the odds are crazy ,he wont win it well i cant really say that as anything is poss but i cant see him getting thrashed every game thats for sure,so hoping he wins one match and his odds come in and then can lay back for profit. 3rd bet is 1pt back of Blake v Murray at 4.30 Betfair,odds are value imv as anything can happen after the break. Good luck whatever you bet.

Re: Tennis: Capitala World Championship 1st - 3rd Jan Good luck guys:ok

My 1st bets of the 2009 season iam laying Federer in the outright market at 2.68 Betfair with the view that he will lose a few matches and his price will go out so i can back back at a bigger price to lock in a profit. Federer 2pts lay at 2.68 Betfair.
You know the format mate? It's not a round robin. Federer is in the semis and plays the winner of Murray/Blake.

Re: Tennis: Capitala World Championship 1st - 3rd Jan Best of luck with your tennis tipping in 2009 :hope Mr.I. I follow your picks whole past year,only yours,plus some statistic!(nice profit) I'm so glad that tennis is back and your posts too. I'll involve in some tennis threads this year,trying to contribute with my humbly tennis knowledge :ok

Re: Tennis: Capitala World Championship 1st - 3rd Jan Early days Mr Intensity,for me the real stuff dont start until the 5th thats when you get the good odds and people backing favs blind and giving the odds out big style on Betfair on players they no nowt about love this game,are you betting anything else in this small comp or waiting until next week,Giles Simon is 60 at Betfair just now ive got some on him allready hes to high at the odds for me he could reach the 1/4s and his odds will come in for a nice lay back for a profit:ok

Re: Tennis: Capitala World Championship 1st - 3rd Jan Taking this now as it's too big and will surely drop. DAVYDENKO @ 2.62 Will Hill. Davy looked sharp against Roddick, the court seems to suit and he's had a match which is a plus. We don't know what shape Nadal is in and this can be a bad match up for him. He hasn't played since having to retire against Davy in Paris and it's a really tough opener. Don't expect much above 2.20 to be available tomorrow.

Re: Tennis: Capitala World Championship 1st - 3rd Jan MURRAY @ 2.23 Betfair (actually layed Fed @ 1.81). H2H here is 4-2 to Murray with Feds only wins coming in Murrays first final in 2005 and Murrays first slam final last year at the US Open. Murray got 3 wins over Fed last year and this always looks like a decent match up for him. He seems to read the Federer serve extremely well and should get into a lot of Feds service games. Another match where we can't be sure of Feds condition or sharpness, whereas Murray spent a nice hour pissing all over James Blake today:tongue2.

Re: Tennis: Capitala World Championship 1st - 3rd Jan can not have any idea here, players are coming from long preparation's period, we dont know who is already in good shape its a crucial season for federer this one, lets see today what fish he can catch as for murray, it is difficult imo to repeat such a dream season, i expect less this year from him... very good tournament is starting tomorrow at brisbane, very strong line-up i will have my watch there happy new year to all :ok

Murray beats him again, and surprise, surprise Federer didnt try. strange phenomenon this eh ? :tongue2
Do not take it too seriously, surely neither Federer nor Murray gave even their 70 %. It's hard to predict such show-matches, although I think Rafa will beat Davydenko. But I'm not prepared to bet, even if I'm hungry for tennis betting. Hoffman Cup - interesting event, today Simon will destroy Lu. Does anybody knows something more, an official site of Hoffmans cup, and don't have much information about it.

did you watch the match?
Every ball. It was a very good high quality exhibition. Fed was nearly 5-1 down in the third and did well to come back, again coming back in the tie break. He missed a few forehands, but he always misses forehands when pressured, it cost him a few matches last year that it didn't in the years before.

Re: Tennis: Capitala World Championship 1st - 3rd Jan NADAL @ 1.72 VC. Very impressive from Nadal today. He took a couple of games to get going but after that he was excellent. H2H is 5-1 to Nadal with Murray winning the last at the US Open, but those conditions will never suit Nadal. Murray had a tough match (even though it's an exhibition) against Federer and was feeling his back a bit, didn't look like an issue but is a slight plus for Nadal backers. Market is moving slightly to Nadal (1.72 was common a few hours ago now it's only @ VC) and I think he should be around 1.60.

Re: Tennis: Capitala World Championship 1st - 3rd Jan hello again mr intensity just to say that murray himself explained that there isnt any back problem at all...just nothing...i am sure you are aware of that, because if you are not, who is after all ??:clap i said that i m not expecting too much from murray this year...but jesus to beat nadal it is WITHIN THE program:dude murray ole ole to beat nadal , my stakes are minimal, couldnt be high Murray for me, all the way :loon