** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup* To Qualify

Bagzi

Wednesday 18 February 2009 Team 1 Team 2 BPP
Zenit v Stuttgart (15:00GMT) 1.66 2.40 101.67 % Details »
Hide « Zenit v Stuttgart
AaB v Deportivo (17:00GMT) 3.35 1.33 104.85 % Details »
Hide « AaB v Deportivo
Aston Villa v CSKA Moscow (17:00GMT) 1.80 2.25 100.00 % Details »
Hide « Aston Villa v CSKA Moscow
Bordeaux v Galatasaray (17:00GMT) 2.00 2.00 100.00 % Details »
Hide « Bordeaux v Galatasaray
Braga v Standard Liège (17:00GMT) 3.35 1.40 101.28 % Details »
Hide « Braga v Standard Liège
Dynamo Kyiv v Valencia (17:00GMT) 3.00 1.50 100.00 % Details »
Hide « Dynamo Kyiv v Valencia
FCK v Manchester City (17:00GMT) 4.50 1.28 100.00 % Details »
Hide « FCK v Manchester City
Fiorentina v Ajax (17:00GMT) 1.66 2.25 104.44 % Details »
Hide « Fiorentina v Ajax
Lech Poznan v Udinese (17:00GMT) 3.50 1.33 103.57 % Details »
Hide « Lech Poznan v Udinese
Marseille v Twente (17:00GMT) 1.40 3.25 102.20 % Details »
Hide « Marseille v Twente
NEC v Hamburger SV (17:00GMT) 4.25 1.28 101.31 % Details »
Hide « NEC v Hamburger SV
Olympiakos v Saint-Étienne (17:00GMT) 1.53 2.62 103.39 % Details »
Hide « Olympiakos v Saint-Étienne
PSG v Wolfsburg (17:00GMT) 2.20 1.66 105.45 % Details »
Hide « PSG v Wolfsburg
Sampdoria v Metalist Kharkiv (17:00GMT) 1.50 2.75 103.03 % Details »
Hide « Sampdoria v Metalist Kharkiv
Shakhtar v Tottenham (17:00GMT) 2.50 1.66 100.00 % Details »
Hide « Shakhtar v Tottenham
Werder Bremen v Milan (17:00GMT) 2.95 1.50 100.56 % Details »

Re: UEFA Cup* To Qualify One to really keep an eye would be CSKA Moscow...yes I am going against my Villans here. The Villans are in a sensitive position here. Sitting 3rd in the EPL and with the potential to fight for a CL spot, we already have a thin squad and if players such as Young, Gabby, Barry, or Laursen get hurt we could be screwed. So I suggest waiting out to see how the Villans fair the next couple of games. A win vs Arsenal could be a big big boost and they could certainly decide to say screw the UEFA Cup and focus on the CL

Re: UEFA Cup* To Qualify Yep...as a villa fan myself I think the above is spot on. My irony is that i have had only one A/Post bet on guess who.... 2.25 is real value CSKA as those weak villa sides of recent UEFA times are I think more than likely to be replicated. MONeill will have seen it as a real vital exp for the players whether Villa advance or not....there will also be the Fa cup to think of hopefully now that we aint drawn you know who. In other words id be taking that price as it wont be there at K.O. IMO.. :ok

Re: UEFA Cup* To Qualify Olympiakos have a very good team much better from Greece 2004 Diogo, Darco Kovacevits, Torosidis, Galitsios, Belutsi, Dudu, Leto, and many others they are much better from last year they almost reach 8 of Champions League and can win UEFA cup after Saint - Etienne must win Milan can this job be done ? can Milan lose from Olympiakos ? if Olympiakos can not then NO TEAM CAN OLYMPIAKOS or MILAN will win UEFA cup

• 4 weeks later...

Re: UEFA Cup* To Qualify The odds on Sampdoria to beat Metalist are unbelievable. I really fancy Metalist to get a draw in Italy and win in Ukraine. They're a tough side to play against. Sides I fancy having a good chance of winning this - CSKA Moscow, Standard de Liege and AC Milan. Probably CSKA if I had to pick one.

Re: UEFA Cup* To Qualify Are you really going to back Werder, St Etienne and Braga to qualify? Or is it just for the one game? I just can't see any of those 3 qualifying. Standard are one of the strongest sides in Europe this season, AC Milan have experience and quality all over the park (although they will miss Rino Gattuso) and Olympiakos are a machine this season.

Re: UEFA Cup* To Qualify

Are you really going to back Werder' date=' St Etienne and Braga to qualify? Or is it just for the one game? I just can't see any of those 3 qualifying. Standard are one of the strongest sides in Europe this season, AC Milan have experience and quality all over the park (although they will miss Rino Gattuso) and Olympiakos are a machine this season.[/quote'] Yip!! Im backing ALL FIVE individually and 10 trebles as well.... My reason for doing so are well documented in the other threads and many disagree with me. So be it!!! Euro prediction.. ( I was ridiculed for it BTW!!) I laid them at 12.5 in the end but nobody gave me a chance!! http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/1118675-post11.html earlier UEFA thread comments... I have 2 teams left and they are St.Etienne and Stuttgart, now 50's and 90's so not in a trading position yet but....I have no real confidence in AC milan and yes I think Braga are strong enough to beat Liege over 2 legs :ok

Yip!! Im backing ALL FIVE individually and 10 trebles as well.... My reason for doing so are well documented in the other threads and many disagree with me. So be it!!!
Fair play, just thought I'd check is all. Good luck.

cant believe man city arent worth a shout here' date=' especially if they pick up 1 or 2 more new signings, in robinho they have a world class striker, in ireland a world class midfielder and dunne and richards arent too shabby at the bk![/quote'] 1...In Robinho, they have a sulking striker wgo is now in the club's bad books (Jusy like every other club he played for) 2... In Ireland, they have a player who has had 1 half of a good season and is no way world class - believe me 3...In Dunne, they have a liability this season like every other season he has ever played with the exception of last year when the likes of Arsenal were reputedly willing to pay £8m for him - Not worth £3m. He will NEVER have another season like last 4...In Richards, they have a player once capable of great things, now destined to leave City before the next season - Shame... Basically, Robinho is NOT world class, Ireland CERTAINLY is not world class, Their new £14m striker is NOT world class, Jo is a disaster, Benjani is a player I like but will never ever get a proper chance there, They sold, arguable their best defender to Spurs. Kompany who I do rate has to settle and their best potential are Bojinov (Injured long term) Petrov (Injured long term) and Johnson (Injured long term) . Wayne Bridge is a desperation signing. Filipe Caicedo scores 2 in his first full 45 minutes and then gets subbed ????????????? One booking against Blackburn and he's dropped for the next match ??? Cmon..!!!!! Daniel Sturridge has only played one full 90 minutes and he scored in that game.... yet he hasn't been given a full league game since.. Man City haven't a clue!!!!! Kopenhagen are no bad side. They may have finished 3rd in their group but with Bruges, Valencia, Rosenburg and St Etienne - You wouldn't have fancied them... Man City struggled against Streymur, Omonia and Midtjylland in the qualifying... They beat a Twente side 3-2 but had Stein Huysegems not missed a sitter in the final minutes, Man City might not even be here - That miss would have seen city finish 4th in the group as things went!! £100 million for Kaka is not over the odds - £14m for Bellend and £12 for Bridge is!!! De Jong, I feel too is overpriced as Ive yet to see him worth anything near that... What next.... £80m for Drogba ???

Re: UEFA Cup* To Qualify i agree robinho is a sulky sob but i also have watched him play and he does make things happen, as for ireland yes 1 gr8 half season but confidence is a big factor in football and hes not world class but hes decent enough with nigel de jong playing alongside him, caicedo and bridge are both good buys maybe not for the price but good players, sturridge is young but nt being given a shout, but if for eg man city do pick up villa and say a quality cb rumours of puyol going around then watch the odds fall, i just think it myt be worth a lil flutter at this stage!

Re: UEFA Cup* To Qualify thats not a bad shout either as i can see them failing to get any more people in and robinho and co sulking and the morale of the team dropping, if they do lose a match or 2 quite strong arguments for them to play a second team in europe and concentrate on the pl, either way theres value.

Re: UEFA Cup* To Qualify Robinho is a match-winner, but the problem they'll encounter in the later stages is that encounter sides like AC Milan who have a squad full of that type of player. You then may encounter issues. I really rate Jo, which I'll probably be destroyed for saying as a United fan. He's not proved it in the Premier League but given time, he is a quality striker. I was quite surprised to see Fiorentina sell Pazzini to Sampdoria, actually.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: UEFA Cup* To Qualify Odds updated:ok To qualify:

CSKA Moscow v Aston Villa (17:00GMT) 1.61 2.62 100.00 % Details »
Hide « CSKA Moscow v Aston Villa
Metalist Kharkiv v Sampdoria (17:00GMT) 1.44 2.95 103.13 % Details »
Hide « Metalist Kharkiv v Sampdoria
Hamburger SV v NEC (17:15GMT) 1.02 13.00 105.73 % Details »
Hide « Hamburger SV v NEC
Twente v Marseille (17:30GMT) 1.50 2.75 103.03 % Details »
Hide « Twente v Marseille
Wolfsburg v PSG (18:00GMT) 3.50 1.40 100.00 % Details »
Hide « Wolfsburg v PSG