** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Uefa Cup ( 17.12.2008 )

Bagzi

Wednesday 17 December 2008 Home Draw Away BPP
Ajax v Slavia Praha (19:45GMT) 1.52 4.33 8.50 100.63 % Details »
Hide « Ajax v Slavia Praha
Club Brugge v FCK (19:45GMT) 2.14 3.50 4.00 100.30 % Details »
Hide « Club Brugge v FCK
Deportivo v Nancy (19:45GMT) 1.80 3.25 5.60 104.18 % Details »
Hide « Deportivo v Nancy
Feyenoord v Lech Poznan (19:45GMT) 2.62 3.75 2.66 102.36 % Details »
Hide « Feyenoord v Lech Poznan
Hamburger SV v Aston Villa (19:45GMT) 2.30 3.55 3.35 101.50 % Details »
Hide « Hamburger SV v Aston Villa
Milan v Wolfsburg (19:45GMT) 1.80 3.85 6.00 98.20 % Details »
Hide « Milan v Wolfsburg
Portsmouth v Heerenveen (19:45GMT) 1.81 3.75 5.00 101.92 % Details »
Hide « Portsmouth v Heerenveen
Saint-Étienne v Valencia (19:45GMT) 2.62 3.40 2.62 105.60 % Details »

Re: Uefa Cup ( 17.12.2008 ) Wolfsburg Doublechance @ 2.1 on PP. Milan need to win to top the group and avoid a 3rd place champions league opponent in the knockout round but are missing Kaka, Gattuso and Flamini, and if a couple of their oldies aren't rested for Saturday's game with Udinese I dunno if their legs will be up to it after being run ragged by a vastly superior Juventus last night. I suspect the league will take priority and some fringe players will get a go. This is Wolfsburg's last game before the winter break and although they have a poor away domestic record (but losses were to tough sides Bayern, Hoffenheim, Bremen and Leverkeusen) they've shown they have a talented freescoring squad and have done extremely well in this comp. They'll also want to top the group so I see a fair bit of value here.

Re: Uefa Cup ( 17.12.2008 )

Radio 5 Live just announced that Gareth Barry' date=' James Milner, Gabby Agbonlahor have not travelled to Germany for Wednesdays game[/quote'] I was expecting Villa to rest some, HSV are looking favourites for the game and odds already dropped a bit/ on HW /. Still tempting but what worries me is that I watched the full HSV - Ajax game, the Germans clearly struggling vs well organised defense - one 100% goal chance for 90 mins was all they had, and they looked vulnerable with most Ajax counters. In other words Aston Villa will be having their chances as well... No guts to go for anything on 1X2 in this one, got some of the Over at 2,10, Goal/Goal looks a better option now, just like most Anglo-German games. See no reason Villa to defend any worse than Ajax, also see no reason why Villa shouldn't score without Agbonlahor and Barry if Ajax scored without Huntelaar. Clearly though HSV in winter break already will take the game with the best they've got......

Re: Uefa Cup ( 17.12.2008 ) Milan vs. Wolfsburg AW@4.5 & over 2.5 goals@1.85 Two teams coming in this match already qualified in the next round of UEFA cup,so now the fight will be for the first place in the group that should bring both teams easier match in the last 32. For Wolfsburg this is the last match in 2008,they have 9 pt. winning all three matches in this group,today they have nothing to lose and i expect them to came in this match without pressure and to show attacking football(they didn't show that kind of football in bundes-liga on their travellers this year),winning this game and finishing this part of season on high level. Milan defence is weak like never before i think,for todays game Maldini is not in the team also Abbiati will be rested(Bonera,Emerson,Flamini,Gattuso,Borriello,Kaka are unavaliable for today)Jankulovski is in sooo bad form i think after that poor performance in Sundays game.Antonini,Pedrocchi,Darmian,Fondrini,Ruggeri are in the 19 called up.Surely there is quality in the team for scoring goals(Pato,Ronaldinho,Seedorf,Sheva),but Carlo Ancelloti says that at the moment there is a lack of compactness in the team while on the other side Magath"We have nothing to lose, the qualification is already achieved, but we feel this game strongly both for the importance of finishing first, and the importance of the opponent, Milan."! Odds for away win dropping fast but still 4.5 is great value in this match i think and i'm taking it,i'll cover my bet with over 2.5 as i expect opened attacking game on San siro tonight..:hopeI'm a big fan of Milan,but bigger fan of my money :)

Re: Uefa Cup ( 17.12.2008 ) game : St. Etienne v Valencia pick : under 2.5 @ 1.7 My choice for this game is primarily based on a fact that both teams have extremely important matches the following weekend (Real - Valencia ; St. Etienne - Auxerre). Hosts will have to save some (if not all?) firepower for their last match of the half-season and, at least, try finishing above the relegation zone (priority has to be quite obvious since they've done so well in the uefa cup so far, which can't be said for a domestic league). Valencia are traveling to Madrid and there isn't much that has to be said regarding importance of this clash. Both teams have qualified for the next phase - taking the above facts into account, all are promising a boring low-scoring game. :)

Re: Uefa Cup ( 17.12.2008 ) Milan Top spot is up for grabs in this group as Milan looks to pick themselves up from their loss to Juve last weekend. While Milan are missing Kaka and Gattuso, thye still have a wealth of talent that should bounce back and beat a Wolfsburg side that does have problems on the road. Milan's fans are already upset with their form this season so they will be even more upset if they don't get a win here over a side that they would normally beat. Hamburg Hamburg lie in 4th position in the Bundesliga while Villa are in a similar position in the premir league, however Villa have chosen to leave behind players like Young, Agbonlahor, Barry, Milner and Laursen which sees an inexperienced and below strength side make their way to Germany. While both sides have made it through to the next round, and with a win here Hamburg will go to the top of the group, especially as they are on their winter break, then they don't have to worry about any upcoming games this weekend. Ajax -1.5 Ajax are tied for the lead in their group but are one goal behind the leaders Hamburg so they know that they need to win by at least two goals to get any chance of getting top spot in the group. Akax coach Van Basten has said that he will play his best team to get the goals and points needed to win this and Ajax should win comfortably here since Slavia Prague have no enthusiasm for this game. They can't progress in this tournament and they last played their domestic game 3 weeks ago as they are on their winter break Deportivo - Nancy over 2.5 Both teams need to win this game to ensure their passage to the next round which should see an open game with goals. Deportivo have win their two home UEFA Cup games 3-0 and 2-0 so it is obvious that they can score and defend, however Nancy have scored at least two goals in both of their away games as well as their last two games. Should go over considering both teams like to attack. Feyenoord - Lech Poznan over 2.5 While Feyenoord are out of this tournamnet they will be playing for pride considering the poor frm they are in. Thye are attack minded so they still will play the way they usually do but Lech Poznan need to win and by at least a couple of goals here to possibly progress through. They have shown the ability to score as well as to concede so this game looks a likely over.

Milan vs. Wolfsburg AW@4.5 & over 2.5 goals@1.85 Odds for away win dropping fast but still 4.5 is great value in this match i think and i'm taking it,i'll cover my bet with over 2.5 as i expect opened attacking game on San siro tonight..:hopeI'm a big fan of Milan,but bigger fan of my money :)
my bookie (Bet3000) offered yesterday Milan @ 2,05 and dropped now!! (1,90 atm). Over is perhaps better than X2 here, cos Milan's B Team has much more quality than Wolfsburg's first team without their topscorer Grafite and probably italian defender Zaccardo...

Re: Uefa Cup ( 17.12.2008 ) Deportivo v Nancy Going for a draw here as both can qualify with a draw as long as Lech Poznan do not win in Feyenoord 13/5 at bwin Ajax v Slavia Praha Ajax -1.5 . If Ajax win by more than 2 goals it is likely they will win the group and have the easier draw in the next round (unless Aston villa win with their depleted squad) :hope :hope

Deportivo v Nancy Going for a draw here as both can qualify with a draw as long as Lech Poznan do not win in Feyenoord 13/5 at bwin Ajax v Slavia Praha Ajax -1.5 . If Ajax win by more than 2 goals it is likely they will win the group and have the easier draw in the next round (unless Aston villa win with their depleted squad) :hope :hope
If Lech win by 2 goals they qualify regardless.

Re: Uefa Cup ( 17.12.2008 ) Bet of the Day in my opinion: Soccer - Valencia - spread -½ (+128) for the regulation time held on Dec 17 at 2:45pm [pending] Etienne with many missings and this line is huge considering the quality gap between these teams...I don't think the Real game at the weekend will have any effect here. And also: Soccer - La Coruna - spread -1 (+100) for the regulation time held on Dec 17 at 2:45pm [pending] Everyone keeps talking about Nancy's attack, but what about the hosts' defense? Soccer - Feyenoord/Lech Poznan - total Over 3 (+107) for the regulation time held on Dec 17 at 2:45pm [pending] Lech should press, Feyenoord should play with no worries...I can imagine an open game here.

Bet of the Day in my opinion: Soccer - Valencia - spread -½ (+128) for the regulation time held on Dec 17 at 2:45pm [pending] Etienne with many missings and this line is huge considering the quality gap between these teams...I don't think the Real game at the weekend will have any effect here.
St.Etienne don't even have a full bench and Gigliotti is the only sub who's a first teamer.

game : St. Etienne v Valencia pick : under 2.5 @ 1.7 My choice for this game is primarily based on a fact that both teams have extremely important matches the following weekend (Real - Valencia ; St. Etienne - Auxerre). Hosts will have to save some (if not all?) firepower for their last match of the half-season and, at least, try finishing above the relegation zone (priority has to be quite obvious since they've done so well in the uefa cup so far, which can't be said for a domestic league). Valencia are traveling to Madrid and there isn't much that has to be said regarding importance of this clash. Both teams have qualified for the next phase - taking the above facts into account, all are promising a boring low-scoring game. :)
...not this time. :wall