** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December

As its still not 100% sure if Vucinic is available and as you said, its an italian club with an italian coach.. I think this game will be similar to the Bordeaux - Chelsea one with the difference that the French wont score first.. or even score at all. If AS manage to keep a clean sheet till the ht, the guests will rush in attack, having nothing to lose, and the counter -attacks of the Italians will be crucial for them. Roma didnt concede any goals in their last 4/5 games, winning by 1 in 3 of them. My picks here are ht/ft X/X and X/1. GL P.S. nicko, its been a while.. ;) How are u doing lately ?
Good to have you back :ok Like I said I am on the Over, while the Home win is in 2 doubles and a treble as I am not happy with the odds. Few points here re your post: - Roma have no clean sheet in CL, they fact they didn't concede in Serie A in some games recently is irrelevant here, - Bordeaux are an excellent team, the fact they are not doing well in CL is mostly lack of experience in the competition, as well as a Manager who hasn't got the touch for these games. I would say Fiorentina has the same problem - both teams on a good day could beat almost any opposition, - I know what I saw - Roma won vs Chelsea, and the stats speak for a convincing win. Truth is Roma were so lucky in the first 25 mins, a complete miracle to keep clean net. Had Chelsea taken the lead, well... Furthermore, the reverse game could have gone either way, I only saw the highlights, but Bordeaux had just as many great chances, - no matter what Managers say, this game is ever so important, it is all mind games - Blanc says he will start quiet - ffs, waiting for what? Spalletti says he will attack - why the rush? To avoid Man U? Who says Man U will top their group for sure? Who says Villareal are a better option? WHO says Roma will qualify, I mean if they do, then I am already having a very healthy bank both in bet365 and betfair....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December Shaktar +0.5 @ 2.54 on Ladbrokes. Tonight's Barca side has some excellent individuals but I don't have much confidence in teams full of reserves who don't have the experience of playing together at this level, so I feel that the value is with the visitors who are decent enough and used to operating a unit. Apart from this and Madrid v Zenit tomorrow, none of the other CL games interest me, too much uncertainty about lineups tactics and whatnot, but BOL to all.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December Chelsea v CFR Cluj Chelsea should win, spurred on by the home crowd, and win comfortably. They will tear into Cluj from the off - an early goal will settle the nerves and they'll be desperate for one. Time of the first goal: Up to and including the 24th minute @ 10/11 (Paddy Power)

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December I just dont feel AS are the typical old school "Italian" team, that slaves of the so beloved "catenacho" with one forward, who is staying 90 minutes in offside and 10 men i defense. Spaletti is also not the type of a manager who is so defensively orientated and IMO he will fancy the "The best defense is a good offense"-way of football tonight and after all I'm starting to think the over is not such a bad pick here, but I already have taken the HW in a double and a treble and as imo its unlikely that we see a high scoring draw or an AW I'll stay away from this game.. at least till it begins ;). Anyway GL P.S. I've never felt cofident of any of those international games, but just cant stay away from the big action. :spank

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December And nicko, about Man U, Celtic will play to get there pride back, after all the game is in Scotland and I also believe this is the game in which Berbatov will score at least one, which will be more than enough for Aalborg, who have already booked there place in the UEFA Cup, but thats for another thread. My point is that United will be first in their group and if there is a team Roma will be happy to avoid, its surely Man U. The other options, like Barca for example, also arent teams anyone would like to meet in this early stages.

Right fellas, Thinking of putting on a big treble tonight but want to gather all possible info first... Whats this news regarding Famagusta....?? Are they in crisis..? Will they miss players..? Cheers for any info :D
Don't think they will miss anyone mate. Was an off the field crisis. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=597336&cc=5739

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December I'm not so confident about my PAO HW bet any more, knowing whats happening atm down there. It looks like a civil war is beginning in Greece. If I was a Famagusta fan i'd never go to a place like that, so I'm not sure if the away team will have any supporters at this game, which isnt that bad for my bet. But with all the problems the police is having, if 60k more people, fanatic fans of PAO, join the others in the streets, i just dont even want to think how big the consequences can be.

I'm not so confident about my PAO HW bet any more' date=' knowing whats happening atm down there. It looks like a civil war is beginning in Greece. If I was a Famagusta fan i'd never go to a place like that, so I'm not sure if the away team will have any supporters at this game, which isnt that bad for my bet. But with all the problems the police is having, if 60k more people, fanatic fans of PAO, join the others in the streets, i just dont even want to think how big the consequences can be.[/quote'] Not sure if this will have a adverse affect on Pana though mate. Think if anything the more hostile the crowd, the bigger the home advantage is for them :ok

Not sure if this will have a adverse affect on Pana though mate. Think if anything the more hostile the crowd, the bigger the home advantage is for them :ok
That would be my interpretation of it aswell, not gonna affect the players and if anything will inflame an already hostile home crowd.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December About CFR Cluj. Last game for midfielder Eugen Trica at CFR Cluj, he signed one a half year contract with Anorthosis Famagusta and hopes to end this season with a good game. Lots of speculation of a posible break up of coach Maurizio Trombetta.Trombetta said "I'm not blind or deaf of the speculation surrounding me. My main focus is on game with Chelsea" Club President Iuliu Muresan said that his team will try to get a draw against Chealse:lol

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventMarseille v Atletico Madrid
SelectionOver 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date09/12/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningDespite all the tensions surrounding this match and Marseille missing striker Niang I still fancy this to go over the 2.5 goal mark. Marseille are looking to lock in a UEFA cup spot and Atletico I guess would like to top the group. Previous meeting in Spain crept over the 2.5 goal mark, hopefully they can oblige again.

EventWerder Bremen v Inter
SelectionOver 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date09/12/2008
Bookmaker/Pricecanbet @ 1.87 (Back)
ReasoningBoth sides have a large number of injuries to content with. Inter are through to the next phase and may well rest some players as well as the injured. Bremen need the win to be able to compete in the UEFA Cup. The Germans are known for having high scoring games in their league and we may well see another high score here as the Italians can play with some degree of freedom for once.

i am sorry guys some terrible situation in athens as i read...chaos, anarchy and total catastrophy..a real city war...unbeleivable :eyes that chanhges completely my original betting idea, i am not a mad to bet under such circumstances... i really wonder who cares about soccer there? none i guess, the city is under occupation by barbarian groups, they destroy everything, and police just watch them! is horrible as i heard, anorthosis fans are scared and terrosisted, there is a probability of massive war between anarchists and police just outside the stadium, well, to sum up, i m not a mad to bet on such event no bet evening this one, personally i will not even to watch any game or result tonight, i have better thing to do for sure :tongue2 cheers :dude
with nothing but good intentions mate, show some respect!!! A 16 year old was shot and killed in cold blood by a cop. Of course you'll get chaos after that!! actions like this provoke the common feeling. people are frustrated and this murder triggered thousands of people to get off their couches and go on the streets. Violence only brings violence...

EventChelsea v CFR Cluj
SelectionUnder 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date09/12/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.52 (Back)
ReasoningGoing to go for a cheeky punt on unders here, Cluj, Cluj will sit back and defend here and see if Chelsea can break them down, I think Cluj might hold them out for a while tonight, Even if/when Chelsea score I don't think they will roll them over at all, Cluj have earned a bit of respect in the champions league this year and they will want to go out with a creditable result. 1-0/2-0 Chelsea.

EventBarcelona v Shakthar
SelectionUnder 2.5 Goals
Strength10/10
Date09/12/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.28 (Back)
ReasoningThis look simply under to me, Both sides know whats happening to them, Barca cannot be moved out of top spot and Shakthar will be playing in the UEFA Cup. Barca will rest alot of players I imagine, It is very risky going overs when teams don't need to socre, this could be a boring 0-0 or maybe 1-0 to either sides. Value is unders.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December Hello all my friends, for tonight I am going with: Roma- Bordeaux 2 @ 6.00, Werder- Inter X @ 3.40 and PSV- Liverpool 2 @ 2.62. I go for Bordeaux because it is my strong opinion that for a team like Roma it is needed just a tiny thing to go as not predicted for making them falling down... In my opinion newspapers here are inflating too much Roma's strenght... I think that tonight they will face the fact that if you do not spend big moneys in summer then you won't win anything... And Totti... oh well, he is getting older and older, he can't play at good level so many matches one after another. We will see anyway. Werder- Inter X was my choice because the good odds @ 3.40, worth of some chips. And about PSV... oh well, last match against Groningen they got 2 goals at first half, yet again they scored 4 goals in second half, but if they won't keep attention at first half and the Reds will score, then they won't be able to retake the match in their hands... Just my two cents. Good luck to anyone! Luigi

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December Will be backing Liverpool on the premise that, Reina plays in goal and Gerrard plays some part. Keane, Agger and Lucas all definately start, just depends who else plays. 2.6 looks good value, PSV must win to get a UEFA cup spot so must attack, leaving themselves open to the Counter-Attack, think the reds can pick them off here. Early reports suggest Koovermans is injured, scored all 4 of PSV's goals in the competition this season.If Reina plays in goal it usually means Rafa wants to win the game, I think its important to try and top the group and hence get a the 2nd leg of the next round back at a red hot Anfield. Liverpool WIN @ 2.6

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December Barcelona - Shakhtar: Draw/Shakhtar Win (double chance) @ 2.5 (Betdirect) 10/10 A meaningless game here. Barca will rotate about 8 players and they have their mind on Real this weekend. Shakhtar's Ukranian season is over so they can focus on this match. The visitors will play with a full squad. The odds for two results in Shakhtar's favour, given the dynamics of the match, is good value, I think. Werder Bremen - Inter: Inter Win @ 2.7 (Totesport) 10/10 Good odds for Inter's win, I think. Bremen's form has been more than questionable and they have quite a few injuries for this match. A win MIGHT(?) get them a UEFA qualification, but I really don't think they're interested given the ground they need to make up in Germany (10 pts off 1st place). Inter chopped Lazio 0-3 on Saturday. Lazio is as good and maybe better than Bremen and they were also really interested in the match. Mourinho has a Number 1 mentality and wants to finish 1st in the group. Take Inter to win this one. Panathinaikos - Anorthosis: Draw @ 3.75 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 This match is clouded by serious non-football issues. The match is being played in Athens where serious street violence has erupted causing disruption in transportation and warranted fear among citizens. So the Greek team doesn't want things to get to emotional since the city is already facing rioting emotions for the last three days. Anorthosis' coach and some prominent players are embroiled in a huge financial scandel in Cyprus. So the visitor's don't necessarily have a winner's psychology tonight either. From a football point of view, I think one should keep in mind that Panathinaikos can play for two results. They are going to be very cautious anyway and Anorthosis hasn't scored a goal in an away game. A draw probably gives Anorthosis a UEFA qualification. The draw gives good value given the circumstances.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December Ironically but both coaches can be throw out after this game. 85% CFR'c coach will leave and who knows for the other. Cfr has italian coach and they will come to defend and counter. Both teams will play with only 1 striker. The best thing for Chelsea is to create many freekicks and corner kicks so that they can score from those set plays. If early goal the game could change if not CFR will keep defending untill the end. Motivation lacks from CFR side for sure even thoug they will play against a big team on a big stadium and people will get the chance to see some players. Last game for Trica and he will not want to get injured. Could be same thing for Culio or Dubardier too as those 2 players are well seen by scouters and I sincerelly wonder why :). So far looked like a funny trip and chance to see museums for CFR's players. enjoy the game guys and bet only live for this game!