** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December

Tuesday 9 December 2008 Home Draw Away BPP
Barcelona v Shakhtar (19:45GMT) 1.56 4.50 7.80 99.15 % Details »
Hide « GL:ok Barcelona v Shakhtar
Basel v Sporting (19:45GMT) 2.90 3.45 2.75 99.83 % Details »
Hide « Basel v Sporting
Chelsea v CFR Cluj (19:45GMT) 1.17 8.80 25.00 100.83 % Details »
Hide « Chelsea v CFR Cluj
Marseille v Atlético (19:45GMT) 2.25 3.70 3.45 100.46 % Details »
Hide « Marseille v Atlético
Panathinaikos v Anorthosis (19:45GMT) 1.70 3.80 7.00 99.43 % Details »
Hide « Panathinaikos v Anorthosis
PSV v Liverpool (19:45GMT) 2.72 3.50 2.80 101.05 % Details »
Hide « PSV v Liverpool
Roma v Bordeaux (19:45GMT) 1.70 3.90 6.50 99.85 % Details »
Hide « Roma v Bordeaux
Werder Bremen v Inter (19:45GMT) 2.80 3.50 2.87 99.07 % Details »

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December

i cant wait more, i will travel to dubai this evening well, my idea is this : Pao v Anorthosis crucial game for both of teams, pao needs victory, which may lead them to first place, while anorthosis is now or never gane this one for qualification to last sixteen Pao in excellent shape, great momentum while anorthosis is in prison yes, the president of this team was prisoned for six days, after police investigated against him a huge financial scandal; anorthosis is not a public company, not a private either, same administration rules are apply since 100 years now.... guys, i would never never bet on Pao, beleive me, i consider this athenian team as the worst in the group, but now circumstances pushing me... some players of anorthosis are theoritically involved in the scandal; some of them were forced to go to police to be questioned; the names are: skopelitis, sosin, dellas, all of them first class players ketsbayia, the coach of this team, is connected also to the scandal, everybody here in the island saying that "this georgian is the scandal of all scandals" thats what we say also here in limassol i predict the collapse of anorthosis Pao is in hungry mood to give the lesson , in front of 65k fans Pao @1.55 MY perfecy bet Bet of the week :ok
GL:hope

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December What about Shaktar Donetsk? Barcelona will rest 8 players and with some injuries they will really have a B-squad on the field. The Ukranians are a decent side -remember their smashing 5-0 victory against Basel. They will want to take revenge for the first leg (undeservedly lost) against the team from 'Cataluna'. Odds dropped already but there is still value. My local bookie still offers 8.90 for Shakter to win. Will be putting some money on it.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December Werder - Inter 2 @2.62 bet365 5/10 Very good value for Inter win. I know they have already qualified and have done so in less than spectacular fasion and Mourinho says it doesn't matter to him if they win the group or not but the odds are too good to be missed. Werder need to get a win to have any hopes of qualifiying for the UEFA Cup but even if Mourinho rigns changes Inter should be stronger. It hasn't been Werder's season so far, and for this game Diego is missing through a suspension. Furthermore there are serious doubts concerning Almeida and Naldo. There will most probably be a couple of changes in Inter's starting 11 as well but there's no doubt as to which one of the teams has better players sitting on the bench. That's why I'm happy to take Inter to win it:hope

What about Shaktar Donetsk? Barcelona will rest 8 players and with some injuries they will really have a B-squad on the field. The Ukranians are a decent side -remember their smashing 5-0 victory against Basel. They will want to take revenge for the first leg (undeservedly lost) against the team from 'Cataluna'. Odds dropped already but there is still value. My local bookie still offers 8.90 for Shakter to win. Will be putting some money on it.
Yep, was thinking the same, Barca will want everyone fit and rested so they can properly annihilate severely depleted Real Madrid on saturday.

What about Shaktar Donetsk? Barcelona will rest 8 players and with some injuries they will really have a B-squad on the field. The Ukranians are a decent side -remember their smashing 5-0 victory against Basel. They will want to take revenge for the first leg (undeservedly lost) against the team from 'Cataluna'. Odds dropped already but there is still value. My local bookie still offers 8.90 for Shakter to win. Will be putting some money on it.
It might be worth a little shot, those Brasilians I saw playing for Shaktar were excellent and enjoying every minute on the field, B-squad or not for Barca, it is Camp Nou and the Ukranians will be out to impress, in fact there won't be that many Ukranians :lol P.S. Odds moved indeed, 1,44 last night, 1,50 for HW now, just had a bite with Shaktar +1 AH at 1,85 with bet365

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December I think that Barca has big quality also in B team and they are fresh and prepare fight for the first team place. Shakhtar and Barca play this match only because must. My favourite is home team but price 8.9 is attractive. Good luck.

I think that Barca has big quality also in B team and they are fresh and prepare fight for the first team place. Shakhtar and Barca play this match only because must. My favourite is home team but price 8.9 is attractive. Good luck.
Well, question is, can Shaktar still qualify themselves? If they win and Porto doesn't than they have each 9 points. Is Porto then still qualified? In each case, I think that every player wants to shine at Camp Nou and I'm pretty sure that the players of Shakter won't see this as an obligation.

Well, question is, can Shaktar still qualify themselves? If they win and Porto doesn't than they have each 9 points. Is Porto then still qualified? In each case, I think that every player wants to shine at Camp Nou and I'm pretty sure that the players of Shakter won't see this as an obligation.
Shakhtar is without chance to qualify - they have third place if win or not due to mutual results versus Sporting.

AS Roma vs Bordeaux PREDICTION It is going to be a heated affair at the Stadio Olimpico this week, as both sides will come out firing from the word go. The visitors will be the more desperate early, so expect them to have a few early opportunities to break the deadlock. Expect a high scoring affair, with Bordeaux certainly finding a goal through somewhere, at some stage in the contest. The Giallorossi will be too strong on the night however, and will record their sixth successive victory in all competitions, with Totti bagging a brace for the capital club. PERCENTAGE ESTIMATE AS Roma 55% - Draw 25% - Bordeaux 20% TO ADVERTISE YOUR WEBSITE, PLEASE CONTACT [email protected] :cheers

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December UEFA Champions League : Group A Table

PWDLFAGDPTS
1Roma530210649
2Chelsea52217438
3Bordeaux521259-47
4CFR 1907 Cluj-Napoca511347-34
Chelsea19:45CFR 1907 Cluj
Chelsea know their fate is their own hands and hope Bordeaux do them a favour by either drawing or beating Roma, to enable them to secure top spot and eliminate any chance of meeting the likes of Barcelona in the next round. One thing that should be sure here is that Chelsea should brush aside Cluj, with their next league game at home v West Ham next sunday, it should mean their strongest line up available should take to the pitch. Chelsea should try and put this game to bed early so expect them to come out all guns blazing from the first whistle. Predictions: Chelsea Half time / Full Time @1.53 Paddypower ***** Chelsea -2 HCP @2.25 Paddypower ***
AS Roma19:45Bordeaux
Roma know they have to really win here if they are to deny Chelsea top spot and thus enabling them to meet a less formidable opponent in the next round. However Bordeaux will have other plans as they could pip Roma to the next round if they beat Roma here. A difficult one to predict but it should lay the foundation for an open attacking game as both sides push for the win. Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals @2.00 Paddypower ****

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December Werder Bremen missing few players: Diego (too many yellow cards) is a big loss Naldo (injured) is also great loss in CB Almeida (injured) also good player in front missing Dunno, if Mourinho wants to win this - they will :hope

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December UEFA Champions League : Group B Table

PWDLFAGDPTS
1Inter Milan52217528
2Panathinaikos52127707
3Anorthosis Famagusta51318716
4Werder Bremen504158-34
Werder Bremen 19:45Inter Milan
There will be a dramatic final day in Group B, with only Werder Bremen out of the running. Although they can still secure a UEFA Cup place if Panathinaikos beat Anorthosis and they beat Inter. Mourinho as usual is his usual coyness in stating that he doesn't care for tospot, however it is pure mind games on his part as he will not want to meet Barcelona or his old club Chelsea in the next round so be very sure Inter will play with as strong a team as possible. Werder are a bit of an enigma at the moment, going great guns in the Budesliga they have been terrible in the last few matches in Europe. Inter I feel should have too much for Werder here as they seek top spot. Prediction: Inter Win @2.63 Paddypower ****
Panathinaikos Athens19 : 45Anorthosis Famagusta FC
Again another tricky match at first look, but off field shenanigans for Anorthosis with a number of players and staff embroiled in a corruption scandal may put paid to their venture into the next round here. Panathinaikos with their very vocal fans and some great results recently in Europe should have too much for the minnows. Prediction: Panathinaikos -1 HCP @2.80 Paddypower***

PWDLFAGDPTS
1Roma530210649
2Chelsea52217438
3Bordeaux521259-47
4CFR 1907 Cluj-Napoca511347-34
AS Roma19:45Bordeaux
Roma know they have to really win here if they are to deny Chelsea top spot and thus enabling them to meet a less formidable opponent in the next round... Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals @2.00 Paddypower ****
I am on the Over as well, but lowered my stake, and one of the reasons is exactly the ''less formidable opponent'' point ; - Roma is not through yet, they need a point from this game first, and only then the next opponent is an issue at all, in other words they shouldn't rush for goals that much, draw is safety and money, in the next round, - looking at the possible top 2 in each group, there is a quality gap, but in the knock-out stage it won't make much difference if Roma ( if they qualify) will face Juventus, Lyon, Bayern, Man U or other team... TBH, I am a bit worried about my bet, fact is we got an Italian team, who only needs a draw to qualify, and that usually is bad news for me. In other words my hopes are with Bordeaux to open up the game from the very start... GL

I am on the Over as well, but lowered my stake, and one of the reasons is exactly the ''less formidable opponent'' point ; - Roma is not through yet, they need a point from this game first, and only then the next opponent is an issue at all, in other words they shouldn't rush for goals that much, draw is safety and money, in the next round, - looking at the possible top 2 in each group, there is a quality gap, but in the knock-out stage it won't make much difference if Roma ( if they qualify) will face Juventus, Lyon, Bayern, Man U or other team... TBH, I am a bit worried about my bet, fact is we got an Italian team, who only needs a draw to qualify, and that usually is bad news for me. In other words my hopes are with Bordeaux to open up the game from the very start... GL
As its still not 100% sure if Vucinic is available and as you said, its an italian club with an italian coach.. I think this game will be similar to the Bordeaux - Chelsea one with the difference that the French wont score first.. or even score at all. If AS manage to keep a clean sheet till the ht, the guests will rush in attack, having nothing to lose, and the counter -attacks of the Italians will be crucial for them. Roma didnt concede any goals in their last 4/5 games, winning by 1 in 3 of them. My picks here are ht/ft X/X and X/1. GL P.S. nicko, its been a while.. ;) How are u doing lately ?

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December Chelsea -1 (EH) There isnt much left to say about this one,but still.. Chelsea are capable of winning this game in the first half by scoring 1 or even more early goals. Cluj are far from convincing even in their own league, especially away from home. Inter +1 (EH) This one looks like a straight AW to me, but still ..better safe than sorry. This is the kind of a game, in which Mourinho is the main factor. Maybe with his best line-up Schaaf would have any chances, but with misses like Diego, Almeida and Naldo one point is the least Inter are going home with. PAO HW With all the problems Anorthosis are having lately and in front of their fanatic fans it would be a disaster if PAO dont manage to take the 3 points here. The Greeks can even think of the first place in the group if Inter draw in Germany and who knows.. they could happen to be this years Fenerbahce ;)

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December Basel vs Sporting L This match will have no special importance as Sporting have already qualified for the knockout stages, while Basel are without any chances after very disappointing campaign. Basel have only one point after five rounds and this is a chance to at least get some of the pride back. Basel will try to make amends for the very poor campaign and they will certainly attack the visitors. Sporting always play attacking football and we should see a lot of goals in this match. Both teams to score: 1.75 ODDS looks interesting to me :clap

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December best bet in Marseille - Atletico M. match for me both 2 score @ 1,71 Expekt Marseille's defense couldn't be called stable, but they score constantly, especially at home. Atletico showed great form lately with superb offense power, they are going for first table spot in this match. over 2,5 goals also very likely here..

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventChelsea vs Cluj
SelectionChesea - 1.75 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date09/12/2008
Bookmaker/Pricecanbet @ 1.75 (Back)
ReasoningMust win game for Chelsea here. Needing to bounce back after a bad loss in Roma and they will want to win this game to make sure automatic qualification is in there own hands. Chelsea are far better than cluj, throw in home advantage and the expectations of the home advantage Chelsea will have to win this game and win it comfortably. Chelsea could win this game by 2 or more without breaking sweat if the players perform to half there capabilities and with whats on stake here im sure they will. Chelsea to strong for cluj, Chelsea - 1.75

best bet in Marseille - Atletico M. match for me both 2 score @ 1' date=71 Expekt Marseille's defense couldn't be called stable, but they score constantly, especially at home. Atletico showed great form lately with superb offense power, they are going for first table spot in this match. over 2,5 goals also very likely here..
I am not sure whether Atletico could score with "B" team...

EventChelsea vs Cluj
SelectionChelsea
Strength10/10
Date09/12/2008
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 1.17 (Back)
ReasoningLets be honest, Chelsea are far better in every position.However, Chelsea know they are not safe in the group although they are sitting 2nd. A win for Bordeaux could see them exit the Champions League here. Abramovich has said before he wants success in the Champions League so Scolari knows that he must deliver and post no shocks tonight against a nothing team in the tournament who although have done well will not have expected to qualify for the next round. No Lampard tonight for Chelsea but they do welcome back Drogba who has been serving a suspension in England. Anelka is firing on all cylinders, Chelsea will want to win to keep automatic qualification in there own hands and a Scolari will want to ease any unwated pressure on his back with a win his team really should beat.

EventAs Roma vs Bordeaux
SelectionRoma
Strength10/10
Date09/12/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.73 (Back)
ReasoningRoma can qualify with a point at home here, but the manager is on record saying they are playing to win. If Roma win they win the group and therefore are more likely to miss the other group winners in the next round and thats exactly what they will do. Roma showed how strong they were when they defeated Chelsea in Rome 3-1 before going on to beat Cluj 3-1. They also defeated Bordeaux in the reverse fixture in France, Also by a 3-1 score line. Roma are the better team, with a hostile Italian Crowd and exiting attacking players like Totti and Vucinic, Blanc(Bordeaux Manager) has said he will not tell his team to attack from the start more of a patient style. With them playing trying to hit roma on the break with suit Roma and im sure they will progress as group winners.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December After Spalletti insisted his team is coming for a win tonight, with Vucinic at his disposal and the opportunity to finish first in the group and NOT meeting Man Utd again at least in the next round, I really think the HW is a good investment now and still better than the over.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December Marseille – Atletico Madrid: Marseille Win @ 2.10 (Coral) 10/10 Marseille needs to win in order to ensure qualification to the UEFA cup. Atletico has ensured qualification to the next CL round. I suspect Atletico is going to take it easy and make some changes in the line up. Yes, first place in the group may be important, but keeping key players healthy is, I think, more important. Hence, Marseille, who aren't bad, are good enough to defeat Atletico at home and ensure qualification to UEFA. Eindhoven – Liverpool: Eindhoven Win @ 2.70 (Bet365) 10/10 This game is similar in dynamics to other game from the group. Eindhoven need the win for promotion to the UEFA cup. Liverpool are assured qualification to the next CL round. I think Liverpool will rest some players and protect them from injury. Given this, I think Eindhoven are good enough to defeat Liverpool at home in order to go for qualification into UEFA.

After Spalletti insisted his team is coming for a win tonight' date=' with Vucinic at his disposal and the opportunity to finish first in the group and NOT meeting Man Utd again at least in the next round, I really think the HW is a good investment now and still better than the over.[/quote'] Another interest piece of info from L`Equipe: Bordeux's record with italian teams since 1985 is: 3 wins-3 draws-6 defeats. Only once out of 6 did they advance to the upper stages against italian teams:spank.

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December Chelsea -2.5 Chelsea need a win here to ensure their qualfication for the next round so they should be prepared and motivated to do so against a side that has little reason to play well in this game given that they have nothing tio play for. If Drogba plays alongside Anelka up front, then the Romanians will struggle to stop these two prolific goalscorers from scoring. They have yet to concede at home in their two previous group games while they have scored 4 against Roma and were suprisingly shut out by Bordeaux, but with plenty on the line here, you would expect the blues to show their class here. Roma - Bordeaux over 2.5 Even though Roma head the group, there is still a possibility if Bordeaux beat them, and Chelsea as expected win their game, then they can get bundled out of this tournament. This should see the French side go out on the attack from the outset as they have little to lose but plenty to gain. Roma have shown that they can score but have also conceded too, as they have gone over in 4 of their 5 group games including both games at home, while Bordeaux have gone over in 3 of thier 5 group games including both of their away games. In the previous game, Bordeaux led at home before getting a player sent off and allowing the Romans to then score 3 times to win but they were not the better team fo the two prior to the dismissal. Bordeaux will take it to them and should see some goals scored. Marseille - Athletico Madrid over 2.5 Marseille need a win here to go into the UEFA Cup while Athletico Madrod will aim for a win to ensure they finish top of their group. Marseille have gone over in 3 of their 5 group games including their two home games while Athletico have scored and conceded in each of their last 4 games while going over in 3 of thier 5 group games. With tensions still simmering after their problems with fans in the first game between the two sides, which Athletico won 2-1, then Marseille fans will be expecting a victory while athletico needs a win to get to spot. Either way, it should be an open game. PSV - Liverpool over 2.5 While Liverpool are far away the better of the two sides, with the likelihood of some their main players getting rested then look to see some of their reserves get a run which will even this game up. PSV, if they win, can possibly still get a UEFA Cup spot so thye have something to play for, as they have shown that they can score but also concede, as they have gone over in 4 of their 5 games. Liverpool beat PSV at home 3-1 as they have gone over in 3 of their 5 games but have scored and allowed goals in two other games. Liverpool can still aim for a top spot, but look to their reserves to stake a claim for a first 11 position with a good performance here while PSV is still playing for some pride

Panathinaikos Athens19 : 45Anorthosis Famagusta FC
Again another tricky match at first look, but off field shenanigans for Anorthosis with a number of players and staff embroiled in a corruption scandal may put paid to their venture into the next round here. Panathinaikos with their very vocal fans and some great results recently in Europe should have too much for the minnows. Prediction: Panathinaikos -1 HCP @2.80 Paddypower
*** My bet of the night also :ok __________________

Re: Champions League - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 9th December i am sorry guys some terrible situation in athens as i read...chaos, anarchy and total catastrophy..a real city war...unbeleivable :eyes that chanhges completely my original betting idea, i am not a mad to bet under such circumstances... i really wonder who cares about soccer there? none i guess, the city is under occupation by barbarian groups, they destroy everything, and police just watch them! is horrible as i heard, anorthosis fans are scared and terrosisted, there is a probability of massive war between anarchists and police just outside the stadium, well, to sum up, i m not a mad to bet on such event no bet evening this one, personally i will not even to watch any game or result tonight, i have better thing to do for sure :tongue2 cheers :dude