** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The FTTS E/W Lucky 15.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Been asked by ted to stand in for Spooner, so here goes. 1.40 Lingfield Buy on the Red Without doubt this is a competitive claimer, but with the dead eight runners, its a decent opportunity for a nice EW bet. The one that caught my eye is the class dropping Buy on the Red. This horse is one that needs a lot to fall right for him, but he seems to have a lot in his favour today. He is normally a capable sprint handicapper over 6f, but today drops to claiming class over 6f for the 1st time. The last time he dropped to a claiming race was over 7f, an unsuitable trip and he wasnt disgraced behing Trimlestown (won last night). This 6f trip today is ideal, there should be a lot of pace on and Lingfields uphill finish will suit him if he gets a clear run. Martin Dwyer has been in excellent form recently, and that looks another positive. Around 8/1 :hope:ok

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15.

Fin~2.40 LING~SURWAKI 12/1 Ted~12.55 MUSS~STARBOUGG 15/2 Tip~2.25 MUSS~BALYAN 9/1 Stew~1.40 LING~BUY ON THE RED 1pt E/W LUCKY 15 GAR PP :hope
Just 2.5 return P/L +69.4 A big thanks to Stew who stood in for Spooner last week:clap Ok Guys decent cards today so lets give this a good rattle :ok

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. 14:45 Ascot - Ashkazar Ashkazar 2nd inthe Fred Winter's Juvenile Hurdle at Cheltenham back in March looks very good form, Beaten two lengths by Crack Away Jack who was only beaten 1L by Chomba Womba last time out. He is a three times winner over this distance in five runs. Trainer won this race back in 2006 with Acambo, Timmy Murphy was on board who is the jockey tomorrow. A cracking e/w bet at the moment, I can see him going off favourite.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Ascot 2.10 Lough Derg Was fascinating to watch last season when he was battling it out with Kauto Star for the order of merit but has gone off the boil a bit on his last runs, but one factor which stands out to me is that he seems to come to life in December where his form reads 14121 which is a 60% strike rate plus he won this last year which could be a nice trend to follow, Also on this day in December last year David Pipe managed a 1,560/1 Treble with Lough Derg, Osana & Vodka Bleu all winning. Selection Lough Derg 16/1

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Funny enough Tip i fancy Pipe to have a good day also and i think DOM D'ORGEVAL 1.05 Ascot who is as big as 33's with some firms has a very decent e/w chance and although Pipe isn't saying to much about this one it was a very decent hurdler and won its first two chases and is on a very fair weight today imo. Can bounce back here and run a big race.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. I was comtemplating an Ascot bet to keep in with the jumps theme for today but decided to stick to the AW as I spent a few hours going through the 2.05 at Lingers last night. 2.05 Lingfield I've been hugely impressed with Suits Me's achievements in recent weeks. He's been lumbering massive weights around the all weather scene but has continually defied the handicapper and his progression into listed events was inevitable following his recent win off 103 whoch prompted a 5 lb rise in his rating. His tactics are well advertised, he will try and make all under Micky Fenton, but the jockey seems to know where he stands with this horse and they are looking for a five timer here. Dansant, as a four time listed winner, ranks as the main danger in my opinion but Eddie Ahern will proabably sit mid division and make his move late on, but I think the rest of the field will be doing the same, and that Suits Me may be able to dictate the pace, kick clear in the stretch, and make Tom Tate's journey south, for what is his only runner of the day, a profitable one. 4/1 Pppower. Final Selections Spooner: 2.45 Ascot - Ashkazar 11/2 (EW 1/4 odds 5 places) Tipster: 2.10 Ascot - Lough Derg 16/1 (EW 1/5 odds 3 places) Ted: 1.05 Ascot - Dom D'orgeval 25/1 (EW 1/4 odds 3 places) Fin: 2.05 Lingfield - Suits Me 4/1 (EW 1/4 odds on 2 places) C'mon guys lets give everyone an Xmas boost :hope

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. I did try and find something at big prices as I've done in previous weeks but there was nothing I felt confident about so I would be putting something up for the sake of it. With Suits Me, the bet still breaks even if it places and I fancy it quite strongly so included it. If anyone has a juicy priced horse that can be used as an alternative, feel free to sub it in but there was nothing priced above 6/1 that I thought would win on the AW and the two 6/1 shots I like aren't ones I fancy as strongly as Suits Me. My record over the jumps is dire and whilst I fancy Katchit, that two is only 2 pts bigger than Suits Me. Sorry guys.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. 3.50 Great Leighs I think Samarinda has claims for what looks to be a wide open event. Pam Sly's gelding looks competitively weighted as he often competes in this grade and is only 4 lbs higher than his last win at this level which came at Kempton in October. He was starting from a poor draw that day so was held up, and he may have to do the same from stall 10 today, but he seems versatile tactics wise as he's won from the front and racing in mid-division too, so he could be adaptable depending how the race pans out. Hopefully his last run can be ignored as he broke badly.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. I'm reading this thread with interest !.............just thought I'd stick my oar in with an opinion........:spank I wonder if you guys should be doing a Yankee instead of a L15 ? I always think it's a waste of 8 stakes on L15 because to win anything you need 2 winners anyway.........1 winner only and it has to be around 5 or 6/1 to just get those 8 extra stakes back ! And if you 'save' those 8 stakes you effectivley get a 'free' yankee every 4th week ! Just my opinion..........:tongue2

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15.

I'm reading this thread with interest !.............just thought I'd stick my oar in with an opinion........:spank I wonder if you guys should be doing a Yankee instead of a L15 ? I always think it's a waste of 8 stakes on L15 because to win anything you need 2 winners anyway.........1 winner only and it has to be around 5 or 6/1 to just get those 8 extra stakes back ! And if you 'save' those 8 stakes you effectivley get a 'free' yankee every 4th week ! Just my opinion..........:tongue2
Will get back to this later.... We are a man down and i havn't heard from Stew so do you fancy filling in the day Trotter

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Carlisle 1.55 Matmata De Tendron has stand out form over G&D reading 212411 winning off 11-3 but does have to cope with a step up in class but could be a big danger on off his 10-7 mark. Will postthisas i fancy this one on the Carlisle thread. Selection Matmata De Tendron @ 6/1