** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The FTTS E/W Lucky 15.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Leicester 12.45 Helpston Can see this gelding making the frame, Only 2 1/2 Lengths behind Charity Lane on his Novice hurdle debut and could build upon that and go well again, Does have to cope with a slight rise in the weights and a Class rise which shouldnt trouble him that much in what could be a weak contest. Helpston 7/1 currently with paddy power. :nana Great Stuff Mate :ok

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15.

4.15 KEMPTON~DUKE OF MILLAN Quirky horse who is hard to catch right but has ability. Doesn't win as many races as he should. Ran well enough on return and if the horse settles has a good chance today. Price is a bit tight but will have to do! Currently 9/1 with Paddy
Ouch..btn by a nose :puke

Aye, it wasn't fair to judge really after two first choice picks were NR's and subs had to be made. Mine for today comes from the last at Kempton 5.15 Kempton The Racing Post have napped Sendredi, the 2/1 favourite in this race, on the basis that he should get a good lead from his draw. I beg to differ. The presence of Dawson's Creek and Divertimenti, both drawn high too, means this race could be run at a furious speed, and I think it is an ideal opportunity for a hold up performer to pick their pockets late on. With Tobar Suil Lady withdrawn, an alternative pick at a juicy price could be Sofia's Star. S Dow's gelding was a recent winner at Windsor in this grade off a 7 lb lower mark, but didn't get the race run to suit last time out at the same track. The RP commented that he probably wanted a stronger pace, and as mentioned above, I think he will indeed get that today. 16's with Bet 365 no PP prices up just yet.
:nana:nana Cracker Fin :ok

Sunday 30th Nov Fin~5.15 KEMPTON SOFIA'S STAR 12/1 1st~14/1 Ted~4.15 KEMPTON DUKE OF MILLAN 15/2 2nd~15/2 Tip~12.45 LEICESTER HELPSTON 7/1 1st~7/1 Spooner~4.45 KEMPTON OVERSTAYED 7/1 unp 1pt e/w lucky15 30pts Return 207.5pts What can i say after the drama of yesterday that was a superb effort today! Only second attempt and so nearly over a 1000 pt return only for Duke Of Millan hitting the front a shade to soon. Tip gave us the start we wanted with an easy 4l winner and man of the moment Fin ended it when his horse burst through the pack to win at a massive 14/1. Thread is now 184.3 in profit :clap:clap:clap:clap There's one thing for sure this thread won't be dull if the last two days are anything to go by. So join the dream team of Fin,Ted,Tip and Spooner (FTTS) next weekend or miss them at your peril!!!

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. In the excitement of last week i did not take the 30pts off for sundays lucky 15 :$ New totals below. Tomorrows bets will all be up by about 11.30 Sat morn and i will then put them up shortly after with PP prices and the amount that can be won if all four come in. C'mon another big effort lads to keep the profit ticking over:ok BETS~2 TOTAL STAKED~60pts P/L~+154.3

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Sandown 3.05 Kings Revenge (Currently 8/1) Blinkers seems to of bought out the best in this gelding on his last two outings and he can improve on his 3rd 3 weeks ago, Does have to put up with a slight rise in the weights but again he could be ahead of the handicapper on his last two performances, Also taking into account the favourite is coming off a 1075 day break so coud be a weak race. Selection Kings Revenge

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. 5.00 Great Leighs £11k is up for grabs in this class 2 handicap over a mile and a quarter but only 7 runners are vying for the prize. The ones that appeal ay the weights are Suits Me, Art Man and Mafeking. Suits Me arrives in excellent form and was one I backed for his last run. He drifted out to a massive 6/1 from 4's even though he was only one of a few proven in the grade last time out. The same scenario occurs here as only he and Mafeking are proven at this level. It was Mafeking that chased him home last time and that rival is 5 lbs better off as he seeks to overturn a one and a half lengh defeat to the Tom Tate runner last time out. Mafeking is getting sharper with every run and was entitled to need the race when 4/4 here at the beginning of last month. He won a £9k Lingfield handicap at this level in January off 86 so races off a mark only 1 lb higher here. The RP make an interesting point in one of the write ups after one of his previous wins - both of his last two wins have come when he has been turned out within a week of his last run and the number of days since his last run today is 7! He is certainly weighted to get close to Suits Me. Moynahan wasn't far behing in third in that race but isn't weighted to get any closer to Mafeking. Art Man was behind the aforementioned trio in that Kempton race and hasn't yet won above class 3 level, although he is racing off a mark only 1 lb higher than his last win. Big Robert, Moynaham, Bon Spiel and Kayak have never won handicaps in the UK and I'lll quite readily pass over all as a result. Mafeking is 11/2 with Ppower but 7's (frustratingly) everywhere else.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Wolv 18:50 - Our Acquaintance (8/1) Picking one of probably the worst races on Saturday but I like Our Acquaintance here, I watched this one run at Southwell back in Novemeber and he showed enough that day to sugest he would be winning again soon. He is stepping down in class tonight. Gets this 6f trip ok, Franny Norton takes the ride. At the prices he will be the bet.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. 1.25 SANDOWN~HARRIS BAY 16/1 PP Another one of these hot and cold horses can win this if in the right frame of mind if not may pull itself up! Has a couple of wins round here and Graham Lee is riding well and has won on the horse .All in all i think worth taking a chance at the price.

Fin~5.00 GREAT LEIGHS-MAFEKING 11/2 Ted~1.25 SANDOWN-HARRIS BAY 16/1 Tip~3.05 SANDOWN-KINGS REVENGE 8/1 Spooner~6.50 WOLVES-OUR ACQUAINTANCE 8/1 1pt E/W LUCKY 15 WITH PP ALL PRICES GAR 30pts Invested Potential Return~13,499 P/L +124.3
A place from Spooner saves us from a complete shambles today! As our old school report would read "must do better" A measly 2.6 return P/L +126.9

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. 13:00 Ling - Norcroft Norcroft looks like winning a race soon and he is stepped up in trip here, The last time he was seen over such trip was in July 05 at this track, He came 2nd of 12 runners so he can clearly handle the distance fine. He has just been running very solid on the all-weather and he will pop up soon with a win, worth following.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Three of us have posted this in the Lingfield thread so i think it has got to be included with it being a decent price. 12.00 Lingfield <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Triskaidekaphobia has slipped to a decent mark, 3 lbs lower than his last win in January, and hinted that he may be ready to win again with a decent third behind Fast Freddie last time out. He is prolific over this trip at Wolverhampton where he has won four times, and although he was well beaten in two runs previous to that, he did have an absence and a poor draw to overcome at both Wolverhampton and Great Leighs. He’s drawn wide again today but I personally don't place much emphasis on a draw bias at this course and he could still get the lead he wants as the majority of these seem to want to race further back in the field.