** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rakeback Deals

JulioArca

Apologies if this one has been done to death before :tongue2 I have never bothered with rakeback before as I play small stakes and didn't think it was worth the trouble. On further investigation (ie looking at the figures on Poker Tracker) it may be worthwhile after all :eek Whats the best deal for new signups (just in case I haven't already signed up for that site) and is there any retrospective deals out there? :gimme

Re: Rakeback Deals If you email FullTilt about rakeback saying you dont play there because you dont get it on your account, they'll reply with some bull that they cannot offer rakeback at this time but are investigating options for players like you - then a week or two later they'll email you offering you rakeback :ok

Re: Rakeback Deals Ladbrokes replied with details of Cashback deal which involved 10,000 points in a month or nothing - think I will pass on that one as I dont like the idea of playing for 16 hours on the last day of the month just to get something back. Full Tilt - "There are a number of affiliate companies which offer rakeback if players sign up to Full Tilt Poker through their website. However, it appears that you were referred to Full Tilt Poker from an affiliate which does not offer rakeback. We are unable to switch your account from this affiliate to another, as our agreement with affiliates prohibits this. " Virgin pointed me to a link involving new sign-ups - doh :wall Its looking like I will have to sign up to yet another site where I dont have an account!

Re: Rakeback Deals

Virgin pointed me to a link involving new sign-ups - doh :wall
I have several rakeback deals through an affiliate site and a couple of others on here have signed up to rakeback on Virgin through my referral. I know they had existing accounts but they still managed to get a rakeback. I'm not sure how they did it but I think it did involve downloading (again) from the new sign up link but when you register you input your existing account data. PM me if you want further details.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Rakeback Deals i emailed full tilt and got this, will they email me in 1 or 2 weeks or should i look for an affilaitte and get rakeback there also is % rakeback how much u contribute to the rake or what. Also can u get rakeback on pokerstars. Hello Niall, Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support. You?ve asked about the possibility of receiving rakeback but at this time, Full Tilt Poker does not offer rakeback directly to players. However, there are a number of affiliate companies which offer rakeback if players sign up to Full Tilt Poker through their website. In order to be tracked to your affiliate you must enter the referral code which they provide, when signing up for your Full Tilt Poker account. When creating your Full Tilt Poker account you will be prompted to enter the referral code on the same screen where you choose your player ID and password. If you are not given the option to enter a referral code, your account has been automatically linked to an affiliate via a banner tracking link. Please note that the referral code cannot be added to your account once it has been created. To learn more about our software, please visit our website at: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/getting-started.php and click on "Take Our Tour". Feel free to check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section of our website to see answers to a variety of commonly-asked questions: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/about-faq If there?s anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us. Kind Regards, Ben Full Tilt Poker Support

Re: Rakeback Deals No rakeback on Pokerstars. I presume from the email that you dont already have an account on Full Tilt? (you are only allowed one account per lifetime :tongue2) If you dont have an account, then yes, sign up for a new account through a rakeback site - 27% rakeback is the going rate at Full Tilt - I dont think anyone can exceed that :unsure The Hendon Mob were offering 27% rakeback and various other perks (not looked lately) - so might be a good place to look at first :ok

Re: Rakeback Deals Agree on betfair, software is terrible. I've used kickback deals which suit me better than rakeback if I am planning not to play long term on a given site. Over the short term they work out a lot better than rakeback. There are several reputable sites out there for kickback deals, I hope it is OK that I mention PokerSource which is the one I use and can recommend.

Re: Rakeback Deals Hi Guys, I mentioned this in mods forum recently, about some PL players being tied up because of signing up through here. As a not very active poker player, rakeback was something I just kind of never bothered getting round to understanding in full. I now do, and want to make sure we are getting good RB deals for PL members too. Been feeling a bit rough last few days, but rest assured this is on the agenda.

• 3 months later...

Re: Rakeback Deals I am really keen to get in on Rakeback now that I am starting again online after a short break .... Is it possible to sign up with pokerkings with rakeback despite having a paradise account already... I am just not keen on buying US$ atm and it seems boss media can be kept in any currency (Including Aus$ :cow)

Re: Rakeback Deals You can get a Pokerkings account if you already have a Paradise account :ok If you get it through the PL link, then you are also on the 30% rakeback deal automatically :ok (subject to minimum rake paid of €100 in month from 15th to 14th). You can not keep money in any currency however. The currency of Boss is Euro's and if you open a pokerkings account, it will be in Euros. Some Boss sites (Paradise/Virgin off the top of my head) dont use the Boss banking and allow you to keep the account in the currency of your choice. Every time you log on to the poker you convert it into Euros - when you log off, it is converted back to your account and currency at the same exchange rate you received when logging on (i.e. you face no exchange rate losses)

You can not keep money in any currency however. The currency of Boss is Euro's and if you open a pokerkings account' date=' it will be in Euros. Some Boss sites (Paradise/Virgin off the top of my head) dont use the Boss banking and allow you to keep the account in the currency of your choice. Every time you log on to the poker you convert it into Euros - when you log off, it is converted back to your account and currency at the same exchange rate you received when logging on (i.e. you face no exchange rate losses)[/quote'] So you are saying that Pokerkings does use boss banking and I have to buy Euro?

Re: Rakeback Deals You need to email support (with pin number from Profile screen) and ask them for the amount of rake you have paid in the current rake period (recommend you define it too - 15th March to now - as I think this period applies to Pokerkings only...). Sometimes they reply very quickly (within the hour) - sometimes it takes a little longer....

Re: Rakeback Deals I'm pretty sure Pokerheaven, Fortune and Celeb all use Boss Banking Interpoker I dont know O poker I've never heard of. With Boss - they have a rather bizarre rule that you can only create 3 accounts per PC - however once you have your accounts, you can play on as many as you want (though obviously not simultaneously). If you reach your limit of 3 accounts - there are a number of ways around it: - mojopac on a USB stick (this seems the best option) - Virtual PC - free from microsoft, but needs a full installation of Windows in your virtual PC - so time consuming - Use a friends PC - install the software, create your account, then uninstall the software from your friends machine - rebuild your machine and reinstall windows - this seems to reset the limit (but obviously not something you want to do lightly)

• 2 weeks later...

You can get some great rakeback deals on prima! You just have to know "how" to get them :)
So long as they dont disappear with your money - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/microgaming-poker-scandal-licensee-liquidation-poker-players-abandoned-owed-5-3m-452491/ Microgaming dont guarantee players funds on the network and dont ringfence players funds - they are "high risk" (especially if going through "dodgy" rakeback skins ;))

So long as they dont disappear with your money - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/microgaming-poker-scandal-licensee-liquidation-poker-players-abandoned-owed-5-3m-452491/ Microgaming dont guarantee players funds on the network and dont ringfence players funds - they are "high risk" (especially if going through "dodgy" rakeback skins ;))
Thats a whole different deal man :) I lost most of my bankroll in the TUSK scandals, playing at RedNines at the time. The issue there was that a seperate company, TUSK, was handling the money for the sites that were closed down. On other sites, Microgaming was handling the money, these were not closed down. Microgaming had repeadly warned the sites, like RedNines, that were offering 60%+ rakeback deals and finally didnt provide any "protection" when they didnt listen. So thats what happened, still waiting to see if I will get anything back though, players are speculating that we might get some % back :) The deals I were talking about are at reputable primaskins where the sites themselves are offering the standard 30% that is allowed by microgaming and are also giving a "bonus rakeback" in addition to this. That is why you are able to get much higher rb deals. So you are 100% safe playing at sites like Eurolinx, PL, BoB etc. And by the way, once you've signed up through an affiliate, you can always check with support at the skin and confirm exactly what deal you are on. Since the payments are made through the pokersite itself, there is no risk that you wont get your money. The only case would be if an affiliate for example gives you 55% rakeback and tells you that he/she will personally transfer an additional 5% each month. They could of course decide to not give you this 5%.

Re: Rakeback Deals Pokertrillion recently went under (and reincarnated under a new name) - so far as I know, no players lost any funds because players funds were ringfenced under their regulations. Microgaming/Prima do not offer the same level of protection/security as sites that protect players funds. How many players that lost money with Tusk (I didn't) had heard of tusk before the problems? How many thought that their funds were with Microgaming, and safe, with one of the biggest poker networks?