** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions league - Matchday 5 - Tuesday 25th November

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Tuesday 25th November Zenit – Juventus: Draw @ 3.80 (Bet365) 10/10 As a result of their group standing, injuries and rotation of players, I think Juventus will play for the draw and I believe they can get it against a Zenit team that hasn't won yet a CL match at home. Zenit wasn't able to win against Bate Borisov and I don't think will be able to win tonight against an Italian team that would be more than happy with the draw point. Aalborg – Celtic: Aalborg Win @ 3.00 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 I can't understand why Celtic are favourites in this match. IMO there isn't much to separate these teams. Furthermore, Celtic have a terrible away CL record and they have had a few injury issues. The draw result doesn't do any good to either team so I believe the home advantage for the Danish team could give them the win. The odds are good, I think for Aalborg. Fenerbache – Porto: Porto Win @ 3.20 (Bet365) 10/10 Fener needs the win more than Porto, so I think they will have to risk in going forward. This will leave enough space for Porto to score against a leaky Fener defense on the counter attack. Porto has enough class and experience to defeat a hot and cold Fener side tonight and just about clinch promotion to the next CL round. Fiorentina – Lyon: Fiorentina Win @ 2.25 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Lyon will probably play for the draw, but Fiorentina is very strong at home and they have tremendous confidence after their 4-2 win against Udinese. Lyon has been a bit leaky at the back this year so I believe that Fiorentina will at least score one more goal to win the game and keep their chances alive for qualification to the next round. Villareal – Manchester United: Villareal Win @ 3.20 (Bet365) 10/10 The draw in this match is bound to attract a lot of bets. Both teams have qualified, I think, for the next round so a loss either way isn't an issue. Man U has a derby match against Man City this weekend and they have not been completely convincing in their away performances. Villareal is very strong at home, scores a lot and the glory of defeating the CL champions should also be taken into account. The odds for the home win given the circumstances is too high and should be taken.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Tuesday 25th November I think Celtic will get the monkey off their backs tonight. Many of the reasons are mentioned in this thread already, but the primary ones becing thay are a better side (Aalborg have a poor record in a poor leage, Celtic have a good record in a poor league) Celtic can qualify whereas Aalborg cannot, and Celtic's recent away form has been better of late. The only pro for the Danes, aside from obviously home advantage, is Celtic's gash away form; but all trends come to an end, and I think Celtic's will tonight. Celtic @ 2.54 (all prices from Betfair) In Manchester, Utd only need a draw to progress, and Villareal will be close to progression with one also. In these situations the games oh so often end in a draw, and I see another one tonight. The odds are shorter than usual, but all factors considered, I still think its a god bet. Draw @ 2.92

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Tuesday 25th November

Have to disagree with Man Utd, think that game looks very drawish. The teams have met 3 times in recent years, in 05/06 and in Matchday 1 back in September, all were tight games that ended 0-0. The same result would suit both teams here in order for them to qualify. Villarreal come into this one off a shock 3-0 loss at home to Valladolid but I don't know whether they rested players or not. Utd have been struggling away from home this season, drawing a lot and looking unconvincing at times away to Everton, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa, Celtic. Villarreal will be desperate to avoid a last game shootout against Celtic at Celtic Park ( which would happen should Man Utd win and Celtic win in Aalborg leaving Celtic needing to beat Villarreal by more than one goal on matchday six to progress). A draw would suit Utd in that they would only have to match what Villarreal do on matchday six to top the group, and considering they are at home to Aalborg and Villarreal travel to Celtic, even with fringe players United should win that comfortably so a draw would pretty much gurantee them top spot here. If this is 0-0 or 1-1 going into the last 15 minutes or so I don't envisage any side pushing for the win and with the teams so evenly matched in previous games another draw looks likely. Draw a lot lower than usual at 2/1. I'm with AJ, can't have Celtic at odds on here with our away record, Aalborg are no mugs and will fancy their chances here.
Just the one bet for me tonight then. Villarreal v Man Utd draw - 2.92 Think the odds on Aalborg offer good value but won't be betting against my own team. Hope there are two away wins in group E :hope but I don't see it.

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Tuesday 25th November Staked high enough on the Over in St Petersburg, but also added Zenith to win to nil as insurance. - it is true, the Italians know how to control the pace in most games, but far too many regulars are missing for Juventus. Man to man Zenith will simply have a better team tonight, they want the points badly... - imo Advocaat is a better Manager than Ranieri, and despite the tactical culture all Italian teams have in excess, the Little General will outsmart Juventus... - weather also helps...so does the fact Zenith won't have to worry who they play next, as their league is over, while Juventus have a eon-long marathon in front of them. It is only Reggina they welcome on Sunday, but that injury list won't get any shorter, unless the big names are rested... Valuewise it has to be Juventus - this will be probably a rare opportunity to get odds above 3,5/4,00 for the Old Lady. Everything else points at HW though. If any ''games'' behind the curtain ( one would always think Juventus are YET AGAIN involved ), well then - I would expect Juventus to drop the game by a single goal and leave the Russians and Real to sort it out at Bernabeu. God forbid a decider with Real at home :) - 4-3 vs Numancia, 1-0 vs Recre, 3-2 vs Bilbao, 2-2 vs Espanyol, 0-2 vs Juventus and a ''thrashing'' of BATE...

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Tuesday 25th November These are my two bets for tonight: 1) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/LuigItaliano2/25_11_08_1.jpg 5€ on Bayern- Steaua 1 Fenerbahce- Porto 1 Bate- Real Madrid 2 [Leicester- Crewe 1] Particularry I bet on Fenerbache home win against Porto because I strongly believe that Fenerbahce wants absolutly get the UEFA Cup final that will be held in Istanbul. Looking at the absences, Lucho Gonzales missing this match on Porto's side will be the most important one. Aragones is read to depoly Guiza, Emre, Alex and Semih all togheter. And the home supporters will have, as often in Istanbul, a great importance on home team morale. This is why I went for home win. 2) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/LuigItaliano2/25_11_08_2.jpg 5€ on Bayern- Steaua 1 Arsenal- Dinamo Kyiv X [Leicester- Crewe 1] In this other combo I choosed Arsenal drawing Dinamo mainly because I think that the tensions that there have been in the Arsenal's group could have an important role against a team like Dinamo that is ready to strongly defend their penalty area. And morale is very important when you have to score a goal against a strong defence attitude. And each minutes that passes makes you more and more nervous. Of course if Arsenal should score within the first 20 minutes I think I have lost this bet, but of course I will hope for the opposite... Good luck to all! Luigi

Zenit St Petersburg - Juventus over 2.5 Now that Zenit have finished their domestic competition, they can concenrate on qualifying for the next round of the CL. They are a team that naturally likes to attack and at home they will do this to get the vital three points they need. However they also tend to allow goals to be scored against them, so there is a strong possibility that Juve will be able to score on them too, even if some of their players are out, they still have quality in their side. Villareal - Man Utd draw Both teams are on 8 points with a draw here givng them a point teach and passage to the next round. Ferguson looks like resting Ronaldo and with Berbatov out, then some of thier attacking options are reduced. They had a draw at Old Trafford and once again it looks likely heregiven these interesting comments by Villareal's coach Pelligrini who said: "It's clear that our first aim is to qualify then to be first,'' he said. "If we are, all the better, but if the draw qualifies us, I will be happy. Both teams want to be first and they're going out onto the pitch with that intention, but what's really important is to qualify which we will equally do if we are second." The last three meetings between the two teams have ended goaless. More of the same here. AaB Aalborg - Celtic over 2.5 Both teams are on 3 points and will look for a win here to give them an outside qualification to make the next round. A draw doesn't help either side so they will go for it. Both teams have conceded goals in their last 3 games in the CL, and this should be an open game given what is at stake for each team. While Aalborg have been scorng goals and Celtic struggle to win away from home would suggets a home win, look to Celtic to have a real go at them, and this could see quite a few goals scored. Bayern Munich -1.5 Bayern have already beaten Steaua away 1-0 and look for them to continue their good recent domestic form with a win by at least two goals here. Steaua have yet to score away from home in thier 2 previous CL matches in this group while Bayern did thump Fiorentina 3-0 in their last home game, and with the strikers of Klose and Toni, backed by Ribery, they have the players to score goals here against a somewhat ordinary Steaua defence. Fiorentina - Lyon over 2.5 Fiorentina must win this game if they are to have any chance to qualify for the next round while Lyon will also like to win to strengthen thier chances of topping the group and then getting the advantage of playing at home in the second leg of the next round of games. Fresh from beating Udinese 4-2 oon the weekend, Fiorentina will go out on the attack to ge the goals they need but Lyon have players like Benzema who can score too. Lyon and have scored and conceded in both of their away games in these group matches, while Fiorentina will look to score one more or concede one less for their previous ecounter with Lyon which ended in a 2-2 draw. Fenerbahce - Porto over 2.5 Last chance for Fenerbahce to stake a claim for the nexct round while Porto will look to get three points and pretty mcuh guarantee a spot in the next round. Fenerbahce have gone over in 3 of their 5 CL games including 2 of 3 at home while Porto have gone over in 3 of 4 CL games including both away games. Fenerbahce will go all out on the attack to get the three points but becasue they have a couple of their defenders out, this will even more so leave them being more open to counter attacks and goals Arsenal - Dynamo Kiev under 2.5 Arsenal have not allowed a goal at home in both CL games while Dynamo Kiev have not allowed a goal in both away games in the CL. With the problems that Arsenal has been having especially their inability to score fom the numerous chances they create, and Kiev's strong defence, then Arsenal will be happ with a point here as it will give them a passage into the next round. After their domestic form has been poor by their standards they will look to get some confidence from getting at least a point so look to them to play a conservative game as Wenger needs a result here for the team's morale to improve. BATE Borisov - Real Madrid over 2.5 Borisov will go into this game with little to lose as they have an outside chacce of qualifying however it is unlikley, they will still have a go. Madrid have shown that they are not that dominant away from home and both away gaames have gone over, while Borisov were able to score twice against Juve in their 2-2 draw at home before losing to Zenit 2-0 at home. Madrid has too many good players in their side and they will be apprehensive not getting the three points here as Zenit can jump the if they beat Juve in the earlier game.
I like the analysis, so i backed these selections in an 8-fold, £3 @ 252.78 :loon I had to replace the Bayern bet to a straight win though @ 1.30

One more point on tonights main game ;);) Aalborg domestically are not doing that well, they sit 7th after 15 games on 17 points. I know the SPL gets alot of criticism on here but I think 90% of people who know anything about football will agree Scottish football domestically is of a higher standerd than the Danish SAS Ligaen. One more stat about Aalborg, their home form domestically this year is not the best - (1 3 4) I know domestic football goas out the window when it comes to a European night but just found these stats interesting GL with all your bets :ok
Some interesting points...Aalborg are struggling in Danish League but they have picked up since they announced they were parting company with Bruce Rioch. They were debating whether the Danish League is weaker/stronger than the SPL on Talksport last night, opinion was somewhat divided, personally I think they are pretty comparable, with the main differences that Celtic/Rangers are better than the top sides in Denmark but the weaker sides in Denmark are probably stronger than the weaker sides in the SPL. I 'think' Celtic are backable at 6/4, but I won't be putting anything on, their CL away record deters me in a big way as I put a lot of emphasis on trends. I'd rather back Celtic than Aalborg, I think a draw is pretty likely though.

Some interesting points...Aalborg are struggling in Danish League but they have picked up since they announced they were parting company with Bruce Rioch. They were debating whether the Danish League is weaker/stronger than the SPL on Talksport last night, opinion was somewhat divided, personally I think they are pretty comparable, with the main differences that Celtic/Rangers are better than the top sides in Denmark but the weaker sides in Denmark are probably stronger than the weaker sides in the SPL. I 'think' Celtic are backable at 6/4, but I won't be putting anything on, their CL away record deters me in a big way as I put a lot of emphasis on trends. I'd rather back Celtic than Aalborg, I think a draw is pretty likely though.
I normally do aswell mate, but I really believe trends come to an end at some point and I also really really believe this trend will be neded tonight by a Celtic win in Denmark :hope

Any opinions on Arsenal.?? Bit of a crisis at the moment, any of our gunner punters shed any light on their team tonight..? Cheers in advance :ok
Well it's going to be be a tough game I think, but with Arsenal you never know. ;) Gallas is going to play tonight, but Fabregas is the new permanent captain. I'm having trouble to know what to make of this situation as Gallas agent claims he isn't going anywhere in January either. Merida is thought to be starting tonight, but it isn't confirmed. Nasri, Adebayor, Diaby, Sagna, Walcott, Eboue, Eduardo, Rosicky and Touré are all out! So it's gonna be plenty of Carling Cup players making up the bench. And obviously the starting linup will be very much weakened compared to the regular side. Will probably look much like the side that lost at City I think, maybe a couple of changes like Merida/Wilshere and Ramsey coming into the side.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventAalborg vs Celtic
SelectionCeltic
Strength10/10
Date25/11/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.56 (Back)
ReasoningI remember seeing Aalborg at Parkhead a few months ago and they were very poor. Celtic should have won the game and I believe the Bhoys are in much better form than they were a few months ago. Celtics’ away record in Europe is something that always comes up and rightly so as it is disastrous but this is possibly the weakest side we have faced in Europe and this is a massive chance to end the away day blues. Samaras is back in the team and that can only be a big plus in a must win game for the Bhoys.

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Tuesday 25th November Arsenal vs Dynamo Kiev Arsenal for the win tonight for me, Arsenal need a confidence booster before there big game with Chelsea this weekend and by beating Dynamo Kiev and securing there place in the knockout phases of the Champions League they will get it. With all eyes on Gallas, the rest of the Arsenal players will no doubt be up for this game and with the game being played at the Emirates, Dynamo have no chance here. Arsenal @ 1/2 Betfair £10 Staked, Potential Return £20. Bayern Munich vs Steaua Bucuresti Bayern are level on points with Lyon, With them wanting to qualify as winners and Staua Bucuresti being terrible in the Champions League I can only see one winner here. Bayern @ 1/3 Betdaq Arsenal and Bayern Munich Double @ 2.00 Ladbrokes £50 Staked, Potential Return £100. Good Luck :hope

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Tuesday 25th November Arsenal to bounce back @ 1.58 they basically have to, Fabregas needs to control the game, an early goal and Arsenal could return to their free flowing football. Sulky Frenchman William Gallas needs to perform at the back, wouldn't surprise me if he did score from a set-piece though tonight.These things do happen in football.

Well it's going to be be a tough game I think, but with Arsenal you never know. ;) Gallas is going to play tonight, but Fabregas is the new permanent captain. I'm having trouble to know what to make of this situation as Gallas agent claims he isn't going anywhere in January either. Merida is thought to be starting tonight, but it isn't confirmed. Nasri, Adebayor, Diaby, Sagna, Walcott, Eboue, Eduardo, Rosicky and Touré are all out! So it's gonna be plenty of Carling Cup players making up the bench. And obviously the starting linup will be very much weakened compared to the regular side. Will probably look much like the side that lost at City I think, maybe a couple of changes like Merida/Wilshere and Ramsey coming into the side.
Cheers for the opinions and info mate, didnt realise how man injuries they had, think I;; avoid this game tonight :ok

Cheers for the opinions and info mate' date=' didnt realise how man injuries they had, think I;; avoid this game tonight :ok[/quote'] Avoid? Kiev are priced at 8.00 on most bookies so why avoid? It's not necessary to avoid but it would be smart to bet on Kiev instead of avoiding. Everyone thinks Arsenal will bounce back like before. Now is a time not to avoid, I see a great chance to win a lot.

Avoid? Kiev are priced at 8.00 on most bookies so why avoid? It's not necessary to avoid but it would be smart to bet on Kiev instead of avoiding. Everyone thinks Arsenal will bounce back like before. Now is a time not to avoid, I see a great chance to win a lot.
Yeah mate I am going to avoid it because I dont fancy Kiev, I did fancy Arsenal until I heard their injuries so I'd rather avoid the game now :D

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Tuesday 25th November Looking at the Man Utd team tonight they include Fletcher & Ronaldo despite injury scares! Seems to me Man Utd are after top spot and I like to have a bit of value: Man Utd Win @2.68 **** Man Utd -1 HCP @6.00 ** Man Utd -2 HCP @17.00 * First Goalscorer: Ronaldo @5.50 *** Villareal have injury worries and they do not have their normal strike combination available! Also added to the fact they lost for the first time this season last weekend to lowly Valldolid 3 nil... Man Utd have to be backed at the odds. :ok all courtesy of paddypower odds

:lolI actually laughed loudly there, people turned round and looked at me:lol On a serious note, been speaking to a few fellow fans and I seem to be the most optmisitic out of the lot of us. I really have a cracking feeling about tonight, as I said in my earlier post from the day the draw was made I have had this game pin pointed as the night we will win out first CL away game. McGeady could be back and this could add a great threat and attacking option to get at the Danes defense. IMO if they do come out and attack us as they have said in the press I think it will play into Celtic's hands, we are a good solid unit but sometimes when teams stick 11 men behind the ball we find it difficult to break them down. If they come out and attack it will give big Samars and Skippy space to run into and also generate space for McGeady, Maloney and Naka to do their maghic :ok Still sticking with CELTIC WIN tonight :D
LOL betting with your heart and not with your head, no place for that on this website, lets hope no one listened to your tips. BJK

Zenit St Petersburg - Juventus over 2.5 Now that Zenit have finished their domestic competition, they can concenrate on qualifying for the next round of the CL. They are a team that naturally likes to attack and at home they will do this to get the vital three points they need. However they also tend to allow goals to be scored against them, so there is a strong possibility that Juve will be able to score on them too, even if some of their players are out, they still have quality in their side. Villareal - Man Utd draw Both teams are on 8 points with a draw here givng them a point teach and passage to the next round. Ferguson looks like resting Ronaldo and with Berbatov out, then some of thier attacking options are reduced. They had a draw at Old Trafford and once again it looks likely heregiven these interesting comments by Villareal's coach Pelligrini who said: "It's clear that our first aim is to qualify then to be first,'' he said. "If we are, all the better, but if the draw qualifies us, I will be happy. Both teams want to be first and they're going out onto the pitch with that intention, but what's really important is to qualify which we will equally do if we are second." The last three meetings between the two teams have ended goaless. More of the same here. AaB Aalborg - Celtic over 2.5 Both teams are on 3 points and will look for a win here to give them an outside qualification to make the next round. A draw doesn't help either side so they will go for it. Both teams have conceded goals in their last 3 games in the CL, and this should be an open game given what is at stake for each team. While Aalborg have been scorng goals and Celtic struggle to win away from home would suggets a home win, look to Celtic to have a real go at them, and this could see quite a few goals scored. Bayern Munich -1.5 Bayern have already beaten Steaua away 1-0 and look for them to continue their good recent domestic form with a win by at least two goals here. Steaua have yet to score away from home in thier 2 previous CL matches in this group while Bayern did thump Fiorentina 3-0 in their last home game, and with the strikers of Klose and Toni, backed by Ribery, they have the players to score goals here against a somewhat ordinary Steaua defence. Fiorentina - Lyon over 2.5 Fiorentina must win this game if they are to have any chance to qualify for the next round while Lyon will also like to win to strengthen thier chances of topping the group and then getting the advantage of playing at home in the second leg of the next round of games. Fresh from beating Udinese 4-2 oon the weekend, Fiorentina will go out on the attack to ge the goals they need but Lyon have players like Benzema who can score too. Lyon and have scored and conceded in both of their away games in these group matches, while Fiorentina will look to score one more or concede one less for their previous ecounter with Lyon which ended in a 2-2 draw. Fenerbahce - Porto over 2.5 Last chance for Fenerbahce to stake a claim for the nexct round while Porto will look to get three points and pretty mcuh guarantee a spot in the next round. Fenerbahce have gone over in 3 of their 5 CL games including 2 of 3 at home while Porto have gone over in 3 of 4 CL games including both away games. Fenerbahce will go all out on the attack to get the three points but becasue they have a couple of their defenders out, this will even more so leave them being more open to counter attacks and goals Arsenal - Dynamo Kiev under 2.5 Arsenal have not allowed a goal at home in both CL games while Dynamo Kiev have not allowed a goal in both away games in the CL. With the problems that Arsenal has been having especially their inability to score fom the numerous chances they create, and Kiev's strong defence, then Arsenal will be happ with a point here as it will give them a passage into the next round. After their domestic form has been poor by their standards they will look to get some confidence from getting at least a point so look to them to play a conservative game as Wenger needs a result here for the team's morale to improve. BATE Borisov - Real Madrid over 2.5 Borisov will go into this game with little to lose as they have an outside chacce of qualifying however it is unlikley, they will still have a go. Madrid have shown that they are not that dominant away from home and both away gaames have gone over, while Borisov were able to score twice against Juve in their 2-2 draw at home before losing to Zenit 2-0 at home. Madrid has too many good players in their side and they will be apprehensive not getting the three points here as Zenit can jump the if they beat Juve in the earlier game.
very nice:ok:ok:ok

Zenit – Juventus: Draw @ 3.80 (Bet365) 10/10 As a result of their group standing, injuries and rotation of players, I think Juventus will play for the draw and I believe they can get it against a Zenit team that hasn't won yet a CL match at home. Zenit wasn't able to win against Bate Borisov and I don't think will be able to win tonight against an Italian team that would be more than happy with the draw point. Aalborg – Celtic: Aalborg Win @ 3.00 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 I can't understand why Celtic are favourites in this match. IMO there isn't much to separate these teams. Furthermore, Celtic have a terrible away CL record and they have had a few injury issues. The draw result doesn't do any good to either team so I believe the home advantage for the Danish team could give them the win. The odds are good, I think for Aalborg. Fenerbache – Porto: Porto Win @ 3.20 (Bet365) 10/10 Fener needs the win more than Porto, so I think they will have to risk in going forward. This will leave enough space for Porto to score against a leaky Fener defense on the counter attack. Porto has enough class and experience to defeat a hot and cold Fener side tonight and just about clinch promotion to the next CL round. Fiorentina – Lyon: Fiorentina Win @ 2.25 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Lyon will probably play for the draw, but Fiorentina is very strong at home and they have tremendous confidence after their 4-2 win against Udinese. Lyon has been a bit leaky at the back this year so I believe that Fiorentina will at least score one more goal to win the game and keep their chances alive for qualification to the next round. Villareal – Manchester United: Villareal Win @ 3.20 (Bet365) 10/10 The draw in this match is bound to attract a lot of bets. Both teams have qualified, I think, for the next round so a loss either way isn't an issue. Man U has a derby match against Man City this weekend and they have not been completely convincing in their away performances. Villareal is very strong at home, scores a lot and the glory of defeating the CL champions should also be taken into account. The odds for the home win given the circumstances is too high and should be taken.
Overall, I'm quite happy tonight with how things went (+20 units). In the end the Villareal - Man U match confirmed the perceived draw. The only thing I'm happy about is that the bookies paid on this since a lot of punters were on this result. Well done to those who got it! :ok The pressure on Fiorentina, I guess, was too much. Old dog CL Lyon took care of business. I was lucky in the Celtic match:D It seems Celtic just doesn't want to win a CL away match. Until they win one, I would just stay away..... Tomorrow is another day with good CL matches....

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Tuesday 25th November Well, how on earth did we not have that game won by half time? Just bad luck for Celtic in Europe once again, absolutely unbeleiveable. First a wicked deflection and then a freak own goal.... it stinks. :( And Im not even bothering replying to the idiot. You probably don't even know what your username means... And he did know, you are right, he knew how to win trophies. Please, get a grip.

LOL betting with your heart and not with your head' date=' no place for that on this website, lets hope no one listened to your tips. BJK[/quote'] I advise you to drop the BJK at the end of your posts mate , theres been enough of that crap on the OF threads which was why they were locked .

Bayern M. - Steaua B. Things aren't looking at the moment great for Steaua. Eight consecutive games without a victory in Romanian league, 12 in all competitions is the "record" Steaua possesses, before their clash with Bayern. The new appointment of coach Dorinel Munteanu failed to produce any effect on Steaua's results(no victory under his command). In Champions League Qual. the away draw at Fiorenta was the only good result they managed. Stealing 1 point from Bayern home is all they will be hoping for. After Ribery recovered from his injury and Toni regained his scoring appetite, we can safely say Bayern are back. A draw here will secure second spot, but victory will be the only word on their mind tomorrow night. Bayern: Rensing - Lucio, Demichelis, Van Buyten - Van Bommel, Ze Roberto, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, Ribery - Klose, Toni; Injured: Willy Sagnol, Hamit Altintop; Steaua: Zapata - Golański, D.Goian, Ghionea, P.Marin - M.Radoi, Ov.Petre - Nicolita, Dayro Moreno, Semedo (Toja) - B.Stancu; Injured: Emeghara, Ogararu, Plesan, Kapetanos; Group F 1. Olympique Lyon 4 2 2 0 10-6 8 2. FC Bayern München 4 2 2 0 6-2 8 3. AC Fiorentina 4 0 3 1 3-6 3 4. Steaua Bucuresti 4 0 1 3 3-8 1 Bet: [email protected](banker), Bayern -1 @1.9, Bayern [email protected] GL:hope
All three bets, winners for me :drums:clap:cheers Result: 3 - 0(0 - 0)