** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov

I was reading today that Federer has a stomach upset and has been sick most of the night which has forced him to not train, he said he needs a miracle to get through after this illness and just hopes after a day of recovery a miracle can happen. Maybe just mind games from Roger ? who knows but does not sound to promising
I haven't heard this:unsure:unsure

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading today that Federer has a stomach upset and has been sick most of the night which has forced him to not train, he said he needs a miracle to get through after this illness and just hopes after a day of recovery a miracle can happen. Maybe just mind games from Roger ? who knows but does not sound to promising Simon Evens tomorrow to win 2-0 we all know Simon is a slow starter but he has to win tomorrow and i think he will be up for this and I will take this price on a 2-0 win:ok
can you give us the source of the info on federer? i have spent a lot of time in china, i guess the players dont eat in shitty restaurants and only eat high quality food, but usually wherever you ll go the food will be "dirty" , i have had some stomach "upsets" (i'll skip the details for your own good ha ha) and usually it doesnt go in 24 hours, of course there's medicine but still...

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov Found it....

Q. You said you were feeling sick yesterday. Could you give us a little bit of an idea of what happened, and how did you feel out there when you were playing tonight? ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, I got sick, or started to feel really bad after my match was over with Simon only later on when I got back to the hotel, and shortly before I was going to bed. Woke up in the morning and I was feeling terrible. Really upset stomach and couldn't even practice. Didn't go out of the room. Just sort of trying to get over things. It would have been impossible to play yesterday. So I guess I got really lucky, you know, that match was scheduled late today. Then, I guess that Andy pulled out sort of got a little bit more lucky. And then Radek is not playing with his own racquets, so that made it a little bit more lucky again. At the end of the day I still have a chance. I hope with a day of recovery, I'll make a miracle happen here and get through into the semis.
http://www.masters-cup.com/4/pdf/interviews/2008/federer4.pdf

I was reading today that Federer has a stomach upset and has been sick most of the night which has forced him to not train, he said he needs a miracle to get through after this illness and just hopes after a day of recovery a miracle can happen. Maybe just mind games from Roger ? who knows but does not sound to promising Simon Evens tomorrow to win 2-0 we all know Simon is a slow starter but he has to win tomorrow and i think he will be up for this and I will take this price on a 2-0 win:ok
Cheers to us both mate, Simon with a magnificent display, in straight sets, just what we needed. Apart from betting it would be a huge injustice, if Gilles won't pass through. :cry Waiting for Murray display.

Cheers to us both mate, Simon with a magnificent display, in straight sets, just what we needed. Apart from betting it would be a huge injustice, if Gilles won't pass through. :cry Waiting for Murray display.
Yeah great display by Simon i really like this fella i hope he makes it through:D And sorry I didnt get back to you about Federer source but glad you found it. really want Murray to win so Simon gets through:hope:hope

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov Excellent day today ! Simon 3.25 Djokovic certainly has a good tournament, but he's still not in form. Serve is good, but Simon is a excellent returner, Djokovic's forehand is good, but we all know it's so hard to outplay with winners a guy like Simon. Frenchman looks to neutralise Serbian's weapons. And his backhand.... it was magnificent against Stepanek. But the main difference between them is their fighting spirit. Gilles in this part has the advantage. It doesn't matter if he''ll be a break down he''ll still fight we saw what "fighting factor" means, Murray today was outplayed, but he didn't give up. Serbian also lacks patience and as all he's overated by bookmakers. H2H is 1-0 ( Marseille, hard, 2008, 6-2,6-7,6-3 ) for Gilles and look at breakpoints saved statistic Simon-100% (6/6) Djokovic-40% (2/5). Who is mentally better ?

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov Davydenko 3.00 Murray's low energy is not the biggest factor which made me bet on him. Their H2H is 3-3 shows they have been always close. 1.36 tells about Murray superiority, but it isn't the case here. Davydenko didn't play in patches anymore, he had beed a "russian tank", going to crash everything in his way. Murray hasd beaten Fedex, but he looked sometimes very "fragile" in this rallies. Injuried and shaky number two one a big motive of his win. If you remember last lose of Muray was against Nalbandian, whom I consider a player of same type as Nikolay. Russian is better in rallies, Murray got a good serve, but great returns and passing shots will wait him. :lol

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov Great match today, just wish Federer had been able to come through:sad DAVYDENKO @ 3.05 Betfair. Murray came through an excellent match against Federer, but could pay for over 3 hours of high intensity tennis when he takes on Davydenko tomorrow. I think it's going to be really tough to come out about 20 hours after the match with Federer finished and put in another quality performance. Davydenko has looked really sharp this week, hitting unbelievably well and serving well too. He's also had a day off so definately should be fresher. Slight concern with him mentally in big matches, but he's playing so well I'll have a go at this price.

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov Davydenko 1.80 I expected a higher price for Davydenko, but it's enough to me. I belive in his professionalism and his ability to concentrate for this very important match. It's the final of two late season disappointmens, but I think Davy is simply outstanding now. He's perfect in rallies and raise his game up when needed. He doesn't entertain the crowd as Simon or Murray, but certainly he knows his job very well. Logic is simple: great match by Davydenk o against Murray, I just watched his tennis - right, left, right, left wacko.gif... really he was at his best, impressive! bow.gif I think he's much more stronger than Djokovic. (Murray won easily with Simon, Davydenko won easily with Murray; Dajokovic won in a thriller with Simon). Their group match was taken by Novak, but it was very, very close and somehow lucky for Djokovic. but now Davy has the confidence he needs. And the time to win big tournaments came. So even 2-0 2.75 sets win for Kolya wouldn't surprise me. By statistic he's far the best player at the tornament ( I mean sets, games, unfforced errors...) :drums

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov DJOKOVIC @ 2.22 Betfair. I was thinking about leaving this, but I just can't justify the price so I'll make the play. Early in the week these guys played, Djokovic was about 1.5 and won - has Davydenko done enough to justify being fav? He beat del Potro easily and a visibly tired Murray, but I don't think that's enough. In the match against Djokovic earlier this week, Davydenko looked the better player for the most part, but seemed to choke when it mattered and this being the final I wouldn't trust his nerve if it gets really tight. Since that match up, Djokovic has tanked against Tsonga after playing really well for a set and a half, and came through a tough match against Simon. Djokovic had an injury time out in that match but his reputation in that regard is second only to Jankovic. Because this is a big final, with the pressure on, I'd rather have my money on Djokovic, especially at odds-against.