** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov Simon 7.00 Oh c'omon that's too much. Both players are in good form, Simon may be even better, he's the underdog with confidence. Gilles is a "lurker" a player who waits for big guys like Nadal, Federer or Djokovic. Simon is a consistent player, certainly I can't say Roger is inconsistent, but when he's not in mood he makes lot of unffored errors and he doesn't have a good first serve. Examples his matches against Blake or Karlovic. So the coeficient is worth betting... That's for sure. Looking at their last results I'll explain why Simon lost his matches against Roddick or Soderling. In first case it was the luck and american big serve. Simon certainly loves long rallies and Roddick serve simply gave him no chance. I don't believe Federer has one of the best serves on tour, that gives Simon opportunities to break a lot. Second against Soderling was tiredness factor. He was in Madrid final playing 3 set matches whole tournament and gave up in 3 hard sets. Now Simon is fresh and ready for battle. H2H Is in Simon favour, it was on hard, it was this year so waht do you want more ??? I remeber that mad match and it came finally out that couldn't handle the big moments. Simon's mentally is better. It was Toronto R32 6-2,5-7,4-6. :notworthy Gilles Simon

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov i am not brave enought to take simon straight win but will take him with handicap for sure, no way there should be such an odd difference. will also take davydenko, if he is motivated i really dont see tsonga beating him, i just hope to have some news saying that he actually is motivated

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov Djokovic to win 2-0 @ 2.00 Of course Novak is not in best form. But the same we can tell about Del Potro: he won tournaments in New Haven or Stutgart. But he's certainly a plyer who doesn't enjoy big matches. Also he doesn't like aggressive attacking opponenets like Berdych or Nalbandian or his opponent today Djokovic. To be honest I like Del Potro, but I don't see a lot of potential in him. His shot is flat, so he doesn't hit a lot of winners, solid backhand, but lacks power and for his height he should have a more powerful serve like Cilic or Dr.Ivo. Djokovic waits for revenge and will give 110 % to win this match. He likes to be allowed playing his game. His recent lose from Tsonga tells the story. Serbian couldn't keep th rhythm with breathtaking JW. But Del Potro is a defending player he''ll allow him to play his game. H2H is 1-0 for Novak in 3-0. Their only meeting was on US Open hardcourts in 2007 and that match was one-sided. Both possed a good serve it won't be a short match, but for me it's Novak's day today.

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov Davydenko 2.10 I see markets went down here. It was 2.10 yesterday, now is 2.00. There is a chance russian to be outmuscled by powerful JW. But believe the "cold mind" will be more important today. You can not find more different types of players than those both. Davydenko counter-attacking, baseliner all-round player against powerful, monstruos Tsonga. I saw Del Potro and Djokovic, I'm glad of course that I won by I felt the pressure on both players. It's an opening match and Davydenko experience will tell the word. Davydenko likes to take balls early on and Tsonga will have problems with this. H2H is 1-0 for Davydenk so this is a good advantage. Also advantage for Tsonga is his good form after Paris, but Davydenko had an excellent tournament also.

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov Gremelmayr 1.72 It's not Masters Cup, but I saw a good bet on challenger Bauer Open. Gremelmayr is a good perseverent guy, of course not a star, but certainly he doesn't deserve to be 89 in world, should be in top 50. Good forehand,H2H (1-0 for Denys ) and better game in rallies: those are factors which make me bet on German. Besides this Karanusic ( I saw him in UMAG ) is a player who has no weapons, poor guy. P.S. It looked a close match, but I think nobody will have the insolence to tell Davydenko didn't deserve that.

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov Federer @1.14 to beat Simon Murray @1.43 to beat Roddick banker combo, impossible to lose such a combo:tongue2 federer performed on really high level last year, i expect similar performances,now much more motivated, since he already decided to reduce his shows in atp events 2009-grand slams only, plus some of the masters- Simon is here by .....accident. lolol sorry young fellow form bulgaria, i am joking, i mean is not a force in tennis to claim the victory here. Murray is probable short of energy; he came here after astonishing season, where he achived much more than he was expecting, roddick is officer here, and murray the newcomer, but i am so convinced that the newcomer is classes above, and despite shortness of energy,he would give the lesson to the american, very comfortably bye bye good luck boys this is maximum stakes proposal :beer

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov :D Mate from Cyprus do not underestimata Simon. I hope you won't be disheartened by these news: Top seed Roger Federer on Saturday said he was still taking painkillers and limiting himself in training as he battles to shake off a back injury that could jeopardise his Masters Cup defence "I haven't been pushing it to the very limits because I want to give my back the maximum time of recuperation," "Then we will see on Monday what's going to happen. But so far I've been serving without pain, I've been playing without pain and that's definitely a very good sign." "Maybe if I push too early in practice then I'm back to where I was last Thursday and then things are not looking good at all," he said. "I think this problem I have with my back needs as much time as possible. Hopefully I'm just going to get ready for Monday and then things are going to be fine." Simon 7.00 will give a solid fight here. Murray to win 2-0 1.90 If Murray is motivated I don't see how a consistent, but not an extraordinary Roddick will win even a set. American got the serve, but every point in-play will 80 % be going for Murray. certainly a much more better player, an all-round player in great form, enjoying his best season in career. This year wasn't "Roddickulous" he played well, but below average. He doesn't improve, same service, same forehand, same game... Murray on the other side has now a good serve and certainly Shanghai will be nw motivation for him. For me personally Nalbandian win in Paris against Andy was a surprise. He had break-points, but simply were out of energy there. Roddick was solid iin Paris until he got a more serious challenge and gave up. He's a player who can't jump over his head. Even if H2H is 4-3 for Murray, but I won't be conducted by this, cause last meetings thay had in 2007. Now Scotish plays another tennis. :beer

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov andrewmurray your post can be very misleading for someone who doesnt follow or know about tennis and might think bookies are giving away free money. when simon beat federer a few months ago , i am sure federer had even lower odds but simon won despite that no one expected it, in madrid no one expected he would beat nadal, however he once again did, this is the 10 best players in the world so to me there should not be any 1,15 odds , even if i agree on the fact that federer should win this. also, federer usually starts tournaments in a rather "slow mode", personaly i am taking simon +4,5 games.

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov

andrewmurray your post can be very misleading for someone who doesnt follow or know about tennis and might think bookies are giving away free money. when simon beat federer a few months ago , i am sure federer had even lower odds but simon won despite that no one expected it, in madrid no one expected he would beat nadal, however he once again did, this is the 10 best players in the world so to me there should not be any 1,15 odds , even if i agree on the fact that federer should win this. also, federer usually starts tournaments in a rather "slow mode", personaly i am taking simon +4,5 games.
Agree Yves, where did you find simon +4,5 games, there isn't such one in Bet365 , and what the odd is. i suppose 3.2 somewhere.

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov I was in school, just now understood about Simon. Wait to get home and download these matches from t3nnis.tv and enjoy my evening. Thanks Mr Intensity I got an "orgasm" don't know how to call it else understanding the Simon win. It's a pity Murray won 2-1, not 2-0, but I understood Murray is a smartass he give his maximum only when needed. He doesn't like to put his opponents in misery I can compare him with Italian Soccer, minimal wins are most rational ones. Going to pick Davydenko 2.62 and Tsonga 1.66 tomorrow. Will explain why a bit later.

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov Davydenko 2.62 May be he plays well in patches, but he's the guy in form now. Nikolay has a good backhand and forehand and surely will make less unforced errors than Novak. I like he became a bit more aggressive, as I saw against Tsonga. Djokovic played a good game against Del Potro, but it wasn't a tennis of high quality. Simply Djokovic was better in important parts of the game against inexperienced Del Potro. Nothing special I think he's still in crysis. :unsure H2H is 1-0 after a retirement in Davis Cup on hard this year, being 1-2 down. That's another advantage.

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov Tsonga 1.66 H2H is 1-0 for Del Potro after a match in 2007 and 3 set close match. That won't be an indicator, cause both Tsonga and Del Potro play in another dimenssion now. Even losing I liked Tsonga. To speak honestly I admire his will. Being 5-3 down against Denko he returned in match just couldn't maintain his level in tie-break. He has an excellent serve, very good mental ( save a lot of breakpoints ) and what's more his forehand is powerful. He's like Gulbis or Safin. it's obvious Del Potro will sit back and waiting for errors or passing shots opportunity. Argentinian is weaker than JW in rallies I think. Form is different Tsonga is outstanding last months Del Potro could not live the expectations.

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov hehe, radved excellent bet, you see, simon won i have to say that if bank is short, you stake an outsider of 7 or more to win,if is big, you never do it...if you beleive that the favourite may lose, you just ignore the event, and never bet against huge favourites, beleive me this the sure way to lead bettors in bankrupsy as for simon, despite the fact he won over federer earlier this season, i was shocked to see him today beating federer, simply i dont rate him as a top, or potentially top player, and i dont mislead anyone...i think to pick simon to win against federer, is the original mislead, or the original fun stake bet, if your stakes are 10 euros or something, please dont read my posts tomorrow Davydenko to beat Djokovic is my best choice reasoning : russian is by far the player with better physical condition here since we are at the end of season, and all players are f*ucked up, i rate davydenko as the player with the advantage , djokovic cant perform on high level for long periods, and thats proved through the recent years, his stamina is now on minimum level remember him last year here , was like an amateur, i think davydenko will win, odds are fabulus but stakes small, coz is not reliable tournament prizes are too high, but players are too bored, tank energy is near to ZERO for most of them tsonga v del potro, upreditctable, both players suffering from ureliabilty, tsonga has the upper hand in my opinion, but i prefer to watch it for my pleasure :beer good luck :ok

Re: ATP Masters Cup 9th - 16th Nov

Hey sorry to sound a novice at tennis handicaps but if you had bet wouldnt u have lost? Murray won last set 6-1 so
Tennis Handicaps go by total games, Murray won 13 games, Roddick won 11 sooo 11 + 3 = 14 ;) I only learnt about tennis handicaps last week :tongue2