** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008

Thursday 6th November 2008

17:00Metalist vs Hertha Berlin 11/8 11/5 13/8
17:00 Stuttgart vs Partizan Belgrade 2/5 3/1 11/2
17:00 Spartak Moscow vs Udinese 6/5 9/4 9/5
17:15 Lech Poznan vs Nancy 11/8 11/5 13/8
18:30 Feyenoord vs Cska Moscow 6/4 11/5 6/4
18:45 Wolfsburg vs Heerenveen 1/2 11/4 9/2
19:30 Benfica vs Galatasaray 4/6 12/5 7/2
19:45 Ajax vs Zilina 1/3 7/2 6/1
19:45 Racing Santander vs Schalke 11/8 11/5 13/8
19:45 Standard Liege vs Sevilla 13/8 11/5 11/8
19:45 Man City vs Twente 4/9 3/1 7/1
19:45 Ac Milan vs Braga 1/6 5/1 10/1
19:45 St Etienne vs Rosenborg 4/6 12/5 7/2
19:45 Slavia Prague vs Aston Villa 2/1 9/4 11/8
20:00 Tottenham vs Dinamo Zagreb 1/2 3/1 11/2
20:30 Valencia vs Copenhagen 1/4 4/1 15/2

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th November 2008 UEFA Cup : Group A Table

PWDLFAGDPTS
1Schalke 0411003123
2Twente Enschede11001013
3Man City00000000
4Racing Santander100101-10
5PSG100113-20
tbl_spc.gif
tbl_spc.gifUEFA Cup : Group B Table
PWDLFAGDPTS
1Galatasaray11001013
2Benfica10101101
3Hertha Berlin10101101
4FC Metalist Kharkiv 00000000
5Olympiakos100101-10
tbl_spc.gif
tbl_spc.gifUEFA Cup : Group C Table
PWDLFAGDPTS
1Sevilla11002023
2Sampdoria11002113
3Standard Liege00000000
4Partizan Belgrade100112-10
5VfB Stuttgart100102-20
tbl_spc.gif
tbl_spc.gifUEFA Cup : Group D Table
PWDLFAGDPTS
1Udinese11002023
2Dinamo Zagreb11003213
3Spartak Moscow00000000
4NEC100123-10
5Tottenham100102-20
tbl_spc.gif
tbl_spc.gifUEFA Cup : Group E Table
PWDLFAGDPTS
1Braga11003033
2AC Milan11003123
3Wolfsburg00000000
4Heerenveen100113-20
5Portsmouth100103-30
tbl_spc.gif
tbl_spc.gifUEFA Cup : Group F Table
PWDLFAGDPTS
1Aston Villa11002113
2Hamburg11002113
3Slavia Prague00000000
4Ajax100112-10
5MSK Zilina100112-10
tbl_spc.gif
tbl_spc.gifUEFA Cup : Group G Table
PWDLFAGDPTS
1St Etienne11003123
2Club Bruges10100001
3Rosenborg10100001
4Valencia00000000
5FC Copenhagen100113-20
tbl_spc.gif
tbl_spc.gifUEFA Cup : Group H Table
PWDLFAGDPTS
1AS Nancy11003033
2CSKA Moscow11003033
3Lech Poznan00000000
4Deportivo La Coruna100103-30
5Feyenoord100103-30
tbl_spc.gif
o.gif
o.gif

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008

19:45 St Etienne vs Rosenborg
Both French team, Marseille and Lyon, had already proven their point at home. They have the quality and strength at home. Their fan's is just like their 12th player at home. It's time for another french team to conclude how strong the french are at french soil. Verdict: St Etienne -0.5 HPD. Follow at your own risk.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 Benfica and Galatasaray same injures now. Benfica:.............Galatasaray: Di Maria..............H.Kewell both team same tactic 4-2-3-1,both team like most goal. Galatasaray won Olympiakos game at home,we played very good,strong football and ı was suprize we give only 2 position(88 and 90 minute).Maybe 1-0 is suprize score we right 3-0 maybe.Benfica played Hertha and they score first goal but 1-1 match score,ı think good score for Benfica,now they played 10 player in last match,because Reyes had red card,Benfica coach sad ''we didint rest yet for this match,because 10 player run 11 people.Gala played G.Antep game at home,we played very good football first 30 minute and score was 2-0 and last 60 minute we rested for Benfica match,but H.Kewell injured this minute :( We have problem away game,ı dont understand all important match we played very good(for example Liverpool 2-3,Bordeaux 1-2) but we lost this match,now we will win this problem but when? which game? we will see. Now,ı think Benfica %55 chance this game,because they must win,they will play at home and we have problem away,but Skibbe sad ''we will play offance not defence'' this meaning is over 2.5 ı think. :) And dont forget this,we will play fenerbahce at saracoglu,most important game for us,this game(Benfica) maybe our player wont consantre ı think. Best bet is over 2.5(1.90) Small stakes Benfica win.(1.75) Benfica win by one goal.(2-1) Probably 11: ........................De Sanctis...................... Sabri...Emre A...................Servet....H.Balta .............F.Meira.........Ayhan A.................. Arda.................Lincoln................Volkan Y. ........................M.Baros..........................

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 Standard-Sevilla, Sevilla AH 0 @ 1.67 (Blue Square) Sevilla with 3 losses in a row and that probably made odds a bit higher than it should be here. Last game they lost to Valladolid after being 0-2 up when Luis Fabiano was sent off in the first half, but until then they played a great game. For Sevilla UEFA Cup is of top importance, they won 2 years in a row (2006-2007) and today they'll play with the best available players. Standard without good results lately, 1 win in last four matches and specially struggling against top teams. Sevilla is a class above Standard and I don't see them losing tonight.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 Home games are crucial in the UEFA cup. Teams within the groups play 4 games of which 2 are at home. Maximum points is important in securing promotion for the next round and usually ensures it. This is not to say that every home team will win. More importantly, one needs to be careful of short odds on home teams that are in poor form or have injuries. I tried to pinpoint 4 home wins with good odds: Lech Poznan - Nancy: Lech Poznan Win@ 2.50 (Canbet) 10/10 Lech Poznan is playing near the top of the polish league with a 3-2-1 home record with Nancy near the bottom of the French league and 0-1-4 away record. The odds of 2.50 for the home win are very good imo. Nancy is a perpetually poor away team with particular problems in scoring this year. Standard Liege - Seville: Standard Liege Win@ 3.05 (Canbet) 10/10 I think the odds here are favoring Seville too much. Standard is a top flight Belgium team. They impressed against both Liverpool and Everton. Seville travels to Belgium with a few important injuries and having encountered a bit of bad form and poor results. The odds for the home win are too high and should be taken. Slavia Prague - Aston Villa: Slavia Win (draw no bet)@2.10 (Coral) 10/10 Slavia is at the top of the Czech league with a 6-0-0 home record and an 18-1 goal differential and overall very good form. Aston Villa is also playing pretty well, but their recent defeat against Newcastle showed a team that is somewhat fatigued after all the games played. Villa may be forced to rest some first strings and thus give Slavia that extra edge which along with being a force at home should give them the win. Given that Villa have sound form I've taken the "draw no bet" option for a little security. Benfica - Galatasaray: Benfica win@ 1.72 (Skybet) 10/10 The odds for Benfica's win are just acceptable. The difference on paper between the teams is not great. But, I saw Galatasaray's game against Olympiacos, where they won 1-0, and they did not impress me. Furthermore, they have a huge game against Fenerbache this weekend and may rest some players. This, along with home advantage, should give Benfica the win.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 I took 3 ''underdogs'' at decent odds on + 1,5 AH - FC Copenhagen, Braga and Twente, the last one + 1,25. Hard to expect away wins, but with the experience of Braga and the Danes in the Euro Cups I don't see a thrashing there. Furthermore both AC Milan and Valencia should rotate players, and both could be vulnerable in such games. Over 2,5 goals would be my usual choice in such cases, but guests in both games seem to be in Europe forever and these low odds give a great AH line imo. As of Man City - Twente, AH line + 1,25 at almost evens is begging to be taken. Man City are far from the expectations, both in EPL and in Europe, in fact I doubt anyone is expecting a bang from them in UEFA. An average Danish team made them sweat in both legs earlier this season. As of Twente, if they had a better luck at the draw the team could have been in the CL groups now - Arsenal, Liverpool and Fiorentina imo were the only 3 teams better than Twente in the preliminary stage... I am not saying hosts won't take 3 points in all 3 games above, but at these odds for AH I see at least 2 of the picks very probable. Few more picks in the Midweek Bets thread. Good luck all

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Metalist Kharkiv vs. Hertha Berlin
Selection Metalist Kharkiv -0.25 (Asian Handicap)
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.98 (Back)
Reasoning Surely a tricky contest, but Ukraine team is in good form, both domestically (2nd placed) and in UEFA cup, where they beat Besiktas with 4-1. Hertha team is really nothing speacial at all this season and with possible missing of their 1st goalie Drobny, their defence might be on even bigger test here. Imo home soil, motivated Ukranian team which wants to build on previous results - yeah, rich owner in the back, who wants the international recognition and possible tiredness because of long trip for Germans makes this one quite interesting bet.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 I took the over 2 (-128) in the Lech Poznan-Nancy match last night...didn't know about the key injury to Nancy striker Marc Fortune. This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, but Nancy weren't scoring much with him, so maybe the replacement will do better. The French teams in cups generally play more offensive style than at home, but I suppose missing Fortune they might decided to play tighter...I don't know...of course Lech is the type of the team that keeps the pedal down when they get ahead...they do not sit back and try to protect a 1-0 advantage. Of course I could take Lech DNB as a hedge, but then the game would finish 0-0 or 1-1 (lol). One away team with big line atm...Hertha BSC +136 for the DNB...everybody in the world has chosen Metallist for this game.

I took the over 2 (-128) in the Lech Poznan-Nancy match last night...didn't know about the key injury to Nancy striker Marc Fortune. This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, but Nancy weren't scoring much with him, so maybe the replacement will do better. The French teams in cups generally play more offensive style than at home, but I suppose missing Fortune they might decided to play tighter...I don't know...of course Lech is the type of the team that keeps the pedal down when they get ahead...they do not sit back and try to protect a 1-0 advantage. Of course I could take Lech DNB as a hedge, but then the game would finish 0-0 or 1-1 (lol). One away team with big line atm...Hertha BSC +136 for the DNB...everybody in the world has chosen Metallist for this game.
Lech could do the job for you on a good day :hope

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 my pick's four today without coment: Metalist vs Hertha Berlin 1 Stuttgart vs Partizan Belgrade X2 Feyenoord vs Cska Moscow Goal/Goal Wolfsburg vs Heerenveen 1 Benfica vs Galatasaray X2 Ac Milan vs Braga X2 Ajax vs Zilina X2 St Etienne vs Rosenborg Goal/Goal These are my points for today. Good success in all. :drums

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 Many thanks for putting group tables up Tottenham to beat Dinamo Zagreb 1/2 This looks to be the bet of the night for me. Harry Redknapp has inspired them to successive home wins against Bolton and Liverpool and an incredible last gasp draw at Arsenal. He knows how to get the best out of players and will relish doing this with Bentley, Modric etc after their slow starts at the club. They will weant to go far in this competition after a slow start to their domestic campaign and lost the first match of the group so this is a must win. Zagreb have a virus in their camp and had to postpone a recent game so wont fancy the trip to North London. Lump on at the price of 1/2.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 you succeded to confuse me a lot....:spank benfica X2? ajax X2? milan X2? stutgart X2? hehehe, if you get such results, i will retire from betting, i am still f*ucked up from two terrible champions league results, dont make me laugh more :lol stutgart is poor, thsts for sure, but who partizan is? if is something like red star, then the home win is banker, but no bet for me, because i know nothing about partizan Ajax is home win for me, and i dont care what people talking, milan is no bet simply because of ridicilus odds, but in no way to oppose benfica the best home win of the day, also without further comments, i just see class diference here in favour of the portugese club bye :ok

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 russian i think udinese area great bet they have played well away from home in serie a, only been beaten by juventus away from home, theyre strikers are on top form even at -1hp i can see them winning and odds of 8.2 for tht is fantastic, hertha are a decent team and the bundesliga is much much better then metalist's league, i expect a draw or a hertha win, ajax/acmilan/ and valencia will all win, ive taken feyenoord and nancy to win, feyenoord turned the corner in the league last week with a big win and nancy will be too strong for lech i think, st ettiene for me are the top value bet rosenborg a decent team but the french team showed last week that they want to go far in this competition, another value bet for me is seville/s liege to draw i cant see either team really going for it and with quality players on each side i see a 1-1,0-0 MY bet accumulator 10 fold (no chance :P) Hertha dnb Feyenoord dnb Udinese +1 Nancy +1 Stuttgart Valencia Ac milan Ajax St ettiene Seville/s Liege draw

russian i think udinese area great bet they have played well away from home in serie a, only been beaten by juventus away from home, theyre strikers are on top form even at -1hp i can see them winning and odds of 8.2 for tht is fantastic, hertha are a decent team and the bundesliga is much much better then metalist's league, i expect a draw or a hertha win, ajax/acmilan/ and valencia will all win, ive taken feyenoord and nancy to win, feyenoord turned the corner in the league last week with a big win and nancy will be too strong for lech i think, st ettiene for me are the top value bet rosenborg a decent team but the french team showed last week that they want to go far in this competition, another value bet for me is seville/s liege to draw i cant see either team really going for it and with quality players on each side i see a 1-1,0-0 MY bet accumulator 10 fold (no chance :P) Hertha dnb Feyenoord dnb Udinese +1 Nancy +1 Stuttgart Valencia Ac milan Ajax St ettiene Seville/s Liege draw
Udinese play Inter Milan and will no doubt rotate their squad for this match. Spartak Moscow are a very good home team on good form (went away to CKSA Moscow last week and won 1-0). Hertha Berlin got beat 5-1 by Werder Bremen away from home last week whereas Metalist have a 6-0-0 home record in their league, no doubt the german league is FAR superior i just doubt that they will win tonight. Nancy are playing awful away from home in their own league so i can't see them coming out strong tonight especially missing their striker as mentioned above. Lech Poznan are a decent team and i've taken them myself. Think you've got the Sevilla match spot on though.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 horrible betting on a draw i mean i took the porto draw yesterday and got caught out in the last minute. i agree udinese play inter and they will be thinking of that but the feeling in the swaud for them must be great they are exceding expectations and i think aslong as 1 of quag/di natali play they will win, i hope the team news is what i expect. As for hertha they always bounce back and they have beaten leverkusen away from home so its not all bad 3-1-2 away record. as for nancy you are probably right mate i just saw there last match against a cl bordeaux side who they beat 1-0 and played well too i dnt kno anything about lech looks like a blunder on my part :p

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 Hi Russian, be careful with Man City, they have not really impressed in Europe so far. they struggled for a long time in both games against a Cypriot outfit and coming of two league defeats doesn't make them odds on material IMO. I think Twente on the AH is the call. Steve Mc Laren is doing ok there and has taken Boro to the final. a solid start in the group against Racing Satander has give them a good platform for qualification. Good Luck

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 Hello folks ! As I said last time against Copenhagen, I think that Saint-Etienne can do the job tonight. Ok, they don't have good results at all in local championship. Ok, coach Laurent Roussey is in danger... But, but... Again and again it is Norvegian side against French side. And this French side is not playing so bad. saint-Etienne have problems in defence, yes, but they stay a solid team ! And Saint-Etienne play in is "Caldron" ! Two heavy defeats against Grenoble and Lorient, a good match but a new defeat against OM last saturday. I think that is too much. Saint-Etienne played well against Marseille, better than their last two home defeats. If they play like they do against Marseille, Saint-Etienne can trash Rosenborg who don't have good results in local championship too ! ! Maybe I wouldn't have bet if the odds haven't rising. But now, it is really too much : Saint-Etienne -0,75 @2.13 Pinnacle is a goood value in my eyes ! My call : Saint-Etienne 3 - Rosenborg 0 GL ! icon_wink.gif

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 Yeh Nancy were in the relegation zone before that match though, Bordeaux probably have a second team out preparing for the champions league. Took Udinese myself in the last round as they have been playing fantastically but will be very hard match in the freezing cold of Russia not like they have in Italy. Agree that German league is VERY unpredictable and just can't trust their teams to come out and play in any match. Think Benfica seems a very good bet tonight their manager has got them in good form at the minute and with Galatasary being notoriously poor travellers and with Kewell missing and one eye on Fenerbache think 8/11 is extremely generous on the home win.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 Spartak score more 1 (if only 1 - moneyback) and CSKA (0) (if draw - moneyback) Spartak after last won 1-0 vs. CSKA in good mood, they will play often in attack and i think they will score minimum 1 goal. Coach said about Spartak: We will play as first number in this game CSKA now is best russian team, they play better then all, incl champion Rubin. After last lose in champ CSKA will take revenge. Feyenoord not good in domestic champ and i think is easy game for full squad CSKA.

does anyone kno if bordeuax had a 2nd string team out? as for the freezing cold i thought that about kiev it seems european teams like porto can still play in the cold :P
Dynamo Kiev had quite a number of injuries that i noted in the champions league forum which put me off doing them so that would have been a big reason for them winning. Check ESPN soccer net website to see team lineups and check them to past line ups.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 6th October 2008 City and Spurs should both oblige tonight, Twente are crap, Arsenal took tham apart 4-0, they lie 6th in the dutch league and are generally poor away from home, although City have been in bad touch, at home they play attacking football and score plenty. Tottenham have got the feel good factor back under Harry, they should be too good for the virus blitzed Zagreb team, like the look of Darren Bent FGS. Man City -1 @5/4 Robinho FGS @4/1 Tottenham Hotspur win @4/9 Darren Bent FGS @4/1