** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Alexmac - JUMPS season bets...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 23 - COPPER BLEU - NEWBURY 3.45 Ex Irish trained gelding ran a decent pipeopener last time out at Aintree. That day the ground was very soft, and he made a couple of mistakes over a number of the hurdles, hopefully that experience will have taught him alot, and although the conditions tomorrow will be fairly soft, they should be an improvement from Aintree. He stayed on nicely that day, despite his jumping errors, and the Racing Post remarked:

He still remains a very classy prospect and will no doubt win soon.
This race seems like the perfect opportunity, and he will be a warm favourite - so I am going to be taking an early price in the hope of getting a bit of value. The rest of the field do not seem to hold too much danger, Riverside Theatre does appear to be well treated, and could be the main danger. 2pts win Will post up ep tomorrow morning.

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 24 - COUSIN VINNY - 1.05 Fairyhouse Very smart bumber horse, making his first foray into the world of hurdling. Unbeaten last year, including an impressive double in the 2 big festival bumpers, this is a very tricky race to be thrown into for a hurdling debut. Must have worked very well at home, and should be very much thereabouts in this one. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Cousin Vinny ran a cracking race over hurdles, and should very much threaten next time out. Great debut display, was not hard ridden and will be dangerous with this experience under his belt. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Bet 25 THE OLD PRETENDER – 1.30 FOLKESTONE

Bumper winner on heavy ground last season, found 4 too good for him LTO at Newbury, but is very much bred to appreciate the step up in trip. From a decent family, with a good record in hurdling races, The Old Pretender should handle the ground, and if he takes to the obstacles, the price of 2/1 could be very generous indeed. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bank - 202pts Bets - 25 Wins - 9 Cousin Vinny looked like an excellent prospect when finishing a decent 3rd on his debut at Fairyhouse. The Old Pretender didnt have enough in the tank at Folksetone, but will remain on my list.

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 26 - ARALDUR - 2.00 Sandown Won a decent race last week at Chepstow, beating an odds on Nicholls horse. Tomorrows race looks FAR tougher, but Araldur is the progressive type, and he does stand a chance in this. The price will be decent, thanks to the presence of Free World in the line up - he is sure to be popular. I like the way Free World ran here lto, so he is definately respected, and I would be very surprised if these 2 did not fill the places. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 27 - TIDAL BAY - 2.35 Sandown Quality horse who won reappearance very easily, that form doesnt amount to much, but it seems he is going to be a danger tomorrow. Clearly, Masterminded is the one to beat here, and he will take some beating despite not being seen in public this season. Tidal Bay will have a strong chance if he does not find this a little bit on the short side, there is talk of him being targeted for the Gold Cup, but surely that is wide of the mark? I would like to think that, with a clear round of jumping over Sandown's tricky fences, Tidal Bay stands a very good chance of running Masterminded very close here. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 28 - NAIAD DE MiSSSELOT - 1.55 Cheltenham Has won the Coral Cup round here so can clearly handle the course, although that race was over hurdles, Naiad De Misselot has made a smooth conversion onto chasing. Last time out the trip was inadequate, so the extra 4f tomorrow should suit him well. Big race expected, and can get his nose infront at the 3rd time of asking over fences. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 29 - SILVERBURN - Cheltenham 2.30 Well held by Imperial Commander in the Paddy Power, but he made a number of serious jumping errors that day.Still appears to be well handicapped and if the jumping errors are eradicated then he should go far closer tomorrow than he did LTO. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 30 - BINOCULAR - Cheltenham 3.05 Really good looking race this, and Binocular will have to put in a decent performance to see off the rest of the field. Already a strong favourite for the Champion Hurdle, he will have to win here to justify favouritism. will most probably be around the 2/1 mark, and that seems a fair price for the selection. Form from previous races is working out well, and should have enough tomorrow. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 31 - DIAMOND HARRY - Cheltenham 3.35 Fantastic run last time out, and should be able to handle the step up in trip to 3m. Massasoit is the main danger, and this looks like being a very closely run affair. Unfortunately, the price will reflect the style in which he won last time out, so expect a price of about 11/10. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 32 - GREENBRIDGE - 12.30 Doncaster Looks a decent recruit to chasing, after being a smart hurdler. Could not take on Imsingintheblues at Kempton in October, but that form is working out fairly well, and if he can put in a clear round of jumping he should very much be able to make his presence felt here. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 33 - LODGE LANE - 2.40 LINGFIELD Easily held Wichita Lineman last time out at Exeter, and this race looks very winnable on that form. Should progress after that experience, and is very much the one to beat here. Again however, the odds are more than likely to reflect this, and he could go off odds on... 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 34 - PANDORAMA - 12.50 NAVAN Pandorama runs again in Ireland today Absolutely fantastic horse, has scared off nearly all opposition and only takes on 2 others today. Expect a ridiclously short price, but also, another easy win. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bank - 202pts Bets - 29 Wins - 10 With Cheltenham and Lingfield off, the bank now stands at 202pts. Just 2pts in profit... Still, profits profit I guess. Have added a few horses onto my list, and the next runs tomorrow at Newbury...

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 30 - LINDEMAN - Newbury - 3.05 Great form from back end of last season, including an impressive victory in a mares bumber at Cheltenham. However, that race has not worked out as hoped, and Lindeman was well beaten LTO out the same track. Goes hurdling tomorrow, so a bit of a step into the unknown. But with Nicky Henderson in suh good form it would be no surprise to see a bold show from him tomorrow, 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Have removed Lindeman from my list, as that was another far below par run today Although staying on, he should have made his presence felt in a race like this. Don't know what connections will have in mind for him for his next race... Bet 31 - SILVERBURN - Exeter 1.50 Has been somewhat disappointing so far this campaign, and really does need to remember how to get his nose infront again. This race seems to be a more realistic target for Nicholls' charge at the moment. He did not run a bad race in the Paddy Power, but didnt quite seem to get home, so perhaps this slightly shorter trip will suit....? Private Be beat the selection n the Paddy Power, so should be feared. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 32 - RUSSIAN TRIGGER - Exeter 2.50 Easily beaten on he seasonal bow at Haydock, Russian Trigger should have come on greatly for that run. He was prolific over hurdles last season, and can see out a 3m trip sufficiently. Should be a fiar price tomorrow, and he can most definately challenge the principles in this small field race. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 33 - FISTRAL BEACH Ascot - 12.45 Second on seasonal debut at Ascot, trailing Belcantista 6l when a short odds favourite. The winner has gone on to be a major gamble in this weekends Ladbroke, so clearly no shame in that loss. Looks like he is a cut above most of the rest of this field at Ascot, where the northern raider Presenting Forever may be the chief danger... 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bet 34 - DOOR BOY Ascot - 1.55 Highly competitive looking affair this, with 6 of the 8 winning LTO, and the other 2 finishing second. My selection, door Boy, is one of the latter... Won easily on his seasonal debut at Kelso, before being far from disgraced behind the very smart Diamond Harry LTO at Cheltenham. Door By looks very progressive, and if he puts in a similar performance he has got a great shout here. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... I have a dilemma in the 2.30... 5 line up, and 3 of them are on my list of horses to follow. They are: NAIAD DE MISSELOT BUCK THE LEGEND DEEP PURPLE As these 3 are the principles in the market, I am going to leave it out, and not back any of them. I am aware that this goes against what my thread is all about - but in this case, I think it makes sense. I either back all of them, and quite possibly make a loss, or none of them....

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... :wall:wall:wall Seem to keep hitting the crossbar with my selections at the moment.... Of course, in the race where I had 3 runners I would have collected a small profit if all three were backed.... Onwards and upwards... :ok

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... BET 35 - BINOCULAR - Ascot 1.40 Wrote this about him last weekend: Really good looking race this, and Binocular will have to put in a decent performance to see off the rest of the field. Already a strong favourite for the Champion Hurdle, he will have to win here to justify favouritism. will most probably be around the 2/1 mark, and that seems a fair price for the selection. Form from previous races is working out well, and should have enough tomorrow. I think Ascot actually suits him better, so am even more confident about him winning this heat today. Smaller field, flatter track, it all points to him winning. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... BET 36 - CLOUDY TIMES - Haydock 12.50 Top quality bumper horse, making hurdling debut today. Showed very smart form at both Aintree on National day, and LTO at the same venue. Has a good jockey on board who can claim 3, which is another positive for Cloudy Times, and he should very much be able to make his presence felt here. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac - JUMPS season bets... Bets - 36 Wins - 11 Bank - 194 pts Cloudy times didn't quite seem to stay yesterday, perhaps not quite race ready. he took to the hurdles well. Binocular was mighty impressive. Very glad to have been at Ascot to witness the race...