** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October

Wednesday 22 October 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">
Atlético v Liverpool (19:45BST) 2.663.402.99
Hide « Atlético v Liverpool
Basel v Barcelona (19:45BST) 7.504.201.57
Hide « Basel v Barcelona
Bordeaux v CFR Cluj (19:45BST) 1.833.755.10
Hide « Bordeaux v CFR Cluj
Chelsea v Roma (19:45BST) 1.534.3010.00
Hide « Chelsea v Roma
Inter v Anorthosis (19:45BST) 1.208.0023.00
Hide « Inter v Anorthosis
Panathinaikos v Werder Bremen (19:45BST) 2.903.402.66
Hide « Panathinaikos v Werder Bremen
PSV v Marseille (19:45BST) 2.623.253.20
Hide « PSV v Marseille
Shakhtar v Sporting (19:45BST) 2.163.404.00

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October i have allready placed my bet for wednesday coz when i saw these odds i have to take it quick before it changed i took chelsea to beat roma at 8/15 now on paddy power it has gone down to 4/9 chelsea won weekned 5-0 with a 2nd string team and roma lost 4-0 at home to inter. + chelsea home recored just cant see anythin but a home win !

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October Chelsea -1 @ 1.78 188bet 5 Units Took this yesterday just about after I finished watching the Roma/Inter game. What can we say about Roma that they have been far too inconsistent and that they require the services of Totti. I haven't seen a team in the Serie A struggle because one player is out, like Roma. Chelsea can clinch the group with a win here, infact, in the back of their heads they know they have the group in the bag and with previous managers such as Mourinho and Grant, this game would be meaningless. But thus far I really really am impressed with how Scolari has taken hold of mid week games. Chelsea will ALWAYS have quality even if the players are these so called "2nd team" players. Roma's attack has looked very very inept vs a team that can suffocate them on the defense and control the mid, and that is what Chelsea can easily do to Roma here. Spalletti was hunted down by Roma fans when they lost their CL opener and I'm pretty sure he was hunted down again yesterday. Sooner or later Rosella Sensi has to give Spalletti the boot, for his own sake and the sake of the club.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October chelsea looks like a banker, and i really haven't got much to add to the reasoning of guys above. roma looked like crap against inter yesterday, to be honest they did create some chances, but defense looked just...lost in space in time, no other way to put it. chelsea is playing very well and seem to be hitting a stride, so i can't see anything but a clear home win. even the bigger handicaps and HT/FT definitely look tempting.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October well i would agree with you there, but a watched the chelsea game this weekend. Mido played quite well and chelsea was only able to bag goals when mido opened and started attacking more. I don`t think that roma will open in such a way especially when spaleti`s position on the roma bench is shaky. still i think that chelsea shoujld be able to win this game. home win

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October

Don't mean to rub it in but can get 2.2 with betfred...staggering odds given Scolari always wants them to go for more goals.
You are clearly talking about a Euro handicap, ie Chelsea will have to win by 2 or you lose, that -1 @ 1.78 is an AH, ie money back if they win by 1;)

Chelsea -1 @ 1.78 188bet 5 Units Took this yesterday just about after I finished watching the Roma/Inter game. What can we say about Roma that they have been far too inconsistent and that they require the services of Totti. I haven't seen a team in the Serie A struggle because one player is out, like Roma. Chelsea can clinch the group with a win here, infact, in the back of their heads they know they have the group in the bag and with previous managers such as Mourinho and Grant, this game would be meaningless. But thus far I really really am impressed with how Scolari has taken hold of mid week games. Chelsea will ALWAYS have quality even if the players are these so called "2nd team" players. Roma's attack has looked very very inept vs a team that can suffocate them on the defense and control the mid, and that is what Chelsea can easily do to Roma here. Spalletti was hunted down by Roma fans when they lost their CL opener and I'm pretty sure he was hunted down again yesterday. Sooner or later Rosella Sensi has to give Spalletti the boot, for his own sake and the sake of the club.
Hate to say, but you might be right, it was Spalletti who messed up yesterday vs Inter - with the missings at the back you would expect him to play it different. Cicinho and Riise are class below Pannuci, and those 2 going forward was a great deal of team effort wasted. Loria was better, yet not much experience along with Juan and a fatal mistake for the second goal which killed the game. Without Mexes there seem to be no order at the back. But the biggest problems for Roma were forward and midfield... Playing Totti was a mistake, certainly he wasn't needed at the start, as he is not fully fit, it was obvious...Given the freedom in the midfield to go anywhere ( and not being in top form ) badly damages the creativity of everybody else - I often noticed wasted De Rossi, Acquilani, Perrotta, etc as they give all the space to Totti, even Vucinic sometimes suffers, certainly yesterday, stuck on the left. I don't know if Baptista is fit, but it was excactly the kind of player they needed last night, a forward stuck deep in Inter defence, instead of a far too many good midfielders - it is like England with Stevie G, Lampard, Barry and at least one more of their caliber. IMO Spalletti has a problem and it is called Totti - NO Manager in his boots will dare to keep the Prince of Rome on the bench, even when his form is doubtful. For the record I think it was 2 seasons ago when Roma had 34 out of 36 points in the second part, WITHOUT Totti. Certainly a local giant, he is now becoming an obstacle to experiments, to new players, to being flexible with tactics when different opponents need it. Spalletti to go would be a major mistake, not many Managers of his class available, who could make a title contender with a limited budget. That was his case in Udinese, such is the case here. Otherwise it makes no sense buying the foreign players Roma did in the past 2 years, rubbish imo, yet he kept the club running well. Given the budgets of the AC, Juve or Inter I reckon Roma with him will become a Euro force, Juve will be first on the line to sign him, AC next. Rome is a different place though... Sorry for this post, a bit emotional....IMO Roma will give Chelsea a good fight, better than the Sunday game. The Inter game should be a lesson, even with important missings at the back play should improve with help from the midfield. With the current league position it can't get any worse for players, who on top of that are all aware of their quality. Away from the demanding fans in Rome the Wolves should be better, the game in Bordeaux proved it ( WITHOUT Totti ). Two things catching my eye, the Over at 2,00 as I see Roma scoring and Roma at HT + 0,5 AH at 1,90. Both bets are a bit risky vs in-form Chelsea, but there again which one isn't....

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October Inter v anorthosis team from famagusta performed really bad in last domestic match they drew at home against one of the relegation canditates,without creating scoring opportunities, they even missed penalty in last second of the match, after the referee gifted them a ridiculus penalty i beleive that at giuseppe meazza they dont stand chance Inform Inter, should trash anorthosis by at least three goals my suggestion here is over 3.5 goals @2.50 good luck !:ok

Inter v anorthosis team from famagusta performed really bad in last domestic match they drew at home against one of the relegation canditates,without creating scoring opportunities, they even missed penalty in last second of the match, after the referee gifted them a ridiculus penalty i beleive that at giuseppe meazza they dont stand chance Inform Inter, should trash anorthosis by at least three goals my suggestion here is over 3.5 goals @2.50 good luck !:ok
probable score : 4-0, 4-1 5-0

Inter v anorthosis team from famagusta performed really bad in last domestic match they drew at home against one of the relegation canditates,without creating scoring opportunities, they even missed penalty in last second of the match, after the referee gifted them a ridiculus penalty i beleive that at giuseppe meazza they dont stand chance Inform Inter, should trash anorthosis by at least three goals my suggestion here is over 3.5 goals @2.50 good luck !:ok
Inter slowly coming together and a team like Anorthosis has been playing the CL out of their head and now they will be in for a reality check!

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October At. Madrid-Liverpool Atletico started the season in great fashion but as I've wrote before I think the 6-1 defeat at Barça a couple of weeks ago was kind of a "momentum killer" for them. Still, they're getting some players back from injury like Simão and they're a very good team specially at home where they have a 4-2-0 all time record against English clubs and a 17-3-3 home European Cup one. Liverpool always seem inconsistent and capable of the better and the worst...still, they're a great team and have a nice 6-3-2 record in their 11 games in Spain so far. I think the key to this game is the fact that both teams are top of the group on 6 points and that a draw would be a nice result for both (the other 2 teams in the group, PSV and Marseille both have 0 points) and would put them both in a great position to qualify for the next round. My pick: draw (3.33); Basel-Barcelona Hosts have a horrible 0-0-2 so far in the group and they know they're the worst team in the group and one of the worst in this round of the Champions League. Barcelona has won all of their last 7 games, some in a "ugly way" but still won and they have a chance here of assuring their place in the next round of the CL and the possibility of giving playing time to ther players in the group games after this one. My pick: Barcelona (1.47); Panathinaikos-W. Bremen Panathinaikos are 0-0-2 so far in their group games but have a 5-0-1 in their last 6 home games. Playing in Greece with all the support from the local fans is always hard for the away team. Bremen are a very experienced team at this level and have a 0-2-0 record so far with the last one being an impressive draw away to Inter Milan. I expect a tight game and think Bremen would be happy with a draw on this one as well. My pick: draw (3.34); PSV-Marseille Both teams have 0 points so far in the competition after 2 games and things are not looking good at all for them. They also have just average records in their last 6 overall with PSV going 3-0-3 and Marseille 2-2-2. PSV has the "home field advantage" but I think Marseille are a better team than PSV this season so things are kind of "even" IMO. My pick: draw (3.25); Good luck! JC

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October is it me? or does 2.38 for atletico-liverpool seem very overpriced? atletico have a defense capable of allowing 3 on they're own. 1-1 scoreline is very possible to acheive by ht here, and i really feel no clue as to who will take the match (leaning reds) i think i must jump on these odds

is it me? or does 2.38 for atletico-liverpool seem very overpriced? atletico have a defense capable of allowing 3 on they're own. 1-1 scoreline is very possible to acheive by ht here' date=' and i really feel no clue as to who will take the match (leaning reds) i think i must jump on these odds[/quote'] These odds (which you did not state but i guess you are talking about over 2.5) are probably based on the fact that this is the most important match of the group stage. With Torres out Liverpool are likely to take a more negative approach to the game (While they have been shown to score without him including Kuyt netting a few times recently they certainly would not be as comfortable getting into a scoring frenzy without Torres on the field). A loss here for Athletico would be disastrous and a loss to Liverpool would put Athletico 3 points clear something Liverpool do not want. I think that is well possible however this is a strange matchup and truly nothing is clear. It was the plan for me to take Liverpool on the level however with Torres injurred I am hadrly AS confident, that being said Kuyt is a proven CL goalscorer and Liverpool just seem to have overwhelming confidence. In a match that could go 1-1, 1-0 either way or 3-1 either way I really don't fancy a standard bet. Perhaps taking Kuyt (4.5), Gerrard (4.2) and F.S Pongolle (3.75) are options that may be worth taking for Anytime Goalscorer (For something a little more risky Kuyt for last goalscorer @ 11 may be a good option). I am leaning more and more towards Liverpool (+0) providing the price is right althought it seems like the money is coming for us and i am not happy for evens, so i may just dabble in goalscorer bets...:ok

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October Goal/Goal at odds between 1,83 and 2,00 in four games: - Atletico Madrid - Liverpool - both teams might settle for a draw as JC Tips points above, but just a quick look at the the forwards and attacking midfielders in both teams seems to me enough to expect goals from both teams. The draw might be a good strategy for the Managers, but none of the teams will go out with this in mind. - Chelsea - Roma - odds suggest a thrashing, so do some displays by Chelsea and the form of Roma in Serie A. I pointed above I expect Roma to do better away from the demanding home fans, maybe not as good as in Bordeaux, still a goal for the Wolves could come from anywhere, I don't believe in Chelsea clean sheet, just as I believe in Spalletti to make it not as easy as odds suggest.. The point is though that even at 6-1 to Chelsea this is a winner bet, at 2,00 :loon - PSV - Marseille - hosts were famous for their tight defense, used to keep often clean sheet, but this season things changed. Either in Holland teams are getting far better, or PSV are having problems at the back ( OR BOTH ). Madrid scored many here, Marseille are very dangerous and I expect them to score. PSV are also good upfront with Danny K and Danko Lazovic, so the bet looks good. Both teams will play to win. - Bordeaux - Cluj - hosts will play to win, and they probably will. This will give enough space for more attacking play from both teams - how dangerous are the Romanians we all know now. Winning in Rome was no accident, enough chances were created for more goals. Anyone who watched the Chelsea game must admit that yet again Cluj look far better and dangerous upfront - Bordeaux are looking shaky this season and a great chance is on a plate to guests. Odds of 1,90 look good to me. Being cheeky added Overs in London and Bordeaux, at 2,00 and 2,15. GOOD LUCK ALL

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October games last nite were great for over 2.5 :cheers , but tonight should be slightly different. the only one i'm confident about is PSV-OM. both should attack as they must win, both can score but have leaky defence. it smells good to me. prediction 1-2 or 2-2 an other one could be chelski- as roma. under scolari the londoners play attacking football, deco should be back and they are at home. roma will be pissed off after their defeat 4-0 at the week-end and with totti back, could score 1 goal. prediction: 2-1

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October Bremen @2.50 to beat panathinaikos away team from athens looks in a mess, i watched them i have to say, when they faced anorthosis here in cyprus they were awfull, i described them as a second division team, mediocre players, and very poor coaching by den kate bremen is not much better, but the inportant for them is that they are scoring machine, no matter home or away (2-5 at bayern munich) in my opinion, this is the best away win of the day,bremen went to athens for the win, and they will attack from the first moment to score against this poor panathinaikos side good luck!:ok

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October Just two games for me tonight: Chelsea V Roma Chelsea have been in dazzling form of late, the team clicking together and looked unstoppable in their 5-0 demolition away at Middlesborough. They haven't conceded in their last 3 matches and this looks ominous for a Roma side who were thumped 4-0 by Inter at the weekend. Five of Chelsea's games so far have had at least 4 goals scored by the Blues, whereas Roma have played 4 games away and had 4 put past them 3 times. I feel Chelsea will easily have the class to beat Roma, and therefore am going for Chelsea -1.25 on the AH. Pick: Chelsea -1.25 AH @1.92 (Betfair) 5/10 Inter v Anorthosis For me, Inter will have far too much firepower for Anorthosis. True Anorthosis have made a good start to the CL campaign, beating Panathinaikos 3-1, and then gaining a creditable draw away at Bremen. However, Inter are in another class altogether. They are yet to lose at home this season, and after the 4-0 hammering of Roma, confidence will be high. Pick: Inter -1.5 AH @1.52 (Betfair) 7/10 Good luck everyone :hope

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October Mourinho is one hundred years ahead of all coaches the guy is unbeleivable ! he asked and watched all anorthosis games, from the qualification rounds during july till groups! oowwooo he is a monster coach, he never underestimate opponents, he respects everybody playing football lets hope, not be too much kind and gentle, and order for engine off, when score is 2-0 for example....:eyes ok, this is a theory ofcource, you never know in soccer, maybe inter players hit the posts than finding net...hehehe... 40k inter fans are expected tonight at giuseppe meazza 1500 cypriots traveled to milano to support anorthosis now i remember my self at giuseppe meazza in 1994, when my team, Apollo of Limassol, faced inter milan! that time we were 100 only, because of no realistic chance to qualify :okhehe good luck anorthosis! may the inter players hit the posts and not find net at all!:lol bye mates

with Zlatan to score @1.85/1.90 is my pick :tongue2

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October Hello, elders i just youngster, i maybe know what is score Panathinaikos Athens vs. SV Werder Bremen, i saw in other bet sites, and should be 2:1. and PSV Eindhoven vs. Olympique de Marseille , should be in my respect opinion :) after all analysis 0:1 . Maybe somebody could give me advise or write your opinion. THanks:ok

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October Horror night last night as the overs killed me. :@ Chelsea -1.5 Chelsea come into this game with some impressive recent form while Roma are themselves struggling for form. Chelsea have an excellent home record backed by a defence that continues toget clean sheets while their goals come from all sorts of players. Roma just don't look like a team with confidence and going to Stanford Bridge is not an exciting prospect for them given their form and Chelsea's. Good win for the blues. Inter Milan -2.5 Despite Anorthosis beating Panathinaikos this is another series of levels more difficult for them as they face Inter at home where Mourinho doesn't show any mercy. With Ibrahimovic in form as he scored twice on the weekend then they should have the class to win by at least 3. Werder Bremen Panathinaikos showed they have problems with their teams in losing to the minnows in the group, Anorthosis. Now they meet Bremen who have much experience playing in the Champions League. Baumann, Frings and Diego should dictate the midfield while Pizarro should cause plenty of problems up front. Bremen to win this Barcelona -1.5 Barcelona top their group and can pretty much clinch qualification to the next stage with a win here. They got out of jail with a win against Shaktar but Basel shouldn't pose too many problems and look to Messi to once again have a big influence on the outcome Liverpool With Aguerro unlikely to start, and Liverpool pretty familiar wiht the likes of Garcia, Forlan and Sinama Pongolle, then Athletico shouldn't pose too many problems if Gerrard continues to lead the team as he has done os in the past. While the loss of Torres is a blow, Kuyt has stepped and scored goals for them, while the return of Mascerano should add some more starch to the midfield. Liverpool have the quality to get behind the Athletico defenders who have been prone to making mistakes and this game should tune Liverpool up for the big clash with Chelsea on the weekend

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October UEFA Champions League Soccer - Bordeaux/FC Cluj - total Over 2½ (+114) for the regulation time held on Oct 22 at 1:45pm [pending] Soccer - PSV Eindhoven/Marseille - total Over 2½ (+104) for the regulation time held on Oct 22 at 1:45pm [pending] Desperate teams...Bordeaux need a win, Cluj surprising everyone so far but need to keep winning in Group A (draws put Roma in the driver's seat), both teams concede and score nearly every game in their respective leagues. In the other game, PSV's good defense is a concern, but Group D stands at Atetico and Liverpool 6 points each, PSV and Marseille with 0. Both teams should hammer at each other for a win here, as it's the only way for either team to stay alive.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October U can only really rely on English Teams in this Competition I find. They are the Bollox. Pure Class. They try and win every game, try to win their group as quick as possible. No Fckign around. Chelsea and MAn Utd are Unbeatable over a 90min period, best teams in the world at the moment. The only way you can beat them is on a penalty shootout, so the best Roma can hope to get from Chelsea tonight is a draw. Chelsea have alot on injuries. but they still win 5-0. No team can match em. ROma have Mexes, Pannuci, and Totti back n the squad, so they should be stronger than they have been this season, but i still cant see em coming away with anything. BArca are worth a look, they should blast Basel to bitz. But I dont trust em like I trust English teams.. They rested Messi, Puyol and a few others over the weekend, so i would imagine theR'll play tonight.. They slugged out a hard 1-0 against Bilbao at the weeekend so hopefully they will play the big boyz tonight and rap up 3 points easily. Im dodging Inter MIlan, as it aint worth it at those odds, and I dont trust em to push for goals either.... Lazy C_nts Probbaly gonna go for a BArca /Chelsea DOuble at around evens...

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Wednesday 22nd October Barcelona isn't in the best form but it has been winning, Primera Divison is much superior to Swiss league yet Basel has been struggling recently and Barca has been doing pretty well. Messi is one of the best players in the world, I cant see anything else than Barca(-1) win, Chelsea is probably best playing european team recently and you can see that they are making progress, everything needs to end one day but I cant see poor Roma side force that change that is why I think Chelsea(-1) is a banker This double is around 4.5, which according to the form of these four teams is a really good value. Best of luck for all of you tonight.

Hello, elders and PSV Eindhoven vs. Olympique de Marseille , should be in my respect opinion :) after all analysis 0:1 . Maybe somebody could give me advise or write your opinion. THanks:ok
think over is the best choice for this game.both team got 0 point after loose their first two match.PSV conceded already 6 goal in 2 match that proove the level of their defence and Marseille score vs Liverpool and Athletico but loose both 2-1.This game song like a elimination for a team who loose this and for both if draw happen.According interview of PSV coach Psv will not play like vs Reds with 11 defender and must play for the win tonight with a offencive team.Same approch for Marseille coach Eric Gerets who was a PSV player and coach during his career. Most probable team for tonight : Mandanda - Bonnart, Zubar, Hilton, Taiwo - Cana, Cheyrou - Valbuena (ou Ziani), Ben Arfa, Koné - Niang Isaksson - Rodriguez, Marcellis, Bréchet, Salcido - Mendez, Simons, Afellay, Wuytens (ou Culina) - Amrabat, Lazovic. Both team got defencive problem and Marseille specially got lot of problem to keep result when open score.Both team got a offencive football and play their qualification tonight. Over 2.5 @ 2.05 and both to score @ 1.80 medium/high stake are for me the best two pick but i chosse over Win from behind @ 7 5 or more goal @ 7.50 little stake are additional intresting too GL all :hope