** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Oct Oan Sicit Mgha

Mr Intensity

Re: Oct Oan Sicit Mgha Did you actually have a strategy ? Not being cheeky or anything but just ask yourself the question. ( I did, only problem is i didn't stick to it :rollin ) For what i can tell, a) too many matches at the same time b) too high stakes to begin with ( risk too high ) c) no clear predefined money management d) what was your intention here and did your action align with that intention ? Find an answer to that last question and a new strategy should emerge almost by itself. ( and then i think i'll join you :lol )

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Oct Oan Sicit Mgha Thoughts are most welcome, especially as I only lasted 3 days:lol:lol. a) Perhaps, I don't think I missed any opportunities because of more than 1 match at a time, but of course I couldn't watch all of 2 or 3 at the same time. b) I agree, but this was my plan to begin with. Also, I think it highlights my main problem with trading....trading out. This week the prices seemed to go really quickly against me (I lost count of how many times my guy dropped serve within 2 minutes of me backing them:wall). c) No I didn't. I was trying to use this to experiment and see how it went, but didn't last long enough to try different things. Can I ask what your staking strategy was? I'm sure I saw something early in your thread, but then how do you every end up going all in?:unsure d) Not sure. I ended up laying a lot of favs, and back to a) I didn't get out of them quick enough. I thought I made some good decisions on the first day i.e. the Monfils/Gonzalez game but then after that it just seemed to go wrong. Might just stick to straight betting, just need to come up with an aggressive staking plan:lol:lol

Re: Oct Oan Sicit Mgha

Can I ask what your staking strategy was?
There's a number of things i look for but the main one is to try and see who will win the next event. An event being a point, game, set or match. Once i select the event i bet on that gives me the timeframe to let the bet ride. So if i bet on a game i trade out after that game, if i bet on the match i let it ride until the end of the match. But then i may trade out early or switch position depending on what i see going on. Things can chance fast in a tennis match.
I'm sure I saw something early in your thread, but then how do you every end up going all in?
It's a combination of getting impatient with results, it al goes too boring slow, and getting overconfident. This cumulates in getting involved in too many matches and letting stakes get too high. One of the biggest mistakes i made in the last run was not doing my homework. Trading on matches without even looking at the recent stats of the players. Did someone mention overconfident ? The thing i've learned now is that it's all related to the rest of my life and how things are going in general. So i'm now trying to find out exactly why i'm impatient with slow results, as in itself there's nothing wrong with that. There's a few things i've identified and will be looking to change. Big one is time-mangement. Spend too much time trading when i should be doing other things. Then i see all the things i should have done and get impatient. So in stead of getting impatient i should just get things done. But somehow it's easier said than done :rollin