** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct Hi guys, the following bet for tomorrow: WTA TOUR, MOSCOW BARTOLI TO D CIBULKOVA @ 1.91 at stanjames The courts in Moscow are usually very quick. They are not as quick as they were 2-3 years ago when they were referred as "ice rinks", but still you should go with attacking players here. Bartoli defeated Cibulkova just last week in Stuttgart by 6:3 6:1 on a similar pace surface and has another victory over her indoors in Paris this year.

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct Melzer @ 1.57 Bet365 I remember their epic match in Wimbledon open, won by in five sets. Although on grass Ljubicic had huge advantage of great service Melzer found the way.I think tme passes and Ljubicic is not the same player we used to see. Recent defeat from Hnaescu he's completely out of form, Melzer plays in Austria and is the guy in form. 110 % sure win for austrian. Kohlschreiber @ 1.61 Bet365 He's hadn't played recently and needs to do well in this tournament. Good player with a lot of self-discipline and great backhand. Giquel on other part is the player who had an average tournament in Metz and plays full close to his potential. Didn't like his game against Mannarino so I''ll fancy the german here.

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct my first round banker is Lopez to beat Calleri odds around 1.5 i extremely like this spaniard, he plays normally top level on fast surfaces, he performed a genious game against baghdatis in wimbledon, i think he played the match of his carrer, astonishing fast efficient, no chance here imo for calleri, i wait to see the market tomorrow, and then i will decide to place my max stakes here see you tomorrow:ok

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct CHARDY @ 1.90 Boylesports. Chardy has potential indoors, and this looks like a solid price. He did OK against Tipsarevic last week and he showed later in the week he was playing well. These courts are normally really quick and that should suit the young Frenchman more. Starace is poor indoors and despite being 8-10 on this surface he’s never beaten a guy ranked inside 100. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

BARTOLI @ 1.84 Pinnacle. I saw this match up last week and it really looked to suit Bartoli. To be honest the way Cibulko was playing she was just like a ball machine for Bartoli. Bartoli also beat her indoors in straight sets earlier in the year and I can’t see anything changing. If anything the quicker courts here should put it more in Bartolis favour. She was crushed by Zvonareva after the win over Cibulkova, but that’s my only concern here.

FERRERO @ 2.37 Stan James. Something was wrong with Karlovic last week, he was losing to Baggy then lost to Moya and his serving stats just weren’t good enough. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Vienna is traditionally pretty slow for an indoor event and I don’t have much confidence in Ivo. Ferrero played well in Beijing after an extended injury lay off and should come here with a bit of confidence. He’s got a good record here reached a final and semi final, and I think he’s going to be tough to beat in this part of the season as he should be refreshed (perhaps a David Nalbandian run coming to an indoor event near you!).

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct It's amazing how we think almost the same. I put my bets on Lopez, Ferrero, Chardy without looking your posts. Now I'm more confident than ever. Hernych @ 1.83 Ladbrokes I didn't see neither Karanusic nor Hernych long time ago, but I'm sure Hernych is more talented player. I saw croatian in Umag and he didn't impressed me with his passive game losing from Maximo Gonzalez. I go for instinct here, both players are not even in first 100, so they will give all for good display in Moscow.

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct Lopez to beat Calleri 2-0 @2 as explained in previous post, this is the best of the day for me other options are: Andreev to beat Lu 2-0 @1.65 russian is doing excellent season, i remember he impressed me a lot in us open...he lost to federer 3-2 after very good effort, and really changed my idea i had about him, which was not the perfect Lu defetead Murray :(, in a match that perhaps andrew was not that concentrated, or even interested, you know, olympics are not for tennis, murray said before olynpics, that is very modivated and proud to play there:unsure, however, seems that he changed mind as soon as he arrived there, very pathetic game by him.. anyway, Lu apart from this strange result, has nothing important to show us good luck boys :notworthy

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct Yes, Hernych won in 3 sets so I'll give my instinct credit once more. Berrer @ 3.00 Bet365 He always had been for me you know just one of the guys who waste their talent. Fantastic display from him at Wimbledon in first round against Joker. He's a bad temper and is too emotional. But in big matches like this one,I''l think he'll take his chance. Moya had a string of decent played tournaments and I suppose the tiredness come here. Berrer is a powerful giant like Tursunov from whom he lost recently. I will add the good display in Orleans for german where he passed Mannarino with a categoric 6-0, 7-6.

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct thnx god bartoli retired:notworthy never, never again to bet on wta guys this is my principle : never bet on women tennis, coz this is the sure way to lose money, i dont know why the hell i placed a combo today including bartoli...i am so idiot but thnx god she retired, so this is void :clap, she was serving like a fiftteen years old school girl, thats the nature of women, you never know... Lopez won 2-0, 76 76, and now wait andreev to cash my coupon, lets see....

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct Possibly 1 more play just waiting on a price on a qualifier;) C ROCHUS @ 3.00 Skybet. Don’t see much between these guys here. Darcis has had the better year, with C Rochus mainly operating at challenger level. Darcis is a real confidence player, and I really don’t like him early in a tournament – in fact he’s gone out in the first 2 rounds in 17 of 21 tournaments this year. C Rochus struggled earlier in the year, but seems to be playing better lately. In a couple of indoor hard court challengers he’s reached semi final and final including beating Darcis in 3 sets last week. Looks a solid price. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

SCHWANK @ 3.00 Paddy Power. Schwank looked pretty reasonable last week, beating Almagro and Hanescu and taking Stepanek to 3 sets. He’s known as a clay courter, but played well at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Wimbledon and I think he could be decent on quicker circumstances. Last week was certainly encouraging. After an awesome summer, I think Simon could struggle in this part of the season. I opposed him against Mahut last week and I’m willing to do so again at this price.

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct LEVY @ 3.30 Pinnacle. Couple of prices up now and this looks reasonable from Pinnacle. Benny has been one to oppose for me recently and he's now on a 7 match losing streak. He's got a tough opponent here and could struggle. Levy has always been capable on quicker surfaces and despite slipping down the rankings he can still bring a big game. He did well coming through qualifying and I'd take anything over 3.00 on this one.

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct Mr Intensity I see you hunting big dogs, I will not agree with you again about Simon :lol , I do not think about Hanescu and Almagro as great hardcourts players. R. Schuettler @ 1.53 Bet365 I do not see how "wooden" Cris can beat an intelligent player as Schuettler is. I remember their match in Casablanca won by Rainer in 3 sets. It was a close match Guccione's only weapon was serve, and the only set he won was the tie-break in style of Karlovic. He's weak in-play, serve is not enough for winning,we see this with Karlovic. 110 % bet.

ATP, Davis Cup and Grand Slam Main Draw Results
matchresults_yeartournamentcityetc.gif
2008 Casablanca Morocco Clay R32 Schuettler 6-4 6-7(5) 6-2

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct MR I ancic wasnt injured he was ill,so big difference. sicknes is behind. he lack some matches but he showe some nice stuff in this last two matches. rochus cant do anything in this situation. easy win for ancic for me.:hope

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct

MR I ancic wasnt injured he was ill' date='so big difference. sicknes is behind. he lack some matches but he showe some nice stuff in this last two matches. rochus cant do anything in this situation. easy win for ancic for me.:hope[/quote'] i suppose he pointed at C. Rochus not "O." one

P.Kohlschreiber-M.Gicquel (07/10) 1 1.66
R.Schuettler-C Guccione (07/10) 1 1.53
S.Darcis-C.Rochus (07/10) 2 2.62
My 10€ treble on Eurobet.. I follow the bets on german Kohl and austrian Schu and about Rochus who plays in Stockholm: I remember some past Stockholm open tournaments and the Rochus belgians have been in this tournament before and one or both of these two belgians have always got past the first round. My own thoughts about Rochus mixed with yours make me feel confident about him. Seven years ago the dutch Sjeng Schalken who now is retired won Stockholm open and met Jarkko Nieminen from Finland in the final. I think Nieminen can be quite good this time to. He's one of the favorites since Roger Federer withdrawn before it began.

MR I ancic wasnt injured he was ill' date='so big difference. sicknes is behind. he lack some matches but he showe some nice stuff in this last two matches. rochus cant do anything in this situation. easy win for ancic for me.:hope[/quote'] I'm not involved in the Ancic match mate:ok In smaller tournaments I do tend to go for more dogs:ok

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct MINAR @ 1.42 Pinnacle. This price just looks a little big, I'd agree with most of the UK bookies who go 1.33. Hernandez is awful away from clay and can't see him troubling Minar. Minar is a player I like, he hits hard and flat and has a good game for indoors. He pushed Roddick really hard last week and should just be far too good here.

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct hello guys this are my bets for today w williams -peneta OVER 20.5 and maybe 2 odds around 4.10 ok williams is williams but peneta is very good this year she improved a lot in every tournamnet she is for sure i 1/4 or semifinal:) H2H is 2-1 for penneta 30-5-2008 roland garos 5-7 3-6 for penneta 13-10-2007 bangkok 6-4 7-6 again for pennet 29-9-2007 korea open 6-2 6-2 for wiliams so over i thnik for sure melzer -lubicic what to say ljubicic is totaly out of form he lose from hanescu in 2 sets i thnik mezler will have easy win 2-0 ljubicic serve is not his old srtong serve and w/o serve i dont see any chance for ljubo here also some bets for challengers cause there is not thread for them frorianapollis capdeville-zampieri capdeville win he has very good results this year won in final in aracaju with alves 2-0 also win final in binghampton with ram 2-1 i dont know much about zamperi i know that he lose from poch-grandin 6-1 6-1 in aracaju:P another match with interesting H2H is kim-bogomolov in sacramento 4-0 for kim k 2 wins in 2008 2 wins in 2007:D i will try here kim win odds around 1.6 also i will try for asuncion wins for fereiro with benedetti and dabul with lisnard GL guys

MINAR @ 1.42 Pinnacle. This price just looks a little big' date= I'd agree with most of the UK bookies who go 1.33. Hernandez is awful away from clay and can't see him troubling Minar. Minar is a player I like, he hits hard and flat and has a good game for indoors. He pushed Roddick really hard last week and should just be far too good here.
I too liked the look of Minar but am a bit worried now! Any idea why he has drifted BIG time? Went up to ~1.90 on the exchanges?!

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct http://video.sportbox.ru/VidySporta/Tennis Kremlin Cup here enjoy. Heart-breaking match between Simon and Scwank. Frenchman was serving for the match but Scwank returned simply drama. Tie-break now. :@:@:@ Noooooo..... Schwank won. Well I mde some money with Penneta today. I'm mad, how many chances he had. Chardy @ 4.00 Bet365 Statistics speak in Andreev favour. He's playing at home, he won their last meeting in US Open in 3 sets ( 7-6,6-3,6-4 ), he's playing in Moscow. Frenchman goes as underdog, and I know what french players like the most: playing with second chance. Chardy showed good form recently and amazed me against Starace with his game at the net. Igor is a baseliner and good server, surely there will be tie-breaks here, but I know he can not handle the pressure well. It will be a match of nerves and I trust my instinct here.

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct Have to say I'm pretty glad Schwank won, as my other dogs couldn't get it done (I'm also annoyed at some of the big dogs I've missed out on today). Now if Minar wins I make a profit today, if he loses I make a loss:lol:lol:lol

Re: ATP Moscow/Stockholm/Vienna & WTA Moscow 6th -12th Oct GABASHVILI @ 3.53 Pinnacle. I quite like Gabashvili, especially at a big price and this looks reasonable for the all-Russian affair. Gabashvili is coming off a challenger title indoors in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Mons. Youzhny lost 2nd round in Tokyo to Schuettler and doesn’t have a very good record here. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

ISTOMIN @ 2.8 Boylesports. Don’t really see Istomin as over 2.5 here. He’s come through qualifying and got a very good win over Llodra in the first round. Santoro had a very tough match against Schukin and you can’t be sure how the old fella will feel the day after. I think this will be a similarly tough battle for him, and I quite like this price.

SREBOTNIK @ 3.30 Pinnacle. This looks a decent price. Srebotnik came through qualifying and got a very comfortable win over Alona Bondarenko in the first round. She’s playing well lately and is capable of getting the big win. I opposed Dementieva last week successfully and as I said then I think she’ll struggle in this part of the season. I know this is the Kremlin Cup and she should be up for this event more than others, but I still think there’s a good chance of an upset here.

GULBIS @ 2.50 Stan James. Don’t understand this price. Gonzlaez has really been struggling lately – he’s managed to grind out a few wins but really doesn’t look to be playing well. He struggled in the first round against Bolelli and this is going to be a much tougher test. Gulbis has been playing OK lately and I definitely fancy him for a run at one of these indoor events, and he should come through this.