Attention, PL Members! To reinforce security on the forum, we have updated our login process. Please note that you will now need to use your email address to sign in, rather than your forum username. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st

Wednesday 1 October 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">
Anorthosis v Panathinaikos (19:45BST) 3.403.402.34
Hide « Anorthosis v Panathinaikos
Atlético v Marseille (19:45BST) 1.723.956.40
Hide « Atlético v Marseille
Bordeaux v Roma (19:45BST) 3.053.252.60
Hide « Bordeaux v Roma
CFR Cluj v Chelsea (19:45BST) 9.804.301.50
Hide « CFR Cluj v Chelsea
Inter v Werder Bremen (19:45BST) 1.594.107.00
Hide « Inter v Werder Bremen
Liverpool v PSV (19:45BST) 1.444.7010.50
Hide « Liverpool v PSV
Shakhtar v Barcelona (19:45BST) 4.803.651.86
Hide « Shakhtar v Barcelona
Sporting v Basel (19:45BST) 1.624.006.80

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st hello hello my boys Anorthosis @3.4 is my champions league bet when draw announced at monaco, anorthosis people and ketspaya,described panathinaikos as "the team to beat" from that day, they are working really hard , all of teams plans are based on that dream; to achive the first champions league victory ever... pao, an average european team, with less quality than oly, is locked now as the target by ketspaya and players, they decided that this athenian team is the ideal victim to attack with maximum power pao, is bigger name than anorthosis, but not better team right now, in addition, anorthosis has two world class players you cant find in pao's roster. Sabio, a true champion, the leader of the team, in fantastic form,and of course Dellas the colossus man, he is repeating here the legendary performances of euro2004, yes a dellas of the past alive here concerning coach affairs, ketspaya is by far the brain here, who is that "de kate" beleive me i dont know... match will be played at GSP stadium in front of 22k fans, one thousand of them expected the travellers from athens this not the home ground of anorthosis, they have chosen this one because of the capacity perhaps, but here normally anorthosis performing top level games i like anorthosis people and ketspaya, this man is living and breathing for this match, everybody there are one body and one soul, with only one target; to beat pana, dream to be materialised, first champions league victory ever....:ok match of the history for anorthosis, i follow them @3.40 small stakes, dont be fool, is champions league here:notworthyhehehe, have a nice afternoon

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st well is for sure a nice bet! if they are strong they are strong, especially i back this becuz panathinaikos is not the bet away game in european football! remind me as chelsea fene etc etc! atletico lost last sunday but let's not forget they have a good team! gerrets is a good leauge coach but in europe he never impressed! not with lierse and not with psv ... so i dont expect he can do it in europe with a team that had already a lot of games, i think the mental pressure will be too much for them! i also consider liverpool as a safe bet ... psv again, away team and not that strong in group stages! they need tons of chances to score, and honestly last couple of weeks, are very average! whot bout inter - werder +2.5 goals? cheers!

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st Atletico Madrid- Olympique Atletico Madrid is really on fire. After they knock-out Schalke 04 they showed great form in Spanish League and in first match in group stage of CL when they won 3:0 against PSV away from home. In summer they reinforced each formation- Gk Coupet from Olympique Lyon, defenders Heitinga from Ajax and Ujfalusi from Fiorentina- both played in Euro 08. In midfield young and talented Banega from Valencia, P. Assuncao from Porto and Maniche who came back from Inter and is very useful player now. In attack they bought Florent Sinama-Pongolle. This 23 years old guy is really great- he already scored four goals and collected one assist. He and Aguero can be even better choice than Forlan. Atletico play attractive offensive football, they are dangerous especially on home ground where they already(in three matches) scored eight goals and lost only one! Simao and Forlan are still out, but Pongolle is in great form so no big deal in my opinion. Heitinga, Banega and Aguero are fit again. Maniche is doubtful but he should be ready. The Marseille's chairman said that when anyone heard name "Olympique" he knows that this is about Marseille not about Olympique from Lyon. Well, maybe in France, but in Champions League O. Lyon has much better reputation and I think that in this season things will be look similar. After first few matches of this season I really believed in Olympique Marseille, but now I think that this team is still chimerical. They can score four or more goals on some matches, but in other they can't finish any from plenty opportunities to score. In last season after Eric Gerets took over control they were masters on home ground. But they away record was only 6-8-5 and also they were still chimerical- for example disappointing lost to funny team- Carquefou in France Cup. In this season they are without a win in last five matches(three draws in Ligue 1 and two loses- one in Champions League and one in France League Cup). They play badly in attack- having big problems with finishing. This could be long crisis, season ago they also struggling in autumn... They will be still without defenders like Givet and Rodriguez who are long term injured. Two teams who love attacking football, but Marseille has big problems with finishing at the moment so maybe over is not best option. Home win is more secure in my opinion. On Betfair odds around 1.66 are still open and this should be right choice.

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st i did put liverpool and atletico in combo! i also did put something on arsonosi or whotever :D especially cuz pana away suxx ;) in europe;) ---> anyway whot bout betting cluy-chelsea! all my stack on chelea or you say u foocking insane :D ... for the rest apart from these i dont see any 'save bets' cheers!

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st To be honest I think A Madrid are shit value @ around 1.65. Do not underestimate OM, they are a very good attacking team that is capable of creating a lot of chances. The problem is that they haven't been taking them recently, but that will have to change sooner or later. I think this will be a very open game and there is a strong possibility of a few goals, so the overs might be the best bet.

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st Hi, I would like to react on the thread of andrew murray. Who is Ten Kate?I will explaine you.He is the man who reached second place in the Dutch league with Vitesse Arnhem.Also the man beyond Frank Rijkaard in Barcelona.Insiders say he is the genius behind the success of Barcelona.He is also the man who failed to qualify for the CL with Ajax twice against very mediocre opposition.Last thing he leaves almost everywhere with problems and never finish his contracts.Although a much more experienced coach then Katsbaya.However he is doing great things in Cyprus and i like to go with the flow. Forza Famagusta :ok

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st Athletico lost at the weekend and are not playing well at the moment - leave alone game for me. I think Liverpool will run riot tonight for some reason. Torres found his scoring touch at the weekend and with him and people around him playing well another top European Anfield night is in store.

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st

Football (Euro Cups)
EventLiverpool - PSV
SelectionLiverpool to win to nil
Strength10/10
Date01/10/2008
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 2.38 (Back)
ReasoningLiverpool comes into this match with good morale after a convincing win in the local Liverpool derby against Everton. The 2-0 scoreline didn't flatter the Anfield side as they were in complete control of the match and their only problem was to score the opening goal. Torres scored a double and is in deadly form. Possible Starting XI: Reina – Arbeloa, Carragher , Agger, Dossena – Babel, Mascherano, Gerrard, Kuyt – Keane, Torres Psv lost some important players lately, and the new team doesn't perform as expected. Goalkeeper Issakson showed against Atletico Madrid he isn't at the same level with Gomes, lacking experience at this level. Marcellis and Brechet also dissapointed, and given the quality of the Liverpool strikers they should face a hard game. In midfield Simmons and Mendez are old guns but Wuytens is another young and inexperienced player and can't match Liverpool's midfielders. The sell of Farfan is another important blow for the Dutch champions. Possible Starting XI: Isaksson – Kromkamp, Salcido, Marcellis, Brechet – Wuytens, Simons, Mendez – Lazovic, Dzsudzsak, Koevermans There is a big difference in quality between these 2 teams, Liverpool are strong defensively, they pressure their opponents and have players who can score from the slightest chance. I do not think Psv is capable of scoring here and Liverpool should get at least one on the table.

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st I think that Keane will score his first goal in the colours of Liverpool tonight. I just feel that he played well, other than scoring, against Everton and his good performance will give him confidence ahead of the game tonight. I think that all the Liverpool players likely want to see him grab his first goal in the red colours and will help him on his way. I think Berbatov's first goal for Manchester United will add on this to make Keane's goal a twist of fate that both should score their opening goals for their red clubs within a day of each other. I think that Liverpool will win but can't decide over 2-0 or 3-0. I think Liverpool at Anfield have too much class for a weaker PSV side than we are used to seeing.

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st I really want to take Liverpool. But they haven't been on form this season in terms of performances. I don't know much about PSV from this season, but surely they will be no mugs. I reckon this could be a 0-0, 1-1 or even 2-2 result.

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st Personally I think Barca offer a bit of value tonight. Despite the fact that the Ukraine is never an easy place to go to get a result, Barca have more than enough quality within their side to get the job done. Shakhtar are coming off the back of 6 straight games without a win within their donmestic leasgue so confidence will not be high within the team from donetsk. Although they have failed to win on their last two visits to the Ukrainian city I think it will be third time lucky for the catalans tonight and at 4/5 i think they are half decent value for an way win.

I really want to take Liverpool. But they haven't been on form this season in terms of performances. I don't know much about PSV from this season' date=' but surely they will be no mugs. I reckon this could be a 0-0, 1-1 or even 2-2 result.[/quote'] agree!!!i would go for the draw or psv +.5

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st Shakhtar - Barcelona I think this could be an open game. The Ukrainian side at home are a very difficult side to contain and previous Barcleona teams have been unable to chalk up a victory when visiting Shaktar. The second encounter in Ukraine saw Barça go down 2-0 in the 2004-05 group stage, a result that saw the hosts claim third place and a UEFA Cup spot, while Barça finished second to AC Milan. (www.goal.com). Both sides started this season's Champions League campaign with encouraging wins as Barça defeated Sporting Clube at Camp Nou, while Shakhtar won on their travels, beating Basel 2-1 in Switzerland. Victory for either team would see them take a huge step towards ensuring their presence in the next phase, while a draw would see them both remain in the top two positions for at least another three weeks (www.goal.com) RECENT FORM Shakhtar Donetsk 27/09 H 1-1 Metalurh Donetsk 21/09 A 0-0 Arsenal 16/09 A 2-1 Basel 31/08 H 2-2 Metalurh Zaporizhya 23/08 A 0-1 Vorskla 17/08 H 2-2 Metalist Kharkiv Barcelona 27/09 A 2-1 Espanyol 24/09 H 3-2 Real Betis 21/09 A 6-1 Sporting de Gijón 16/09 H 3-1 Sporting Clube 13/09 H 1-1 Racing Santander 09/09 A 1-3 Sant Andreu I cant get any team news about shaktar. Anyone knows if any key players are out to this game? Barcelona have this squad to Shaktar: Squad: Valdés, Pinto, Cáceres, Alves, Puyol, Piqué, Márquez, Abidal, Sergio Busquets, Touré, Keita, Xavi, Gudjohnsen, Iniesta, Pedro, Bojan, Messi, Henry and Eto’o. If Shaktar have their best players fit, can they hold barca to a draw. If Barcelona can control the game and get the best out of their players, i think they can win.

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st Anorthosis - Panathinaikos: Draw @ 3.40 (Skybet) 10/10 Anorthosis, I think, are over-achieving at the moment. Getting a draw with Werder was a very good result for them. However, the team lacks any serious quality and their stamina deteriorates after the 60th minute where they become vulnerable to getting scored on. Panathinaikos cannot afford a defeat after their defeat to Inter in the first match. Furthermore, given that Panathinaikos is weak in defense, I think they will not risk too much and hope that they can score off a dead ball or on a counter. With the draw, Panathinaikos and Anorthosis are still in the running for second place in the group and the result looks likely. Atletico Madrid - Marseille: Marseille Win @ 6.1 (Bet 1128) 5/10 This bet is based simply on the fact that the odds for Marseille's win are IMO outrageous. Yes, Atletico has played good football and are at home, but Marseille has played well this year and is better than last year's team that went to Anfield and defeated Liverpool. The difference in quality between the teams is negligible and certainly doesn't justify the odds offered for Marseille's win. Bordeaux - Roma: Bordeaux Win @ 2.87 (Bet direct) 10/10 Bordeaux has stumbled recently in the French League, but have played well overall and especially at home. Roma has begun the season in struggling fashion. Some of their injuries have gotten the best of them and their results have not been good. Both teams lost in the first CL game and the pressure is on. In the end, I think the home advantage should give the game to Bordeaux and the odds are quite good. Shakhtar - Barcelona: Barcelona Win @ 1.83 (Coral) 10/10 I think had it not been for some mis-steps from Barcelona early in the season that the odds for their win would be lower. Shakhtar have not been impressive in their own league with a poor home record. I think Barcelona has too many players that can win the game on their own and I will take them at acceptable odds to do so. Sporting Lisbon - Basel: Draw @ 4.10 (Bet Chronicle) 10/10 Basically, I think Sporting's odds, are too short. In their league, their early performance has been somewhat lackluster so beyond the home advantage there isn't much to justify them being so strongly favoured. Basel is nothing special, but could play the game tight and come away with a draw. Chelsea (1.46 Bet Chronicle), Liverpool (1.40 Betfred) and Inter (1.57 Ladbrokes) should all win given their better class of players and/or their home field advantage. I'll be betting on them in 3 match combo at 3.2 odds with 10/10 stakes. Good Luck in all your bets :hope

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st Chelsea -1.5 Chelsea showed their intentions are very clear for the CL as they thumped Bordeaux in the first game while Cluj were surprise winners over Roma who were missing several players and obviously underestimated the Romanians. However, Chelsea won't make the same mistake as a midfield with Lampard, Ballack and co will make the chances for Kalou and Anelka. With Terry marshalling a rock solid defence, the Londoners will be too good for Cluj. Liverpool -1.5 Liverpool are starting to hit some form and were overjoyed to come away from Marseille with a very good win. You would expect them to carry this form into this game as PSV are not travelling too well after getting thumped at home by Athletix Madrid, one wonders how they will stop Gerrard and Torres and co at Anfield. Defensively they are very solid and should keep PSV goal less while they will create plenty of chances for Torres and Keane to score.

Torres to score anytime @ 11/10' date=' big price with the chances he has had recently and the added confidence of scoring a brace at the weekend.[/quote'] Can't agree with that, if you took 2.10 about Torres in every match this season to score anytime, I think you are highly likely to lose quite a bit. It has to be a much better price and goalscorer bets are notorious for truly awful overround. Even if scored a hattrick tonight, I'd be happy knowing I made the right choice. Just my opinion, but I'd leave it well alone.

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st I think Liverpool and Inter Milan are awful prices, and are very layable. PSV will be no pushovers and Liverpool have definitely struggled at points this season, so 1.36 is just ridiculous. Inter face Werder, who are scoring goals for fun, 10 in 2 games and that includes a 5-2 win away at Bayern Munich. I think you have to be a fool to take 1.56 on Inter.

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st I believe everyone here is gambling, what worries me is having my money easily on - Chelsea. How many of us have seen a full game by Cluj, I haven't and I am not feeling well with odds below 1,50 away to a team that won in Rome...Seen almost everything from Chelsea, but along with great displays saw Ramos giving a small tactics lesson to Scollari at Stamford Bridge. None of the teams will rush big time tonight, a point is ideal for Cluj and not bad for Chelsea. On 1X2 at these odds for AW in CL - thank you, NO BET... - Inter, who never do well here, much to my joy. Jose M will surely change this, but with the same primadonnas as the previous 2 years???? Noticed a weird thing with Inter in a couple of games - almost every defender goes forward often - IT IS 21 centure and the modern game demands it, but with Werder would be suicidal. NO BET - L'pool - fingers crossed, but I do not have the nerves for another Stoke City game, it might as well be a thrashing as posted above and I do hope so for some friends,but at 1,30 vs PSV who seem to be always in CL, after both games vs Standart Liege??? NO BET. Looking at Overs in every other game except Sporting,willpick up 2 and post later Good luck

I think Liverpool and Inter Milan are awful prices, and are very layable. PSV will be no pushovers and Liverpool have definitely struggled at points this season, so 1.36 is just ridiculous. Inter face Werder, who are scoring goals for fun, 10 in 2 games and that includes a 5-2 win away at Bayern Munich. I think you have to be a fool to take 1.56 on Inter.
I couldn't agree more. No value in either of them for me. Liverpool were lucky to get past Standard Liege and although they beat Everton 2-0 at the weekend, you just look at their performance against Stoke when they were 1/5 or such. Looking at them overall this season, they don't deserve to be 1/3.

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st Panathinaikos to win 11/8 (2.38) paddy power. Panathinaikos know that in order to progress 6 points against Anorthasis is vital. I believe they have an advantage over Inter and Bremen in the fact that they know the players of Cyprus very well and need to take advantage of this by picking up 2 wins. In regards to the 3-0 humbling of olympiakos in the qualifiers... Oly completely underestimated them, a mistake pao will not make! Large stake- pao win No time for reasoning right now but also fancy sporting Lisbon, Inter and Liverpool. Good luck with all your picks

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st My picks for Wednesday: Sporting-Basel Sporting is not in the best of forms lately (WLWLWL in their last 6 overall) but they're usually very strong at home (it's away from home that they struggle) where they're 8-1-1 in their last 10 overall. Basel shouldn't be here in the 1st place (Guimarães should) and that could even be affecting their players somehow (guilt in the back of their minds...) and they're clearly 1 step bellow Sporting in terms of class and overall quality. Anyway, regardless of any stats I feel that the key to this game is called Vukcevic. He's a great attacking midfielder/winger who's been on a feud with coach Paulo Bento since the start of the season and he hasn't played because of that. Things seem to be getting back to normal and he's expected to play from the start tonight for the 1st time this season. These teams met last season with Sporting winning the home game 2-0 with Vukcevic scoring both goals... My pick: Sporting -1AH (1.94); At. Madrid-Marseille Atletico has some injuries but they also see some players returning to the team. They're 8-0-2 in their last 10 home games and this is their 1st ever home game in the Champions League. In the previous format (Champions Club Cup) their home record is 16-3-3 out of 22 home games. Marseille is no impressing me at all and have scored only once in their last 3 games overall. With more or less difficulty, I expect a Atletico win here. My pick: Atletico (1.71); Bordeaux-Roma Bordeaux looked real bad in their 1st game against Chelsea. Adding to that, in their previous CL campaign they failed to score any goal in all their games... Roma still has some important players missing tonight in Totti and Júlio Batista but they have plenty of quality and experience (it's their 6th CL campaign in the last 8 years) in the squad (Vucinic, Perrota, Riise...) and I expect them to show some pride and bounce back from their upset loss to Cluj in their 1st game. These teams met back in 1990/91 with Roma winning 2-0 in the away game. I see a Roma win tonigh as well. My pick: Roma PK (1.81); Good luck! JC

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventAnorthosis vs Panathanaikos
SelectionAnorthosis
Strength10/10
Date01/10/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.55 (Back)
ReasoningFamagusta have to be the bet at home to Panathanaikos. 9/4 is very generous. They are somwhat of an unknown but they held Werder Bremen to a goalless draw away from home in their first group stage fixture and are comfortably sailing along in the Cypriot league. They dispatched of Olympiakos 3-0 in the qualifying rounds and considering Panathanikos hail from the Greek leagues, they will know this is no pushover. Famagusta look very strong at home whereas Panathanaikos' away from is questionable to say the least. I rate the home side as favourite here and the odds on offer are way too generous to miss.

Football (Euro Cups)
EventCFR Cluj - Chelsea
SelectionChelsea(-1.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date01/10/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.16 (Back)
ReasoningCFR Cluj made a big surprise in their debut defeating AS Roma, 2-1 at Rome. Even though nobody expected such a scoreline the fortune was favorable for the Romanian side as AS Roma didn't treat their less illustrious opponents with the deserved respect and they missed some important players, especially the improvised defence was many times beaten by CFR's fast forwards. Recovering from a 0-1 score shows character for the Transylvania based team, and the win was fully deserved. For this match they do not have important absences, and coach Trombetta said he would align the same team which made the surprise in Rome. The weakest link for CFR under Trombetta is the goalkeeper. Although CFR has a respectable defensive line with 2 in-form defensive midfielders, the good passing game from Chelsea will no doubt create shots on goal, and Stancioiu is mediocre at most. He's skill baggage doesn't include good reflexes, but has good handling. He also has problems coming for crosses, and was fortunate in Rome that his defence performed well and didn't allowed AS Roma many shots on goal, as we would have seen a totally different scoreline. Still I believe that Chelsea by insisting on the flanks will provide good chances for the lone striker either if he will be Anelka or Drogba. The game played by CFR is based on 2 fast wingers which attack through the middle and a powerfull striker up-front, all three backed by an offensive midfielder, and the full backs are usually the ones who come up-front ans supply with crosses. Chelsea is definetly favorites to win, they insist they will not underestimate CFR, and despite the promising start in the campaign, Chelsea is different story than the Rome side. I'm taking a risk with the handicap but Chelsea to win is 9.5/10 bet.

I think Liverpool and Inter Milan are awful prices, and are very layable. PSV will be no pushovers and Liverpool have definitely struggled at points this season, so 1.36 is just ridiculous. Inter face Werder, who are scoring goals for fun, 10 in 2 games and that includes a 5-2 win away at Bayern Munich. I think you have to be a fool to take 1.56 on Inter.
Agree with your thoughts on the Inter game, Werder IMO are more than capable of giving Inter a right go, even in the San Siro. However, I think Liverpool will win tonight, I'm not going to back them though as I think for once Im going to have a Champions League night 'bet free' and just enjoy the football instead of worrying about various results. Liverpool at Anfeild can beat anyone, sure they might not be performing to their highest level yet this season but I was also not impressed by PSV against Athlitco Mardid on Match Day 1. Liverpool win for me tonight.

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st One for me tonight. 5pts Liverpool -1.5AH vs PSV 2.06 Paddy Power This looks a decent price on a comfortable Liverpool win. Much has been made of their shortcomings in the main this season but recently they've clicked into gear. I'm not too fussed about that 0-0 with Stoke because they were 100% dominant in that game but the Stoke back 4 and GK just had one of those afternoon's you get every so often. Rather than focusing on Liverpool's bad points I really think we should be concentrating on PSV. This is a completely different side to the one which Guus Hiddink led to the semi finals of this competition and even a different side to the one Liverpool played 4 times 2 years ago and let's not forget the Dutch side never scored a goal in those matches. Atletico Madrid went to Eindhoven 2 weeks ago and completed outplayed the Dutch side and at Anfield where Liverpool are usually on the ball in these European nights you'd have to think the same will happen here. Torres got going again on Saturday and it's only a matter of time before Gerrard and Keane follow suit. I can't see the Dutch side offering too much tonight and really do think Liverpool will win this by 2-3 so I'm happy to take them on the -1.5.

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st A strange nite in the champions league tonite. A lot of matches that I wouldnt touch. A couple of matches that do appeal are: Liverpool V PSV Cluj V Chelsea Anorthisis V Panathinaikos Liverpool will beat PSV. Liverpool as stated previously are coming into form. A chance to get 6points on the board before the double header with Atletico Madrid should be enough of an incentive to ensure a good nite at Anfield. Hopefully, Rafa will play with Babel on the left and give Keane a chance to get his first goal upfront in the centre. PSV have never really offered much in the past games against Liverpool. They have sold a number of their better players over the summer and have a new manager. Liverpool at 1.35 dont exactly offer value but I cannot see anything other than a Liverpool win tonite. The second match is Cluj V Chelsea. I for one do not rate Cluj. For that matter I dont rate Roma at all. Roma are a poor Italian side. They were unlucky against Cluj however in the first match as the visitors scored from the few chances they created. Roma had all the possession and just wasted chance after chance for the duration of the match. Chelsea will not fall into the same trap as Roma and underestimate the challenge that Cluj will give them. The fans will be vocal and atmosphere intimadating but Chelsea are full of professional players. Cech, Terry, Bosingwa, Lampard, Ballack, Malouda, Anelka/Drogba they will silence the crowd. I'd expect Chelsea/Chelsea HT/FT in this one. Chelsea have drifted to 4/7 on Betfair and this is taken imo. The final match is interesting for reasons other than football. This is the match that will have the best atmosphere of all the games this week. Cypriots V Greeks. They bloody hate one another. Anorthorsis are a decent team. I know that Werder Bremen had 24 shots in the first game, that ended 0-0 but Anorthosis went about their business and got what they came for, a point. Panathinaikos are not as good a team as Olymipiakos in my opinion, and they lost 3-0 at the same ground tonite. I believe that the odds on the home win at 3.40 on Betfair are very appealing. To be safe I am going to lay Panathinaikos at 2.50 on betfair. I would expect Anorthosis to score first however, and will have a nibble on this also at 2.44 on Betfair. So, Liverpool Win at 1.35 Chelsea win at 1.57 Chelsea/Chelsea HT/FT at 2.40 Lay Panathinaikos at 2.50 Anorthosis to score first 2.44

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2: Wednesday October 1st There will definetly be a great atmosphere between Anorthosis and PAO but you are wrong in saying that Cypriots and Greeks hate each other! It's the Cypriots and Greeks who both hate the Turks, not each other!!