Kempton - 13/09

RussP

8.20 Kempton Class 5 handicap over a mile tonight, with 13 runners set to do battle. Fav is Brontes Hope from Marcus Tregoning' stable but surely opposable at 3/1 after 593 days off the track. Not sure that there are many running that well at present and not many well handicapped but the one I am interested in is: Gazboolou (10/1 SportingBet) - Good draw in 13, just one off the rail and its prominent racing style means it should get a good early position. Has been running well recently and creeping down the weights but doesn't have a great win record. However, I think this is a poor field tonight. Has not been drawn very well in the last few runs and hasn't always had the run of the race. Goes well at the track, gets on well with the jockey and is best in this grade. I would rate this as around a 6/1 shot so I have to play EW at 10's. Think Dawsons Creek could be the danger but it's hold up style and one failure at Kempton is enough to put me off.

Kempton~13/9/08 In the 8.20 two small e/w bets on both badly drawn horses but are big prices SHADOWTIME 25's (40 on bf) who travels a fair way for this and is Dean McKeown only mount tonight and ST PETERSBERG who ran a lot better lto and although is on a long losing run is given a chance tonight at around 20's.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.