** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August

Tuesday 12 August 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Fiorentina v Slavia Praha (19:45BST) 1.424.8011.5099.95 %
Hide « Fiorentina v Slavia Praha
Wednesday 13 August 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Spartak Moscow v Dynamo Kyiv (17:00BST) 1.883.654.90101.00 %
Hide « Spartak Moscow v Dynamo Kyiv
Levski Sofia v BATE Borisov (18:00BST) 1.643.957.00100.58 %
Hide « Levski Sofia v BATE Borisov
Shakhtar v Dinamo Zagreb (18:00BST) 1.663.956.40100.94 %
Hide « Shakhtar v Dinamo Zagreb
Anorthosis v Olympiakos (19:00BST) 4.503.452.03100.47 %
Hide « Anorthosis v Olympiakos
AaB v Kaunas (19:05BST) 1.584.206.60102.25 %
Hide « AaB v Kaunas
Galatasaray v Steaua (19:15BST) 1.743.656.20101.00 %
Hide « Galatasaray v Steaua
Brann v Marseille (19:45BST) 4.703.551.94100.99 %
Hide « Brann v Marseille
Juventus v Petržalka (19:45BST) 1.159.4029.00101.04 %
Hide « Juventus v Petržalka
Schalke 04 v Atlético (19:45BST) 2.323.353.60100.73 %
Hide « Schalke 04 v Atlético
Sparta Praha v Panathinaikos (19:45BST) 2.663.252.96102.15 %
Hide « Sparta Praha v Panathinaikos
Twente v Arsenal (19:45BST) 7.604.301.57100.05 %
Hide « Twente v Arsenal
Partizan Belgrade v Fenerbahçe (20:00BST) 3.753.502.2599.68 %
Hide « Partizan Belgrade v Fenerbahçe
Standard Liège v Liverpool (20:05BST) 8.604.301.53100.10 %
Hide « Standard Liège v Liverpool
Vit. Guimarães v Basel (20:30BST) 2.103.404.33100.11 %
Hide « Vit. Guimarães v Basel
Barcelona v Wisla Kraków (21:00BST) 1.1212.0038.0099.85 %
Hide « Barcelona v Wisla Kraków

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August Two bets for me: Fenerbahce is much stronger than Partizan Belgrade and the Serbs have problems with missing players in midfield. Partizan fans will create an impressive atmosphere at the stadium but Fenerbahce has enough experience in away matched for CL. The best Partizan can hope for is a draw so I am taking the away win and placing a small bet to get my money back in case of draw. Fenerbahce DNB - confidence 8/10. Similar difference in class between Brann and Marseille. Brann is not impressive lately and Marseille started with a great 4:4 away draw in French League. Can't see Marseille losing this one, only rain can help Brann get a draw. Marseille DNB - confidence 7/10. Levski Sofia should take care of BATE Borisov but I would like to get a bit higher odds, not much value it the current ones. I also feel there's value in Anorthosis (great home team, opponents Olympiakos not known for away strength) and perhaps Kaunas. Good luck!

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August From freebetting Fiorentina vs Slavia, 12.08.2008 at 20:45 Czech champion will try to repeat the last year’s success and qualify for the Champions league group stage… Slavia eliminated Ajax last season and it seems that they will have to try harder in the third round on the start of the new season. The rivals are reinforced Fiorentina who after having won Serie A fourth place last season wish to return to European elite. Ten years ago Viola played in the Champions League and then after some historical victories over Arsenal and Manchester United they managed even to qualify for the best 16. The club have gone through a lot of things since, fell all the way to the bottom and were forced to make a new start from the fourth league under a new name. Since the mighty Della Valle family took the club over, they started to rise. Last season Fiorentina led an exhausting race for the championship title but also for UEFA Cup. They took hold of the fourth place ahead of Milan and now they have the chance to get to the Champions League. The start of the season in Italy is still far away This is traditionally a problem for the clubs from the Apennines. Serie A starts on the last day of August, Fiorentina started the preparations early in order to be ready for the third qualifying round. The transfer window saw most commotion about Adrian Mutu; it seemed that the world's best player will leave the club, even sports director Pantelo Corvino agreed. Roma’s offer was more than tempting, but the club owners stopped the transfer. Della Valle family didn't want to give up Romanian national squad captain who definitely takes most credit for excellent results last season. Excellent keeper Frey is also still in the team who caught the eye of Milan and the squad was reinforced by signing Gilardino, Vargas, Melo, Almiron, Jovetic… We can freely say that Fiorentina have made the best transfer window campaign of all Italian clubs and that is the basis for their high ambitions this season. Slavia are young and talented team Financial problems the club were facing over the last few years made them pay special attention to younger players. Czech club have several young internationals in the club who have already gained a lot of experience in spite of some misfortunate outcomes in the Champions league last year. You probably remember Slavia's shipwreck against Arsenal but it wouldn't be fair to judge this squad based only on that match. This team certainly don't belong to European elite but anyway, they are a tough squad, a group of talented players reinforced with few interesting foreigners... All eyes of Italian public are on talented Gianluca Litteri who came from Inter youth squad. Slavia didn’t make many changes in the team, they didn’t have enough money for major changes because they invested in building Eden stadium which was opened in May this year. Czech championship started two weeks ago and a win over Pribram saw Slavia take first points after losing in Liberec. This match was played earlier so the team could prepare for this one. Betting Verdict We believe that Fiorentina won’t have major problems winning this match. They are excellent at Franchi against weaker teams, although it is a holiday season in Italy, the stadium will be full… Everyone in the club was pretty enthusiastic about the fourth place and about the excellent transfer campaign. Slavia will defend, try to mark the best possible result, but it is, nevertheless, hard to believe that they can surprise Fiorentina and stop home side attacks. The difference in the quality is obvious; we expect an easy job for the Italians… Theirs tip is Bet 7 on Home win, but my pick is over 2.5 goals

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August GALATASARAY Aykut Sabri Emre Aşık Servet H.Balta H.Şaş Barış M.Topal Arda Lincoln Nonda STEAUA BÜKREŞ Zapata Golanski Goian Ghionea P. Marin Nicolita Radoi Petre D.Moreno Arthuro Stancu SAAT: 21.15 STAT: Ali Sami Yen HAKEM: Laurent Duhamel gala prepared very impressive here, and gala played all preparation match with young and unexperienced players.. today lincoln will play.. ümit karan,linderoth and kewell is not ready.. but it is not important cause stau 1 level under.. we have arda turan who is the star of european cup.. aykut will be our goalkeeper for tomorrow cause de sanctis is not ready.. servet,meira,hakan balta and sabri will play for defence and i can say that it is so solid.. arda,lincoln, barış,nonda are enough to score.. gala straight wins; 1,61

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventTwente v Arsenal
SelectionArsenal
Strength10/10
Date13/08/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 1.57 (Back)
ReasoningArsenal travel to Holland to take on McClaren's Fc Twente. Arsenal are the big favourites to progress into the group phase and will want to get the job done away from home so they can relax on the return leg. I see no reason why they can't get the victory tonight. They have the better squad and have performed well in there pre season campaign winning the Amsterdam Tournament.
Close Window

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August While Arsenal have the better squad, will that count for much when so many of them are out? Fabregas, Toure, Nasri, Da Silva, Rosicky, Senderos and Diaby are all out. Goodness knows what kind of midfield they will be putting out, it could be Denilson and Ramsey. Based on this I just can't see how 1/2 on an way team can be value - Twente are 4/1 Draw No Bet, and all things considered that may well be worth a flutter - does anyone have any injury news about Twente?

Two bets for me: Fenerbahce is much stronger than Partizan Belgrade and the Serbs have problems with missing players in midfield. Partizan fans will create an impressive atmosphere at the stadium but Fenerbahce has enough experience in away matched for CL. The best Partizan can hope for is a draw so I am taking the away win and placing a small bet to get my money back in case of draw. Fenerbahce DNB - confidence 8/10. Similar difference in class between Brann and Marseille. Brann is not impressive lately and Marseille started with a great 4:4 away draw in French League. Can't see Marseille losing this one, only rain can help Brann get a draw. Marseille DNB - confidence 7/10. Levski Sofia should take care of BATE Borisov but I would like to get a bit higher odds, not much value it the current ones. I also feel there's value in Anorthosis (great home team, opponents Olympiakos not known for away strength) and perhaps Kaunas. Good luck!
My thoughts as well, backing Levski at such odds is useless. Their Manager officially admitted that Sofia is not favourite to go through, I do agree, as BATE are ever so dangerous on counters. Levski will play carefully, with clean sheet in mind, 2-0 would see them in the groups. Bulgarians do have a strong midfield, no fast wingers though, so the center is where all the presure on BATE will come from. Would that be enough - no idea, but at these odds - no bet to me.

gala-stau bükreş gala prepared very impressive here, and gala played all preparation match with young and unexperienced players.. today lincoln will play.. ümit karan,linderoth and kewell is not ready.. but it is not important cause stau 1 level under.. we have arda turan who is the star of european cup.. aykut will be our goalkeeper for tomorrow cause de sanctis is not ready.. servet,meira,hakan balta and sabri will play for defence and i can say that it is so solid.. arda,lincoln, barış,nonda are enough to score.. gala straight wins; 1,61
Galatasaray is not good enough for saying straight win. we have see that in friendly games. Be careful mate...

Galatasaray is not good enough for saying straight win. we have see that in friendly games. Be careful mate...
did you watch last friendly game bursa.. if you had, you could see that gala will play very impressive today.. gala played all frienly games with young and unexperinced players..gala played with full squad to bursa only lincoln couldnt play.. and today , lincoln will play.. gala had lots of chances.. and i liked my team.. today, as my opinion stau has no chance.. and anytime , i dont bet with my feelings..

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August PARTİZAN M.Bozoviç Stefanoviç Djordjeviç Sikimiç Obradoviç Petroviç Knezeviç Laziç Paunoviç Bogunoviç Diarra FENERBAHÇE Volkan Gökhan Edu Lugano R.Carlos Kazım Selçuk Alex Semih Uğur Güiza SAAT: 22.00 STAT: Partizana HAKEM: Craig Thomson (İskoçya) YAYIN: Futbol Smart mates, really i hate fenerbahçe but fener has very strong squad.. partizan is squad 2 level under than fener..this squad played quarter final in champions league last season.. and fener added this squad guiza who scored most goal in spain.. i dont know partizan squad but fener will win this match.. fener wins; 2.1

While Arsenal have the better squad, will that count for much when so many of them are out? Fabregas, Toure, Nasri, Da Silva, Rosicky, Senderos and Diaby are all out. Goodness knows what kind of midfield they will be putting out, it could be Denilson and Ramsey. Based on this I just can't see how 1/2 on an way team can be value - Twente are 4/1 Draw No Bet, and all things considered that may well be worth a flutter - does anyone have any injury news about Twente?
Valid point. The dutch league though isnt great, Arsenal minus these players should still have the team more than capable of picking up the win imo. Just to be picky, Its not 1/2, Its 4/7. Surely it depends on what you see as value? If you honestly think its a crap price and can see an upset, Why not lay them with a view to trade? :ok Cheers.

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August Partizan – Fenerbahce

Pick: 2T2+ (Fener to score 2+ goals)

Odds: 2.20

Stake: 10/10

I am from Serbia and I am partizan fan but I can not miss this. This i a huge value. Partizan i not strong as Fener. I watch Partizan in friendly games and they were very bed in defence. Against Botafogo they recieve 2 goals. Against Lyon they recieve 3 goals and Lyon’s best player was Sikimic, he score 2 autogoals,owngoals (I am not sure how to say that). In the second round they past Inter (it was 2-0 at home and 1-1 at Inter). And it is not all. Today Partizan iz without 4 players. Fejsa and Tosic are in China and Juca is out becouse of injury. Moreira will not play (yellow cards). Juca and Moreira are maybe their best players.

Fener is much better. It is excellent team which play in quorter finals of Champions League last year. And they are stronger than last year. They bought Guiza and Emre and Aragones is here too. They did not lost any of their best player. Alex, Semih, Carlos, Lugano, Edu.... are here. In the second round they play against MTK and score 7 goals (2 at home and 5 as away team.

And just to say something about the odds. In Serbia odds on Fener to win are about 1.85.

Sorry for my bed English.

GL

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August Galatasaray - Steaua Bucuresti Turkey champions Galatasaray kept their spendings to a minimum this summer, but still managed to bring some very known players like Kewell and Meira on a free transfer and Sevilla goalkeeper loaned for one year. Their main goal is of course Champions League Group Stage and the money this competition brings. For this taks they changed the coach with which they won the Turkish Superliga and brought Leverkusen's former boss Skibbe, who left Galatasaray out of Europe last season to guide them to succes. But if his team doesn't pass Steaua, his days in Turkey will be over. Steaua invested more in transfers this summer, but unlike Galatasaray they can't offer good wages and had to settle once again with promising South American players and Spain Second Division players. The only signing from the Romanian League was Szekely, a talented right midfielder, who already eraned a first team place. Arthuro came from Cordoba, Thiago from Estrela Amadora and Toja from Dallas, America. The best news for this team is that their defense is the same as last year. They have very experienced players Goian, Ghionea, Radoi who often play in the National Teams, and already have 2 Champions League years in their career with Steaua. Galatasaray can not count on this match on 2 left midfielders Hasan Sas and Harry Kewell. Striker Umit Karan is also injured, but Nonda was the first choice anyway. Morgan de Sanctis will not start, and I think it is a wise decision, as he didn't play muhc at Sevilla last season. Lincoln however is ready to play. Steaua can not count on its right midfielder Szekely, and Nicolita will move from the left to the right while new signing Toja, who will make his debut here, will have the opportunity to prove his worth on the left of the midfield. Another missing is tht of defensive midfielder Ovidiu Petre, replaced by Radoi who will give a plus to the defence, but make the midfield more inexistent in the play. The other defensive midfielder Lovin is also the type of player more concerned with destruction than creating chances for his team. Skibbe recently declared he knows Steaua's weakness is its center of midfield, and he's perfectly right. If he keeps his team applying constant pressure, and having possesion Steaua will be reduced to defending. The Ali Sami Yen stadium, is a hell, this game has a lot at stake, and even though Steaua's defence is formidable, the left flank and the goalkeeper may be the weakest part of the team. Zapata made 2 mistakes in 3 matches, even though the defence made sure he doesn't have much to do, so I don't see him in the best of form. In conclusion I don't see Steaua scoring, and I see Galatasaray sneaking a win here. :cheers

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August Liking the look of an Arsenal,Liverpool/ Shakhtar treble at 3.7. Arsenal should have too much for Steve McLaren's FC Twente here, re djslutmonkey where did you get your team news? RacingPost says Fabregas is fit with Nasri only a slight doubt. The English sides will no doubt want to tie up this tie in the first leg and Liverpool should have too much firepower for Belgian champions Standard Liege, Anderlecht the runners up in that league were knocked out by lowly Belarussian side BATE Borisov in the last round. Shakhtar on home soil look a solid bet at 4/6 to take a lead over Croatians Dinao Zagreb. They have a very talented squad with a mixture of talented Brazilians(Jadson,Brandao,Ilsinho) along with the best players in Ukraine and are captained by Croatian Darijo Srna. They have also just completed the signing of talented young Bolivian striker Marcelo Moreno and having had the experience of qualifying for the Champions League in three of the last four season they should have enough to take a lead to Zagreb against a side who will be handicapped by the loss of star man Luka Modric over the summer. Fenerbahce also look tempting at odds against, they have assembled a very strong squad and Aragones should be able to get the best out of new signing David Guiza, top scorer in La Liga last season. Last years quarter finalists should progress but a bit weary of the draw tonight in a 2 legged affair so will mull this one over.

Liking the look of an Arsenal' date=Liverpool/ Shakhtar treble at 3.7. Arsenal should have too much for Steve McLaren's FC Twente here, re djslutmonkey where did you get your team news? RacingPost says Fabregas is fit with Nasri only a slight doubt. The English sides will no doubt want to tie up this tie in the first leg and Liverpool should have too much firepower for Belgian champions Standard Liege, Anderlecht the runners up in that league were knocked out by lowly Belarussian side BATE Borisov in the last round. Shakhtar on home soil look a solid bet at 4/6 to take a lead over Croatians Dinao Zagreb. They have a very talented squad with a mixture of talented Brazilians(Jadson,Brandao,Ilsinho) along with the best players in Ukraine and are captained by Croatian Darijo Srna. They have also just completed the signing of talented young Bolivian striker Marcelo Moreno and having had the experience of qualifying for the Champions League in three of the last four season they should have enough to take a lead to Zagreb against a side who will be handicapped by the loss of star man Luka Modric over the summer. Fenerbahce also look tempting at odds against, they have assembled a very strong squad and Aragones should be able to get the best out of new signing David Guiza, top scorer in La Liga last season. Last years quarter finalists should progress but a bit weary of the draw tonight in a 2 legged affair so will mull this one over.
Fabregas hamstring until Sept. Likely midfield will be Eboue, Ramsey, Denilson, Walcott

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August UEFA Champions League Soccer - Levski Sofia/BATE Borisov - total Over 2½ (+113) for the regulation time held on Aug 13 at 12:00pm [pending] Soccer - Brann Bergen/Marseille - total Over 2½ (-103) for the regulation time held on Aug 13 at 1:45pm [pending] The first is the best-priced overs; the second is following what I discovered last year: French teams away in European competition play balls out, nothing like they do in league play.

Fabregas hamstring until Sept. Likely midfield will be Eboue, Ramsey, Denilson, Walcott
Thanks mate, puts me off slightly as Fabregas is Arsenal's main man. Whats your thoughts? I still fancy Arsenal to get the job done but of the two English teams I'm more confident in Liverpool.

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August hey guys. barca match: i know messi is in China, but im still fancying barca-2.5. I can easily see barca up 2:0 at HT and will add to it in 2nd half. i just want to make sure Eto is in the starting XI, i hear that he may be kept out so his selling price doesnt diminish to other cl clubs. anyone else have thoughts? standard-pool: anyone know if Jovanovic, standards best striker will start? he is supposed to be on the verge of a move to PSV but wouldnt be able to play in the cl with psv if he played today. thanks

UEFA Champions League Soccer - Levski Sofia/BATE Borisov - total Over 2½ (+113) for the regulation time held on Aug 13 at 12:00pm [pending] Soccer - Brann Bergen/Marseille - total Over 2½ (-103) for the regulation time held on Aug 13 at 1:45pm [pending] The first is the best-priced overs; the second is following what I discovered last year: French teams away in European competition play balls out, nothing like they do in league play.
HI, ATT, No wonder Levski is the highest paid Over, I saw them vs Werder at home, it was supposed to be a friendly, but it was a battlefield. I am afraid this is the way Levski play atm, very physical and very tight in the middle. Forwards are missing clear chances, defence is weird, first choice GK is out, which is a blow. If that Over comes out, it will be more from BATE - Levski would be happy with 1-0, 2-0. As of Marseille at Bergen, I will follow. Good luck

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August Each of those three sides are considerably stronger in my mind than their rivals. I think that no game will be easy but those three ought to be good to triumph and the odds as a treble are 4/1, I think, so very respectable.

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August sell arsenal handicap -2 goals @ igsport spread 5-8 arsenal injuries and have not really look like blazing trails in pre season and there is just a feeling about this game. liverpool 1/2 @ coral absolute blinding bet

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August i have a treble of shakhtar,l'pool and juve at 2.8 odds .. i dont think that Dinamo is the same team of last year cos 2 of the best player left the club Modric and Vukojevic and even that Shakhtar didnt start the season well i think that they're a much better and i expect them to win this the 1st leg .. Rafa said the Gerrard have a good chance to be fit for this game and i think that L'pool with Torres-Keane duo will have to much for Standard and i dont if they're star midfielder Fellaini who's in the Olympics the Belgian team will play tonight so i think that L'pool will put in bed this match in the 1st leg .. as for Juve with their phenomenal attack of Del Piero,Trezeguet,Amauri,Iuaquinta i expect to make a very comfortable victory so home win and over 2.5 so this is my treble for today .. GL to all

hey guys. barca match: i know messi is in China, but im still fancying barca-2.5. I can easily see barca up 2:0 at HT and will add to it in 2nd half. i just want to make sure Eto is in the starting XI, i hear that he may be kept out so his selling price doesnt diminish to other cl clubs. anyone else have thoughts?
About Wisla's defenders: http://wisla.krakow.pl/art.php?id=&news_id=4327 Two first team defenders Cleber and Piotr Brozek had some injuries after last league match against Polonia Bytom. Cleber is healthful now and will play, but Brozek still have some trouble and he's exerciseing individually. Third defender Glowacki won't play on 100%. Glowacki, like said Skorza: "He's our capitain and a central point of the team".

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August FC Twente surely have to be backed even if it is just small stakes, Arsenal have a lot of injury problems, and I think that Ramsey is in the starting XI. FC Twente beat Ajax at the end of last season to get into the Champions League, so they can't be a bad team. My bet £3 Twente DNB

Re: Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg, Tue/Wed 12th/13th August lol But the funny thing is that for all Maclown's faults, he generally did quite well in home games against the big 4. In fact, I just checked his last 2 seasons there - he took 15 points from 24 in Boro's home games against the Big 4. I'm actually surprised and impressed by that.