** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Livin' on the Edge - Place Edition

Hodgey

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Livin' on the Edge - Place Edition

Hello Hodgey, I thought i would share my thoughts with you on this as i dont want to see a fellow punter lose all his money. 1.) In my opinion this will not work long term at all, the odds are against you purely based on the selections that you are taking.Mathmatically you stand to hit more winner's than you will losers. 2.) The odds you are taking you could get most of these (or slightly higher) in play, but by using the WIN market instead. Your odds of a winner would then be greatly reduced and you would still make the similar amounts as you are making now. These are just my own personal thought's mate. :ok
Thanks for your thoughts mate. Re 1)
Mathmatically you stand to hit more winner's than you will losers.
please could you expand on that? I'd be interested to know your reasoning behind it. Re 2) There's no way that the in-play win price goes as short as the pre-race place price in all those races. I started off laying to win originally and it was a bit of a nightmare. But looking back over the last 5 months it would show a profit of roughly the same as laying them all to place to fixed profits too. So both seem profitable in the long term (I know 5 months isn't that long, but you get the idea).

I started off laying to win originally and it was a bit of a nightmare. But looking back over the last 5 months it would show a profit of roughly the same as laying them all to place to fixed profits too. So both seem profitable in the long term (I know 5 months isn't that long, but you get the idea).
Just to expand on this a bit further, here's the graph of profits since 29th April to today laying to win fixed amounts of 15.00 in the win market or 15.00 in the place market.

post-273-14429283421204_thumb.jpg

Just to expand on this a bit further' date=' here's the graph of profits since 29th April to today laying to win fixed amounts of 15.00 in the win market or 15.00 in the place market.[/quote'] And obviously the liability would be lower in the place market so if I had laid to fixed profits of 50.00 (to give similar liabilities) then it would look like this.

post-273-14429283421347_thumb.jpg

Re: Livin' on the Edge - Place Edition Right then I'm taking this offline for a while whilst I go through all my past results. I still did it today, although only paper trailed it. It would have been 5 breakeven sets or £70odd profit to fixed profit staking. It's so dull paper trading compared to actually backing it with real cash. But I think it's for the best for the time being. I hope to come back with a new improved version in a month or so. :ok