** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Singles Only System - Variable Stakes

Having been a member of the Punters Lounge for a while now I have thought about many different ways to make money from sports betting. I have tried a system on predicting draws (based on the odds offered) which failed spectacularly and a few other 'hair brained' ideas (that also failed). Having seen the best punters on here though many of them seem to avoid fancy systems and back singles at variable stakes. My system I am going to proof will be based on those ideas. The system will be as follows. a) Starting Bank = 100 units b) No single bet to exceed 10 units c) Singles only (no doubles / trebles etc)

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes QPR to beat Wrexham @ 1.53 (Hills) 5 units staked (a medium confidence bet) Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 5 units Total Returned = 0 units (results still to come) Bet Record = W0 / L0 Current Bank = 95 units

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Nottingham Forest to beat Burnley @ 1.9 (Hills) 2 units staked Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 7 units Total Returned = 7.65 units (result yet to come) Bet Record = W1 / L0 Current Bank = 100.65 units (result yet to come)

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Nottingham Forest to beat Burnley @ 1.9 (Hills) DRAW 1-1 :( 2 units staked Gutted - Forest scored a perfectly good goal with 5 minutes to spare - flagged offside when Johnson was a yard onside. :x Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 7 units Total Returned = 7.65 units Bet Record = W1 / L1 Current Bank = 100.65 units

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Brighton to beat Colchester @ 1.53 (Bet365) 5 units win Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 12 units Total Returned = 7.65 units (result yet to come) Bet Record = W1 / L1 Current Bank = 95.65 units (result yet to come)

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Three midweek games for me to bet on. All prices with Hills. All games played tomorrow. Stoke to beat Crewe @ 2.5 - 2 units staked Sunderland to beat Gillingham @ 1.44 - 4 units staked Scunthorpe to beat Carlisle @ 1.8 - 2 units staked Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 20 units Total Returned = 15.30 units (3 results to come) Bet Record = W2 / L1 Current Bank = 95.30 units (3 results to come)

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Stoke to beat Crewe @ 2.5 - 2 units staked :( LOST 2-0 Sunderland to beat Gillingham @ 1.44 - 4 units staked :D WON 2-1 Scunthorpe to beat Carlisle @ 1.8 - 2 units staked :( LOST 3-2 Staked 8 units Returned 5.76 units Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 20.00 units Total Returned = 21.06 units Bet Record = W3 / L3 Current Bank = 101.06 units

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Forest to beat Crewe @ 4/5 (Hills) - 3 units staked Arsenal to beat Man Utd @ Evs (Hills) - 3 units staked Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 26.00 units Total Returned = 21.06 units (2 results to come) Bet Record = W3 / L3 Current Bank = 95.06 units (2 results to come)

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Forest to beat Crewe @ 4/5 (Hills) - 3 units staked - :D WON 2-0 (returns 5.4 units) Arsenal to beat Man Utd @ Evs (Hills) - 3 units staked - :( DRAW 1-1 (returns 0 units) Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 26.00 units Total Returned = 26.46 units Bet Record = W4 / L4 Current Bank = 100.46 units

Guest bigbubbah

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Know very liitle about htese things myself GETTINLOTS. I am learning loads from the lounge but. Learning from some of clever people on systs and strats - good stuff allround. Like to ask a bit moree of your system? You using a variable staking is the thing i wannt to know about. Ordinay bets for me - its the stakes that bust me up i think sometimes with too much confidense in some and not other -- put too much on bankers in other words. Uselless is my staking plans i think! Really i have no staking plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So - how do you calculate stakes?? Even if system is a sectret some info would be cool my man! Like the idea of something i read -- kelly staking it woz i think. For me, it looks good but got some probs with the calculation of perceeved edge i think it is. sorry to bother -.

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Hi bigbubbah. My stakes are varied based on two factors. 1) The value in the odds. The bigger the edge is the bigger the unit stake. 2) The likelyhood that I think 'today will be the day'. How do I explain this? Ok - Imagine that Blackburn are 14/1 to beat Man Utd away from home. We might all say that this is a value bet because we would expect Blackburn (crap as they are) to beat Man Utd more than one times in fourteen - even at Old Trafford. I would then try to judge if this would 'be the day' that they got one of those days out of fourteen based on team news, recent form, newspaper scandals, last minute big news, gut feelings, other fixtures coming up etc. I hope this answers your question. In essence this system is almost an anti system if you like. I believe that having 1,000,000,000,000 bets to get a 1.16% yield is a) Boring. b) Tiresome. I want to use a discipline (not system). Does that distinction make sense to anyone?

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Derby to beat Walsall @ 2.10 (Bet 365) 5 units staked Arsenal to beat Man Utd (FA Cup) @ 2.50 (Bet 365) 5 units staked Staked 10 units Returned ? units Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 30.00 units Total Returned = 21.06 units (two results to come) Bet Record = W3 / L3 Current Bank = 91.06 units (two results to come)

Guest bcrazy1

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes You really think being a billionaire would be boring? On the point of that example you need to realise and understand that many bets+low yield is better than vice versa Also more emphasis needs to be placed on the actual picks rather than on the staking strategy, otherwise it is going to end in failure however good your staking is. The main point that needs to be taken on board is to get a high yield (if that is what you want) it will probably require an ingeneuous/intellectual method to be used when you are coming up with the picks. Good luck :ok - hope you make a killing at the bookies :)

Guest bigbubbah

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Cool gett1inlots -- thankx for reply. Really good explnations there wit hsome good examples that will make me some better bets hopefully in the future. Esp liked the exampole there explanaining the value thing idea. The two cominations of value and today is the day is interesting reading. 1. yield ?? is this yield thing a percentag of amounts bet ? Not gonna disagree with crazy that being a millioare would be top stuff. :nana

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Derby to beat Walsall @ 2.10 (Bet 365) 5 units staked LOST 0-1 :( Arsenal to beat Man Utd (FA Cup) @ 2.50 (Bet 365) 5 units staked LOST 0-1 :( Staked 10 units Returned 0 units Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 30.00 units Total Returned = 21.06 units Bet Record = W3 / L5 Current Bank = 91.06 units Useless - truly useless.

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Sunderland to beat Millwall @ 2.50 (Bet 365) 5 units staked Staked 5 units Returned ? units Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 35.00 units Total Returned = 21.06 units (1 result to come) Bet Record = W3 / L5 Current Bank = 86.06 units (1 result to come)

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Sunderland to beat Millwall @ 2.50 (Bet 365) 5 units staked LOST 0-1 :( Staked 5 units Returned 0 units Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 35.00 units Total Returned = 21.06 units Bet Record = W3 / L6 Current Bank = 86.06 units I think this is my worst run ever. :(

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Forest to beat Stoke @ 11/10 (Ladbrokes) - 2 units West Ham to beat Derby @ 4/7 (Corals) - 5 units West Brom to beat Gillingham @ 2/5 (Corals) - 5 units QPR to beat Grimsby @ 8/15 (SupSoc) - 5 units 17 units staked ? units returned

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Forest to beat Stoke @ 11/10 (Ladbrokes) - 2 units DRAW 0-0 :( West Ham to beat Derby @ 4/7 (Corals) - 5 units DRAW 0-0 :( West Brom to beat Gillingham @ 2/5 (Corals) - 5 units WIN 1-0 :D QPR to beat Grimsby @ 8/15 (SupSoc) - 5 units WIN 3-0 :D 17 units staked 14.67 units returned Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 52.00 units Total Returned = 35.73 units Bet Record = W5 / L8 Current Bank = 83.73 units

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Liverpool to beat Charlton at 1.61 - 3 unit stake Bolton to beat Wolves at 2.60 - 1 unit stake Fulham to beat Blackburn at 2.00 - 2 unit stake Leeds to beat Everton at 2.10 - 2 unit stake Tottenham v Man City over 2.5 goals at 1.80 - 3 unit stake Burnley to beat Watford at 2.10 - 2 unit stake Derby to beat Bradford at 1.80 - 3 unit stake Forest to beat Preston at 3.20 - 1 unit stake Sheff Utd to beat Wimbledon at 1.30 - 5 unit stake Stoke to beat Rotherham at 1.80 - 3 unit stake 25 units staked ? units returned

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Liverpool to beat Charlton at 1.61 - 3 unit stake LOST 0-1 :( Bolton to beat Wolves at 2.60 - 1 unit stake WON 2-1 :D Fulham to beat Blackburn at 2.00 - 2 unit stake LOST 3-4 :( Leeds to beat Everton at 2.10 - 2 unit stake DRAW 1-1 :( Tottenham v Man City over 2.5 goals at 1.80 - 3 unit stake DRAW 1-1 :( Burnley to beat Watford at 2.10 - 2 unit stake LOST 2-3 :( Derby to beat Bradford at 1.80 - 3 unit stake WON 3-2 :D Forest to beat Preston at 3.20 - 1 unit stake DRAW 2-2 :( Sheff Utd to beat Wimbledon at 1.30 - 5 unit stake WON 2-1 :D Stoke to beat Rotherham at 1.80 - 3 unit stake LOST 0-2 :( 25 units staked 14.5 units returned Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 77.00 units Total Returned = 50.23 units Bet Record = W8 / L15 Current Bank = 73.23 units This is actually embarrassing. :o :o :o

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Looking for some real value bets today. Stoke to beat Sheff Utd @ 5.00 - 1 unit win Portsmouth to beat Man Utd @ 5.00 - 1 unit win Derby to beat Preston @ 1.90 - 3 unit win Leics to beat Blackburn @ 3.25 - 1 unit win Bolton to beat Spurs @ 2.20 - 3 unit win 9 units staked ? units returned

Re: Singles Only System - Variable Stakes Stoke to beat Sheff Utd @ 5.00 - 1 unit win :D WON 1-0 Portsmouth to beat Man Utd @ 5.00 - 1 unit win :D WON 1-0 Derby to beat Preston @ 1.90 - 3 unit win :D WON 5-1 Leics to beat Blackburn @ 3.25 - 1 unit win :( LOST 0-1 Bolton to beat Spurs @ 2.20 - 3 unit win :D WON 2-0 9 units staked 24.3 units returned Starting Bank = 100 units Total Staked = 86.00 units Total Returned = 74.53 units Bet Record = W12 / L16 Current Bank = 88.53 units