** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA - Champions League Qual.-Tuesday

Dinamo Tir. vs Modrica Albanians will start the tie in the role of favourites, though they disbanded the team that reached 17th title in club history. They have a new coach Marcel Javier Zuleta who worked in many countries and he has already surprised everyone with his decision to get rid of the players that had a key part in celebrating the end of the last season. Modrica also sold the team out; key players left them, they have huge financial problems so it is clear why their ambitions will reduce in the next season. Together with city rivals Tirana, Dinamo are the strongest and the most famous Albanian club; they have 17 titles won and they got the last crown in a dramatic finish of the season. It is yet to be seen how much the last month will affect the team. Coach Zuleta was Nicaragua national squad boss, worked on Haiti and El Salvador. Modrica played in UEFA Cup qualification, eliminated Santa Coloma from Andorra and suffered a shipwreck against Levski. As we have mentioned the bets players have left the club; the situation is not easy and the finance is a big problem. The new coach arrived, so we will see if the team can stabilize, though it is clear that the ambitions of the club will be a peaceful season in the midtable. The best choice would be betting on home win. Home win.:hope

Re: UEFA - Champions League Qual.-Tuesday Tampere vs Buducnost P. Tampere are, without a doubt, the best Finnish club in the last couple of years and they have won the title in the last two years. Buducnost have taken over the top in Montenegrin football, traditionally they are the best club from my little country, though they didn’t quite manage after separation from Serbia so last year Zeta represented Montenegro in Champions League qualifications. Tampere are stronger than last season and Finnish legend, Ari Hjelm stayed on the bench, the man who had an excellent football career in Bundesliga and made 100 caps for the national squad. Buducnost are hoping for a favorable result in Tampere since they are very dangerous on home ground, if they reach an active score in Finland they will certainly be the favourites for the next round qualification. They are optimistic before this duel; they say that they have studied Tampere who played in Montenegro few seasons ago in Intertoto cup. Buducnost will defend even if they concede an early goal, and each defeat with one-goal margin brings hope for the returning leg. Montenegrin champion are, certainly, not a naive squad, they traditionally have young and talented players. Draw and under 2.5 goals.:hope FK Baku vs Rabotnicki Rabotnicki were, thanks to many investments dominant in Macedonian football but this is history now. On the other hand, football in Azerbaijan is advancing in huge steps, mostly thanks to numerous investments. But, Macedonian champion are in a chaotic state, they lost their sponsors this summer and most of the players moved to Vardar. The club from Baku is a true foreign legion and the very fact that in this transfer window they acquired well-known Valentin Belkevich who has spent a decade playing for Dynamo from Kiev speaks enough of the club's ambitions. If you keep up with European competitions you may have heard of Unierzitet Khazar who played in Intertoto Cup few years ago and demolished Austrian Bregenz. New Rabotnicki coach arrived but there were problems with the registration of the players so some back-ups won’t be able to play in this match. That is why it is clear that Rabotnicki play for honour and it is hard to expect them to make a surprise. Even with the stronger squad they didn’t have success in Europe although they gave a hard time to Bolton last year in UEFA Cup. But, this is not the same team so it will certainly be interesting to see if they can fight the positive result, that is to say the result that will give them any kind of hope in the returning leg. Home win.:hope Valletta vs Petrzalka Few seasons ago Petrzalka eliminated Celtic and Serbian Partizan to qualify for European elite. It was a beautiful experience for this Slovakian club who after a shorter domination of Zilina managed to get back on top last season. In the first round Artmedia will travel to Malta, their rivals are the club from the capital La Valletta, one of the most famous Maltese clubs, who last season after six years managed to win the crown. Valletta won the crown harder than expected and they almost triumphed in the cup too. Several players left the club but the team got reinforced with the Cameroon's Olympic international, Doding Priso as well as several other players form domestic clubs. Artmedia is a good team, attacker Halenar is well-known, and there is also Brazilian Silva Kleber as well as several other excellent players from Czech Republic. Guests will be careful and try not to concede and not allow the home side to make a surprise. We should expect a more careful approach from the visitors. Away win by one goal margin.:hope Murata vs Goteborg Murata dominated in San Marino amateur league and the press constantly wrote about their interesting back-ups. Former Brazil and Roma ace, now middle-aged Aldair performs for the club and the manager is Massimo Agostini, once a professional in Milan, Roma and Naples. Famous by his nickname Condor, he is 44 years old now and still plays for Murata. Geteborg is the most famous club in the Champions League first round, Swedish champion have won UEFA Cup twice so far but they were far from the top in domestic championship over the last decade. Murata tried to allure Formula 1 champion to perform in the Champions League but failed, just like in the negotiations with the former Livorno bomber, Igor Protti. Alongside bunch of unfamiliar players from San Marino, Aldair also plays and the keeper is former Fiorentina member Scalabrelli. Of course, they have the amateur status but they will help the team with their experience. Goteborg is an experienced team that play with a lot of passes which is not typical of Swedish clubs. They have several internationals in the squad like Alexandersson, Selakovic and this year Danish keeper Christensen arrived and he is one of the rare foreigners in the team. This is the last year for Goteborg at famous Ullevi stadium; already next season they will move to the new one, a smaller but modernized stadium. Murata won’t only defend, they don’t have any illusions but any goal scored is significant for San Marino. Away win and over 2.5 goals.:hope :cheers

Re: UEFA - Champions League Qual.-Tuesday

FK Baku vs Rabotnicki Rabotnicki were, thanks to many investments dominant in Macedonian football but this is history now. On the other hand, football in Azerbaijan is advancing in huge steps, mostly thanks to numerous investments. But, Macedonian champion are in a chaotic state, they lost their sponsors this summer and most of the players moved to Vardar. The club from Baku is a true foreign legion and the very fact that in this transfer window they acquired well-known Valentin Belkevich who has spent a decade playing for Dynamo from Kiev speaks enough of the club's ambitions. If you keep up with European competitions you may have heard of Unierzitet Khazar who played in Intertoto Cup few years ago and demolished Austrian Bregenz. New Rabotnicki coach arrived but there were problems with the registration of the players so some back-ups won’t be able to play in this match. That is why it is clear that Rabotnicki play for honour and it is hard to expect them to make a surprise. Even with the stronger squad they didn’t have success in Europe although they gave a hard time to Bolton last year in UEFA Cup. But, this is not the same team so it will certainly be interesting to see if they can fight the positive result, that is to say the result that will give them any kind of hope in the returning leg. Home win.:hope
Current Macedonian double trophy holder, Rabotnicki, is in very unenviable situation after the president of the club Trifun Kostovski moved to neighboring FK Vardar and only few players stayed in the club. After the new president Dragan Popovski took over Rabotnicki, both presidents have agreed on final separations of the clubs after which all the key players who brought Rabotnicki's successess in the last few years have moved to Vardar. In this situation, it's still unknown who will play for Rabotnicki next season. Currently only Baze Ilijoski, Krste Velkovski, Emir Shabani and probably Dimitrija Lazarevski will stay in Rabotnicki. So far it's only known that former Macedonian football international part time caretaker coach of the Macedonian national team, Boban Babunski will coach Rabotnicki in the next season. Through Babunski's contacts from Holland, it's very probable that Rabotnicki very soon will get new sponsor from this country. The new Dutch sponsor is supposed to help the club consolidate the squad in front of the Champions League qualification and in the future the biggest accent in the club will be on the work with the youth categories. HOME WIN :dude

Re: UEFA - Champions League Qual.-Tuesday Bagzi, pls write your own view or collect any info in any way but not just paste from orther website and change the others view! Pls grow up man! Everyone pls log in to this side http://www.freebetting.net/online_betting/168358/UEFA_-_Champions_League_Qual./Dinamo_Tir._vs_Modrica

Dinamo Tir. vs Modrica Albanians will start the tie in the role of favourites, though they disbanded the team that reached 17th title in club history. They have a new coach Marcel Javier Zuleta who worked in many countries and he has already surprised everyone with his decision to get rid of the players that had a key part in celebrating the end of the last season. Modrica also sold the team out; key players left them, they have huge financial problems so it is clear why their ambitions will reduce in the next season. Together with city rivals Tirana, Dinamo are the strongest and the most famous Albanian club; they have 17 titles won and they got the last crown in a dramatic finish of the season. It is yet to be seen how much the last month will affect the team. Coach Zuleta was Nicaragua national squad boss, worked on Haiti and El Salvador. Modrica played in UEFA Cup qualification, eliminated Santa Coloma from Andorra and suffered a shipwreck against Levski. As we have mentioned the bets players have left the club; the situation is not easy and the finance is a big problem. The new coach arrived, so we will see if the team can stabilize, though it is clear that the ambitions of the club will be a peaceful season in the midtable. The best choice would be betting on home win. Home win.:hope

Re: UEFA - Champions League Qual.-Tuesday Soccer - Valur Reykjavik - spread +1 (+111) for the regulation time held on Jul 15 at 11:01am [pending] Soccer - Pyunik Yerevan - spread +1 (+120) for the regulation time held on Jul 15 at 12:01pm [pending] Soccer - FK Rabotnicki - spread +1 (+106) for the regulation time held on Jul 15 at 11:01am [pending] Soccer - Murata - spread +2 (+104) for the regulation time held on Jul 15 at 1:31pm [pending] Soccer - FK Modrica - spread +1 (+111) for the regulation time held on Jul 15 at 1:01pm [pending] Soccer - Valletta - spread +1 1⁄2 (+159) for the regulation time held on Jul 15 at 1:01pm [pending] I have been grabbing these as the money flows toward the favorites. History is on the side of the underdogs in first-round games, and few teams play all out in the first leg... Looking at the last 10 years of results, about 30% of home teams win their opening game by 2 goals or more, and between 35 and 50% of all teams do, whether home or away. What is usually the case is that the first-round games pit two teams that few bettors in the west have heard of, so the money flows to home teams, or teams from countries that have better national teams...but not necessarily to the better team or the most motivated team. The other aspect of this is that games tend toward unders unless the game is a total mismatch. A home team tries to keep a clean sheet because of the value of away goals; an away team sometimes plays for a draw, thinking it can then win the second leg at home. I have taken all underdogs of one goal or more except Santa Coloma, since I am waiting for a better line. Good luck everyone.

Re: UEFA - Champions League Qual.-Tuesday dodgy, Yes I collect info from every football site I visit like everyone else, and I apologise everione who don`t like my previews. I only want to help:unsure

Re: UEFA - Champions League Qual.-Tuesday It remains very difficult at the moment really the "good" tips rauszusuchen, as comparisons with such qualifications as the CL-quality certainly not easy and the current leagues are usually no sugar tube corners, but we try. Linfield FC - Dinamo Zagreb Einzuschätzendes A really difficult game, because you would say spontaneously that the Dinamo team from Northern Ireland would have to cross, but on closer inspection, we no longer so extreme. Both teams are still in the preparatory phase so that none of the team should be established as the others. The home advantage in the legendary Windsor Park will certainly play a role and Linfield will try its cult reputation to defend, because Linfield (on paper) the most successful team in the world, because they are already masters were 48 times and a total of over 200 titles . In addition, also a political explosiveness, as the team from Belfast is a protestant, while the Croats a very great sympathy for the Catholic side, and this is always open. Zagreb will approach this game verausgaben not want and we must also clear that the team from Croatia is much weaker than in recent years. In particular, the expected departure of Modric difficult to cope. Zagreb could win the game, but a clear victory would be surprised.Tipps:1X

It remains very difficult at the moment really the "good" tips rauszusuchen, as comparisons with such qualifications as the CL-quality certainly not easy and the current leagues are usually no sugar tube corners, but we try. Linfield FC - Dinamo Zagreb Einzuschätzendes A really difficult game, because you would say spontaneously that the Dinamo team from Northern Ireland would have to cross, but on closer inspection, we no longer so extreme. Both teams are still in the preparatory phase so that none of the team should be established as the others. The home advantage in the legendary Windsor Park will certainly play a role and Linfield will try its cult reputation to defend, because Linfield (on paper) the most successful team in the world, because they are already masters were 48 times and a total of over 200 titles . In addition, also a political explosiveness, as the team from Belfast is a protestant, while the Croats a very great sympathy for the Catholic side, and this is always open. Zagreb will approach this game verausgaben not want and we must also clear that the team from Croatia is much weaker than in recent years. In particular, the expected departure of Modric difficult to cope. Zagreb could win the game, but a clear victory would be surprised.Tipps:1X
Thanks Predictions, an interesting opinion: Linfield are very successful, but let's put this in perspective: this is an almost totally amateur league. The N I side has one Irish League representative at most in any international fixture. Very seldom does a NI team make it past the first round (though lets not forget little Carrick in 1979! in the ECWC). Not sure why the Croats would sympathise more with one group of Christians more than another.:unsure but an interesting theory. The Blues will be up for this, sure, but if we are talking any value, then it must be in the 1.43 currently on offer in Bet fair for the Zagreb side ...but I always worry when I see money consistently matched (and more found) without the price dropping, where one team is taking over 95% of the bets. I mean, if that percentage of people are going for the away win, then why isn't it dropping in price? and 40 odd thousand pounds speculated so far ahead of the game is quite a lot for an event like this. Caution urged.

Re: UEFA - Champions League Qual.-Tuesday What about y' pappa. I .See you've surfaced again, still got the mask on I see, must get a bit rancid in the summer. Take your point on the exercising caution on the Linfield game. Ulster teams are usually very slow Pre-season, and struggle to get up to speed during the summer months. This is due to a few factors, lack of player commitment,domestic upheaval, the usual sort of amateur league stuff. my mates granddad was over there during the war in the seventies and he got a game for the Crusaders because he was in the army and fit. The crowd at the Belfast park may be a bit thin on the ground as it's holiday season for about half of the community after the orange (or was it lemon) fest at the weekend. All said and done Zagreb look a banker here.

Re: UEFA - Champions League Qual.-Tuesday Yeah cheers rubberneck, it's my natural colour not a mask :unsure re the Linfield game - I think it's the St Patricks fortnight or something like that..Gerry Adams and all the rest of them out marching with their bowler hats - all great crack these days I'm told. Well I don't think that Gerry (I believe he's a big Blues fan) and co will be celebrating tonight, even though I can't quite fathom a price of 1.43 moving to 1.44 when 98% of the money is on that team. Back to the Guinness!

Re: UEFA - Champions League Qual.-Tuesday FK Olimpija - St. Patricks The Latvians should be in this game have little chance because the league level but well below that of Ireland. In addition, St. Patrick's this year really is a very solid team and their playing style finally made something offensive. In particular, for away games shows a very good mix of defensive football and controlled offensive and this mixture is also required in this game. We are also very curious whether international Marc Quigley will play as strong as the 22-year-old is already doing in Ireland (already 11 matches), because he is a candidate for the English Premier League. Tip: St. Patrick's victory 0:1

Not sure why the Croats would sympathise more with one group of Christians more than another.:unsure but an interesting theory.
I doubt it had any baring on the game to be fair. However there was clashes in Belfast leading up to the match and in the ground the Linfield fans (never known for their friendliness) chanted "Serbia, Serbia" at the fans from Croatia who responded with waving the flag of the Vatican at the 100% protestant fans. Result was always going to be the same regardless of any of this nonsense. Those men in bowler hats are protestant orangemen celebrating a victory in battle over a catholic army many years ago. If the news of the Linfield fans cheering for Serbia during the game reaches Zagreb i suspect they shouldn't travel to watch the second leg. EDIT: My mistake. The Zagreb fans waved their flags first and the Linfield fans responded with Serbia taunts.

FK Olimpija - St. Patricks The Latvians should be in this game have little chance because the league level but well below that of Ireland. In addition, St. Patrick's this year really is a very solid team and their playing style finally made something offensive. In particular, for away games shows a very good mix of defensive football and controlled offensive and this mixture is also required in this game. We are also very curious whether international Marc Quigley will play as strong as the 22-year-old is already doing in Ireland (already 11 matches), because he is a candidate for the English Premier League. Tip: St. Patrick's victory 0:1
0:1:cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Re: UEFA - Champions League Qual.-Tuesday Anorthosis Famagusta v Olympiakos can be a home win, Olympiakos has not been in a good condition Galitsios the best defender isn't playing and Anorthosis have played very well 4 games, 1-0 is the correct score which I'll bet, but of course in the second game Olympiakos will win with many goals 3-1 or something like that....