Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Re: Milan to win Uefa Cup I Know Champions League Clubs drop down. But your missing the point, Milan are basically a Champions league club. If they were in the Champions League they would be one of the top 4 Favourites no doubt. They will dominate this from start to finish.

Re: Milan to win Uefa Cup I also backed Bayern last year and lost a lot of dough but I know what Westy is saying. Milan at 6s will look amazing value when they coast through their first few games. People get excited, odds shorten and you lay off and win your money no matter what. That will happen so im getting on at that price to trade off later.

Re: Milan to win Uefa Cup

I also backed Bayern last year and lost a lot of dough but I know what Westy is saying. Milan at 6s will look amazing value when they coast through their first few games. People get excited' date=' odds shorten and you lay off and win your money no matter what. That will happen so im getting on at that price to trade off later.[/quote'] :clap At-last someone understands :ok

Re: Milan to win Uefa Cup two sides of a valid argument coming out here. Yes, there is some potential value with the 6's on offer - strong liklihood that'll shorten and laying will become a profitable option. Those making the bayern claim also have a valid point regarding 6's not being great odds on a competition not overly valued by many now and without knowing who else will make up the serious contenders list further down the line. westy - i think that the idea you had is that of whupunters, whereby you are looking for profit rather than betting on milan winning and seeing it through (?) although it wasnt overly clear at the start. If anyone is looking to bet on them to win, I think GusHiddinks idea to back them at each stage may prove more profitable should they win the trophy though.

westy - i think that the idea you had is that of whupunters, whereby you are looking for profit rather than betting on milan winning and seeing it through (?) although it wasnt overly clear at the start. If anyone is looking to bet on them to win, I think GusHiddinks idea to back them at each stage may prove more profitable should they win the trophy though.
Yes Exactly right. My Apologies if i was not clear. Yes I am going to do both of these though. Im Gonna Back them big on Milan to win and see it Through. Whilst also having a wager on them then Laying it. ;) For me there squad may be old but the likes of Pato coming good and the usual names of Kaka, Pirlo etc etc i cannot see them having to many problems. Especially over 2 legs where not many Clubs get a result at the San Siro. (Yes Ill be waiting for the Gooners, saying We did We did! :wall)

Re: Milan to win Uefa Cup How is the UEFA Cup ever going to be their priority?? Serie A is going to be massive for them Really strange competition it can be sometimes, Bayern were fortunate to get the the semis last year, they just didn't seem that interested some of the time. At the end of the day its an embarrasment for a club like Milan to be in this instead of the CL. Yes rightful favourites (you can get 7/1 btw coral) but simply too short. I'd be surprised if they win it myself. Good luck anyway ;)

Yes Exactly right. My Apologies if i was not clear. Yes I am going to do both of these though. Im Gonna Back them big on Milan to win and see it Through. Whilst also having a wager on them then Laying it. ;) For me there squad may be old but the likes of Pato coming good and the usual names of Kaka, Pirlo etc etc i cannot see them having to many problems. Especially over 2 legs where not many Clubs get a result at the San Siro. (Yes Ill be waiting for the Gooners, saying We did We did! :wall)
Afraid I don't get it - so you are going to back them with double stake and recover some (not much unless you wait for quite long) and let the rest ride. Hmm, wouldn't it be better to lower the actual stake and let the rest ride. Mind you, ACM struggled even in Serie A last season at times, and I also can't see them going out all guns blazing to win this not-that-shiny cup. Also already the group format is quite tricky - and then you get every chance to meet one of the big clubs - which might fire them up or not as most of such teams tend to be really tired in the second half of the season.

Re: Milan to win Uefa Cup sorry westy but i got to agree with meatman and tulenus as ive said they are an ageing team[ yes i know they got some good youngsters] but serie A will be there priority and im not sure they will be that bothered about the uefa cup but i suppose if they get to the q finals then 6s or 7s will look a good price, so i can see where your coming from i just dont like the format of the uefa cup now and i tend not to bet on it ante post as you have 8 c league teams to enter it later on anyway goodluck with this

The reason ACM are not in CL was/is the fact that they were terrible at San Siro last season. Things do change, but they are not really buying much , are they? If Kaka or Pato or Pirlo are out for one or another reason, Milan both in attack and midfield will be mediocre, any team playing tight at the back and fast on the break could give us another ''surprise''... In Italy imo the thing that matters is the title, in the case of ACM - CL too. I don't think this will be their year at home. In UEFA I would rather go against them with small stakes in every stage on AH, can't see them winning with great margins, if they do... Trading looks good though, can't imagine Milan being knocked out in the group stage. Good luck

Re: Milan to win Uefa Cup I can see everyones opinion here, and i love it! This is what this forum is all about everyone giving their opinions to help people out. I can see people are talking about there home form and it not being priority. I fully agree with the point that it is not their priority, obviously the Title is and that is going to come above this mickey mouse trophy, when you look at it in Milan's eyes. The only thing i would like to put across though is the fact that Milan are in debt at the moment. So by progressing in this tournament they are going to receive a lot of money through tv etc and also if they win it they will receive a substantial amount! This is why i think that they will take the trophy seriously! Also as regards to the Champions League Teams dropping down. In my opinion you cannot really class these teams as Champions League Sides. The likes of Anderlecht, Cska Moscow etc are 2 bob teams when they are up against the big boys, and are only in the Champions League in the first place due to their awful leagues. Yes you may get some surprises but only one or two out of the eight! Overall i made my decision earlier and im gonna lump 100 on them for now. Thanks guys!

flip side as well westy is that if milan are as poor as people say' date=' then the league may be an unrealistic target early on - their focus may switch to the next best thing after this point....[/quote'] Very Nice! :cheers

Re: Milan to win Uefa Cup true aj they have to be playing cl football the following season so near the end of season they might have a q final game in uefa but a must win league game a few days before or after they will almost certainly save kaka pirlo etc for league games just like bolton did last season to save there premier league status [ i know different class of teams but still the same principle] nice thread westy, a nice discussion is this and once again the best of luck mate

true aj they have to be playing cl football the following season so near the end of season they might have a q final game in uefa but a must win league game a few days before or after they will almost certainly save kaka pirlo etc for league games just like bolton did last season to save there premier league status [ i know different class of teams but still the same principle] nice thread westy, a nice discussion is this and once again the best of luck mate
Thanks mate :ok. Tbh i think that Milan wont struggle to finish third in their league at-all and will get automatic qualification for Champions League no problem. I can see what your saying about resting players, but they do have a strong squad which from what i can see buy their transfer targets its going to get even better. Ronaldo back from Injury would be another added bonus. Everyone in Italy saying that Inter are Strong favourites to do the clean sweep because the arrival of Mourinho. As you know and can see my the legend in my picture that i am a Chelsea fan, and the hype that Mourinho is getting at Inter is exactly what we got when he arrived. But when i look at their Squad and Possible starting eleven and compare it with Milan's i would be picking more Milan Players than Inter if i was a manager! To me i can see Milan causing a lot of upsets next season which could come as a surprise to many people.. Thanks again guys for all your opinions and i hope this discussion can continue to progress! ;)

Re: Milan to win Uefa Cup The interesting thing for me is that a late winner away to RED STAR in their first game was ALL that saved Bayern going through. Had it not gone in then draws at Braga and at home to Bolton would not have been enough and those two would have qualified... The Previous year, Ajax were the big things and they went out at the last 32 after struggling through their group. The Group stages saw Blackburn and Nancy qualify at the expence of Feyenoord. The previous year...Middlesboro knocked out Roma :unsure:unsure. Basle beat Monaco, Stugart and CSKA Moscow went at the group stages... Some teams dont take the UEFA serious enough IMO The main point here is..DO you actually think you WILL be able to trade ??? What happens if they are half hearted from the start like Bayern last year ?? I Think its a shocking idea to double your stake with what is already a very poor value bet. Even if they win their group there is no gurantee the odds WILL drop. Champs league drop outs, even the Champ league draw could affect the price. Lets say Champs league Group B includes Man Utd, Barcelona, Inter Milan and ohh anybody else really. Then one of those three will drop into UEFA - Milan's odds could actually lengthen!!!!

The main point here is..DO you actually think you WILL be able to trade ??? What happens if they are half hearted from the start like Bayern last year ?? I Think its a shocking idea to double your stake with what is already a very poor value bet. Even if they win their group there is no gurantee the odds WILL drop. Champs league drop outs, even the Champ league draw could affect the price. Lets say Champs league Group B includes Man Utd, Barcelona, Inter Milan and ohh anybody else really. Then one of those three will drop into UEFA - Milan's odds could actually lengthen!!!!
Tbh honest mate i think im just gonna Lump it on them to win it and forget about the trading. I have had this in cling for a while now so im gonna go with my instinct! i Cannot see how you feel 7/1 is a poor value bet but there we go.... Would like to ask you a question without taking no offense, if you think that is a poor value bet, what is your example of a good value bet on a team to win Uefa Cup without trading??? Also Champs league Group B how you have described it wont happen because all of them teams are seeded so cannot get each-other in same group :ok. So their is a very very slim chance of such a high class team as you are describing dropping down :D

Re: Milan to win Uefa Cup None of the teams dropping down from Champs League last season got past the Quarter Finals. Theyre is not much between the top teams in Uefa and Bottom teams in Champs League anyway and AC Milan are better than the majority of the Champions League teams anyway. Im with Westy on this one, its up to you as a punter if you consider it value but it doesnt matter to me because if I think AC will win it (or go very far with a chance of me laying it off at smaller odds) which I do, then its worth the bet.

None of the teams dropping down from Champs League last season got past the Quarter Finals. Theyre is not much between the top teams in Uefa and Bottom teams in Champs League anyway and AC Milan are better than the majority of the Champions League teams anyway. Im with Westy on this one' date=' its up to you as a punter if you consider it value but it doesnt matter to me because if I think AC will win it (or go very far with a chance of me laying it off at smaller odds) which I do, then its worth the bet.[/quote'] Well Put :ok Exactly what i think about the teams dropping down and Milan's strength to beat these teams. Hopefully we will be bumping this thread come the end of the final! :cheers mate and good luck!