** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

£1/£2 tables Betfair

dave

IMO there is a fortune to be made on these low stakes tables, not just at betfair (they are just the ones I use). There are so many people there who haven't got a clue, and despite not being an expert myself it is just so easy to make money off them. I used to play No limit, but lost a fair bit at that, but since switching to limit I've been making loads (for me). Been playing 2 hours this afternoon (remember these are £1/£2 limit tables) and turned £12 into £184.50 so far. What do people find at the higher stakes tables? Are the players there of a higher standard or just richer and greedier? Also any tips on limit play are welcome, as I said I'm no expert, but you don't need to be against some of these players.

Re: £1/£2 tables Betfair I dont know what you class as high stakes dave (Prima has a 10,000 buy in NL game now...!) but I have gone as high as 10/20 NL (2,000 buy in). I would say that the higher you go, the stronger the players become in general. That is not to say you dont get good players at low stakes and bad players at high stakes because you get both BUT the balance starts to swing more and more the higher you go. I play on the betfair servers also (but on the NL tables) - whats your nick dave? As for advice on limit poker ask away and I will try to answer....or tell us the situation/plays in exact hands you are wondering about. Jez

Re: £1/£2 tables Betfair Cheers jezza. nickname on there is dave10, playing on OrlaOrla for a while at the moment, so if you want some of my money that's where to go. What's your nickname? Was just wondering about general advice really, maybe common mistakes that people make etc.

Guest DannyCash

Re: £1/£2 tables Betfair Hi Dave Some mistakes that people make. Betting on a lower straight when a higher straight is on Betting on a straight when a flush is possible to someone else Not betting on a straight quickly, i.e if you have 9,10 and the flop throws up 6,7,8 don't slow play it. If a 10 or even a 9 showed up on the turn/river it could help someone else make a higher straight. Going all in without the nuts Not raising/going all in with the nuts. Knowing when you have the nuts! Raising pre-flop when you're in an early position. I'll think of some more soon no doubt... Dan

£1/£2 tables Betfair Isn't playing limit poker a mistake in itself?? Sorry not having a dig, just could never get used to it myself. You get too many people hanging on hoping to nail a flush on the river. At least in NL if you've got a hand you can make sure if they want to hope for a flush then theyll have to pay for it.

Re: £1/£2 tables Betfair well done dave, be careful....noone can keep form like that up consistantly! but well done.......as for limit poker the biggest mistake I can think of is not betting the @#%$ out of your hand when you make something good....slowplaying would not even cross my mind on a small stakes internet limit table...just bet/raise the beejesus out of all your good hands, fold the bad ones and you should be sorted my nick is superjez btw cheers Jez