** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday)

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday)

Can anyone answer me this question' date=' is Portugal going to play all there big name players? thx[/quote'] rleague punter, I'm not certain by any means, but this is from the livescore site, and their team sheets have been pretty realiable so far... Miguel Fernando Meira Pepe Paulo Ferreira Raul Meireles Miguel Veloso Ricardo Quaresma Joao Moutinho Nani Hugo Almeida Looks as though some fringe/bench players may get a run, but they still look a fair bit better than their Swiss counterparts (i.e. Quaresma, Nani).

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday) Switzerland are out of championship, Portugal will secure first place. What we can expect from todays game? Of course swiss will do all the best to knock the door hard leaving the championship, Felipe Scolari can make some changes in lineup, because all things done in the group, now the main players can rest little bit to prepare Qfinals. both teams have no psichological attention on the game, so game should be very open with more oppoturnities. I think that Portugal today can draw with swiss, because they don't need that victory like need it for swiss, all swiss people waitting for a points, and players know it. i think it should be more scoring oppoturnities and i'm taking an Over 2.5, no doubt about it! Also small stakes on Over 3.5!!! Switzerland - Portugal OVER 2.5 2.05@Omnibet 9/10!!! Switzerland - Portugal OVER 3.5 3.55@Bwin 5/10!!! Switzerland - Portugal, score - 3:3 67@Bwin 1/10!!! Switzerland - Portugal, score - 2:2 18@Bwin 2/10!!! Gl all :hope

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday)

I expect Switzerland to lead at half time' date=' than in second half [b']one goal for Christiano Ronaldo and match go with possible draw ( 1-1 )
Don't think he's going to play, keep an eye on team news :ok

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday) great value on the Portugal win, even with a 'weakened team' there is enough quality to beat the dire co-hosts, For the players that come in, they will want to show big Phil that they have plenty to offer and push for a first team spot.Look out for Nani and the highly rated Quaresma who should provide the width in the side. Even though Portugal have it all sewn up, momentum is important in major tournaments and they'll still want to win. Portugal WIN @ 7/5 (b'fair)

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday) Switzerland-Portugal over 2,5 I am sure that will be a lot of goals on this match. Swiss are dissapointed and because of crowd they will try to win. Portuguese reserves will take chance and they will play without too many tactics. As you can see, best odds on over are at Betfair and SBObet.

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday) agree with you @bagzi_cg Portgual is qualified and Scolari want to rest his best players like Deco and Chris Ronaldo for the quarter finals. Ronaldo for example played a lot games in this season he´ll has a break and Scolari would try something with the other players. No coach let the first eleven start when he knows that he´s in the next level for sure. Switzerland is the co-hoster and they´ll say goodbye in the best way they can. Can´t imagine that their power is enough to beat the portuguese but they´ll want to have a good last round at home. draw for me too 1-1 sounds good. (in double with a czech win :ok)

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday) dont think this is much of a betting match as thhere is little at stake for both teams.. the switz wont want to go out with 3defeats and portugal will very likely rest key players but i still wouldnt bet on a result for either team. i think there could be a few goals here in an open game, so im betting on over 2.5

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday) Portugal - Switzerland over 2.5 While Portugal will rest some players they have still some players who can create and score goals. You would expect this game to be at a more casual tempo give that Switzerland also have nothing to play for. They have been unlucky that they haven't score more goals and receeived more points so look to them to go out with a bang in front of their home crowd. This should be an open and entertaining game.

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday) How do the portugal reserve players play as a team. They are a talented group of players no doubt individually, Just throw all the reserve players out and hope they gel. Cant expect that much from them. It takes a team effort to win a match and portugal are gonna be relying on individuals to win this match, cos i cant see it being as fluent as the 1st team. If it was the Portugal 1st team out and both teams had something to play for then I would still be alittle reserved about placing dough on Portugal even, but as its the 2nd team against 1st team of Switzerland, and I think Switzerland are gonna be playing like they have somethign to play for (pride), I think a draw is the most likely result here. If portugal avoid defeat and a few players shine, then it will be a success i would think. Im going for the Draw..

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday) Portugal: Ricardo, Pepe, Miguel, Meira, Ferreira, Alves, Veloso, Meireles, Quaresma, Postiga, Nani. Switzerland: Zuberbuhler, Senderos, Muller, Magnin, Lichtsteiner, Yakin, Inler, Gelson, Behrami, Vonlanthen, Derdiyok.

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday) Hi Guys I think the critical thing here is that Portugal can not relax too much, unless they are happy with second place in their group, and thereby play the winners of another So whilst a few players are held in reserve on the subs bench, I have no doubt that they will be out to win this to ensure they win the group, in which case the odds on offer are very attractive IMO But hey, when I am ever wrong ?? ( well besides the last time ) Welly

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday) Ronaldo, Deco, petit, Carvalho will certainly watch this game form the bench since there is no need to waste their energy. Portugal will anyway end up first in the group, even if they lose this game. They are carefully waiting for the outcome of group B and there are already some hints that Germany could be their rival in the quarterfinals which is not a pleasant situation. Both sides will play for the fans so we are in for a good atmosphere in this game. This is a chance for Switzerland to thank their fans for excellent support while Scolari will use this match to test some of the reserve players but also to try out certain tactical options. :cheers

Re: Switzerland v Portugal (Sunday) Both teams have nothing to play for in respect of further progress in the tournament. Cannot select an outright match winner because of this. Will focus on the goals market. The Swiss are only playing for Pride - they will want to sign off with some respect which could mean taking more risks than usual. The Portuguese fringe players will also want to show their worth so will put in 110%. Over 2.5 Goals 10/11 PP (60% of stake) Over 3.5 Goals 12/5 PP (40% of stake)