** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Austria v Croatia Sunday 8th June..

I know its early to start talking about this game but I cant believe the odds of Croatia winning the game. They looked comfortable in beating England home and away (I know thats not a hard task but still..) and Austria are only playing because they are joint-hosts. They are a really poor side and I can see the Croats winning by at least 2 goals. Evens with Coral and I can see that price dropping to around 4/5 when people notice the early value so im on early. Opinions please?

Re: Austria v Croatia Sunday 8th June.. Croatian problem at this point is that they don't have a substitute for injured Eduardo da Silva. They have problems scoring goals, which could be seen specially couple of days ago against Hungary. Austrians are playing brave, but their defensive line isn't the most secure one. Although Austrians will be highly motivated I still think they can't compensate lack of skills, so I expect narrow win for Croatia. My Tip: 2:1 for Croatia Visit My Blog.

Re: Austria v Croatia Sunday 8th June.. I agree that this should come off but Football Championships do have the habit of throwing up curved ball results. Who would have thought that France would have failed to score in any of their group games or lost against Senegal in the 2002 World Cup? I will still be joining you in backing this as I think you have to take value where you see it and there's definitely value in this one.

Re: Austria v Croatia Sunday 8th June.. i see odd around 2,00 as a pure gift. there is two class difference between these two sides. odd si this high only becouse austria play at home. it is not true that croatia dont hace substitues for eduardo, but true is that all attakers have scoring problem at the moment. anyway u never know when will they start scoring. motivation is high on this competition but i doubt that austri can score here. only eduardo will miss for this game and croatia have nice chances to take a three points here.

Re: Austria v Croatia Sunday 8th June.. I think Olic is capable of scoring a few goals in the tournament so this wont be a problem. Thanks for all your comments anyway guys, none of you have put me off backing them so im pleased. Come on the Croats.

Re: Austria v Croatia Sunday 8th June.. Totally agree WHU punter, ive been saying the same thing over on the Euro 2008 forum, Austria are only in this because they are hosting it. They are a poor side and even their betters players like Wigan's Paul Scharner hasn't joined the squad as he says its a shambles. Croatia are one of the dark horses to win this competition have a lot of quality and even without Eduardo have enough up front to win this. Looks like the bet of the tourney to me at evens and ive already stuck something on them at 2.04 on Betfair, i agree it will go down.

Re: Austria v Croatia Sunday 8th June.. Yeah, went on oddschecker and their is only 3 bookies offering even money and that is top price so a few have already cut them down. Looked at all the group games, and the only other bet I would be equally as confident on backing would be Germany to beat Austria at around 1/2, this also looks outstanding value. But for now, ill lump on Croatia. If they dont win, theyll let a lot of PL down.