** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 25th May - 8th June

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June

watched Gulbis yesterday in review.He has a very good serve. Difficult to figure out and maybe he could irking Djokovic today. any opinions?
I was thinking of trying the overs if anything. Probably a no bet for me though. I've gone with Nadal v Almagro over 29.5 games. It should be Rafa's first hard match, and I can see Almagro being able to keep it close, at least for a while.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh great' date=' a good tipster disagrees with me totally. :sad[/quote'] A lot of people got burnt on Fed yesterday with the handicap and unders/overs mate (me included!), so go with what you think! :ok

A lot of people got burnt on Fed yesterday with the handicap and unders/overs mate (me included!)' date=' so go with what you think! :ok[/quote'] Well Rafa was just awesome. I was right about the over in the Djokovic match but stayed away. :spank For today I took Kuznetsova v Kanepi under 20.5 @ 1.8 on bet365 but it's been cut to 1.66 overnight. Kanepi is decent enough and a little bit underrated but has almost no experience of playing the top 10 or so. Kuznetsova has had no problems so far and seems to be in good shape so should get the job done here with no fuss. :hope

For today I took Kuznetsova v Kanepi under 20.5 @ 1.8 on bet365 but it's been cut to 1.66 overnight. Kanepi is decent enough and a little bit underrated but has almost no experience of playing the top 10 or so. Kuznetsova has had no problems so far and seems to be in good shape so should get the job done here with no fuss. :hope
I see fuss. Lookin bad. :@

Nice one keliot:ok Glad I didn't get involved in this Safina game...it's as mental as you'd expect!:loon
I was going to avoid it but got so frustrated with Kuzzy I took Safina at a set down. :( Just traded after she went 1-0 in the 3rd so a v.lucky day no matter what now.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June No, she was making it the whole way through. I know most grunt or scream but Im damned if I know what that noise was. Im sure it reminded me of a sound effect on a computer game but cant think of which one. Come to think of it, I think it may be the noise Vega used to make on SF2 when he jumped off the fence at you.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Ivanovic - Jankovic Jankovic is not mentally strong against Ivanovic.Head to head 5-1 for Ivanovic.I watched all of these matches.When Jankovic breaks Ivanovic's serve,Ivanovic immediately breaks Jankovic's serve.Also jankovic has too many problems.She has wrist injury.Moreover she has little problem on her shoulder.Lastly,she is ill,she got cold. In these situations Jankovic has no chance against Ivanovic.She did not beat ivanovic when she was healthy. Ivanovic to beat Jankovic @1.40

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Small value punt on Safina. Doubts about physical and mental fitness after Sharapova and Dementieva matches but she's playing some great stuff and will have the crowd on her side. Kuznetsova is much fresher but has been shaky in her opening sets against Azarenka and Kanepi so I think Safina is well capable of at least getting in front. Surely not another comeback on the cards? :loon

Easy win. Too easy. A small profit but enough for one :nana and a few :beer
Easy win yes but really... more so than Sharapova.... that was the upset of the tourney... didn't see the match but really don't know what kind of match that was, it was all over the place... as Kuznetsova was my ante post pick... she looked good to go all the way....:sad

Easy win yes but really... more so than Sharapova.... that was the upset of the tourney... didn't see the match but really don't know what kind of match that was' date=' it was all over the place... as Kuznetsova was my ante post pick... she looked good to go all the way....:sad[/quote'] I wasn't confident that Safina would get anything out of it but Kuznetsova just didn't show up. Very weird and dull match. I may stick with Safina for the final if the price is right.

Mr.Intensity; is Federer banker for you against Monfils ? :D:D
Yeah he is. After a bad start against Gonzalez I expect him to come out firing. Also very big occasion for Monfils and it could take him a while to get going. I think 3-0 Federer is a decent price, can't see Monfils keeping it close.

Under 32.5 is around 2.00 on betfair. Way too big so I'll have a bit of that. Monfils was fortunate that Ljubicic and Ferrer played so poorly and Federer is far too strong offensively surely.
That 2nd set...:puke

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June I think an interest in Safina in this final is a must. Either straight up @ around 3.00 or +3.5 games @ 2.00 Paddy Power both look like decent bets. She's playing the best tennis of her life, and is just on such an incredible roll. In Berlin she retired Henin, beat Serena in a final set breaker and came from a set down in the final against Dementieva. At Roland Garros she has been a set and 5-2 down against Sharapova and Dementieva and came through extremely strongly against both. I thought she'd have a let down after that against Kuznetsova but she was very strong against an opponent who was nowhere near her best. Safina is just so used to winning at the moment, and I imagine she never feels out of a match even when behind - Ivanovic is rightly favourite, but I think Safina is going to be very hard to put away. You could argue she'll be very nervous with it being her first Slam final, but I think Ivanovic feels the pressure a lot more than her in generally and that will be a great equalisier. What to make of Ivanovic. She was playing rather poorly leading upto this tournament and making pretty negative comments about the state of her game. However, she's still managed to make it to the final. I've watched all of her matches, and she's been very up-and-down. Against Safarova and Schnyder she was excellent, but at other times she's been making a lot of errors and really trying to force her forehand. The match against Jankovic was a pretty poor performance I thought, although she did really step up in the end. That's the most important match, and I think we'll see a similar performance to that one from Ana in the final. H2H is 2-1 to Ivanovic but not really relevant. I think 3 sets is pretty likely, and I'm not sure which way it'll come down but with prices as they are Safina looks a very reasonable price.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Ivanovic played poor against Jankovic??? In the first set she rise her game at deciding moments to come back two times from break down and then won a set.She started second set rather good but then at some point Jankovic started to play simlply great tennis.Strong forehands and backhands.Great rallies played by both girls.Ivanovic was giving all she could.She was running like hell and hitting many balls that she shouldn't be getting to.Jankovic had really hard time to finish her off in every exchange.Jankovic was simply too good in this set.3rd set started well for Jankovic but the whole time I've been watching this set I had a feeling that Ivanovic will come through.She once again rised her game.Started playing incredible down the line and crossed forehands and backhands.She just had too much power in her hits for Jankovic.She is full of confidence, has respectable serve here and with that kind of form I just can't see her losing to Safina.Even against Jankovic who played a great match she was just too good for her opponent.I will be still saying that Safina was incredibly lucky to get into this final...She should be out already two times and Kuznetsova played awfull match against her.Ivanovic will surelly not make the same mistakes as Sharapova and Dementieva did.Ivanovic all the way here imho.I believe that she is just too damn good for Dinara. :hope

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June I agree Ivanovic is the better player. But I thought the second set and the start of the third against Jankovic were very poor. As you say she had too much power for Jankovic - but for about half an hour she couldn't win a game. I think it will be close and think the +3.5 games is a good bet, final could very well be a similar scoreline to the Ivanovic semi with Ivanovic more likely to come through. Then again I've barely called a match correctly all week:lol:lol:lol

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June i agree that ivanovic isnt in best form at the moment. she showed to many mistakes with jankovic, especially on the serve. do u remember how ivanovic played in this big finals? she choked a lot. i remember against henin when she couldnt poinz from her serve more thatn one or two times in match. safina is pure value imo. odd around 3 is pure gift. cant agree that safina was lucky. when u turn 5:2 in u advantage u can not call it luck. safina is flying in the moment

Safina was incredibly lucky to get into this final...She should be out already two times and Kuznetsova played awfull match against her. :hope
I agree with you,specialy here.Something more,this is Ana's third Grand Slam final,Safina,never play it,her best was 1/4 final,pressure on her must be bigger,than on Ivanovic.