** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 25th May - 8th June

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June

ah.. take a friday treble Youzhny - Verdasco Benneteau - Falla Llodra +5G HC - Bolelli 4.23 at gamebookers 4/10
youzhny :wall Gulbis - Llodra today Llodra catch my eyes again. He done a good job versus Bolelli as underdog. Gulbis was underestimated by his opponents Lapentti and Blake. Llodra with home advantage is good enough to crack the 20 years old righthander who´s 7-10 in this season. Llodra def: Patience,Berdych,Bolelli Gubis def: Greul,Blake,Lapentti Llodra will start as underdog again. Can´t understand why but he has a real chance to enter the next level at Paris. Llodra to win :ok

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June well done another treble Gulbis - Llodra Chardy - Almagro over 35 Mathieu - Djokovic 3.99 @ gamebookers 4/10 Chardy sent some important players home. Tursunov and Nalbandian. He´s hot on roland garros. Almagro is much better in world ranking and done also a good job. Can´t decide who´ll be the winner but I´m sure it will be a hard fight for both. I agree with youssef here. Djokovic is maybe the new number two in the world. And everytime good enough to defeat Mathieu.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Ljubicic vs Monfils Monfils @1.98 (gamebookers) with 6 units Gael Monfils will play tomorrow with Ivan Ljubicic for a place in quater finals.This is the second time Monfils is on the fourth round of Roland Garros.The first was in 2006 when he lost to Novak Djokovic in straight sets. Monfils has had a bad season on clay at ATP level but he won a Challenger in Morocco a few weeks before Roland Garros,def. in the final Jeremy Chardy.For Ivan Ljubicic clay season has been very very bad.He lost in Monte Carlo in second round to Novak Djokovic,in Rome lost in first round,second round in Hamburg and a semifinal in Portscach loosing with Juan Monaco in three sets. Both players are 1.93 m and a BIG SERVE but Monfils is young and athletic,faster and better from the baseline and he should win this match without problems.Monfils has a big chance to make the Quaterfinals here at Paris.Head to head is three to one for Ljubicic. My pick is Monfils to win @1.98 (gamebookers) with 6 units.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June ljubicic-monfils 1 1,78 expekt this will be an easy win. ljubo is playing better and better after disaster in last few months. but last few matches he is showing his class. monfils is out of form. i watched his games and he is breathing heavily. he seems to be too tired. ljubo won already against monfils several time and has cure for him. experience will prevail. sharapova-safina 2 1,87 this year sharapova is terrible. she isnt convincing in any oart of her game. a lot of mistake on her first serve. three matches against solid players but tommorw is real one. safina is first class player and after berlin she convinced herself that she is the best. lets hope sharapove will finally fall down:hope

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Really like Ljubicic @ 1.77. Ljubicic has suddenly found some form in this tournament, his serve is excellent and he looks solid from the ground and playing just like he was a couple of years ago. Monfils is a player I like and he has done well so far, however, physically he was struggling in his last match and might struggle in this one. I just see Ljubicic breaking serve more often, and he should get this done.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June when i saw the small preview for Monfils i have to say that i had to write something picking ljubicic, then this morning i wake up and i see 2 other members who already did. i watched monfils play, he is so so so unstable, mentaly is very weak and lets be honnest his opponents were weak players, and he lacks experience for sure so when i saw 1,8 on ljubicic i was really surprised to have such a high price!

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Well, my last two bets had one game too much. Today I try a double :D Ljubicic - Monfils Stepanek +3,5 - Ferrer reasoning Ljubicic is 3-1 versus Monfils in his career. Ljubicic is 19 places higher in ranking on position 30 and Monfils is number 59 in the world. Ljubicic defeated the 4th Davydenko in a 5 set crime, and one round before the qualified Junqueira 3-0. Monfils defeated the austrian Melzer also in 5 sets and Luis Horna 3-0. I´m impressed from Ljubicic´s win over the russian Davydenko who defeated Marat Safin 3-0 one round before. Monfils is 5-7 this year in ATP, won one challenger in Marocco but has 3 first round outs,3 second round outs and only one times (also Monaco) he came to the third round.Ljubicic on the other hand is 13-10 this year. Won East London and stood in Final at Zagreb and SF in Poertschach and Doha. Stepanek - Ferrer are 2-2 in H2H. Stepanek won the last meeting in this year in Rome/Italy with 3-0 on clay.Ferrer is the 5th in the world and 28 places above the czech.Both defeated good players on his way to the 1/8. Stepanek: Jiri Vanek 3-1; Tommy Robredo 3-0 Ferrer: L.Hewitt 3-2; F.Santoro 3-0 Ferrer had a hard last match versus the australian Hewitt maybe Stepanek has the better condition for this match. He defeated Robredo in the last round 6-3,6-2,6-1 and must be fit for Ferrer. I take him with +3,5 games and hope for a tight match. 3.10 @ gamebookers GL :hope

SportTennis
EventSafina-Sharapova
SelectionSafina
Strength10/10
Date02/06/2008
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 2.05 (Back)
ReasoningHere i like Safina a lot and this girl is really playing excellent lately and she is in form.On the other side Sharapova is in downtrend and here play is way below her level and she is making a lot of UE.She had problems in all three matches against her opponents who were nothing special but against Safina who is in form she will have a lot of difficulties.Odds are little bit low but they are worth of risk.

SportTennis
EventKuznetsova-Azarenka
SelectionKuznetsova
Strength10/10
Date02/06/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 1.55 (Back)
ReasoningI believe here in Kuznetsova chances to win this match as i think she is very determine to prove herself here and she has big chances making to finals as both sisters Williams are out while Sharapova is not in form and only Serbian duo Jankovic or Ivanovic can stop here in my opinion.Azarenka is in good form but i think Kuznetsova is little bit better player and that she will prove today on court.

SportTennis
EventLjubicic-Monfils
SelectionLjubicic
Strength10/10
Date02/06/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningNot the fan of Ljubo but here i believe he is worth of risk and i think he can win today against Monfils who is playing good but i like more way of Ljubicic is playing.His service is doing great job for him here and if he can continue that he will have big chances going to quarter finals.Monfils is not so stabile player unlike Ljubicic and i believe that is his adventage.

SportTennis
EventFerrer-Stepanek
SelectionFerrer
Strength10/10
Date02/06/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.62 (Back)
ReasoningGoing here on better player here and Ferrer is that as he is much complete player on clay than Stepanek who likes easy point and playing on net.Ferrer is good defender and i believe he can break Stepanek here.

SportTennis
EventKanepi-Kvitova
SelectionKanepi
Strength10/10
Date02/06/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningKanepi here for me as this girl is playing good tournament so far and looking this two girls in this stage is a suprise but i believe that more stabile and better player will win here and that is Kanepi for me.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Gonzalez - Ginepri 3-0 win But Gonzalez was awsome! Ginepri who´s not the typical clay player was also good maybe his best effort on clay. But Gonzalez was brilliant. And his next opponent in the quarter final Federer/Benneteau need a very good day to beat him! Federer - Benneteau on Centre Court now starting :ok

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Tennis - Roland Garros Gael Monfils - Ivan Ljubicic Pick: 1 Unit 2,25 @ 10BET Game between Gael Monfils (nº 59 world-wide) and Ivan Ljubicic (nº 30 world-wide) that will be played in central court “Philippe Chatrier”. Gael Monfils plays in home, with a backup of his public and has demonstrated that playing supported by them, he becomes a very difficult player to beat, Arnaud Clement, Luis Horna and Jurgen Melzer are examples of that. On the other hand Ivan Ljubicic, that had two accessible players in the two first games against Eric Prodon and Diego Junqueira, eliminating then Davidenko in a good performance of the Bosnian. These players had never played each other in clay, for what he becomes an unexpected meeting, even though in our opinion the support that Monfils will have can be decisive. This season Monfils has already beaten in clay players as Fernando Verdasco (nº23 world-wide), Ivo Karlovic (nº21 world-wide), winning the Challengers of Marrakech (Morocco) where demonstrated great superiority face to its adversaries. How about Ljubicic had until Roland Garros a weak performance in clay, getting is greater victory face to nº44 world-wide Steve Darcis, that shows that Ljubicic has not reached a so high level than Monfils in clay. For these factors it seems to me that Monfils, supported by the French will have conditions to arrive at the Quarter-finals stage of Roland Garros.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Federer defeated Benneteau as expected 3-0 (6-4,7-5,7-5). Ljubicic - Monfils is followed by Federer/Benneteau on Centre Court now. The girlies can´t find a winner in their match Sharapova - Safina. clear the court girls, I need the Stepanek/Ferrer match!!

Yep cracking match' date=' anyone else lol when Shara was booed off?:lol:lol:lol Got to fancy Safina now over Dementieva, could go all the way![/quote'] Haha yeah, and the camera caught her saying "******* assholes" when they wouldnt stop the mexican wave. :lol Amazing how Safina went from being in tears at 5-3 and 30-0 down to play such unbelievable stuff. Hoping Ljubicic can take care of Monfils now or at least get his nose in front.

Ljubicic vs Monfils Monfils @1.98 (gamebookers) with 6 units Gael Monfils will play tomorrow with Ivan Ljubicic for a place in quater finals.This is the second time Monfils is on the fourth round of Roland Garros.The first was in 2006 when he lost to Novak Djokovic in straight sets. Monfils has had a bad season on clay at ATP level but he won a Challenger in Morocco a few weeks before Roland Garros,def. in the final Jeremy Chardy.For Ivan Ljubicic clay season has been very very bad.He lost in Monte Carlo in second round to Novak Djokovic,in Rome lost in first round,second round in Hamburg and a semifinal in Portscach loosing with Juan Monaco in three sets. Both players are 1.93 m and a BIG SERVE but Monfils is young and athletic,faster and better from the baseline and he should win this match without problems.Monfils has a big chance to make the Quaterfinals here at Paris.Head to head is three to one for Ljubicic. My pick is Monfils to win @1.98 (gamebookers) with 6 units.
:okMonfils def. Ljubicic 7-6 4-6 6-3 6-2

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Tennis - Roland Garros Gael Monfils - Ivan Ljubicic Pick: 1 Unit 2,25 @ 10BET Game between Gael Monfils (nº 59 world-wide) and Ivan Ljubicic (nº 30 world-wide) that will be played in central court “Philippe Chatrier”. Gael Monfils plays in home, with a backup of his public and has demonstrated that playing supported by them, he becomes a very difficult player to beat, Arnaud Clement, Luis Horna and Jurgen Melzer are examples of that. On the other hand Ivan Ljubicic, that had two accessible players in the two first games against Eric Prodon and Diego Junqueira, eliminating then Davidenko in a good performance of the Bosnian. These players had never played each other in clay, for what he becomes an unexpected meeting, even though in our opinion the support that Monfils will have can be decisive. Monfils 3-1 Ljubicic :clap

Well, my last two bets had one game too much. Today I try a double :D Ljubicic - Monfils Stepanek +3,5 - Ferrer reasoning Ljubicic is 3-1 versus Monfils in his career. Ljubicic is 19 places higher in ranking on position 30 and Monfils is number 59 in the world. Ljubicic defeated the 4th Davydenko in a 5 set crime, and one round before the qualified Junqueira 3-0. Monfils defeated the austrian Melzer also in 5 sets and Luis Horna 3-0. I´m impressed from Ljubicic´s win over the russian Davydenko who defeated Marat Safin 3-0 one round before. Monfils is 5-7 this year in ATP, won one challenger in Marocco but has 3 first round outs,3 second round outs and only one times (also Monaco) he came to the third round.Ljubicic on the other hand is 13-10 this year. Won East London and stood in Final at Zagreb and SF in Poertschach and Doha. Stepanek - Ferrer are 2-2 in H2H. Stepanek won the last meeting in this year in Rome/Italy with 3-0 on clay.Ferrer is the 5th in the world and 28 places above the czech.Both defeated good players on his way to the 1/8. Stepanek: Jiri Vanek 3-1; Tommy Robredo 3-0 Ferrer: L.Hewitt 3-2; F.Santoro 3-0 Ferrer had a hard last match versus the australian Hewitt maybe Stepanek has the better condition for this match. He defeated Robredo in the last round 6-3,6-2,6-1 and must be fit for Ferrer. I take him with +3,5 games and hope for a tight match.
Stepanek +3,5HC :) Ljubicic :cry

SportTennis
EventNadal-Almagro
SelectionNadal -7.5 games handicap
Strength10/10
Date03/06/2008
Bookmaker/PriceBet1128 @ 1.95 (Back)
ReasoningWatching Nadal playing lately i just cant see how Almagro can cause any problems to him as Nadal is perfoming excellent and he swept all opponents easily so far after having only little resistance in first set but then he found his game.Almagro is solid player but he has not experience to play even game with Nadal and i believe that Nico cant do anything against him.Yes he can beat players like Chardy or Murray on clay but against top players like Nadal he never had succes.I decided to pick Nadal to cover game handicap as the line isnt so big and i think that Nadal will swept Almagro from court in possibly three sets.