** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 15

Friday 23 May 2008 Home Away
Bradford Bulls v Leeds Rhinos (19:30BST)+2 -2Details »
Hide « Bradford Bulls v Leeds Rhinos
Saturday 24 May 2008 Home Away
Catalans Dragons v Huddersfield Giants (19:30BST) -6+6Details »
Hide « Catalans Dragons v Huddersfield Giants
Sunday 25 May 2008 Home Away
Hull KR v Harlequins RL (15:00BST) -4+4Details »
Hide « Hull KR v Harlequins RL
Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors (15:30BST)+4 -4Details »
Hide « Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors
Hull FC v St Helens (18:00BST)+8 -8Details »
Hide « Hull FC v St Helens
Monday 26 May 2008 Home Away
Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers (19:30BST) -20+20Details »
Don't think 8 will be enough for Hull and Leeds -2 could be of interest.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 15 Saints looks the stand out to me but im wary because of the Saints Hull game at Knowsley Road. There was only one point in it and Hull were no where near full strength. In fairness Saints missed a few Key players but you would have expected them still beat Hull comfortably. The flip side is Leeds, Bradford and Quins have all gone to Hull and won with a bit to spare. I watched Saints last week. They should have been out of sight against the Catalans but for crucial handling errors. Anderson clearly wasnt happy at the end. Hopefully hes given them a rocket and it'll all click this Sunday. Weathers good so surely the -8 looks real good. I await team news. I know Hull have a couple back at the very least....

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 15 Hull have a new coach (all be it a potentially temporary one.) Richard Agar took charge for four games in 2006 when John Kear was sacked, starting with a home game against Leeds and he did well (3 wins and a narrow loss to Leeds.) The game's on Sky and the players SHOULD be feeling guilty for costing Sharp his job. Logic (alas, which is not always something that can be guaranteed!!) dictates if nothing else, Hull will up their game. Hull also have a crazily good record against Saints at the KC Stadium inc. a big win last year when they were underdogs, together with 4 thrashings (inc. a 44-6) from 5 other other encounters since they moved to the KC in 2003. If ever there was a 'no bet' then this is it. Have a 1 point bet on a first tryscorer for interest and look to other games to have your bigger punts on.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 15

watched Saints last week. They should have been out of sight against the Catalans but for crucial handling errors.
I thought Saints were poor and after beating Wigan so easily you can get a flat game from them. If saints are in the mood they win easy, but they have a habit of having flat performances in between thrashing teams. I am with reaper, no bet. Can't see Leeds -2 still being around, this would have been my bet, it is as much as 10 with the spread firms. Poor weekend all round, only bet will be buying the points in Warrington v Cas game, probably be set about 55, but still a very good bet.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 15 Good post Grim. I agree with you completely. Certainly not a match for piling into IMO. Not on the handicaps/outright anyway. I'm all over Leeds tonight. 10pts Leeds -4 to beat Bradford 8/11 Coral These two sides have met twice this season and on each occasion Leeds have stuck 40pts on the Bulls. Admittedly this is the 1st time that they've met at Odsal this season but it's going to take something special for the Bulls defence to suddenly stop Leeds scoring points. They struggled to stop Castleford piling up points last week and you have to wonder if Castleford are sticking 5 tries past Bradford how many will Leeds score. Bradford have Joe Vagana back in their side tonight but I'm not convinced he'll make much difference. Leeds could well be boosted by Ali Lauititi. Passions will run high but I expect Leeds' quality to tell and so I think they'll cover 4pts easily enough.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 15 Two strong sides out at Odsal tonight. I fancy Leeds to win tonight. Just got a nagging feeling though Bradford at near full strength could put in a performance. Good dry conditions tonight though. Lots of attacking threat from both sides. im fancying a bet on the Overs. Over 44.5 points @ 1.8(Sportingbet) looks the call for me. Leeds likes been said before have chalked up 40 points twice against Bradford already this season. Same tonight would be good. The big team news in the Saints game is Dykes is out and Berrigan struggling. Carvell and G Horne back but im asking whose going to be playing the ball if Dykes and Berrigan miss out. That Saints handicap is seriously calling me still. True enough Saints were poor last week but they were playing the 2nd placed team and never ever looked like getting beat. KR also interest me this week. Dobson and Cooke could be an interesting combination. KR at home could good this week. Got to go now. Good luck to all.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 15 Got a call from a friend of mine who was at the game that Bradford had Deacon and Harris out so I took the -6.5 on Leeds 10/11, well done Kevshat also. Not a classic, but Leeds have a habit of changing gears when they need to and a great plus of being able to score from anywhere on the field. Still handicap was not safe until late on. No more now apart from points on live game on Monday, weather permitting.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XIII - Round 15 Weather is fine for today, so I have just bought the amount of tries at 9.25 with the spread firm I.G. Cannot see anything but loads of tries in this. I have gone for tries instead of points as the two kickers are not prolific.

Weather is fine for today' date=' so I have just bought the amount of tries at 9.25 with the spread firm I.G. Cannot see anything but loads of tries in this. I have gone for tries instead of points as the two kickers are not prolific.[/quote'] Good shout Karel. 12 tries so hopefully you made a load of cash with them. Can't see Paul Cullen being in charge when Warrington come to The Stoop next Sunday.

Good shout Karel. 12 tries so hopefully you made a load of cash with them. Can't see Paul Cullen being in charge when Warrington come to The Stoop next Sunday.
Thanks for that, I bought for £150 a try so made a tidy £430ish. Yes its true Cullen has gone, the trouble is I liked his leaky, not existant defence, it was a good money maker for me, not just for points but for his side being over rated every week. I think it was time for a change though.

They've sacked Cullen about 2 years too late. I just hope they don't go for JK:hope
I agree with that mate, for the amount of money Warrington dish out in wages they have been below par for a more than a couple of years. Never really challenged in the upper echelons of the league, play offs or challenge cup. Cullen seems to be a bit of media darling with the sky crew so I'm sure he'll be alright. Rumour has it he may end up at Sale as defensive coach. On another issue, hope Richard Agar does well at Hull FC, I suppose with Hull nailed on for a franchise, its a risk worth taking. Anyone care to guess what Jon Sharpe and Richard Agar have in common?

Anyone care to guess what Jon Sharpe and Richard Agar have in common?
Well the coach of my home town club Jon 'the spin doctor' Sharpe is now the longest serving coach, if that's not the conncetion, Richard Agar must talk a lot of tripe, because 'Jon Share' certainly does.

Well the coach of my home town club Jon 'the spin doctor' Sharpe is now the longest serving coach' date=' if that's not the conncetion, Richard Agar must talk a lot of tripe, because 'Jon Share' certainly does.[/quote'] haha, I'd agree with the spin doctor stuff after some of the dealings my club has had with him! But unfortunately.... no cigar for you on this question :dude

haha, I'd agree with the spin doctor stuff after some of the dealings my club has had with him! But unfortunately.... no cigar for you on this question :dude
O.k spill the beans Punto.............By the way if you support your home town club Wakefield, well done on a great season so far. You play some very entertaining stuff and I always enjoy my short trip to your ground.

O.k spill the beans Punto.............By the way if you support your home town club Wakefield' date=' well done on a great season so far. You play some very entertaining stuff and I always enjoy my short trip to your ground.[/quote'] Well Richard Agar and Jon Sharpe actually grew up on the same street together (infact were next door neighbours). Thanks for the kind words, (un)fortunately I don't support Wakefield. I'm a Featherstone Rovers fan :ok

O.k spill the beans Punto.............By the way if you support your home town club Wakefield' date=' well done on a great season so far. You play some very entertaining stuff and I always enjoy my short trip to your ground.[/quote'] Have you ever lived in Wakefield? I knew a lad called Karel in Wakefield years back, when I was at primary school and it's not exactly a common name round those parts.

Have you ever lived in Wakefield? I knew a lad called Karel in Wakefield years back, when I was at primary school and it's not exactly a common name round those parts.
No Paul I have not and my first name is actually 'Paul'. I was once asked by my partner what name I would chose if I had a boy and said 'Karel' Never did have a son, but liked the name so I just use it for the few forums I go on. I love rugby league and tend to only bet on this and sometimes football. I go to at least a game a week and all over the country, depending on what bet I fancy, so I do get a round a lot of places and grounds. Anyway that's me.