** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Profit , Profit , Profit !

SeanMac

Well as the name suggests this thread is all about profit , even if its 80p a day to £5 to £100 , the aim is to end every betting day in the green :) I will do this by betting on a mininum of 4 horses to WIN each day , the stakes will be small to start with , a £1 on each horse :) My selections for today are : 2.50 Goodwood Sixties Icon 10/11 2.35 weatherby wotchalike 8/11 2.25 haydock fivefootnumberone 11/8 3.10 weatherby mr aitch 11/4 £1 stake on each :) see what the profit or loss is after all the races have ran their course :hope

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Profit , Profit , Profit ! Good luck with this. One thing that gets in people's way is looking for a certain amount of profit each day. This can lead to chasing or placing bets they aren't quite so sure about just to reach their target. This hunt seems to have the right attitude. 10p profit or £100, its all still more than you started off with. I often have this issue when people say it's not worth backing something at so and so odds as you hardly get anything back. Well as long as its still a good value bet then who cares. A winners a winner and it still boosts your bank, however little it may be.

Re: Profit , Profit , Profit !

Good luck with this. One thing that gets in people's way is looking for a certain amount of profit each day. This can lead to chasing or placing bets they aren't quite so sure about just to reach their target. This hunt seems to have the right attitude. 10p profit or £100, its all still more than you started off with. I often have this issue when people say it's not worth backing something at so and so odds as you hardly get anything back. Well as long as its still a good value bet then who cares. A winners a winner and it still boosts your bank, however little it may be.
Thanks alot mate :D exactly what i was thinking :ok

Well as the name suggests this thread is all about profit ' date= even if its 80p a day to £5 to £100 , the aim is to end every betting day in the green :) I will do this by betting on a mininum of 4 horses to WIN each day , the stakes will be small to start with , a £1 on each horse :) My selections for today are : 2.50 Goodwood Sixties Icon 10/11 2.35 weatherby wotchalike 8/11 2.25 haydock fivefootnumberone 11/8 3.10 weatherby mr aitch 11/4 £1 stake on each :) see what the profit or loss is after all the races have ran their course :hope
Id like to point out that i have Mr aitch at 3/1 not 11/4 , doesnt make alot of a difference but just thought id correct it :ok

Re: Profit , Profit , Profit ! All the best with this Glory Hunt! Seems an interesting idea and as has been said, good not to be chasing a certain level of profit. How did you go about choosing the horses?

All the best with this Glory Hunt! Seems an interesting idea and as has been said, good not to be chasing a certain level of profit. How did you go about choosing the horses?
Cheers mate :):ok I choose them by looking at the form , course , distance , etc :) for example - Wotchalike 2.35 weatherby won his last race at 20f , today hes racing at 20f once again which seems to be his preffered distance , the jockey is AP McCoy who is the best jockey on show at this race having won 24.5% of races there :) Going with stats like this is how is have chosen my horses , lets just hope it does me well :hope

Re: Profit , Profit , Profit ! Good start then as Fivefootnumberone wins at 11/8 £1 stake gives me £2.38 back which mean the profit after the 1st races stands at £1.38 :D:D:D Next race is 2.35 weatherby Wotchalike 8/11 :hope

Re: Profit , Profit , Profit ! Mr Aitch came in 1st at 3/1 which gives me £4 back for my £1 which means i get £8.29 back from my 4 races today :) 3 winners out of 4 :) Staked £4 Returned £8.29 Profit £4.29 :) More than doubled my £4 today :nana

Re: Profit , Profit , Profit ! Ok , another 4 selections for tonight :) all £1 stakes : 6.50 Worcester Go West 5/4 8.50 Worcester Search For Gold 13/8 8.30 Clonmel Blueberry Tart 7/2 5.20 Haydock Icon Project 4/6 Heres Hoping :):hope

Ok ' date= another 4 selections for tonight :) all £1 stakes : 6.50 Worcester Go West 5/4 8.50 Worcester Search For Gold 13/8 8.30 Clonmel Blueberry Tart 7/2 5.20 Haydock Icon Project 4/6 Heres Hoping :):hope
Just like to point out that if none of these selections are succesful then it doesnt matter because i still end the day in profit , £0.29 :lol , however it could go the other way and i could end up tripling my starting budget in the space of a day , heres hoping its the latter :hope

Ok ' date= another 4 selections for tonight :) all £1 stakes : 6.50 Worcester Go West 5/4 8.50 Worcester Search For Gold 13/8 8.30 Clonmel Blueberry Tart 7/2 5.20 Haydock Icon Project 4/6 Heres Hoping :):hope
Forgot to mention that i forgot to write the price on the slip for the 8.30 at Clonmel , 7/2 was the price it was at when i put it on but if it win it will get the price it starts at :lol

Another winner:) 5.20 Haydock Icon Project came in 1st at 8/11 giving me £1.73 back for my £1 . This Brings the profit for today to - £6.02 :nana
:loon Four out of five winners and the other in the places!! :clap Just a shame you didnt do one of those lucky 15 things or guess you could be celebrating a lot more. Hope you keep the good run going forward! :beer

6.50 worcester go west NR 8.50 wocester search for gold 2nd 8.30 clonmel blueberry tart who knows :lol 5.20 haydock icon project 1st 5 out of 7 for yesterday :dude

Re: Profit , Profit , Profit ! Ok then just looked at some of todays race cards and there is two horses i fancy atm in todays races : 2.00 Brighton Mazzola 10/11 2.45 Newcastle Blimey Oriley 1/1 Will add more later :) heres hoping for these two though :hope