** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

bets for euro 2008

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: bets for euro 2008 Top Portuguese Goalscorer-Nuno Gomes >Boylesports @ 7.00 he looks a bit overpriced here, probably due to the Ronaldo hype machine. Whilst he is a worthy favourite- he has 20 goals in 55 games for his country - Portugals main striker Gomes has a comparable record of 28 goals in 69 games yet is several times the price. he looks set to start instead of Almeida and is definite value.

Re: bets for euro 2008 Quinella: Spain and Croatia Spain and Croatia are on opposite sides of the draw and should both be able to progress through their group games. Spain are quite strong down the middle and have a very good midfield and attack while Croatia are pretty consistent in defence and have a very good midfield. Both teams have shown in their qualifiers that they have the players to win their games and go all the way into the finals.

Re: bets for euro 2008 PPower have a special - "First team booked for diving" With the refs being advised to clamp down on Acts of Simulation - Diving should come under this heading. The last few major tournaments have seen the refs being very strict on their guidelines in the early matches. With this in mind I am going to go for teams in the first 2 matches I think the 2nd match will be a niggly affair that might be goalless for quite a while, which should see some players trying it on with the ref - H.Fandel (Ger) The first match has the strict italian ref - Roberto Rosetti Portugal 30% Stake - 6/1 Turkey 30% Stake - 7/1 Swiss 20% Stake - 9/2 Czech 20% Stake - 5/1

Re: bets for euro 2008 Ante-post bets- France @ 9/1 to win Euro 2008- reasoning in ante-post thread, feel there is value in the French who have a solid experienced base and a mix of youth in Benzema and Nasri. Look for Ribery to shine in this tournament. Top goalscorer- Mario Gomez @ 17/1- 28 goals in 32 matches for Stuttgart in comparison with Mirsoslav Klose who has been majorly off form this season and while he is a proven international goalscorer at 10.5 I think Gomez can outscore him at better odds. Also with Germany having the easier half of the draw I think they can get at least to the semi-finals which would give them at least 5 games assuming they top their group and avoid Portugal- including a game against weak home nation Austria so I think with that in mind Gomez will be up there.

Re: bets for euro 2008

Euro 2008 Group A Portugal will rely on their World star player Ronaldo to provide the goals to get them through. After such a great season, will he be able to match it by taking Portugal one step closer than they got last time losing to Greece in the final? They look good fav's to win thier group. Switzerland are joint hosts & thats normally enough to get through the group stages. They play all games in thier home country & look value to finish in 2nd place behind Portugal. Thier rivals Turkey & Czech Rep dont look good enough this year following their qualifying campaigns. look out for fireworks in the Turkey/Swiss game, as last time there was a massive pitch battle - between the players & staff!! Group B Germany look to have the easiest of tasks to qualify in what looks like a weak group. The world cup runners up could well go all the way this year & should qualify with at least 7pts out of 9. Croatia are tipped to be runners up in this group but if they get a point vs Germany, they could be value to top the group. Poland & joint host Austria dont look good enough. Group C “group of death “ France: Many of Frances players arrive currently out of form, the likes of Thierry Henry, Vieira Anelka have not enjoyed the best of seasons. Do obviously have very good forward options and a well organised defence that has conceded few goals but do they have the necessary fight to overcome this group. Italy: Are they too old? Time will tell, this is a very strong group & they offer no value. They push men forward in numbers to support Toni and have a strong midfield with Pirloan anchor in midfield. Holland: Another team who are perennial underachievers and have suffered 3 consecutive penalty defeats in major tournaments. Van Bastens last chance as coach to go out on a high. They have a host of world class attacking talent in Van Persie, Kuyt, Robben and Van Nistelrooy, but crucially have a suspect defence. Romania: I think this team have been truly underestimated, and think they may cause an upset and go through to the quarters. With Inter Milan’s Chivu and former Chelsea striker Mutu who has scored 6 goals in their qualifying games they could be ready to cause a shock in this group. Group D Spain: Must enter tournament full of confidence and bankers to go through this group. Again often under achieved, but have a well balanced side in which Xavi and Fabregas can both supply and join the attack where necessary. Finally in striking options Torres and Villa must surely be able to produce the goods and this team may just go all the way. Russia: Guus Hiddink factor alone has created a very strong team. They have an emerging young team of Talent in Akinfeev, and striker Suchev and play with a 3 man defence which has proved hard to break down, should go through to quarters, though striker Arshavin suspended for the first 2 games. Sweden: Can only see a side here that will struggle, will be relying on Ibrahimovic to supply the goals alongside Elmander and Kallstrom being key players going forward. Unlikely to go further forward. Greece: Lost only one match n qualifying but not many will expect them to retain their 2004 title. Much will rely on Charisteas who scored the winning goal in 2004 final and he will once again lead the attack alongside Celtic Striker Samaras. A lively ew chance.

Recommended Bets

Overall Winner

Germany 4/1 Bet365

Greece 40/1 Skybet EW

Holland 14/1 Bet365

Croatia 12/1 Bet365

Group bets

Group A

Portugal 11/8 bluesq

Switzerland to qualify 11/10 Sportingbet

Group B

Straight forecast Germany / Croatia 15/8 Bet365

Croatia 5/2 Totesport

Group C

Holland 11/4 Bet365

Romania 12/1 Bluesq

Group D

Greece 6/1 Pinnacle

Straight forecasts

Spain / Greece 11/2

Spain / Sweden 5/1

Spain / Russia 9/2

Top Goalscorer

Torres 9/1 Spain

Marica 100/1 Romania

Gokas 80/1 Greece

Kuranyi 66/1 Germany

Re: bets for euro 2008 A small spread for me on missed penalties, Sporting Index are going 5.5-6.5, this now includes extra time AND penalty shoot-outs, so a buy for me:ok:ok. Also have a lucky 15 on Villa 5/2 Huntelaar 7/2 Gomez 7/2 Ibrahimovic 2/1 to be their countries top scorers. This is with Bet 365 & you could probably get better odds elsewhere but i had some money in that account...:ok

Re: bets for euro 2008 Got a 6-fold on the first lot of games finishing under 2.5 An accumulator on these all qualifying as dual forcast and straight forcast. Germany & Croatia Spain & Russia Italy & France Portugal & Switzerland

Re: bets for euro 2008 Sorry only just got back in so one of my games is in play. Some more of my bets i have done are: fourfold and trebles from the following games:- Portugal to beat Turkey, Croatia to beat Austria, Germany to beat Poland and Germany to beat Austria. Klose 11/1 e/w top scorer Gomez 20/1 top scorer on betfair and 7.2 on betfair for top 3. Ballack top three on betfair at 14/1. Double on Croatia to beat Austria and Germany to beat Poland on Coral, Ladbrokes and Betfair. Fourfold and trebles for their countries top scorer: Torres(Spain), Toni(Italy), Petric (Croatia), Linz(Austria) and then the same again with no goalscorer for Austria.

Re: bets for euro 2008 I'll throw my 2p in here now... Worried that I've not (as yet) backed Portugal who looked mightily impressive last night but here goes... OUTRIGHT Spain @ 5/1, Italy at 13/2 TO REACH FINAL Spain/Portugal @ 12/1, Germany/Spain @ 9/1, Germany/Italy @ 10/1, Italy/Portugal @ 12/1 TO WIN GROUP Portugal @ 5/4, Germany @ 4/6, France @ 2/1, Spain @ 4/5 backed in trebles and a fourfold GROUP STRAIGHT FORECASTS Portugal/Czech Republic @ 7/2, Germany/Croatia @ 11/8, France/Italy @ 4/1, Spain/Russia @ 4/1 backed in singles and trebles (VCBet wouldn't allow doubles and upwards but allowed the trebles bet???!?) TOP GOALSCORER No bet. Too wide open a market for my liking. All prices Saturday AM with VCBet.

Re: bets for euro 2008 Just for a bit of intrest i'm doing the following on each game on the half time fulltime bets. Draw/Team1 Draw/Team2 Team1/Team2 Team2/Team1 One unit each Lay 0-0 for 5.5 units If one team scores in the first half back the other 5 points. If no score till the second half let the lay ride to cover HT/FT. As i say small amounts for a bit of fun. I'm sure in Euro 2000 if you did Team1/Team2 Team2/Team1 on every game you would have ended in profit!! First two games in slight profit although was sweating on Chec Rep game a bit. Just watchin Croatia if Austria win or its a draw in decent profit.

Re: bets for euro 2008

right 2mora i think i will be doing a double i will be going for croatia and germany to win the odds are around 2/1 good luck all:nana:nana:nana
:beer:cheers:D:rollin:lol;):nana:ok:):clap:cow:loon

Re: bets for euro 2008 Thinking about having a go with the Team1/Draw and Team2/Draw in HT/FT market for tomorrow's games with singles and doubles. I think that at least one of the games will end in the first draw of Euro 2008. I believe the odds are about 17/1 for each team to be winning at half time and then draw at full time. If this is done with 1pt doubles and 2pt singles then the cost would be as follows: Singles - Holland/Draw - Italy/Draw - France/Draw - Romania/Draw = 8pt Doubles Holland/Draw & France/Draw - Holland/Draw & Romania/Draw - Italy/Draw & France/Draw - Italy/Draw & Romania/Draw - Total 4pt Total cost of 12pts Providing that the odds of 17/1 are correct then just one game coming off would net a profit of 6pts. If both games were to be draws then profit of 24pts for the singles and for the doubles there would be profit of 324pts. I think it could be worth a go but will decide for sure tomorrow and will let you know if I do go for this.

Re: bets for euro 2008 Just realised that I was undertalking the profit for the singles as I was calculating on the basis of 1pt stakes and not the 2pt stakes that I referred to. If one of those was to come in then it would be profit of 24pts and not the 6pts that I first stated. If two came in then profit would be 60pts, the 324pts for the double would be unaffected. I believe there's value there but as I said in the previous post, I will decide for sure tomorrow whether to make the bet.

Re: bets for euro 2008 Ladbrokes reacted to Germany's impressive display last night by pushing a France to win outright/Thierry Henry top scorer double out to 80/1. Now I know Germany were good and justified their odds being cut, the same with Podolski, but France haven't even kicked a ball yet and the bookies seem to be offering generous odds at 80/1 IMO. Fair enough France may have a few injury concerns. Ribery and Henry will be hoping to shake off slight knocks whilst Vieira may even miss the whole tourament. However, they have a decent enough squad, packed with experience and if they beat Romania here they would be set up to win the group in the likely scenario that Holland and Italy draw tonight and the big three all draw with one another subsequently. If Henry makes the starting XI tonight it is quite possible that he could bag one or two and then pick up the other 3 or 4 needed to take the Golden Shoe award (5 goals been enough last 3 tournaments) en route to the final. I think they may face Greece in the quarters and then Italy (who the drew with and beat during qualifying) in the semis. 80/1 seems overpriced to me. If Germany go on and win I'll still be happy as they are my main bet, but I think the France/Henry bet must be worth a quid, taking the gamble that he's fit and plays. :hope

Re: bets for euro 2008 DJ i'm betting on HT/FT in all games (posted earlier) in slight loss at the moment. But i does make the game more intresting. I'm just waiting for that first decent win. Good luck tonite!

Re: bets for euro 2008 Draw at Half Time, Romania have looked poor and not bothering to want to attack too heavily. France haven't appeared as great as they could have done and so the first bet and the doubles are flushed out. In hindsight I'm wondering whether it might be an idea to back the draw at HT. That way if it's a draw then I profit, if it's either of the 2 teams winning then my bet is back on with the HT/FT market! :unsure Good luck Jay for your picks! My only potential saving grace could be that I had 50p on Mutu to score first goal and the game to finish 1-1. I picked that bet @ odds of I think 46 and so if Mutu scores first in the second half and the game ends like that then I win! :nana

Re: bets for euro 2008 France are sh#te at the moment dont know what their thinkin startin with anelka before henry. I've layed 0-0 to cover bets so might be sweating soon. The game seems to have perked up though!!!